PDA

View Full Version : Is Divine Cleansing a good Enhancement

cridus
08-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I currently have divine cleansing, and at lvl 5 I have a way to cure some poison, how viable is this enhancement late game, I see that it removes all types of status effects and can make having those spells memorized redundant. Is it wise to get max divine cleansing or should I just memorize those spells/carry wands for it?

PurdueDave
08-09-2007, 12:00 AM
A lot of it gets trumped by wands but if you're using it, go ahead and stick with it for a while. You can always respec enhancements if you find yourself preferring the wands.

DemonMage
08-09-2007, 04:17 AM
Yeah, there's really not much it gets rid of that you can't just wand away. Or use Break Enchantment on. Rarely need Break though, and it can dispel AE spells as well, so can be worth memming. Not an enhancement I'd recommend, but it's not horrible, just not very useful a lot of the time.

Crowwe
08-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Divine cleansing is great up until you get neut poison, it isn't worth carrying in the end game.

For example, its nice when you're doing STK and you can remove the poison from the tanks, but its a waste of an enhancement if you're doing threnal or gianthold.

Zenako
08-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Got to agree here. I have all four and DC is about the only one of the 4 that I do NOT use routinely. I use DH a fair amount. Still DV on occasion and find the 14d6 bursts of DL versus undead quite handy at times, especially when running solo or small group. I cannot recall the last time I used DC with my cleric (14th level) since most characters I run with are effectively immune to most of the effects it would cleanse and I pack a rack wands for most of them anyway.

Sojourner
08-09-2007, 11:39 PM
The one other thing it can occasionally be nice for is the +4 for fort saves.

Had a cleric using that on us in Von3 right before the beholders to try and help our saves against them since the beholder anti-magic doesn't strip off the DC buff.

Zenako
08-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Good idea for the Fort Saves...

Although it has been a while with the groups I run with since the last time somedied facing a beholder with the mages and even I killing them. FoD, PK, Destruct..etc. Beholders die.