PDA

View Full Version : Hello All of DDO

Arsadon
08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Hello all, I just bought the game after playing a 10 day free trial a while back, and I love it so far, it's jsut I have no real life friends that play so it is kind of boring soloing quests with noone to talk to, so I am asking in this thread if there is anyone who needs a leveling buddy, or anyone that is interested in starting a new character with me to get me started, I'd be willing ot make any kind of character or any server, currently I am playing a paladin. Thanks
Contact at:
AIM: Str8Gankster

or reply here would be fine too =)

Beergut
08-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi and welcome to DDO.

I was in a very similar situation when I started playing. You're doing the right thing by checking the boards here for information and also posting to get questions answered.

I my opinion, I really enjoy playing on Argo. You'll read alot of different thing here, and people are entitled totheir opinions, but I always found it pretty easy to group on Argo and since the merger it has been easier still. I have found most people to be very welcoming. Don't be afraid to let them know when you are joining a group that you are new -maybe even put it in your bio. Most people will be helpful. If you do have a few bad experiences, which it's inevitable you will, just put them behind you and move on.

I'm currently trying to level Beerkeg right now but I do play a lvl 4 Wizard and you would be welcome to join me anytime in game. I'm not a super pro type yet but I would be happy to help out with the simpler stuff. It would work well for me too because I've not played a caster and we could learn - and probably die a few times - together.

Also - once you find your way around a bit and are getting comfortable with the basics you may want to look into joining a guild. I wouldn't recommend simply responding to blind guild invites you're bound to get while running around the Harbor. I would recommend taking note of some of the guilded players you will be questing with and how they interact with you. If their playstyle and disposition matches yours you can request an invite.

Hope that helps and have a great time adventuring.

Dariuss
08-10-2007, 10:58 AM
It can be tough to get into the 'grouping rythm' at first.

I have a couple general suggestions:

Post in your server's forum - say hi, say you are new, elarning - those posts usually get a good response of peopel willing to help you out

Once you feel comfortable wit hthe controls and stuff - join a group! But you have to be honest with them that you are new, otherwise they will liekly assume you are some experienced player's alt - and the quest won't be as much fun for you, or as good a learning tool.

Most people, I've found will be quite happy to help out - give advice - go slow - make it fun for new players - maybe even help out with items or whatever

Some people may just want to zerg through a quest - if you end up in a party liek that just finish off the quest and leave the group to find a funenr one (tell them you aren't into zerging, don't just blindly drop)

If you are on Argo (or end up there) I have a lvl 3 and lvl 4 that would be happy to group with you

Arsadon
08-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Alright, thanks man, it just so happens that, that is the server I started on XD I added you to my friend list, the Beerkeg guy, my name is Sionix in game.

turkeymoon
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Grouping is what it's all about in higher levels. I must say that going solo is by far the best way to become familiar with the game itself. You'll learn how to be self sufficient which helps any group. Pour through the threads and you'll also see a ton of people complaining about support characters or characters that have the ability to provide support. The more players that take the self sufficient approach to a quest the happier the group is and the smoother the quest will go. So I would continue to go solo for a bit until your accustomed to being self sufficient.

BurnerD
08-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Alright, thanks man, it just so happens that, that is the server I started on XD I added you to my friend list, the Beerkeg guy, my name is Sionix in game.

Feel free to add Xorrek, Tazzerin, and Tanndris to your friends list. All 3 are currently level 4 and below.

Arsadon
08-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Ok, thanks a lot, I added all the names that were given to me to my friends list =)

Missing_Minds
08-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the game. As was stated, you will have bad pugs at some point, but I believe there are more friendly players than bad ones.

And as you are new to the game, you may want to read through my sig guide about healing. It will let you know what mechanics and such we've been able to figure out that are different here from pen and paper playing.

iamsamoth0
08-13-2007, 09:09 AM
I will hopefully be 're-starting' soon if I get my 32pt builds.
Maybe I can build something complimentary to you're main.

Welcome to DDO.

Dwolf
08-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Since I deleted a couple of characters on argo and used the merge to bring in several "test builds" from mabar from which to select replacements - i have 4 first/second level characters lying around available to group with.

You can add Dsorrynellen, Dtahnko, Finnegan, and Dlupus - if i'm logged on as one of those i'd be more than happy to help out. There are a lot of players in this game that love nothing better than helping new players get started. It's always fun seeing old quests through new eyes.