PDA

View Full Version : The Product Key you entered is already in use. Error 30026. Help!

KatanaUno
08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm brand new and looking forward to starting this game. As noted in the title, I get this message when trying to log in:

The Product Key you entered is already in use. Error 30026.

I don't know how this could be since I'm just starting out and bought the game brand new.

I just got a brand new computer and I may have created the Turbine account on my old computer while I was installing this game on the new PC. Would that make a difference?

If not, what do I do?

Thank you in advance.

Symar-FangofLloth
08-12-2007, 06:18 PM
It's a new, unopened (before you got it) game? Try contacting Turbine, I have no idea. Where you made the account shouldn't matter, my computer's been completely wiped since I started playing.

captain1
08-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Once you install and activate on one computer, the code u have entered becomes used.

If you get a new pc you need only install the program on your new pc but do not create an account. Simply enter the name and password of your account that you had on your old pc and you will be allowed access.

Very little information is stored on your computer. Your character and items are all stored on turbines side of the fence. all you really have on yours is the game and graphics engine thats the only thing you need to reinstall.

Melthus
08-12-2007, 07:06 PM
IF you created the account on your old computer, try logging in with that user name and password on the new computer. It should still work. If you never created an account, and the account key comes up as used, then someone has either stolen it from the box, then replaced it (usally an employee in the back room, or in a warehouse somewhere), or someone got real lucky, and guessed it.

Also, see the following in the knowledge base:

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=1810&SearchType=advanced&referrer=&CustID=&rfield=&usertype=&formaction=search&bUseEditor=&IncludeHTML=&gpn=&gpv=&keyword=&match=and&catID1=14&catID2=229&catID3=&catID4=&sortmethod=rel+desc%2C+datemodified&submitbutton=Go

Snike
08-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Product key is used to make an account. And is tied to that account forever and ever. Not on the install. If you purchased the game from a used game store then the issue becomes the key was used to create an account already.

Tharlak
12-15-2007, 03:18 PM
I am brand new to DDO, I just installed the game last night. This is my issue as well. I received the game SEALED (I had to cut through the plastic tabs) as a gift. I installed the game, entered the code and received the error message. I have contacted customer service (but as it is the weekend have not received any response). My question to the original poster or others... What does this mean to me in the end. I started to play the game, will this end. What does this code do for me, what am I missing.

transtemporal
12-16-2007, 03:35 PM
My question to the original poster or others... What does this mean to me in the end. I started to play the game, will this end. What does this code do for me, what am I missing.

I was with you until your questions. Are you asking questions about DDO, or life?

Tharlak
12-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I am asking what effect will the "lack of a code" mean to my gaming experience?

Mad_Bombardier
12-17-2007, 09:47 AM
The Product Key is only for creating your subscription. You have an active subscription (by your Community Member status), so the Product Key means nothing to you.

Tharlak
12-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Thank you.

tihocan
12-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Now the question is, how did you manage to get an active subscription if your code was not accepted? Are you sure you didn't try to create two accounts by mistake?

Tharlak
12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
I guess that's a good question.

I did not (knowingly) try to create two accounts. While installing the discs I went to the website and created the account. When I got to the part about entering the product key code it was immediately rejected as having been used before. But I did enter credit card and other info and the account was created.

I was immediatly able to play, after a mess of updates.

tihocan
12-20-2007, 12:40 PM
I guess that's a good question.

I did not (knowingly) try to create two accounts. While installing the discs I went to the website and created the account. When I got to the part about entering the product key code it was immediately rejected as having been used before. But I did enter credit card and other info and the account was created.

I was immediatly able to play, after a mess of updates.
Hehe, that's funny. Well I guess as long as you can play :) (btw the mess of updates is because you installed from discs, if you need to reinstall I suggest you directly download the latest installer)

SteeleTrueheart
12-20-2007, 08:38 PM
The only thing the product key will get you is a 1 month free subscription that you get for purchasing the game.