PDA

View Full Version : paralizers?

iconiclastic
08-13-2007, 09:36 AM
I was playing in pvp and paralized an opponent who promptly killed me while paralized.Later I turned a gnoll to stone and moved on to the next mob and died with an arrow in my back.All the while the code of conduct cites integrity which obviously the games' developers do not posess,which doesn't surprise because they do not understand the meaning of the words they are using.A fellow player pointed out to me just what the word integrity means.By that standard how can the games' controllers expect us as players to behave with integrity when they themselves refuse to do so.Since the game has begun changes have been made that have proven without a shadow of a doubt that we are dealing with a company that completely lacks integrity.This isin't even my opinion alone.I hear it all the time and I watch the game population shrink til they have to merge servers.

here are my proofs.

Invisibility used to be a useful spell that allowed you(rightly so)to sneak past mobs now it has no use whatsoever because they decided to change it.

The silver flame trinket used to be a sought after item that made the long and boring quest chain worth doing,so everyone did it to get one and so they changed it.

Deathward a spell that is supposed to stop negative energy spells and effects of undead prevents a vorpal weapon from chopping off a head while your toon still takes stat damage from undead.

paralizers which stop a victim from being able to move(in any way)allow instead for the victim to still attack,further they don't even suffer the effect of being critically hit.So now they are useless as well.

So here is my(and others)soultion to the problem:
I will take my money elsewhere.

Good luck with your company though I suspect that if someone who sells wine instead is giving his customers grape jucie will not stay in buisness very long.

Mad_Bombardier
08-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Just to help out a little.

1) Invisibility still works. You are not seen (unless that particular enemy has True Seeing or See Invisibility), but you still make noise. Work on your Move Silently skill.
2) They never changed the Silver Flame Trinket. Did they???
3) Vorpals are a hotly debated issue. I don't think Deathward should prevent it. Not all stat damage is a negative energy attack, so some stat damage can occur. I agree that Undead attacks should be negative energy.
4) Moving/attacking while Paralyzed is a known bug and is in the Weekly Development Activities as being fixed soon. It has never provided the free criticals as Hold Person/Monster as it is a lesser effect.

Good luck with your new game(s).

Ziggy
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
this is in the wrong forum.

THis is so not off-topic.:D :p

underlordone
08-13-2007, 10:01 AM
I thought it was off topic since you report something and never hear well half the time never hear from it :P

Ghoste
08-13-2007, 10:02 AM
So you're looking for an MMO where the programmers get the coding perfect each and every single patch? Good luck with that.

And I almost forgot to mention: Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

studentx
08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
I was playing in pvp and paralized an opponent who promptly killed me while paralized.Later I turned a gnoll to stone and moved on to the next mob and died with an arrow in my back.

This is a known issue your not the only one who has died because of it. Mod 5, I think, will address this issue.

All the while the code of conduct cites integrity which obviously the games' developers do not posess,which doesn't surprise because they do not understand the meaning of the words they are using.A fellow player pointed out to me just what the word integrity means.By that standard how can the games' controllers expect us as players to behave with integrity when they themselves refuse to do so.Since the game has begun changes have been made that have proven without a shadow of a doubt that we are dealing with a company that completely lacks integrity.This isin't even my opinion alone.<snip>

Integrity is the basing of one's actions on an internally consistent framework of principles. Depth of principles and adherence of each level to the next are key determining factors. One is said to have integrity to the extent that everything he does and believes is based on the same core set of values. While those values may change, it is their consistency with each other and with the person's actions that determine his integrity.

The concept of integrity is directly linked to responsibility in that implementation spawning from principles is designed with a specific outcome in mind. When the action fails to achieve the desired effect, a change of principles is indicated. Accountability is achieved when a faulty principle is identified and changed to produce a more useful action.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrity

You have identified an action that fails to achieve the desired effect, therefore impliment a change to produce a more useful outcome. (Note this does not mean abandon your principles entirely. I feel your angst, but when something distasteful happens in real life you don't get the option to just quit.) BTW: The Devs have noticed it too and are working to correct it.

Invisibility used to be a useful spell that allowed you(rightly so)to sneak past mobs now it has no use whatsoever because they decided to change it.

Invisibility does not allow you to run up to something, taunt 'haha', and run away without you being seen. It was broken before, now its fixed. As you said sneak, players were not sneaking. Now invis, sneaking, some move silently and hide works pretty well. I does not however make you undetectable.

The silver flame trinket used to be a sought after item that made the long and boring quest chain worth doing,so everyone did it to get one and so they changed it.

Bug report. Forum searches to follow and track fixes. Posting helps but like all human beings, DEVs would like the smallest amount of courtesty and respect. I know thats hard to do while frustrated, but so few explosive poster later post an apology that one often wonders if they talk to their mother the same way.

Deathward a spell that is supposed to stop negative energy spells and effects of undead prevents a vorpal weapon from chopping off a head while your toon still takes stat damage from undead.

Bug reports. Level headed forum posts.

paralizers which stop a victim from being able to move(in any way)allow instead for the victim to still attack,further they don't even suffer the effect of being critically hit.So now they are useless as well.

So here is my(and others)soultion to the problem:
I will take my money elsewhere.

Good luck with your company though I suspect that if someone who sells wine instead is giving his customers grape jucie will not stay in buisness very long.

This is your choice always, but you came here looking to alleviate your frustration. I'm a big proponent of when you are no longer having fun and are more annoyed, then not its time to leave. Since you are still venting and not leaving, I suggest you search the forums more closely and track the threads that address the issues you would like to see fixed. Be proactive ...not reactive.

Oh it might be a nice change for the DEVs to actually have an apology to read.

And if you do leave ...I'll take your stuff. :p

Kronik
08-17-2007, 05:33 PM

This guy sure "wines" alot.

Get it...Wines alot...you know like a pun...

Never mind, im going to get some grape juice and play me some DDO!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D