PDA

View Full Version : What if i get a class feat i've already chosen?

mbalas
08-11-2007, 09:00 AM
How should I go about handling a situation where I have started a character as a fighter and chose two weapon fighting and improved TWF as feats? Now i'm lvl a 7 ftr and 1 ranger facing lvl 2 ranger granted feat of TWF. I do have a feat exchange available to me. Should I swap out TWF before I take the 2nd level of ranger...how would that affect my feats that have TWF as a prereq. Or will I be able to swap out the TWF feat that I chose while retaining the one that is granted after I level up?

Mad_Bombardier
08-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Unfortunately, you are in quite a bind and need to swap out 2 feats. You could swap out both of the Fighter feats, TWF and ITWF, before levelling up. If you wait until later, you may have trouble changing the feat. You do not need to worry about prerequisites because Ranger TWF is a class ability and has no pre-reqs.

Choose two new feats with those Fighter feats and choose ITWF with your level 9 character level up feat (you can rechoose ITWF from the feat page using Ranger TWF as prerequisite). All in all, you end up with 2 lower level feats and use your level 9 feat.

Feel free to ask if you need further help/clarification.