PDA

View Full Version : The pit

Melthus
08-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Last night, my regular playgroup (3 of us) did the pit for the very first time.

I have to say, that was probably one of the most fun (and longest) quests I've done to date. The combination of fighting, puzzles and traps made for an interesting time. Thank goodness two of us had feather falling boots, because things might have been ugly otherwise.

Kudos to whoever designed the pit. It was a lot of fun, especially for a group of three.

Symar-FangofLloth
08-11-2007, 09:47 AM
If you have the patience to figure it out, or have an idea what your doing, its a very fun quest. Otherwise, it's the most grueling quest in the game. I'm in the first category :D.

Mad_Bombardier
08-11-2007, 09:54 AM
I love The Pit, I love The Crucible, I love the Vault of Night, and I love the Twillight Forge. I guess that makes me a puzzle guy. :) Except, I really like to zerg them when I get to know the quest, too.

The only thing that bugged me about the Pit was the up and down nature of it. Ok, we just finished at the bottom, lets go all the way to the top for the next room... You can tell the Dev just got tired of it about 3/4 through when you get 3 rooms in a row, along the same ramp. :D

gorloch
08-11-2007, 10:31 AM
First time I did The Pit was when it first came out with a bunch of guildies. It took forever to complete but that was the quest I remember the most. None of us had done it before so all of us were first timers in there. We completed it and had a blast doing it. That was one of those times that the true nature of D & D came out in this game.

PIXA