PDA

View Full Version : Circle of Might

Arioch-lhazaar
08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
The Circle of Might is looking for a couple more elitest powergamers. Must be an active player with multiple chars decked out. Must be active, intelligent, and be able to play as well as they talk! We are not family friendly and will not refrain from adult content.

COM was created at the release of DDO and quickly known as powergamers and loot*****s. Whether it be thousands of pre-nerf south runs, fastest levelers, first to obtain 32 pt builds or whatever DDO throws at you. You can be assured COM will lead the way.

If you think you are COM material, contact any COMmie.

Nataichal
08-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I might have been interested.... if it didn't seem like you're advertising a certain less than appealing attitude. I was in an elitist guild before, and I really wasn't a fan of how the establishment treated less than perfect players or anyone they didn't consider to meet their level of 'uberness'. From the way your post reads, I'm concerned this could also exist in CoM. Thoughts?

Lillitheris
08-11-2007, 03:49 AM
With Aeschyl gone, I can now see that most of the former Lucky Knights are not that bad after all.
I'm actually starting to like most of you guys and gals :o

And Arioch, you did come across arrogant, whether you meant to or not. We already have Salty-demigods, that's more arrogance than a single server can handle :p

RodneyT
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Lol. I see your sparkling personality has already started winning you fans with our new servermates.:rolleyes:

The_Cataclysm
08-12-2007, 11:26 PM
With Aeschyl gone, I can now see that most of the former Lucky Knights are not that bad after all.
I'm actually starting to like most of you guys and gals :o

And Arioch, you did come across arrogant, whether you meant to or not. We already have Salty-demigods, that's more arrogance than a single server can handle :p

I thought he came back. I know he was around shortly before the server merge in TIP. Did he leave again?

Lillitheris
08-13-2007, 05:29 AM
I thought he came back. I know he was around shortly before the server merge in TIP. Did he leave again?

No idea, I thought he left Fernia for good.

Lormyr
08-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Hey, I'm neither cocky nor full of myself and I've made it as a COMmie since release. Maybe that's why everyone boo's and hisses at me when I log in!

If you're a wise arse who doesn't mind breaking balls and getting his broken from time to time (all good natured ofcourse), prefer to zerg straight to the loot, want to be able to count on the skill/generosity of your guildmates, and either are yourself or don't mind the fact that most are indeed elitist jackass's, then COM might be the home you are looking for.

Nataichal
08-13-2007, 08:06 AM
Aeschyl was reinvited by someone who wanted to help him cause drama. He's since been removed. But it sounds like COM might be a good home for him.

Arioch-lhazaar
08-13-2007, 09:42 AM
I might have been interested.... if it didn't seem like you're advertising a certain less than appealing attitude. I was in an elitist guild before, and I really wasn't a fan of how the establishment treated less than perfect players or anyone they didn't consider to meet their level of 'uberness'. From the way your post reads, I'm concerned this could also exist in CoM. Thoughts?

Aeschyl was reinvited by someone who wanted to help him cause drama. He's since been removed. But it sounds like COM might be a good home for him.

Take it how you will. Didnt know wanting elite powergamers meant I was looking for mean belittling people. But hey you take it how you want. Just because the established people on your server did things a certain way doesn't mean they all do. We at COM have friends in many guilds and do invite them to group with us on a regular basis. I would suggest getting some more info about a guild before you talk smack without knowledge based purely on information of a what you believe to be a similar guild on a totally different server.

Furgulder
08-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I read no smack talking at all in that post, so Im not sure what you are talking about Zorak. Seems like he/she was considering checking you guys out, but wasnt interested if the guild belittled less than leet players, and was asking your opinion on if the guild is run that way.

Lillitheris
08-13-2007, 10:09 AM

Gotcha! :D

Arioch-lhazaar
08-13-2007, 12:38 PM
I read no smack talking at all in that post, so Im not sure what you are talking about Zorak. Seems like he/she was considering checking you guys out, but wasnt interested if the guild belittled less than leet players, and was asking your opinion on if the guild is run that way.

Furgulder:

Excuse me if I read it wrong but it sounds as if Aeschyl, who I dont know anything about was referred to in a negative manner and then said would appear to be a nice fit into COM by nataichal. Thats the reason for my previous post.

Nataichal:

I and other COMmies grouped with Tysson a cleric and Crosswired a wiz from your Iron Phalanx guild yesterday actually, so hows about you check opinions of COMmies from your own guildmates b4 passing judgement on who would make good home in my guild.

Demitris
08-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Lol. I see your sparkling personality has already started winning you fans with our new servermates.:rolleyes:

Ya know, I was thinking the exact same thing... Shame too, COM has always been a box of giggles and laughs... especially when they screw up royally after spoutting supposed superiority.

Maybe the fact that COM is suddenly a small fish in a big sea will clue them in somewhat, what do you think rob? :)

Arioch-lhazaar
08-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Ya know, I was thinking the exact same thing... Shame too, COM has always been a box of giggles and laughs... especially when they screw up royally after spoutting supposed superiority.

Maybe the fact that COM is suddenly a small fish in a big sea will clue them in somewhat, what do you think rob? :)

Hmm we screw up royally? wow thats a new one. I've never even heard of you but glad you like to speak like you have a clue about what COM does.

Lormyr
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM

I would think most everybody has bad days - I know we sure as hell do :). You run a raid or quest countless times without so much as a hitch, then you go to do it for the 37th time and you just seem to fumble the run like a first timer. It happens. As far screwing up royally, not sure we've done that yet ;).

Funny you mention that suddenly a small fish thing too. Since about last November when most of us moved on to try Vanguard (myself included), we've been running with a guild of about 8 since not many came back to DDO. Can't say I blame em either - the game can be alot of fun, but it's also terribly static. So we've actually been used to being small for a while now :). Not that it matters when you can 2 or 3 man everything in the game.

Everyone has their day in the sun. We had ours for the first 7 months of the game. That's probably longer than we deserved :). Either way, things change. We played our part, and now others run with the ball. I'm happy with how everything played out, with the exception of missing our brothers who now make their home elsewhere. However others wish to feel is up to them.

Demitris
08-14-2007, 03:19 AM
I would think most everybody has bad days - I know we sure as hell do :). You run a raid or quest countless times without so much as a hitch, then you go to do it for the 37th time and you just seem to fumble the run like a first timer. It happens. As far screwing up royally, not sure we've done that yet ;).

Funny you mention that suddenly a small fish thing too. Since about last November when most of us moved on to try Vanguard (myself included), we've been running with a guild of about 8 since not many came back to DDO. Can't say I blame em either - the game can be alot of fun, but it's also terribly static. So we've actually been used to being small for a while now :). Not that it matters when you can 2 or 3 man everything in the game.

Everyone has their day in the sun. We had ours for the first 7 months of the game. That's probably longer than we deserved :). Either way, things change. We played our part, and now others run with the ball. I'm happy with how everything played out, with the exception of missing our brothers who now make their home elsewhere. However others wish to feel is up to them.

everyone on the old serve suffered the vanguard exodus, but unlike many, you guys just never came back, rather curiously. As to 7 months... more like 4, by then many groups had caught up to you guys but really couldn't be bothered advertising it.

Thing is, really my comments on 'a box of giggles and laughs' was an internal joke really, because I hate to say it but the attitudes of your guilds members has really reeked for a very long time with no basis to the superiority complexes.

But thats just my 2 cents on having seen the rise and fall of many a guild on the old serves. Personally I hope the merger will be seen as a new start for many guilds from the old and and end to the things which saw so much division.

Bobbyd
08-14-2007, 10:01 AM
I've been a member of Circle of Might for some time.

Everyone has comments and lets talk about the now rather than what was or used to be.

This is still a great guild thats capable of carring out any quest/raid thats avaliable today. They have some of the most distinguished players that have been here since, lets just say a long time.

You will make no mistake by joining this guild.

Vinos
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
Boooo Guild drama on the forums. While an entertaining read(much like gossip mags) it has no place here. EVERY guild has a few idiots and/or drama queens.

Lormyr
08-15-2007, 01:01 PM
everyone on the old serve suffered the vanguard exodus, but unlike many, you guys just never came back, rather curiously. As to 7 months... more like 4, by then many groups had caught up to you guys but really couldn't be bothered advertising it.

Thing is, really my comments on 'a box of giggles and laughs' was an internal joke really, because I hate to say it but the attitudes of your guilds members has really reeked for a very long time with no basis to the superiority complexes.

But thats just my 2 cents on having seen the rise and fall of many a guild on the old serves. Personally I hope the merger will be seen as a new start for many guilds from the old and and end to the things which saw so much division.

I think alot of has just didn't feel the need to come back because they either accomplished all they cared too here or knew they could have more fun elsewhere. I'm not one to do alot of game hopping, and I always did enjoy the looting, so I came back. As far as the other topic, to be perfectly frank, plenty of other guilds had players just as good as our best. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone - plenty of guilds have plenty of skilled players. The thing that really set us ahead was all the vorpal weapons we had when no one else had a single one, and the volume of talented players we had for so long. So I suppose one could argue it was a simple matter of luck that allowed us to do so well as we did. I wouldn't say they were wrong, only that there is more too it then that as well. When you have two fighters running through a quest with vorpal scimitars, as they were before the change, it's very hard for a group to notice how well anyone else might be doing.

As for the box of giggles, well yeah :). You all ought to know by now how much Arioch likes pushing your buttons. No one ever disappoints him lol.

And Vinos my brother, this isn't drama - atleast not in my opinion. This is just a discussion. If you ask Arioch nicely, he might show you how the drama goes :)

Furgulder
08-15-2007, 02:59 PM
I love Drama.

Specially when the Drama is nice and lean and the lettuce is crispy...

philo
08-17-2007, 04:51 AM
The thing that really set us ahead was all the vorpal weapons we had ... When you have two fighters running through a quest with vorpal scimitars, as they were before the change, it's very hard for a group to notice how well anyone else might be doing.
:)

This is the first time ive heard of your guild, but im just not making the connection with how having vorpals in...im assuming mod 1, sets you apart. Many people ran old south many hundreds of times and had vorpals.

Yes they were nice when they used to crit below their listed crit range...snick on a 13 etc, and they did make a large difference back then. While not as many people had them as now obviously, on fernia at least, it wasnt just one guild of people who had vorpals lmao.

I can think of 8 people i knew who had vorpals in mod 1, from various guilds...and i know there were many more, i dont claim to know of them all:P (and i probably forgot about a couple by now actually).

Different worlds i guess

Edit: on a side note, i know who Aeschyl is hes famous! :D

Lormyr
08-17-2007, 06:11 AM
This is the first time ive heard of your guild, but im just not making the connection with how having vorpals in...im assuming mod 1, sets you apart. Many people ran old south many hundreds of times and had vorpals.

Yes they were nice when they used to crit below their listed crit range...snick on a 13 etc, and they did make a large difference back then. While not as many people had them as now obviously, on fernia at least, it wasnt just one guild of people who had vorpals lmao.

I can think of 8 people i knew who had vorpals in mod 1, from various guilds...and i know there were many more, i dont claim to know of them all:P (and i probably forgot about a couple by now actually).

Different worlds i guess

Edit: on a side note, i know who Aeschyl is hes famous! :D

I can't imagine anyone from another server would know of us or care to be perfectly blunt :)

Aye, don't take me the wrong way - not implying it made us better or anything like that at all. Perhaps very lucky, but that would be it. But on Lhazaar where we were from, precious few people looted any from south before the loot change. The simple reality of the matter at that time was that having a vorpal and not having one set you worlds apart however.

It's entirely possible that one or two existed under the radar in someone's hands somewhere on the server. Almost had to have been when you think about it. But we never heard of any others, as we had a few we wanted to trade out and swap and it simply wasn't possible for us to find anyone with one to trade.

Iafte
08-17-2007, 09:12 AM
The Circle of Might is looking for a couple more elitest powergamers. Must be an active player with multiple chars decked out. Must be active, intelligent, and be able to play as well as they talk! We are not family friendly and will not refrain from adult content.

COM was created at the release of DDO and quickly known as powergamers and loot*****s. Whether it be thousands of pre-nerf south runs, fastest levelers, first to obtain 32 pt builds or whatever DDO throws at you. You can be assured COM will lead the way.

If you think you are COM material, contact any COMmie.

I would join you but I have to much fun making fun of Pik and Strumpoo.

Tehran_Adinson
08-20-2007, 06:33 PM
we've actually been used to being small for a while now

Don't let genes play any role in online games. We all know it is all about the EPEEN and not the ...well... the realpeen. hehehehehe

Might explain why you guys are powergamers tho...women say size doesn't matter but we all know they are just saying that to not sound bad. :D

What's nice about CoM is that they will read this and laugh. Most people would turn around and get all PO'd and post something rude back at me. They of course know that I'm kidding and that since I have to put up with Pik on a fairly regular basis that I've been punished for all eternity.

Oh geez....that almost sounded like a compliment towards CoM. Ignore everything I said please.

hannika
08-20-2007, 08:02 PM
heh. size matters to a degree. any woman who tells you otherwise is lying to you.

Cowdenicus
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
I love Drama.

Specially when the Drama is nice and lean and the lettuce is crispy...

Fur, it is my job to create drama, but thank you in my absence.

Vanash > ALL

there ya go.

Lillitheris
08-21-2007, 05:04 AM
heh. size matters to a degree. any woman who tells you otherwise is lying to you.

Fur, it is my job to create drama, but thank you in my absence.

Vanash > ALL

there ya go.

Oooh, a match made in heaven!

hannika
08-21-2007, 10:39 AM
this post would be at the top of the forum anyway, this server forum isn't that active :/

so vanash.... :P

Furgulder
08-21-2007, 03:01 PM

hey just because Im stuffing a baseball bat into a trash can, doesnt make the bat small :D

hannika
08-21-2007, 05:33 PM
hey just because Im stuffing a baseball bat into a trash can, doesnt make the bat small :D

hahahaha can also be true

~Pik
08-22-2007, 02:48 AM
well well well.... lets just say that screw CoM! They all just want "phatz", and don't care about the real aspect of "hugz". These guys wouldn't have long walks on the beach with me! just an FYI!

Tehran_Adinson
08-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Pik not even you DOG wanted to take long walks on the beach with you. Here's a hint....he learned how to speak sheep and they talk.

Arioch-lhazaar
08-23-2007, 06:53 PM
well well well.... lets just say that screw CoM! They all just want "phatz", and don't care about the real aspect of "hugz". These guys wouldn't have long walks on the beach with me! just an FYI!

Haha go have a nice long romantic walk on the beach with yer sheep pik!

reziel_deadshot
08-24-2007, 08:52 PM
you know im quite found of lamb chops!!! i gladly take a romantic walk on the beach with me and a lamb chop in hand :D

BrrandieRhoads
09-15-2007, 03:54 PM
but com does have "some" of the best pvpers in the game. but that doesnt take away from the fact that in order to realize a guild is good u actually have to join up and play with the guildies. and just because some one from the guild comes off as an ass hole it doesnt mean the rest of the guild is. take for example my guild damaged inc. there is alot of hate for our guild and i alwas get tells asking if im an ass hole just like the last damged inc guy. i have pvped zorak and smooth and other commies and they are great guys.

Gratch
09-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Haha go have a nice long romantic walk on the beach with yer sheep pik!

If only he would walk with his *own* sheep. Did someone get the bell around Pik's neck so we know when he's in the guild's field "borrowing" the sheep?

reziel_deadshot
09-17-2007, 09:45 PM
If only he would walk with his *own* sheep. Did someone get the bell around Pik's neck so we know when he's in the guild's field "borrowing" the sheep?

now now stop making fun of pik just because he's fond of others sheep rather then his own:D

leowen
10-02-2007, 07:06 PM
eh god guys, just readin this stuff...I'm re-subbin.

*CoM* We may not like you, we may even hate you. Just like my ex, though, heck, we'll still take you about the town and show you a smashing time, before we have relations with your sister

*Disclaimer: We may or may not show you a good time beforehand. But the releations...still happining.