PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Premium Services!

Yeti
08-07-2007, 03:01 PM
We’re pleased to announce that we’ll start accepting requests for World Character Transfers as a new Premium Service on Wednesday, August 8th! If you’d like to be the first in line to transfer your character to a different world than you're on now, click here HERE (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=138&ao=t) to find out more.

We’ll begin transferring characters between worlds on August 20th. You can continue playing your character right up until we begin transferring the characters, and any progress and items you collect between now and then will still go with you.

Don’t forget you can also have your character or guild renamed for a new lower price, starting at $9.95! Renaming services are available starting today.

Dworkin_of_Amber
08-07-2007, 03:05 PM
One Question, Yeti... If I have never played over on, say, Khyber... and I transfer a character over there with 400+ or 1750+ favor, will that also unlock Drow or 32-point builds respectively on that server?

pastor_dex
08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
You would think a guild would just have the leader create the new name on a toon, than invite everyone into the newly named guild, saving the ten bucks.
Once you got the officers invited the rest would go quickly. I have seen it done before, it is not a big deal.

pastor_dex
08-07-2007, 03:07 PM
One Question, Yeti... If I have never played over on, say, Khyber... and I transfer a character over there with 400+ or 1750+ favor, will that also unlock Drow or 32-point builds respectively on that server?

They say the favor unlock is server based, not toon based, although I don't see how you wouldn't instantly unlock drow when you got any xp on the new server :confused:

Good question.

Dark_Helmet
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
We’re pleased to announce that we’ll start accepting requests for World Character Transfers as a new Premium Service on Wednesday, August 8th!

Can we pay to move someone off of our server :D

Does all of your mail (sent and recieved) get moved also (how will unread E-Mail be treated)?

And, I am interested on how the Drow unlock would be treated also.

Montrose
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
You would think a guild would just have the leader create the new name on a toon, than invite everyone into the newly named guild, saving the ten bucks.
Once you got the officers invited the rest would go quickly. I have seen it done before, it is not a big deal.

That seems like a lot of effort to go through to avoid paying $10. Maybe I'm just lazy, but if I knew my guild was going to change its name and use the "move everyone" plan, I'd just donate $10 to make my own life easier.

YMMV.

arminius
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM
The mail question is answered in the FAQ (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=166).

I didn't see a mention of Favor unlocking rewards though. That seems to be a major detail to overlook.

Also, I don't know why people would want to move now. The reason for moving before was lack of people. For now, anyway, that isn't an issue (knocks wood).

_

Punishment
08-07-2007, 03:18 PM
I assume you would need free slot to do so?

MysticTheurge
08-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Can I get a world transfer back to Xoriat?

;) :p

Punishment
08-07-2007, 03:21 PM

Well your favor should travel with you. It's the characters not the servers, but what do I know. ;)

Montrose
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM

I hate you!

:)

Cupcake
08-07-2007, 03:26 PM
If i move a character from one server to another and my destination server has over 8 slots used up, can the transfer still take place?

Olaff
08-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Also, I don't know why people would want to move now. The reason for moving before was lack of people. For now, anyway, that isn't an issue (knocks wood).

It's not about quantity, it's about quality. ;)

Ziggy
08-07-2007, 03:39 PM

I hate you!

:)
I second both of these:D

binnsr
08-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Well your favor should travel with you. It's the characters not the servers, but what do I know. ;)

If nothing else, you should just have to talk to Nix to 're-unlock' the favor, since, as stated, your character has the favor..

MysticTheurge
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
If nothing else, you should just have to talk to Nix to 're-unlock' the favor, since, as stated, your character has the favor..

I wonder if he'll give you another tome.... :eek:

MRicebong
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Can we pay to move someone off of our server :D

Does all of your mail (sent and recieved) get moved also (how will unread E-Mail be treated)?

And, I am interested on how the Drow unlock would be treated also.

recently all of argonessen characters has been copyed to risia, the favor and unread/new mails followed us:) so yes i guess...you get your drow and 32 with you (considering you have transferred your 1750 favor toon).

Aurora11
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Do the premium services offer a move of a char to another of my accounts. My daughter has build up a char on one of my accounts and I want to move a char of mine on that account to another of my accounts so I have someone her lvl to play with her.

bigal4458
08-07-2007, 06:29 PM
How much for a character transfer to Risa??

Bobbyd
08-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Transfer Submited for two characters.......

(Crosses Fingers)

AEschyl
08-07-2007, 07:09 PM
Do the premium services offer a move of a char to another of my accounts. My daughter has build up a char on one of my accounts and I want to move a char of mine on that account to another of my accounts so I have someone her lvl to play with her.

no, they dont seem to be able to do that

Lorien_the_First_One
08-07-2007, 10:46 PM
[QUOTE=Yeti;1285820]We’ll begin transferring characters between worlds on August 20th. You can continue playing your character right up until we begin transferring the characters, and any progress and items you collect between now and then will still go with you.
QUOTE]

What you are saying is contrary to the Q&A for transfers:

A: No you do not need to be logged into the GAME, but YES you do need to be logged out of the character we are transferring. If you log in at any time between the time you submit the request and Customer Service sends you the confirmation of completion, Turbine will not be held responsible for any data corruption or loss due to player negligence.

So if I want to move 5 chars this is going to cost me 5x $25? OUCH.

Great idea...WAY to high a price. Can I suggest $25 for up to 5 (or even 3)chars and $5 for each additional?

greystone306
08-07-2007, 11:55 PM
How much for a character transfer to Risa??
well since they are planning another full world merge as soon as the kinks are worked out from the merges.. I would say that would be free.. but you can pay me $100 and I will guarantee that your characters will be there by september LOL

Cupcake
08-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Can the transfer take place if all slots are used up on the destination server??

Aurora11
08-08-2007, 11:15 AM
no, they dont seem to be able to do that

Well, that ridiculous they do it in other games all the time...

moonprophet
08-08-2007, 01:01 PM
..instead of plat farmers, you would now have toon farmers selling whole toons on ebay and such. And yes, you can do that on other games, but it is does not make it right. Unless of course, you LIKE to cheat.

cdbd3rd
08-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Wouldn't ya just HATE that? :rolleyes:

:D
_

Dark_Helmet
08-08-2007, 03:15 PM
The mail question is answered in the FAQ (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=166).

I didn't see a mention of Favor unlocking rewards though. That seems to be a major detail to overlook.

_

Thanks, I misread the fine print. :o

I also found it interesting that they merged all characters and their mail into Risa somehow, so that is why I generated the stupid question.:cool:

Aurora11
08-08-2007, 04:11 PM
..instead of plat farmers, you would now have toon farmers selling whole toons on ebay and such. And yes, you can do that on other games, but it is does not make it right. Unless of course, you LIKE to cheat.

Not sure I follow your logic...you could sell an account now... People were selling accounts in EQ log before they started to offer account moves. I don't think it would change anything I'm only advocating moves between accounts that belong to the same person.

nedpowers386
08-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Can the transfer take place if all slots are used up on the destination server??

Oh, noes!!! Please - dear God - don't give Cupcake any more excuses for her excessive rerolling...........

nedpowers386
08-08-2007, 04:53 PM
We’re pleased to announce that we’ll start accepting requests for World Character Transfers as a new Premium Service on Wednesday, August 8th! If you’d like to be the first in line to transfer your character to a different world than you're on now, click here HERE (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=138&ao=t) to find out more.

We’ll begin transferring characters between worlds on August 20th. You can continue playing your character right up until we begin transferring the characters, and any progress and items you collect between now and then will still go with you.

Don’t forget you can also have your character or guild renamed for a new lower price, starting at $9.95! Renaming services are available starting today.

I always knew Drowyeti (Zakattack) was a dev. Durn Yeti.....

;)

azzeroth
08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
okay i have a toon on an account that i creted after beta testing and i want to transfer him to my newer account that i created at christmas so i wanted to know if there will every be a way to transfer characters account to account?

Urklore
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
I checked the FAQ and the message board here, but still no answer.

What happens if I try to transfer a character to a world where I already have the character slots filled?

Is it like what happens with the merger, where the transfer will go through, but you cannot create any more characters unitl you delete enough to be below your minimum.

Or will the transfer simply not happen? Does my payment get refunded?

Punishment
08-08-2007, 05:58 PM
well since they are planning another full world merge as soon as the kinks are worked out from the merges.. I would say that would be free.. but you can pay me $100 and I will guarantee that your characters will be there by september LOL

Anyone know if this is true and which servers? Be a waste to transfer if to only be merged in a couple of months.

Sneakee
08-08-2007, 06:38 PM

Aurora, the FAQ states you cannot transfer characters between accounts.

You can check it out here:

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=169

Sneakee

azzeroth
08-08-2007, 07:02 PM
thx for finding that little faq i would have never looked in the fine print for somthing like that whellp i gusse i just have to deal with it until they want to even try to transfer toons from one account to another and even if they dont want to it is okay i just have to play during the day when my dad isnt playing his account :) thx again

VonBek
08-09-2007, 08:35 AM

http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=169 does not say, but it has a submit field at the bottom. Let's see if they answer.:rolleyes:

Lorien_the_First_One
08-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Anyone know if this is true and which servers? Be a waste to transfer if to only be merged in a couple of months.

It is true, all servers will be remerged into the Risia server "a few weeks" after the mergers happen.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Well, that ridiculous they do it in other games all the time...

I can see why you would want that service but they won't provide it because they are trying to stop people from powerlevelling and then ebaying L14 chars.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-09-2007, 11:00 AM
If we move a char with 400 or 1750 favor to a new server do we automatically get to unlock drow/32 pt on that server? (necessary if we are moving to a new "home" as our main server)

If we move the only undelted char we have on a server with 400 or 1750 favor from one server to a new one do we loose the 32pt/drow build options on the old server?

UnionJack94
08-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Just to alert you all to a possible issue:

Last night I paid for a name change for one of my characters on Khyber. As advertised in several locations the "alleged" price for this service is $9.95.

Today, I received this email:

"Turbine would like to thank you for purchasing a Character Rename.

We have billed your account a charge of $19.99 for this service and once you have completed the /changename process, your Character Rename is complete."

Thinking that this is probably just some typo in the old email form, I then check my bank account online and see that I have actually been billed $24.99.

I did contact customer service and they were very apologetic and did credit the extra funds. Just be sure to verify with your bank that the right amount gets charged in case you decide to use the service.

Vanda
08-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Can I transfer my barbarian to Silverlode so I can kick the rear of my loser friends that went to LOTRO and its lame, rehashed combat model?

Mintcrispy
08-10-2007, 06:44 AM
Why doesn't T'urbine answer the OP questions? Extremely important to know. Yes i checked the FAQ.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Why doesn't T'urbine answer the OP questions? Extremeley important to know. Yes i checked the FAQ.

You know when they offer a "premium service" for a fee (and not a small one) you would think they would be eager to answer questions to earn their fee and to sell many many many such fees. Someone needs a lesson on sales 101

flytrap
08-12-2007, 12:21 PM

Where have you heard of another merger? Is it to be all into one? This is going to exacerbate the name shortages that has already been shown during the limited merger we just had.
There was a suggeston that cancelled accounts should have the names appended to free those names (and give them free rename) and any names that are asociated to an account that has been dormant for several months.... (there could be clauses in there for our Brothers and Sisters in Arms, for when they deploy, they cannot play.)

Dragonhyde
08-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Where have you heard of another merger? Is it to be all into one? This is going to exacerbate the name shortages that has already been shown during the limited merger we just had.
There was a suggeston that cancelled accounts should have the names appended to free those names (and give them free rename) and any names that are asociated to an account that has been dormant for several months.... (there could be clauses in there for our Brothers and Sisters in Arms, for when they deploy, they cannot play.)

I think he was actually talking about the plans to put all player characters back on risia with up to date characters.

Olaff
08-12-2007, 01:16 PM

Name shortage? Lack of imagination on the part of the majority of the playerbase hardly constitutes a shortage of names.

GlassCannon
08-12-2007, 04:47 PM

My wife and I currently share an account, and have no more room on it. I can't delete my characters and she can't delete hers. 9 slots is NOT enough. Losing all the work I put into the account when I could just as easily have paid for a few character transfers is discouraging. I would rather be able to log out of a character, then into the new one without using Quit, CTRL ALT DEL, End Process, Open DnDclient.exe, End Process, Open DnDclient.exe(the first time never works, but if I kill it and reopen it works fine), the reload all the info, then reload the server, then reload the loading bar so I can load into the loading screen to load into my character so I can load out of the tavern... I wish DDO had an on-site cache(Local HDD, Client-side)... anyway, point is our account is too full, and she disputes having to 1750 and loot run all over again, especially when I would share her account when Monks and Druids come out, instead of just moving her characters out and having those slots available on mine.

Plat farmers do what they do for a living. They are good at it, and they subvert their country's 86% Income Tax(It might be 92% depending on where they are) by earning money playing games, so they can eat and pay the bills. They won't leave, and they already do sell whole accounts. They sell pre-made 1750'd Characters even without the inter-account transfer option. Why make us suffer just so they have to make ONE extra step?

VonBek
08-12-2007, 05:48 PM

Theyr reply:

Thank you for your inquiry. You can do a character transfer even if you have all slots full. If you have any further questions or concerns please respond by clicking the link below. Thanks!

Good Luck.

jayne
08-13-2007, 12:49 PM
so what would it cost to have my toons transfered back to reidra?

VonBek
08-13-2007, 01:41 PM
so what would it cost to have my toons transfered back to reidra?

If you have to ask....

:D

AEschyl
08-20-2007, 06:27 PM
so... where's my xfer?

Vandos
08-20-2007, 07:31 PM
The 20th comes and goes with not a single word from Turbine as to how or when our tranfers will take place. You would think someone would be on the ball on this and provide us with some info even if it is "Transfers have been put back a few days as we are still ironing out the process" terrible community/customer relations. If I ran my business like this I'd be homeless and on welfare.

GUENHWYVAR
08-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Venting may all that we have to do. When I signed up on the 8th I was thinking that perhaps this was going to work out good. they seemed to have a pre plan in place. But yes they fail us all with no email, no posts, nothing! it frustrates me completely. It just seems disrepectful. I agree if there is an issue let us know. We signed up early, we agreed to pay them our money and they still show no signs of concideration. :mad:

AEschyl
08-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Venting may all that we have to do. When I signed up on the 8th I was thinking that perhaps this was going to work out good. they seemed to have a pre plan in place. But yes they fail us all with no email, no posts, nothing! it frustrates me completely. It just seems disrepectful. I agree if there is an issue let us know. We signed up early, we agreed to pay them our money and they still show no signs of concideration. :mad:

they dont have to give us good customer service... cuz even if a couple of people quit the game over this issue (added to whatever might have been ticking them off)... they wont care because there are still the hundreds of thousands of other people that will still play the game without complaining and who dont care about this issue so long as 'their' game play isnt messed up (well, until turbine finds a way to tick them off too...)

either way, it's simple. turbine doesnt care enough to go the extra mile to make sure their customer base is happy (as happy as possible). i'm sure they'll come up with some excuse as to why they didnt get this kicked off on the day it was supposed to be released...

i'm anticipating it actually... ready for a good laugh (as turbine never fails to deliver).

Tavok
08-20-2007, 11:21 PM
I think I'm missing something... why is this the "Return of Premium Service" and not the "Introduction of Premium Serivice"?

AEschyl
08-21-2007, 02:05 AM
I think I'm missing something... why is this the "Return of Premium Service" and not the "Introduction of Premium Serivice"?

because the name change and the guild-name change came out slightly before the server xfer service did

shortly before the big server merger, they took down the 2 existing premium services and re-instated them afterwards...

...apparently the new service is taking a bit longer to get off the ground than scheduled

..glad i got a heads up about it.

Bobbyd
08-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Not sure if I was 1st in line but above were my ticket referance numbers and Im yet to be transfered.

:-(

Some info would be appriciated.

AEschyl
08-21-2007, 09:41 AM
hmm, i'm #55003

i just re-read the email they sent me, it reads as follows:

"Thank you for requesting a DDO World Character Transfer. We expect to begin processing these requests during the week of August 20th. Once we begin transferring characters, we will let you know."

yay, I can't wait for Friday the 25th when my character is finally transferred.

Bobbyd
08-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Yeah my bad 55001 and 55002....

GUENHWYVAR
08-21-2007, 07:23 PM
:eek: still waiting ZZZZZzzzzzz no email, no posts letting us know what is going on............. frustration is growing to bad there is no person we can speak to one on one.......... they did however like clock work make sure my membership fee came off my credit card today.... funny how that is always on time.:mad:

trock
08-22-2007, 02:44 AM
So I tried yesterday and today to apply for a character world transfer (it is Wednesday, August 22) and each time I put in all my information it comes up with a screen that summarizes the request and then says...

"Please confirm the order details below.
Upon clicking Confirm, your request will be submitted and your order will be final."

Problem is THERE IS NO CONFIRM BUTTON anywhere on
any screens!

Please Help

Punishment
08-22-2007, 12:11 PM
You know when they offer a "premium service" for a fee (and not a small one) you would think they would be eager to answer questions to earn their fee and to sell many many many such fees. Someone needs a lesson on sales 101

Maybe this is why our population continues to grow smaller..Look for DDO in stores and see what you find! Publicity Turbine!!! Let people know about this GREAT GAME and what it has to offer.:confused:

Shaamis
08-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe this is why our population continues to grow smaller..Look for DDO in stores and see what you find! Publicity Turbine!!! Let people know about this GREAT GAME and what it has to offer.:confused:

The advertisement "bus" definately left DDO, but stopped a couple of blocks away, and sure picked up LOTRO.

Every time I go to a video game store, I see LOTRO "coming soon" or "buy here" posters/flyers/stand-ups.

I look around for DDO, and have to walk up to the clerk, who then points to the "bargain basement" bin, to dig for a used copy of DDO, before I see anything DDO related.

sad really.

Punishment
08-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Let's get on with the transfer!!! Been waiting a year it feels like :) :rolleyes:

Hokiewa
08-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Perhaps the lack of notice for downtime tomorrow, is the response for the people who've paid for this service and not received it. Either way, the lack of communication is once again par for the course.

Guyven
08-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Just curious, Anyone at all have a toon transferred yet this week? Still waiting on mine. FAQ says "usually 1 business day" for a successful transfer.

DaveyCrockett
08-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Nothing

GUENHWYVAR
08-22-2007, 08:34 PM
I for one found new hope that I may be able to maintain interest in this game when I heard that I could transfer my characters. originally I was playing on Adar and moved to Aundair to join Twilight Avengers. I only have the one toon on "Khyber" so i am always waiting on timers. So, as i awaited this transfer to happen, I counted down the stupid days until the 20th....... Then i stupidly assumed that becasue I applied on the 8th that I would have of course recieved an email and believed that my characters would be transfered. Now this stupid transfer has consumed me:eek: I check my stupid email from work in hopes that I will go home to see my characters moved. I check it to much....Then I read and read the forums hoping that someone has responded saying what is going on. I am seriously dissapointed in the not knowing. Honestly a little post from them telling us anything would have been appreciated. They want us to support them and to keep our memberships in good standing, giving us a little "sorry about the wait" is not to much to ask.

Bladedge
08-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Well Yeti started this topic so I went to the LOTRO forums see if there was any CS contact about premium services mainly character transfers and this was what I found.

8/21/2007
Yeti

Re: Server switch
Correct! Also, because a little birdie told me, the premium services team is rather busy at the moment, so the delays may be slightly longer than the FAQ says. Patch days are especially delaying as they can't access the game either!

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=85412

As your notice they are willing to answer the LOTRO players about the premium service but not DDO players.

Another nice service update broght to you by .... well not Turbine.

AEschyl
08-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Well Yeti started this topic so I went to the LOTRO forums see if there was any CS contact about premium services mainly character transfers and this was what I found.

8/21/2007
Yeti

Re: Server switch
Correct! Also, because a little birdie told me, the premium services team is rather busy at the moment, so the delays may be slightly longer than the FAQ says. Patch days are especially delaying as they can't access the game either!

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=85412

As your notice they are willing to answer the LOTRO players about the premium service but not DDO players.

Another nice service update broght to you by .... well not Turbine.

judging by that.. i'd be willing to bet that turbine hasnt even LOOKED AT this thread since before the 20th...

...well i'd at least HOPE that's the case... cuz if they have, and have purposefully ignored our request for a response or even an acknowledgement...

..well then that just speaks for itself now doesnt it?

Vandos
08-23-2007, 04:07 AM
I have a sneaky suspicion that todays downtime is to put in place some code that facilitates the transfers. They have probably figured out by now that editing databases (while the files may be in use) and on live servers leads to concurrency issues that they probably did not think of at the time. Going by their previous record this is highly likely. It is not as simple as copy a record, delete it from original server and insert a record in the new servers database.

Seeing as Quarion is on a break, no one is willing to say we stuffed it up and didnt quite think this through so we are going to be a bit longer while we write a transfer program.

binnsr
08-23-2007, 08:13 AM
I have a sneaky suspicion that todays downtime is to put in place some code that facilitates the transfers. They have probably figured out by now that editing databases (while the files may be in use) and on live servers leads to concurrency issues that they probably did not think of at the time. Going by their previous record this is highly likely. It is not as simple as copy a record, delete it from original server and insert a record in the new servers database.

Seeing as Quarion is on a break, no one is willing to say we stuffed it up and didnt quite think this through so we are going to be a bit longer while we write a transfer program.

ehh... not that hard to write that in and i'm sure before they started advertising that they wrote a transfer prog.. its just a question of whether or not it's automated

were I to write it, it would be like this: (and not having written C code in nearly 15 years, i won't bother anyone with actual code :D)
1) lock user from logging in to source server
2) check to see if character is online -- if yes, enter wait state, send ingame message to character to log out please, and check every 10 minutes for character status.
3) if user is offline, initiate db copy
4) validate copy and unlock user - send email to account holder informing of success.

Olaff
08-23-2007, 08:41 AM
It actually doesn't even need to be that hard...

1. If character is online, move to next character.
2. If character is not online, lock character, copy record.
3. Unlock character.
4. Move to next character.

That's a fairly simplistic version and has no error handling, but that's the general idea... what makes it tricky is maintaining relational IDs while other people are creating new characters. That could muck up the works a bit if a new character is created while another character is being copied, because the various IDs maintaining relational integrity could conceivably get thrown out of whack depending on how the DB inserts are coded.

AEschyl
08-23-2007, 08:45 AM
4) validate copy and unlock user - send email to account holder informing of success.

we can only hope :rolleyes:

binnsr
08-23-2007, 08:48 AM
what makes it tricky is maintaining relational IDs while other people are creating new characters. That could muck up the works a bit if a new character is created while another character is being copied, because the various IDs maintaining relational integrity could conceivably get thrown out of whack depending on how the DB inserts are coded.
even that is fairly easy to work with -- assign and lock the relational ID before you even start the xfer (always assuming you'll need a new one is probably easiest)

Olaff
08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
even that is fairly easy to work with -- assign and lock the relational ID before you even start the xfer (always assuming you'll need a new one is probably easiest)

Yep, it's not difficult in theory, but they'll have to lock the PK of every table in the DB while they're conducting a single transfer in order to ensure they maintain integrity, while simultaneously allowing new inserts into those same tables while the update is occurring.

This is also probably why they aren't going to move mail or auction house items - those two features involve a lot of non-character-specific information, so trying to lock in IDs could, potentially, severely impact game performance for the entire world.

Vandos
08-23-2007, 10:45 AM
How many tables are a character record spread across? a lot of tables might need to be locked and a lot of those tables may already be in use. Auto increment fields need to be recorded before insertion etc, etc, etc.

Much easier to handle when all databases are offline. Hrrm, will we be transferred when it all comes back up and does this mean a weekly downtime for future character transfers?

Olaff
08-23-2007, 10:53 AM
"Response:
Greetings "X",

Turbine would like to thank you for purchasing a World Character Transfer.

Your World Character Transfer is now complete. We have billed your account a charge of $24.95."

Christov has a new home!

liriel01
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
:) Let me know when you can change your entire name not just the first one. It is sort of ridiculous that a name change is only a partial change. If it is your name then, the entire name should be able to change. Please don't tell me that the technology is not there. Also, please tell the teams to work on the mailing of multiple items say money and maybe up to ten items or at least five. Thanks!

Bobbyd
08-23-2007, 11:14 AM
"Response:
Greetings "X",

Your World Character Transfer is now complete. We have billed your account a charge of $24.95."

Christov has a new home!

Does mean that someone has actually had a character transfered? Has it been confirmed?

Olaff
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
That's the confirmation email, but I can't check it for another few hours 'cause I'm at work. :mad:

Vandos
08-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Just got my confirmation email, characters name began with a V so not long to go now. Might actually be on time to come back up.

Bobbyd
08-23-2007, 12:05 PM
I havent gotten any confirmation e-mail :-(.

Sneakee
08-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Just got my confirmation of server change.....but the servers are down for maintenance....looking forward to loot distribution to my Thelanis characters!

AEschyl
08-23-2007, 12:30 PM
got my confirmation as well...

...bout freaking time.

Surreal
08-23-2007, 01:20 PM
My character was also moved

"Response:
Greetings "X",

Christov has a new home!

~Slavik_Rodberg
08-28-2007, 02:48 PM
If you are a subscriber, why should you have to pay to move a toon from one to another. I think that if you are subscribed to DDO that you should be rewarded with one toon transfer for free. Anything else after that you should pay. And I got another question? Can i get a popsickle? It is hot in here. :)

~Slavik_Rodberg
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
If you are a subscriber, why should you have to pay to move a toon from one to another. I think that if you are subscribed to DDO that you should be rewarded with one toon transfer for free. Anything else after that you should pay. And I got another question? Can i get a popsickle? It is hot in here. :)

Cupcake
08-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Can you do a world transfer any time?

Chalidar
08-29-2007, 05:47 PM
i have tried doing a character transfer, and it so far has not happend, it has been 2 days now

Olaff
08-30-2007, 06:47 AM
You can request one any time, but I'm getting the impression that the actual moves don't happen on a regular basis. I've got a couple of guildies who put in fairly late requests and haven't had their characters moved yet.

Ezimachia
08-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Yup... one of those 'guildies' Olaff mentions is me. I put my request in on 8/12 and still haven't seen any email or evidence of a move. *pout*

Ezimachia
08-30-2007, 10:30 AM
OMG!!! I posted the above message a little earlier this morning and just now I got the email saying my character has been transfered. Thank you, Turbine! Man, I should have posted last week, eh? :p

Seriously... Thank you very much, Turbine!!!

Olaff
08-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Heheh, I just got confirmation that Amaenda has also moved. :) Hurrah, fuzzy bunnies and butterflies and all that!

Cupcake
08-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Heheh, I just got confirmation that Amaenda has also moved. :) Hurrah, fuzzy bunnies and butterflies and all that!

Okay I'm gonna go check LOL. But i just did mine on the 29th so I may not have my confirmation yet.

Cupcake
08-30-2007, 11:02 AM
Okay I'm gonna go check LOL. But i just did mine on the 29th so I may not have my confirmation yet.

WEeeee!!!!! Thanks guys!

Hokiewa
08-30-2007, 11:04 AM
While I'm glad that most people got their transfers resolved, is that what the downtime is for? That seems a little absurd

Bobbyd
08-30-2007, 12:51 PM
So, I placed my transfer on the 8th, and had been asking what was taking so long as teh 20th came and went. I looked back at the orignal correspondance that turbine sent me and noticed that they had sent me a message that my informaiton didnt match.

I quickly fixed that and then got another message two days later. Doh.. didnt give them all my credit card numbers..... Uggghhh

Two days passed and they have sent me my confirmation e-mail. So ill have to wait to get home to verify.

My point is,,, it seems that Transfers are taking about 2 days once you put in a correct request.

Cupcake
08-30-2007, 01:23 PM
So, I placed my transfer on the 8th, and had been asking what was taking so long as teh 20th came and went. I looked back at the orignal correspondance that turbine sent me and noticed that they had sent me a message that my informaiton didnt match.

I quickly fixed that and then got another message two days later. Doh.. didnt give them all my credit card numbers..... Uggghhh

Two days passed and they have sent me my confirmation e-mail. So ill have to wait to get home to verify.

My point is,,, it seems that Transfers are taking about 2 days once you put in a correct request.

Two days doesn't seem too bad.

I was worried I missed it completely cause I didn't do it on the 20th. Glad you got yours figured out.

moonprophet
08-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Can anyone definitively confirm that the favor rewards (400/1750) move to the new server with your character. in other words, will a character transfer allow you to unlock the favor rewards on another server without losing them on the originating server? I can't beleive no-one has answered that question yet on this thread as it is obviously on most peoples minds.

Betz
08-31-2007, 05:51 AM
I have a question about alighnment change..

I rolled a Bard destined to be a Warchanter Barbarian, I'm almost to level 4 and realised that I made him Chaotic Good.

this will play havoc with my options later on with items,

is it possible to have his alighnment changed to Chaotic Neutral???

pleeese!

Olaff
08-31-2007, 07:06 AM
Can anyone definitively confirm that the favor rewards (400/1750) move to the new server with your character. in other words, will a character transfer allow you to unlock the favor rewards on another server without losing them on the originating server? I can't beleive no-one has answered that question yet on this thread as it is obviously on most peoples minds.

Actually I did answer the first part of that question already, but it looks like the post got nuked. Short version - yes, favor and associated favor rewards do transfer. However, I don't know about the original server - I didn't check, because there's a reason I moved, so it's not important to me personally. :)

Ezimachia
08-31-2007, 10:00 AM
Lerincho wasn't able to be here today, but he asked me to post this for him.

Question:
Sorry one more question in relation to the server
transfer. This is just curiousity. If at some
point in time, someone who transferred their 1750+
favor character to another server went back to the
original server, they would still have the 32 point
build or would they have to re-earn it?

Response:
Greetings Lerincho,

Thank you for your inquiry. Once a character has been transfered the character is ineligible for another transfer for 90 days. Only after that time has elapsed can a character be moved again. Also, when a character is transfered they are not altered in anyway. Favor does transfer with the character as well as any bonuses the favor brings. While the destination world does not assume you are using a 32 point build you
will have the favor to unlock it.

Althor
09-03-2007, 01:51 PM

You guys are out of your mind. turbine your really pushing this game into the hole. As it is, Im really tired of the game, tire of the GM's Tired of the lack of content. Tired of the changes you keep making to peoples builds. I havn't played in a month, even though I've paid for my subscription. I might have even considered moving my account to another server just to get new people to make friends with, but at $24.95/character, your out of your mind. It just one more thing that doesn't sit well with me in the way turbine does business. THATS MORE MONEY THAN THE GAME ITSELF COSTS!!!!!!

Good Luck.

Djeserit
09-06-2007, 01:55 AM
If you transfer a 32 pt. toon with less than 1750 favor, can you build more 32 pt. toons on the new server?

pana
09-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Im posting today because I am really displeased with so called "premium services". We as a guild came to the thought that we wanted to move off of our server and move to another. We got this idea for many reasons. So we put a request in last week for transfers (7 days ago) and have gotten no emails or any kinda info about it. So i called turbine and asked what was going on so i could know for billing and for basic knowledge to pass to the guild. Everyday I called they tell me it will happen tomorrow. Today i called they tell me they will post about a Ddo downtime and the transfers will happen then. Everyday its a diffrent story. They say "you can still play you char. on that server though" If i wanted to play that char on that server i would not give turbine 25 dollars to move him. We pay 25 dollars for our char to be transfered to be treated like we do not exsist. It is poor costumer service to say the least. I know this falls on deaf ears and blind eyes but i am tired and fustrated that i am giving them 25 dollars to be treated like this.

SDM
09-06-2007, 02:34 PM
A recent change has been made to the transfer procedure. We will be processing these transfers during specific periods of downtime. This is a new policy so our Account Management Team's response has changed with the change to our procedure. I do apologize about the confusion that this has caused.

Please be aware that no charges are processed until we begin the transfers. The current method of transfer will allow your entire guild to be moved at the same time.

I will post more specific information on when we plan to process the next set of transfers as soon as that information is available.

Quarion's Post (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1334036)

~SDM

Quoivat
09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Nothing

Lorien_the_First_One
09-06-2007, 05:27 PM
If you transfer a 32 pt. toon with less than 1750 favor, can you build more 32 pt. toons on the new server?

I asked Turbine that myself...took days for an answer but here it is:

On 8/13/2007 you posed a question to Turbine Support which was noted as inquiry 56268.The question you posed and our response are listed below.

Your Question, Comment or Feedback:
Comments about item 166: (Incomplete)

if we move a char with 400 or 1750 favor to a new server do we automatically get to unlock drow/32 pt on that server? (necessary if we are moving to a new "home" as our main server)

If we move the only undelted char we have on a server with 400 or 1750 favor from one server to a new one do we loose the 32pt/drow build options on the old server?

Response:
Greetings,

Thank you for your inquiry. When a character is transferred they are not altered in anyway. All favor does transfer with the character as well as any bonuses that go with it.

If you have any further questions please respond via the link below and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
The Turbine Customer Service Team

Olaff
09-07-2007, 08:38 AM
That doesn't answer the question though... what he's asking is if, say, I move a 32-point Human character with 200 favor - do I get to build new Drow or 32-point characters automatically on the NEW server, prior to actually earning any new favor with that character?

I think the answer is no, but I don't know for sure.

Lorien_the_First_One
09-07-2007, 12:11 PM
That doesn't answer the question though... what he's asking is if, say, I move a 32-point Human character with 200 favor - do I get to build new Drow or 32-point characters automatically on the NEW server, prior to actually earning any new favor with that character?

I think the answer is no, but I don't know for sure.

All favor does transfer with the character as well as any bonuses that go with it.

Aren't the builds a bonus that goes with the favor?

Olaff
09-07-2007, 01:08 PM
All favor does transfer with the character as well as any bonuses that go with it.

Aren't the builds a bonus that goes with the favor?

Not if they don't have the favor themselves...Otherwise there's no point to having the favor requirements. Simply export your 32-point character to each server and you'd never have to worry about earning favor again. It'd be hugely abusive to do it that way.

Shaamis
09-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I asked Turbine that myself...took days for an answer but here it is:

On 8/13/2007 you posed a question to Turbine Support which was noted as inquiry 56268.The question you posed and our response are listed below.

Your Question, Comment or Feedback:
Comments about item 166: (Incomplete)

if we move a char with 400 or 1750 favor to a new server do we automatically get to unlock drow/32 pt on that server? (necessary if we are moving to a new "home" as our main server)

Response:
Greetings,

Thank you for your inquiry. When a character is transferred they are not altered in anyway. All favor does transfer with the character as well as any bonuses that go with it.

If you have any further questions please respond via the link below and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
The Turbine Customer Service Team

I would say that if you move a 32-point build to another server, and they have less than 400 faovr, you would not be able to build a new drow character or anotehr 32-point character, until you unlock it, through the normal methods.

I have thought about this for a while, adn If I transfer a character to another server, he'll be a few easy points away from the 400 or the 1750, so I can 'officially" unlock the favor on that server.

That way, it will be just fine.

SDM
09-07-2007, 05:26 PM
We will be completing the next round of World Character Transfers on Monday 9/10/2007.

~SDM

jervonics2112
09-09-2007, 03:50 AM
Im posting today because I am really displeased with so called "premium services". We as a guild came to the thought that we wanted to move off of our server and move to another. We got this idea for many reasons. So we put a request in last week for transfers (7 days ago) and have gotten no emails or any kinda info about it. So i called turbine and asked what was going on so i could know for billing and for basic knowledge to pass to the guild. Everyday I called they tell me it will happen tomorrow. Today i called they tell me they will post about a Ddo downtime and the transfers will happen then. Everyday its a diffrent story. They say "you can still play you char. on that server though" If i wanted to play that char on that server i would not give turbine 25 dollars to move him. We pay 25 dollars for our char to be transfered to be treated like we do not exsist. It is poor costumer service to say the least. I know this falls on deaf ears and blind eyes but i am tired and fustrated that i am giving them 25 dollars to be treated like this.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "Turbine Customer Service"! you can now expect your loot to suck for the next 3 months for daring to critisize the empire! err comany......:)

Plutocracy
09-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Hey, we just had the downtime for mod 5 and I still didn't get my character transferred. Anyone else have this?

Lariana
09-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey, I asked about my transfer, and I heard that it isn't an automatic process. I am guessing they will have to go through all the requests that were put in before Mod 5, but not yet done. So, they should get to you eventually. I have been told previously that they usually do requests in a first come, first serve basis.

Madmonkey2
09-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Character World Transfer no longer appears as an option under Premium Services...is this service no longer available?

Chocolate Surprise...Sproing!

noneou
09-29-2007, 02:28 PM
I still see it at the top of the list. http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=138&ao=t

Where are you looking? I want to transfer a toon too but won't do so until I know that the service is reliable and not linked to down times when the transfer may or may not happen depending on factors which are unclear.

It was stated that in MOD 5 they would be able to do transfers "on the fly."

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1334036

Is this not true? Devs please chime in here.

kaishaku
05-07-2008, 04:15 PM
If anything it looks like transfers are now either harder or simply a good source of income.

They now cost $25 a piece. What a sham.