Feats Taken:
Weapon Focus: Slashing
Toughness
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
Improved Critical: Slashing
Power Critical (?)
Favored Enemies: Undead, Giant, Dragon (I do GHT alot)

My goal for this build was to be able to crank out DPS and stat damage with awsome crits, while being able to wand heal and maybe bring a buff or two. I took the 2 levels of fighter for armor and tower shield availability, feats, and for fighters strength I and critical accuracy I enhancements. I will be dual wielding axes most of the time (vorpals, elemental bursts, stat damagers, greater banes). I will be taking dwarven axe enhancements to improve my + to hit and + to damage. It's looking like I'd be in the low to mid 300's for hp's after greater false life, con 6 item, etc. Will be using a collection of +1 tomes to start, and a +2 strength later.

My biggest questions are these:

Should I change my starting stats? Not Going to change strength, but dex, con and wis can all be massaged if needed.

Is the feat, Power Critical, going overboard? Should I just throw in another Toughness instead?

This is the first time I have attempted a construction like this (thanks forum wipe). I want to know if I missed the mark before I start it up and read all those tomes.

(Edit) New starting stats:
Str 18
Dex 15
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

Fennario
08-11-2007, 06:07 PM
I think that an 18 starting con is overkill just a bit. I started my dorf with a 12 con and he will have close to 300 HPs at level 14. My starting stats were this if I remember:

18 str
15 dex
12 con
10 int
12 wis
6 cha

Even if you just drop your con down to 16, that will give you 4 points to put somewhere else.. maybe a point or 3 in dex?

15 will easily get your dex up to a 22 (Delving Suit)... 24 if you have a +6 dex item, or a +5 with a +1 tome. The extra dex also helps out for the rare occasions you pull out a bow.

Looking back now, I would have went 14 con and 8 int on my own build and left everything else the same. I built him back when AC > Hit Points, and back then I thought the extra skill points would be nice.

Blazer
08-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Stats look fine to me honestly. Dropping CON to 17 to bump up DEX wouldn't kill you, however. I know the dwarven STR based ranger in my guild would mention (back when cap was 12 and destruction bows weren't everywhere yet) that DQ was harder for him to hit than it was for my ranger (32 DEX halfling). Now with better gear and 2 more levels, that's not the case but it's worth nothing should you start doing DQ around level 10-12ish. Also keep in mind that a lower DEX will keep your reflex save lower, thus making some evasion checks harder for you, though mostly on elite content. You could also put a point or two in WIS only because it's annoying to be forced to wear a WIS item to cast those 1st and 2nd level spells at the mid levels.

FE: Dragon seems a waste to me. Yeah, you may do GHT a lot, but there are still only 3 dragons there, and 4 in game total. From a sheer numbers perspective, you're wasting a FE on dragon. Evil Outsider would serve you better for stuff like Invaders, Threnal, DQ raid, etc. Now if we start seeing more and more dragons, maybe. But for now, meh.

With a 28 STR by end game, I can't see you having difficulty confirming crits, especially if you're using axes 99% of the time. Therefore, Power Critical is a waste, IMO. One toughness is plenty. You will want Improved Critical: Ranged. Yes, I realize you're going to be in melee most of the time, but even just for running DQ raids, getting 17-20 x3 on the Silver Bow against her will make a world of difference, trust me.

With as high as your to-hit will be with axes, I'm not sure that Weapon Focus will do you much good. Perhaps an Iron Will and/or Luck of Heroes to boost that Will save? I realize you can take the Dwarven spell defense enhancements, but with Dwarven CON, Toughness, FE stuff, Axe boosts, you may find yourself hurting for APs to fit in the spell defense stuff. Depending on whereabouts you find your reflex save, you may even want Lightning Reflexes, but that is questionable.

As long as you take the next 2 levels as ranger, I have no problem with you taking 2 fighter levels now. You'll miss out on Freedom of Movement until then, but if that doesn't bother you, then so be it.

Blind_Skwerl
08-11-2007, 06:48 PM
FE: Dragon seems a waste to me. Yeah, you may do GHT a lot, but there are still only 3 dragons there, and 4 in game total. From a sheer numbers perspective, you're wasting a FE on dragon. Evil Outsider would serve you better for stuff like Invaders, Threnal, DQ raid, etc. Now if we start seeing more and more dragons, maybe. But for now, meh.

Once he get to about level 10, I will only be logging him in every 3 days to do VoN runs, until he gets a KDS. After that, it's running in GH and scale runs. Might change this for evil outsider though. Can always burn one of the dragonshards on my mules. Got lots of them. ;)

Going to check the numbers for starting stats, to see if I can get more dex to start, but I really want to have atleast 300 hp by current endgame. Will be using +1 tomes of all flavors at level 1, and have +6 stat items muled away waiting.

Blind_Skwerl
08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
Massaged the starting stats a bit:
18 strength
15 dexterity
16 constitution
8 intelligence
10 wisdom
6 charisma

My dex will be 24 to 26 depending on if I loot a +2 dex tome... not to bad.

My con will be: 24 to 26 also depending on a +2 con tome being looted.

Have to crunch the numbers to see what the hp's come out to. Off to work now though.

Blind_Skwerl
08-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Just ran the numbers out. With a 16 starting con (24 after enhancements/equiptment) I can get to about 280 hp before GFL and GH favor bonus. That will work for me. Looks like I found my starting stats.

Blind_Skwerl
08-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Ok, got stats figured, I think. Now I need to figure out my bonuses to crit with this setup. Should also figure in a bloodstone. Stuck at work atm, anyone that is able to care to run the numbers for me?

KiwiJoe
08-14-2007, 06:12 AM
My ranger/rogue is a similar build. I dual weild a vorpal dwarf/hand axe quite a bit of the time. Power critical is very good for that. I have +12 to confirm (+6 bloodstone +4 power crit +2 fighter crit accuracy).

I recently had to drop power crit to change another feat (crazy feat system). And for those 3days I noticed a big jump in crits not being confirmed.

End result: If your dual wielding vorps/banishers/smiters power crit is not overkill.

sigtrent
08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Sqwerl!

I decided to do your request anyhow, and purposly didn't look to closely at yours so I could compare notes after..
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1300771#post1300771

Looks like we came out really close (especialy after you made a stat adjust)
Same classes, similar stats, but rather different feats. Check out the one I did for enhancments and some final numbers as yours would be about the same so far as I can tell. If you get the KDS then you might adjust the enhancements a tad for optimal AC unless you can eek out another point of dex.

Blind_Skwerl
08-17-2007, 10:56 PM
wow thanks bud. I actually was looking at the starting stats you came up with too. Still unsure, but will have to figure it out by the time I get home from work tonight. Rolling him out when I get home. Got dual +1 acid dwarven axes of pure good waiting for level 4 already! :D

Shrazkil
08-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Tourbillon Patek
Neutral Good Dwarf (32 points)
12 Ranger / 2 Fighter

Str 18 (+3 level ups)
Dex 12
Con 18
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

Feats Taken:
Toughness
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
Power Critical (?)

My goal for this build was to be able to crank out DPS and stat damage with awsome crits, while being able to wand heal and maybe bring a buff or two. I took the 2 levels of fighter for armor and tower shield availability, feats, and for fighters strength I and critical accuracy I enhancements. I will be dual wielding axes most of the time (vorpals, elemental bursts, stat damagers, greater banes). I will be taking dwarven axe enhancements to improve my + to hit and + to damage. It's looking like I'd be in the low to mid 300's for hp's after greater false life, con 6 item, etc. Will be using a collection of +1 tomes to start, and a +2 strength later.

Should I change my starting stats? Not Going to change strength, but dex, con and wis can all be massaged if needed.

Is the feat, Power Critical, going overboard? Should I just throw in another Toughness instead?

This is the first time I have attempted a construction like this (thanks forum wipe). I want to know if I missed the mark before I start it up and read all those tomes.

Str 18
Dex 15
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

This is similar to my favorite character currently. I Might suggest stunning blow, and perhaps even chain for improved trip.

My stats were

12 (+1 tome early for combat exp)

I cannot seem to make any Max strength character anymore without at least stunning blow..it is incredibly powerful. Plus since you have fighter levels that opens up tactics enhancements as well.

Shrazkil
08-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Massaged the starting stats a bit:
18 strength
15 dexterity
16 constitution
8 intelligence
10 wisdom
6 charisma

My dex will be 24 to 26 depending on if I loot a +2 dex tome... not to bad.

My con will be: 24 to 26 also depending on a +2 con tome being looted.

Have to crunch the numbers to see what the hp's come out to. Off to work now though.

With GFL and Faction My hp's are 359 (including toughness enhancements) , though i went 4 levels of fighter so - 9 for your build.

adamkatt
08-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I also did a 32 dwarf twf all ranger build.
i went..

At 14 with 1750 fav

28/23/24/8/18/6
336 hp
21/20/15
36 ac

Yes its a fun build :)

With +3 tomes str dex con and wis will all go up and i still need some +6 stat items.

Blind_Skwerl
08-31-2007, 06:18 AM
Currently level 7. First fighter level comming up, along with Improved Crit: Slashing. :D

Humperdink
09-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Just as a point of reference:

I'm building a 28 point dwarven 3paladin/11ranger. I'm currently at 3Pal/7Rgr. With +3 Burst Dwarven Axes in each hand and Greater Heroism from either a caster or my Planar Gird I'm at +22 Attack Bonus in each hand (I don't have the Power Attack feat). I think that's fairly respectable for a 10th level character with a 22 Strength. It has been quite strong in the quests I've run (disclaimer: I haven't taken him to the Desert or Gianthold yet). So your character should absolutely rampage.

My stats, start and end game:

Strength 16 +3 (levels) +1 tome +6 (item) = 26 (+8)
Dexterity 14 +3 (enh)+1 tome +6 (item) = 24 (+7)
Constitution 14 +2 (enh) +4 (item) = 20 (+5)
Intelligence 8
Wisdom 10 +4 (item) = 14 (+2)
Charisma 12 +1 enh +5 (item) = 18 (+4)

HP:
88 (11 lvls Ranger)
30 (3 lvls Pal)
20 (heroic)
70 (con bonus)
16 (toughness)
50 (Dwarven Toughness IV)
5 (Pal Toughness I)
10 (Draconic Vitality)
---------------------

EinarMal
09-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I would consider stunning blow/quick draw with a weighted weapon in the offhand or simply drop power critical for stunning blow.

Blind_Skwerl
09-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Made level 8 and took my first fighter level and improved critical: slashing. I am out DPS'ing THF barbarians currently (of similar level), and that's just with the 2 +1 acid dwarven axes of pure good I have been using since level 4. Switching it up to a +2 holy dwarven axe of maiming and a +2 holy handaxe of pure good now. Can't wait to see those numbers! Also can't wait to compare numbers with a THF barbarian that is using a Carnifex. Been trying to get one for fun with no luck after 5 tries... so far.

Blind_Skwerl
09-09-2007, 11:26 PM
With +3 Burst Dwarven Axes in each hand and Greater Heroism from either a caster or my Planar Gird I'm at +22 Attack Bonus in each hand (I don't have the Power Attack feat).

At level 8 with 24 strength (18 +2 levels, +4 item), a +2 dwarven axe and a +2 handaxe, I am at +17 to attack with each hand.

At level 10 I will have another +2 from levels, another +1 from better axes, another +1 from enhancements, add in haste, greater heroism should be around +24 each hand.... time to start actually using power attack. ;)

SaberMonkey
09-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Axell, my main, is a 13 Ranger/ 1 Pally. He started out with 18/15/15/10/11/6. At lvl 14 he is at 29 (+2 tome, +6 Item, +3 from lvls)/24 (+3 Enhancement, +6 item) /26 (+3 tome, +2 Enhancement, +6 item) /8/18 (+1 tome, +6 item/12 (+6 item). He currently sits at 337 HP and 355 SP and his saves are 22/22/16 unbuffed. 45 Dual wielding AC self buffed. He is a killing machine and a blast to play, very self reliant and by far my best character. There are very, very few things I'd change about him. I plan on taking 1 more lvl of Pally (if I can land a +2 Cha tome) and possibly 1 lvl of Fighter when the cap goes up. I'd love to snag a +2 Dex tome and a +3 Wis tome to round everything out but wouldn't we all!!! lol

Bromm
09-13-2007, 01:51 PM
How About Ranger 11/ Pally 3

32 point build stats

17 str
16 dex
10 con(with toughness enhancments you'll still hit 300 life)
9 int
11 wis
11 cha

with +6 items and +1 tomes (+2 Str tome at 1750)and enhancements you'll have level 14 stats of

28 str
26 dex
18 con
10 int
18 wis
18 cha(20 if you use a +2 tome and the enhancement)

3 levels of pally makes you immune to fear, opens up pally ehancements for AC/Saves/LOH.

And yes you can sprinkle Monk in when they finnaly get around to adding monks to the game.

Cheers

Blind_Skwerl
09-14-2007, 08:22 PM
Just got a level running the VoN series. Dragon ready and level 9. Tried repeatedly to get a carnifex in delara's just to see what it is like. No luck after 6 tries, but I was able to solo Thrall of the Necromancer at level 8. Gonna give the new level a run after work tonight. :)

SaberMonkey
09-15-2007, 02:21 AM
I ended up picking up a +2 Cha tome in the Reaver today so I will be taking 1 more lvl of Paladin when the level cap goes up. I still haven't decided whether or not to take a lvl of Fighter for lvl 16 or after the cap is raised again. (if I am still playing, considering lvl 18 should be coming at us sometime between 2009 and 2049) lol What server are you on Blind?

Blind_Skwerl
09-15-2007, 06:52 AM
I run on Thelanis. I still haven't even read a tome with this character. Haven't had a need to yet. Performance has been outstanding. Getting to the point now I want to start building my greater bane/big 5 collection. Anyone with spare disrupting - banishing - etc. axes, please send them to Tourbillon. Thank you for your support. ;)

Blind_Skwerl
01-29-2009, 05:10 AM
Digging up old stuff here.

I currently am dusting off old characters, including this one. Currently level 9 (8 ranger/1 fighter). I am thinking I'll continue with him, but am unsure as to where to go from here. Ranger 14/fighter 2? 12/4? Anyone?

Blind_Skwerl
01-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Never mind. Just saw the tempest 3 specs. 18/2 for sure!

Blind_Skwerl
03-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Considering re-spec'ing for piercing on this guy. I could get a deathnip (have the tomes). It just seems wrong to not be using imp. crit. slash and the axe enhancements on a dwarf melee. Any input folks?

Hobgoblin
03-12-2009, 03:04 PM
does a 19-20 crit really that much better then a 20?

Blind_Skwerl
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM

In a pure dps mode I think it would matter less, but when using banishers it would be much better.

Hobgoblin
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
In a pure dps mode I think it would matter less, but when using banishers it would be much better.

but you doont have any slashing banishers

Blind_Skwerl
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
sorry, I thought you were talking about the piercing. In the slashing dps I think it would be a moderate difference until I get my greensteels set up. I know it would make a noticeable difference with my vorpals. I'm no good at calculating out the dps numbers. For dps, would dwarven axes with imp. crit. slash and all the enhancements be better than going a piercing route? Starting to think I will get both imp. crits (pierce and slash). More wondering about best dps weapons for this guy now...

Hobgoblin
03-12-2009, 04:42 PM
sorry, I thought you were talking about the piercing. In the slashing dps I think it would be a moderate difference until I get my greensteels set up. I know it would make a noticeable difference with my vorpals. I'm no good at calculating out the dps numbers. For dps, would dwarven axes with imp. crit. slash and all the enhancements be better than going a piercing route? Starting to think I will get both imp. crits (pierce and slash). More wondering about best dps weapons for this guy now...

wasnt saying to not take dwarf enhancments, just dont think the improved crit is worth it. might be worth on rapiers/ss

/shrug up to you

...v...
03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Tourbillon Patek
Neutral Good Dwarf (32 points)
12 Ranger / 2 Fighter

Str 18 (+3 level ups)
Dex 12
Con 18
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

Feats Taken:
Toughness
Power Attack
Cleave
Great Cleave
Power Critical (?)

Str 18
Dex 15
Con 16
Int 8
Wis 10
Cha 6

Take the 2 points from wisdom and put it in dex. +2 wisdom tome and a +6 item will work nice such as loriks.

Blind_Skwerl
03-17-2009, 02:15 AM
wouldn't mind trying that, but he's capped now :^). Hit's like a brick house with holy of pure good axes. cant wait to get my shroud weapons done!

Inspire
03-17-2009, 02:26 AM

With Improved Critical its 17-20 vs 19-20, on a x4 multiplier...

Blind_Skwerl
04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Will post current feats, etc. and plans for mod 9 soon.