PDA

View Full Version : Ive got a hunch about mod 5

Vienemen
08-08-2007, 05:22 PM
I dont think we will see any new spells...anyone want to place bets?

For some reason I think they didnt want to deal with the "hassle" this time.

Blind_Skwerl
08-09-2007, 03:36 PM
My hunches for mod 5:

1. alot more mobs with deathward
2. mobs having a little bit lower AC and a lot more hp's
3. new spells (if any) will be focused around buffing or de-buffing
4. easier spots/searches, harder for parties to ingnore traps
5. Some sort of uber dps ranged weapon (elemental burst with an expanded crit range and/or multipier maybe)

Vinos
08-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I dont think we will see any new spells...anyone want to place bets?

For some reason I think they didnt want to deal with the "hassle" this time.

Given that MOD 5 is already on Risia and there are no new spells there I am going to say no new spells in MOD 5.

Vhailor
09-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Given that MOD 5 is already on Risia and there are no new spells there I am going to say no new spells in MOD 5.

yep but metamagic has changed
Eschew materials 2sp
Empower healing 10 sp
Empower 15sp
Maxamise 25 sp

still considering how slow spells are they do a relativly low dpround by themself and cost a good bit of mana even with these changes. But with the right enhancements in the right places you can probably do very well in one element with a 16 sp maximise (fully enhanced) and a 9 point empower (+25 sp for 250% damage) added to one +40% elemental type and a nice item you could generat a fireball for 340% normal damage costing 55 sp.

Rameses
09-05-2007, 09:40 AM
I am guessing we wont see Mod 5 at all. :(

Vienemen
09-06-2007, 06:09 PM
lol, it is becoming the never arriving module isnt it. Not to mention the fact that it just sems small to me. To be honest, any release without level cap increase/new classes or races/prestige classes/spells would seem small to me.

But I did just see one of the devs say an update is planned for monday...at least we can put this one past us and work towards some real modules now.

(In case you ask, yes, been on risia alot...almost made it to pre-raid, but the last piece wasnt dropping before now)

I would like to be optimistic, but repeat let-downs have jaded me. Cheers.