PDA

View Full Version : str based two handed fighting 1barb/13rogue

Reisei
08-10-2007, 10:29 AM
what do you think

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.70
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

das
Level 14 Chaotic Good Human Male
(1 Barbarian \ 13 Rogue)
Hit Points: 145
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 10\10\15\20
Fortitude: 7
Reflex: 10
Will: 3

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 14)
Strength 18 22
Dexterity 12 14
Constitution 12 12
Intelligence 10 10
Wisdom 8 8
Charisma 14 14

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 14)
Balance 5 6
Bluff 6 8
Concentration 1 1
Diplomacy 2 2
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 2
Heal -1 -1
Hide 1 6
Intimidate 2 2
Jump 4 6
Listen -1 -1
Move Silently 1 6
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 0
Search 0 0
Spot -1 -1
Swim 4 6
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Use Magic Device
Feat: (Human Bonus) Stunning Blow

Level 2 (Barbarian)

Level 3 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 4 (Rogue)

Level 5 (Rogue)

Level 6 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 7 (Rogue)

Level 8 (Rogue)

Level 9 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 10 (Rogue)

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Rogue)

Level 14 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Rogue Damage Boost I
Enhancement: Rogue Damage Boost II
Enhancement: Rogue Damage Boost III
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Strength I
Enhancement: Human Improved Recovery I
Enhancement: Rogue Subtle Backstabber I
Enhancement: Rogue Subtle Backstabber II
Enhancement: Rogue Subtle Backstabber III
Enhancement: Rogue Subtle Backstabber IV
Enhancement: Rogue Faster Sneaking I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy II
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Accuracy III
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training II
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training III
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training IV
Enhancement: Way of the Assassin I
Enhancement: Rogue Hide I
Enhancement: Rogue Hide II
Enhancement: Rogue Move Silently I
Enhancement: Rogue Move Silently II
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
Enhancement: Barbarian Toughness I

Reisei
08-10-2007, 10:32 AM
maybe take out rogue sneak attack accuracy 3
+1 to hit for 6 action points not worth it im thinkin

Reisei
08-10-2007, 10:35 AM
instead of sneak attack acc i could get human improve recovery 2 and faster sneaking 2

Reisei
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
i should have probably explained the build a bit more. its supposed to deal a bunch of damage and stuff i guess low ac okay attack roll diplomacy to get the aggro off of me 40% less hate is also helps i like using greataxes cause of stunning blow also if you couldnt tell by now i dnot do traps or anything and i forgot to put the skills in high umd, diplomacy and bluff also although i think diplo is better than bluff in every way just experimenting, move silently and hide of course tumble for the hell of it cause tumbling is fun might as well put stuff into haggle only put a few points into jump with the jump spell its +30 and 40 is the max so theres no point dump the rest into heal

Rentz
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
well, i don't want to tell you how to play or what to do...

but if you want to go 13 levels into rogue you should seriously consider having the ability to find and disarm traps and open doors.

on the other hand, if all you want to do is sick damage and 2hand a greataxe, i'd recommend barbarian. you'll have full bab, way more HP, some damage reduction, and then focus your feats on power attack, THF, and Imp Crit slashing.

If you're determined to do this build, i'd seriously think about UMD'ing stoneskin scrolls (31 umd would never fail the roll) for some DR.

Roguewiz
08-10-2007, 11:45 AM
1st: Please, for all that is sneaky, use punctuation :)

2nd: Since you aren't going to be the "trapsmith" type Rogue, why not dump INT? You'd still get 7 skill points per level, which isn't too shabby. That will still allow you to max the skills you want, or come close to it. Also, you can get a decent UMD with just a 10-12 Charisma. Right now, the biggest downfall of this build would be the low CON. I'd drop INT and CHA a few points, and put them into CON.

3rd: Forget about bluff, and take diplomacy. As you stated, Diplomacy is better than bluff.

4th: Don't forget about balance. It is extremely important, IMO, for any charcter.

The skills you should focus on, since you don't want to do traps, are the following:

Primary (should be maxed)
UMD
Diplomacy
Jump
Balance

Secondary (max if possible)
Hide
Move Silently
Haggle
Tumble

Personally, I'd never make a Rogue that can't disable or open locks. I don't see the point. This is the 1st game where Rogues have more to do than "stand behind the mob and backstab". As Rentz stated, if all you want is DPS, make a Barbarian.

However, if you should decide to stick with Rogue, I'd recommend taking a gander at my "Second Rate" character (Warforged Rogue-adin), in my signature. That build should provide you with the DPS you want, and still allow you to keep the disarming ability of the Rogue. (If you want to do both)

Reisei
08-10-2007, 01:34 PM
+5 greataxe
normal damage
1d12+15+10+5+7d6+8
minimum-31+15=46
maximum-42+50=92

46-92

critical hits

minimum-93+15=108
maximum-126+50=176

108-176

ArkoHighStar
08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
+5 greataxe
normal damage
1d12+15+10+5+7d6+8
minimum-31+15=46
maximum-42+50=92

46-92

critical hits

minimum-93+15=108
maximum-126+50=176

108-176

remember the 7d6 only applies to sneak attack dmg so a great axe is not necessarily your best sneak attack weapon as you wil have to circle the outside of the mob hitting only one target, gett oo close and glancing blows will turn mobs on you that aren't already getting a beat down from a fighter, with a low AC and HP diplomacy must be very high and if you are on your timer could be deadly. If you are going str based a khopesh might work better and allow you to use a shield while avoiding all the glancing blows of a 2 handed weapon. Also if you gain aggro that 40% less hate goes away as well. A heavy fort item will be a necessity as you will be easily one shotted at high levels without it. Also a dwarf or warforged might be better suited to this build

Reisei
08-10-2007, 08:23 PM
actually according to the enhancement description the %40 less hate affects all melee attacks