PDA

View Full Version : Shame!!

Magatha
08-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Well it saddens me to post this but I became aware of some disappointing behavior after the merge was complete yesterday. I also want to say that although I only know of negative comments thrown at former Marbarians from original Argos; I am not suggesting that it was only original Argo's participating in this rude behavior but I only heard about this from my friends originally from Mabar.

What as happened is people not being healed because you are from Mabar, people saying "why should I listen to you, you are only from Mabar", people just plan out being rude not waiting for their party members because they are Mabarians.

Now what I am purposing because I highly doubt people who did these things read our forums is ask ALL officers and guild leaders to stand up and tell their guildies this shouldn't happen and will not be treated lightly. Please remember yes we have taken the Argo name but we have not come here to invade, take over or whatever some of you may be thinking. We lost our small tight nit communities for a huge one full of lag lol. We all pay our $15 to play this game and have fun there is no need for this kinda of immaturity that only accomplishes creating bad blood.

This needs to stop!! We all play to have fun and I know its only a few bad apples but no one deserves to be sh*t on while playing their game for no reason (that is stricktly your fellow guildies job;) )

I think I am done and I really sorry I had to do the mother thing but this just really disspointed me when I heard about it. So on that note please if any of my guildes from Ordos act in this way please let me know because this will not be tolerated in my guild and shouldn't in your either.

Aspenor
08-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm guessing somebody was having a little fun with you or whoever had this problem. Don't take it personal, just laugh and refuse to fight/cast or whatever you do, then.

Magatha
08-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm guessing somebody was having a little fun with you or whoever had this problem. Don't take it personal, just laugh and refuse to fight/cast or whatever you do, then.

The "problem" as you call it was spread out among 5 or 6 people that I KNOW of also not all in the same guild. I know its would be nice to think it was just a game but I don't think so. I can also be a b*tch so if it did happen to me I'm sure the perosn on the recieving end of it would be the one posting;)

Dworkin_of_Amber
08-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I would have a really simple solution... Report them for Harassment, Squelch them, and add them to your "I will never ever ever ever party with them again" list.

But in all seriousness, that kind of behaviour is childish, and just plain stupid. I know I have no ill-will towards any Argo natives, and if any of them dislike Mabar natives for something we had no choice in, then they should really consider playing a different game.

There is another soution if anyone ever does that again. Immediately stop, recall, and Drop Party.

Aspenor
08-07-2007, 03:17 PM
The "problem" as you call it was spread out among 5 or 6 people that I KNOW of also not all in the same guild. I know its would be nice to think it was just a game but I don't think so. I can also be a b*tch so if it did happen to me I'm sure the perosn on the recieving end of it would be the one posting;)

I still think it was a joke that you are taking a bit too seriously.

Rickpa
08-07-2007, 03:23 PM
Whether someone is joking or not, if you're not enjoying questing... quit.

DDO is supposed to be fun, and we pay money to play and have fun. Since we now have plenty of choices for grouping, exercise your choice.

bandyman1
08-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I only got to run one quest last night, a scale run. Myself and two of my buddies from Mabar, joined up with 3 Argonites. I have to say it went extremely well :D . Pulled together as a team, and accomplished our goal, with no server origin issues what-so-ever. Was a blast, and friends lists were updated all around :) .

With that said, the only place I experienced any trash-talking was in the Lobster pit. Meh...that's to be expected. I think a lot of Mabarian's and Argonite's wanted to get a feel for each other there, and insults were hurled from both sides. But that's the way of PvP, and I think very few of them were serious attacks.

Having a blast in my new home :) .

As bad as I hate to, I will leave this thread with a warning to my guildies. As an officer of DwD, the type of behavior discussed by the OP will not be tolerated by myself, the other officers, or our leader. It will constitute grounds for expulsion from the guild. We are trying to foster a sense of one community here, if some of the original Argo player's are acting inappropriately, plz let myself, Loopy, or the other officers know. DO NOT stoop to vengeance tactics.

If anyone encounters problems with my guildies, plz feel free to PM me, or contact the toons in my sig in-game.

Rameses
08-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Off topic...

I was very surprised running PoTP with a Mabar-PuG that the norm for Mabar at the Ice room is to Wall of Fire and CK through the door.

And yes I did voice my opinion about this being weaksauce and is a very easy room.

meh...

I am, Rameses!

Aspenor
08-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Off topic...

I was very surprised running PoTP with a Mabar-PuG that the norm for Mabar at the Ice room is to Wall of Fire and CK through the door.

And yes I did voice my opinion about this being weaksauce and is a very easy room.

meh...

I am, Rameses!

ew

*gags*

super weaksauce...weak water even

Lessah
08-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Me and Some Stormbringers sought out some Mabarian transplants on purpose and had great fun doing POP! :D
We welcomed them, they were happy to find a group so fast, and we all complained about the tiniest bits of lag! :D :D :D :p

My point?

Argo is big.
It is easy to find someone you do not like here!
Don't leave cause someone is being a jerk! We are not all jerks! (except for Aspenor! :D j/k daddio, you know I luv u!);)

Please don't leave before we warm up to ya!
:D :D :)

PS, expect a PM from me regarding this matter.

alchilito
08-07-2007, 06:46 PM
We are honored to have you in Argo and look forward to questing with you.

WELCOME TO ARGO

Natalae
08-07-2007, 08:43 PM
We lost our small tight nit communities for a huge one full of lag.

BTW thx...:D

Ne who...youll find that several of the guilds have odd senses of humor sometimes pushing the scales to rude/obnoxious, but why worry?

Welcome to Argo, Stormbringers, Founding Guild of Argonnessen welcomes you and hopes the stinkers dont ruin your play.

Rameses
08-07-2007, 08:57 PM
Ne who...youll find that several of the guilds have odd senses of humor sometimes pushing the scales to rude/obnoxious, but why worry?

/snicker...
/giggle...
/grease the ledge outside of PoTP
/watch you scramble
/giggle...
/snicker...

I am, Rameses!

Giantsbane
08-07-2007, 09:23 PM
It was suggested by one of our members that we could rename Argonnessen to Lagonessen. That was before the merge :eek:

Anyhow, the Shriners are happy to welcome everyone from Mabar to your new home. I would be very surprised and dissapointed if any of my guildies were to treat former Mabarians with disrespect. If this should happen, send me a tell or in-game email, and I will personally thrash the offender in a public location. ;)

The point is, the party just got bigger folks. Now let the debauchery begin! :D

Gurgzog - One of many founding players on Argo, and Officer of Shriners Anonymous.

Natalae
08-07-2007, 10:26 PM
/snicker...
/giggle...
/watch you scramble
/giggle...
/snicker...

I am, Rameses!

LOL :p

Rammy has it right dont ya! Play On!

Bamf
08-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Take a passive stance - example.

I get wild at my guildie caster who looooves to pk mobs just as my tank starts swinging at them (usually after Ive run 100 feet to get to it).

And then chuckles to himself (lol you know who you are Juj :P)

My response to this after 10 months of it is to sit down, say in Tharask Arena, seathe weapons, and sit back and enjoy the show.

Just like watching a DDO movie........

darkrhavyn
08-08-2007, 08:58 AM
First off this was a post asking mature guilds and guild leaders to stop the idiocy that some players are guilty of before it becomes the basis for bad blood between guilds -- even if that idiocy was "just a joke". If players arent getting heals or not being listened to about tactics which leads to character death - its not a funny joke.

Second: I have played on Argo for quite a while now before the merge--I have been less than impressed with the tactics displayed by many of the people that I met- I put this down to new players who havent really learned yet, and have tried to show restraint about B@@ching about bad play--but honestly the enternal comments from some players about weak style is getting old-- just because you think that its weak-- maybe someone JUST FRICKING DOESNT WANT TO RUN HEADLONG INTO A MOB THAT TIME.

Can my fighters go beat down the ice flenser in POP- sure- but they do it a hell of a lot faster with a firewall to fight in. Why take damage when I dont have to- I shield block and he dies- same amount of time and it cost me not one charge of a wand or a pot - and cost the cleric/bard nothing. Just because the caster tops the kill list- I still get the chest and reward and the XP.

Weak maybe- but I dont trash talk idiots who run headlong into a room in deleras and get locked in alone and die cause they never heard of group play--personally I hate death penalties and the damage it does to my gear when i die or get beat up.

Sorry for the rant , however, i think this post got hijacked ... if you dont want to help make your guild act maturely then that cool- I just know who to avoid in the future. Also, lets not turn Agrobar into the fiasco of Xoriat and Thelanis.:D

akla_thornfist
08-08-2007, 09:20 AM
to be honest ive had nothing but good groups since the merge, no trash talk no bullcrap just fun. one bad apple wont spoil the whole bunch, forget about it and move on if it happens again report them.

Ozoro
08-08-2007, 09:53 AM
/snicker...
/giggle...
/watch you scramble
/giggle...
/snicker...

I am, Rameses!

Who let the halfling in?

Allorious
08-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Can my fighters go beat down the ice flenser in POP- sure- but they do it a hell of a lot faster with a firewall to fight in. Why take damage when I dont have to- I shield block and he dies- same amount of time and it cost me not one charge of a wand or a pot - and cost the cleric/bard nothing. Just because the caster tops the kill list- I still get the chest and reward and the XP.

Man, you gotta relax, its a game. Besides, I assume the thought here was simply FoD, takes 2 seconds.

Vorn
08-08-2007, 10:17 AM
It was suggested by one of our members that we could rename Argonnessen to Lagonessen. That was before the merge :eek:

Anyhow, the Shriners are happy to welcome everyone from Mabar to your new home. I would be very surprised and dissapointed if any of my guildies were to treat former Mabarians with disrespect. If this should happen, send me a tell or in-game email, and I will personally thrash the offender in a public location. ;)

The point is, the party just got bigger folks. Now let the debauchery begin! :D

Gurgzog - One of many founding players on Argo, and Officer of Shriners Anonymous.

:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG, Gurg made it to the forums!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 10:19 AM
First off this was a post asking mature guilds and guild leaders to stop the idiocy that some players are guilty of before it becomes the basis for bad blood between guilds -- even if that idiocy was "just a joke". If players arent getting heals or not being listened to about tactics which leads to character death - its not a funny joke.

If you think dying in a video game isn't funny or amusing, then there's nothing I can say to you that will change your mind.

(Tell): Yyrmedic tells you,'I let you die'

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Man, you gotta relax, its a game. Besides, I assume the thought here was simply FoD, takes 2 seconds.

Yeah, exactly what Rameses was talking about. His post had very little to do with fighting mobs tooth and nail and more about the fact that it takes 7 seconds flat for a competent sorceror or about 10 seconds for a competent wizard to clear the entire ice room.

Magatha
08-08-2007, 10:26 AM
I know Dark and I also know that what twisted her is that I made this post in order to get help from mature guilds in making sure this was a first night thing......unfortunatly I have only received 1 post from an Agro original that seems to find this disturbing. But a lot of you seem to think this matter isn't really all that important which makes me think maybe you were responsible for some of it or at least maybe condone it :(

As far a XP debt, most former Mabarians (including Darkrhavyn) don't mind it and yes even find it funny but not when its cause by plan old stupidity or ignorance.

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 10:48 AM
I know Dark and I also know that what twisted her is that I made this post in order to get help from mature guilds in making sure this was a first night thing......unfortunatly I have only received 1 post from an Agro original that seems to find this disturbing. But a lot of you seem to think this matter isn't really all that important which makes me think maybe you were responsible for some of it or at least maybe condone it :(

Or maybe it's because everybody knows it was a joke??? Good grief, what is this, manners class? I don't see how this is such a big deal. It's pretty obvious that whoever this person is can't pick up a joke when it's being said.

It's so amusing to see people get all twisted about other people in a video game. OH THE RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!!!

Personally if a cleric decides not to heal me, I could care less. That's why I have potions and/or wands.

Deusxmachina
08-08-2007, 10:50 AM
I still think it was a joke that you are taking a bit too seriously.

Quite likely. I saw a person or two from Aspenor's guild getting into it with a couple Mabar people in general chat, but once it degraded into making fun of how each other spells, I chalked it up as non-serious.

Careful with the Mabar finger-pointing for fighting through the doors in PoP. I learned those methods from people on Argo. Never really had a group do it besides that one time, though.

Rameses
08-08-2007, 11:08 AM
first asking Argonnessen's guilds to own up and take a mature roll seems abit off-kilter in a video game.
second... have you ever read the effect that is generated in the ICE ROOM? Creatures are resistant to "FIRE DAMAGE SPELLS!"
thirdly... Tinted Faces are the vexing problem to everything and everyone. It's gonna happen, get over it. 100% of the time it's meant in good humor since all of our Guild Members understand one common factor about DDO... IT'S A GAME AND SHOULD BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!!!
Lastly... remember when pointing the finger of death at someone, there is always a few pointing right back at you.

I am, Rameses! and this has been your morning dose of common sense.

Ozoro
08-08-2007, 11:13 AM
about DDO... IT'S A GAME AND SHOULD BE TAKEN LIGHTLY!!!!

its a what? this.....this isnt real life?

oh sweet jesus i think im going to cry

Magatha
08-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Well obviously this post is getting nowhere except the fact that original Mabar people know what to expect from Tinted Faces.

This is a matter of people feeling uncomfortable in a group environment because of what is being said. No one needs to lighten up but maybe a reality check would do......PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME TO HAVE FUN WITH THEIR FRIENDS NOT GET SH*T THROWN AT THEM FROM PUGS!!! So if you find this matter funny get a life and grow up, the whole point for this merger was to have larger populations on servers making it easier to find a group. Now I personally PUG as little as possible but I feel bad for those who were excited about this merger making it way easier to find a group then get **** like this said to them. If it was a joke fine, but please know obviously it wasn't that funny.

Now you guys can continue to post but expect no more comments from me because most of you are hopeless.

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Well obviously this post is getting nowhere except the fact that original Mabar people know what to expect from Tinted Faces.

This is a matter of people feeling uncomfortable in a group environment because of what is being said. No one needs to lighten up but maybe a reality check would do......PEOPLE PLAY THIS GAME TO HAVE FUN WITH THEIR FRIENDS NOT GET SH*T THROWN AT THEM FROM PUGS!!! So if you find this matter funny get a life and grow up, the whole point for this merger was to have larger populations on servers making it easier to find a group. Now I personally PUG as little as possible but I feel bad for those who were excited about this merger making it way easier to find a group then get **** like this said to them. If it was a joke fine, but please know obviously it wasn't that funny.

Now you guys can continue to post but expect no more comments from me because most of you are hopeless.

If somebody feels uncomfortable because of something that small and inconsequential, said on a VIDEO GAME, they seriously need to get outside and have a few beers at the tavern. The REAL LIFE tavern.

And yes, original Mabar's should know to expect sarcasm, jokes, facetiousness, and murder from the Tinted Faces. And don't worry, we don't have anything against Mabarians, but Canadien Mabarians...that's a different story.

alchilito
08-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Asp this whole discussion about comprehending or enjoying TF humor is getting old. I understand you need stuff to do when you run out of content and anything that takes away the staleness ddo is currently giving seasoned players is most welcome. But Magatha here is simply asking for people to stand up and ask their respective guilds to be polite and respectful to our new denizens of Argo. Is that too much to ask ?

Best regards.

Rickpa
08-08-2007, 11:49 AM
I have no problem with tinted facetiousness. Tinted feces is another matter. :eek:

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 11:53 AM
Asp this whole discussion about comprehending or enjoying TF humor is getting old. I understand you need stuff to do when you run out of content and anything that takes away the staleness ddo is currently giving seasoned players is most welcome. But Magatha here is simply asking for people to stand up and ask their respective guilds to be polite and respectful to our new denizens of Argo. Is that too much to ask ?

Best regards.

I'm not really trying to justify our humor, I'm pointing out that this seems like an overreaction to a situation where there really wasn't a problem. I mean, did the cleric REALLY not heal him? I'm betting he did, most clerics aren't paying that close of attention to who their hitting with cures, they just heal whoever is low.

Taldrok
08-08-2007, 01:20 PM
As a senior Tinted Faces officer, I hereby order all Tinted Faces to be nice to Mabarians.

Do not run headlong into mobs, make sure you do it in a zig-zag pattern.

/clap and /cheer when they cloudkill and firewall through walls and doors.

If you are a cleric, make sure to heal the Mabarians first.

Hold hands at all times in a dungeon.

Wait before entering a quest until the Mabarian says he is ready.

Make sure to listen to your Mabarian and follow his tactical suggestions. Mabarians get quite upset when they are not listened to.

Do not laugh over voice chat. Mabarians can be sensitive to the sounds of laughter, as it is rare for them and we do not want to startle or disturb them.

Violators will be punished.

(My apologies to any Mabarians not named Magatha and Derkhyven)

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Violators will be sent to Canada.

Fixed that for you, buddy :)

Rameses
08-08-2007, 01:35 PM
/emote Rameses sulks...
(Guild): [Guild] But what about grease? Can't I still grease the traps and fight scenes?
(Guild): Taldrok says, No! I've spoken. We can not afford to lose our honored Mabarian guests. Only grease ledges over lava pools.
/emote Rameses snickers...

I am, Rameses!

Vengenance
08-08-2007, 02:00 PM
If somebody feels uncomfortable because of something that small and inconsequential, said on a VIDEO GAME, they seriously need to get outside and have a few beers at the tavern. The REAL LIFE tavern.

And yes, original Mabar's should know to expect sarcasm, jokes, facetiousness, and murder from the Tinted Faces. And don't worry, we don't have anything against Mabarians, but Canadien Mabarians...that's a different story.

Hell, Mabarains are treated better than guild members, except halflings cause their just creepy. Killing someone with grease is something to be proud of in the Faces.

My favorite quote just after I greased the ledge in Tempest Spine, "God dammit who greased the %&^% ledge." <Snickers to myself>

alchilito
08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Some of the repetitive flaming created in a sort of cynic jest has become untolerable. I had forgotten about the no aum and no canadian lfms I have seen even before the merge, but reading this thread just brought it back. I am adding some undesirable faces to my ignore list.

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Some of the repetitive flaming created in a sort of cynic jest has become untolerable. I had forgotten about the no aum and no canadian lfms I have seen even before the merge, but reading this thread just brought it back. I am adding some undesirable faces to my ignore list.

I honestly don't know how this thread became about us anyway. I was just pointing out that this whole situation arose from a joke that wasn't received well. IMO that is not the fault of the joker, but the jokee. If somebody can't take a joke, then do they even have fun playing DDO?

Aspenor
08-08-2007, 03:13 PM
My obvious point is, this sort of thing isn't a problem until somebody turns it into a problem. Let it roll and ignore it, and hey look, no problems. Take it personally.....and well....you see where it goes.

I mean heck if I made a blog post every time somebody cracked a joke at my expense I'd have about 3 copies of "War and Peace."

Yaga_Nub
08-08-2007, 03:15 PM
I honestly don't know how this thread became about us anyway. I was just pointing out that this whole situation arose from a joke that wasn't received well. IMO that is not the fault of the joker, but the jokee. If somebody can't take a joke, then do they even have fun playing DDO?

Asp,

Let me start off with my normal opening - F Argo!

You're missing the point, if the joke is supposed to be a mutual joke then the jokee has to be able to laugh about it as well (after a few minutes of embarrassment of course) otherwise it isn't a mutual joke. If it wasn't a mutual joke then it was meant only for a few which means it was a joke at someone's expense, which some think is mean. I of course think it's a reason to rip someone's head off and s**t down the rest of his/her guildies throats but that's just me, I like to escalate things.

As for you Ramses, I'm now switching out feats so I can get enlarge as well so I can always be the first to throw grease down when I see you approaching! :)

Levit
08-08-2007, 04:04 PM
To the Tinted Faces. Four things I've learned about you guys from your posts.

1. Cynical
2. You believe DDO is a game and if not joking around it can't be fun.
3. Anyone who takes the game seriously has issues.
4. You guys articulate your points well

I hope the following I say maybe explains why the OP is frustrated and upset. Everyone understands that DDO is a game and there is time for light-hearteness and good natured ribbing. Lord knows, RL can be serious and this game is an escape for a lot of us. But that does not make the OP's point non-valid or a non-issue. To degrade it with cynicism is boorish and rude.

To grant Real Life perspective.

Basketball is a game. Alot of people use it as a diversion from RL stress. Like DDO, their are some people who play basketball all the time and others that only get one night out to shoot hoops. Now, if you screw around on the basketball court when things are serious you are liable to catch grief from your team. Refuse to pass to an open guy a few times and you may find that you don't get as many touches. No Duh, basketball is a game, but there are times to be serious, just like in DDO.

Personally, if I was playing basketball with a guy like you, and you told me to "get a life" or "c'mon, take a joke" when the game was serious, you may find a few hard picks sent your way. Sort of like greasing a ledge in DDO, except you may miss a few teeth after my pick.

So, what I gather is that the OP is serious about playing this game. Maybe her time is important to her so when she uses it to play DDO she doesn't want to be messed with. All she is asking is that if you have some influence with your guild and know that they are purposely taking enjoyment from the game away from people (joking around or not) then tell them to back off a little.

By the way, you guys do sound like a fun group to run with. I hope to meet a few your guildees in game, especially with 2,4 or 8 beers in me, that would be a hoot!

Rameses
08-08-2007, 04:21 PM
To the Tinted Faces. Four things I've learned about you guys from your posts.

1. Cynical
2. You believe DDO is a game and if not joking around it can't be fun.
3. Anyone who takes the game seriously has issues.
4. You guys articulate your points well

I hope the following I say maybe explains why the OP is frustrated and upset. Everyone understands that DDO is a game and there is time for light-hearteness and good natured ribbing. Lord knows, RL can be serious and this game is an escape for a lot of us. But that does not make the OP's point non-valid or a non-issue. To degrade it with cynicism is boorish and rude.

Basketball is a game. Alot of people use it as a diversion from RL stress. Like DDO, their are some people who play basketball all the time and others that only get one night out to shoot hoops. Now, if you screw around on the basketball court when things are serious you are liable to catch grief from your team. Refuse to pass to an open guy a few times and you may find that you don't get as many touches. No Duh, basketball is a game, but there are times to be serious, just like in DDO.

Personally, if I was playing basketball with a guy like you, and you told me to "get a life" or "c'mon, take a joke" when the game was serious, you may find a few hard picks sent your way. Sort of like greasing a ledge in DDO, except you may miss a few teeth after my pick.

So, what I gather is that the OP is serious about playing this game. Maybe her time is important to her so when she uses it to play DDO she doesn't want to be messed with. All she is asking is that if you have some influence with your guild and know that they are purposely taking enjoyment from the game away from people (joking around or not) then tell them to back off a little.

By the way, you guys do sound like a fun group to run with. I hope to meet a few your guildees in game, especially with 2,4 or 8 beers in me, that would be a hoot!

:D :eek: :p

Taldrok
08-08-2007, 04:51 PM
I would suggest that the OP learn some PUG survival skills, grow a thicker skin, or be more selective in who they quest with.

One of the great things about being on such a large server is that it's very easy to cultivate a guild or friend's list of people that you enjoy playing with. I doubt whoever pranked the OP was a Tinted Face, it's rare to find us in a PUG because 95% of the time we're in full guild groups.

Regardless, if you're in a PUG - you should realize that not everyone is going to listen to you, heal you, fight the way you want them too, or give you time to get off your cloudkill and summon a celestial dog. If you're the type that needs to run and spend an Action Point every time you rank, don't expect 5 strangers to wait in front of the entrance for you. Proceeding with the quest isn't rude of them - it's rude of you to expect them to wait. Live and let live - and enjoy playing and letting others enjoy playing. If you can't hack diversity in people's play styles - then form a guild and recruit the people that play the way you want them to.

On a side note,

Being a Tinted Face isn't about being uber or elite - I've booted multiple players from the guild who thought they we're guaranteed a spot because they had minmaxed power toons or 5 million plat. It's got nothing to with that. People become Faces and stay Faces because they are light-hearted, generous, guild-oriented, and easy-going about how others play or act. We are an elite guild because we've been lucky to attract very good players who help others, and we take care of our own. Eliteness breeds eliteness.

Levit
08-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Eliteness breed eliteness!!!!!!

What drivel.

Also, were you responding to the OP or busy blowing your own horn?

95% of the time you are in full guild groups? Did you do extensive research before coming up with that number? I sure hope you are not the "brains" behind Tinted Faces!

Also, if the above number is correct and you are talking about eliteness breeding eliteness, is that inbreeding? Just wondering?:D

Oh, and I am sure the OP was truely enlightened by your helpful thoughts and musings.

Magatha
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
OK So I know I said I was done posting to this thread but enough is enough.

I thank all those people who have sent me very nice words through PMs but a mountain has grown out of this little simple mole hill. The "jokes" that had happened DID NOT HAPPEN TO ME but to very good friends of mine, all I was doing was stepping up to say enough is enough and hoped that others would say the same...I didn't think we wanted to be like Theanis and Xoriat.

Now to respond to Tinted F**kFaces; I am so glad that so many sarcastic, facetious people found each other and created a guild and I am sorry that I made you feel the need to defend your childish ways. However making fun or bashing Canadians is going just a little to far. My friends can make fun of me aboot the way I speak or even that I might live in an igloo with no phone...but you are not my friend so I take this personal.

Everyone should come onto DDO to have fun you are right about that but I also would like to get a SPIT emote approved and find you bunch of jack a**es in game and show you how much fun I can have, hey and maybe even make a movie of you guys bowing to the Canadian flag.

I will say one thing that you may repeat is that Canada produces the best B*TCHES!! and maybe that is one reason I am so proud.

your truly; the Best Canadian B*tch around
-Mags

Taldrok
08-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Here you go Magatha:

http://llbbl.com/data/RPG-motivational/target232.html

DaveyCrockett
08-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Let it die girls, let it die..

Allorious
08-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Lastly... remember when pointing the finger of death at someone, there is always a few pointing right back at you.

Hey Ramz, leave my finger out of this!! :cool:

To quote Darkrage, God Damn you Yyrm. I hate you Allorious.

Neferi
08-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't have anything useful to contribute, but Levit's post was really funny :D

Yaga_Nub
08-08-2007, 06:58 PM
I don't have anything useful to contribute, but Levit's post was really funny :D

I like that he used the word, "drivel." You really don't find much use for that word so I'm sure, if it could speak to us, it say how much it appreciates the work out.

Levit
08-08-2007, 07:44 PM
When not playing DDO and defending breautiful Canadian damsels in distress I am often found in tea parties with my friends. While sipping tea British style (left handed and pinkie extended) I often tell stories about what I read on the message boards.

I often remark how a certain guild of agronots often used the term "eliteness" when on their mother's computer in their parent's basement. To a man, the tea party, in unison, often says "what drivel".

The term is not dead, it is often used in "polite society" just not often when slumming on the message boards.

Now, F the F off you mother F'ers! :D

Love ya all and lets just all get along

Magatha
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM
When not playing DDO and defending breautiful Canadian damsels in distress I am often found in tea parties with my friends. While sipping tea British style (left handed and pinkie extended) I often tell stories about what I read on the message boards.

I often remark how a certain guild of agronots often used the term "eliteness" when on their mother's computer in their parent's basement. To a man, the tea party, in unison, often says "what drivel".

The term is not dead, it is often used in "polite society" just not often when slumming on the message boards.

Now, F the F off you mother F'ers! :D

Love ya all and lets just all get along

Have I told you how much I love you lately ;)

Magatha
08-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, but like most men I am shallow, self-centered and need constant reaffirmations of affection. So, keep the lovin comin!:eek:

Alrighty then just don't tell Yak lol

Levit
08-08-2007, 07:51 PM
Have I told you how much I love you lately ;)

Yes, but like most men I am shallow, self-centered and need constant reaffirmations of affection. So, keep the lovin comin!:eek:

Magatha
08-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Man they messed our postings up a bit eh :(

alchilito
08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
I would whip out the greater reptile bane i hear a yark in the background

aargos
08-08-2007, 08:26 PM
As a senior Tinted Faces officer, I hereby order all Tinted Faces to be nice to Mabarians.

Do not run headlong into mobs, make sure you do it in a zig-zag pattern.

/clap and /cheer when they cloudkill and firewall through walls and doors.

If you are a cleric, make sure to heal the Mabarians first.

Hold hands at all times in a dungeon.

Wait before entering a quest until the Mabarian says he is ready.

Make sure to listen to your Mabarian and follow his tactical suggestions. Mabarians get quite upset when they are not listened to.

Do not laugh over voice chat. Mabarians can be sensitive to the sounds of laughter, as it is rare for them and we do not want to startle or disturb them.

Violators will be punished.

/clap
/cheer
/laugh

Is there a hold hands emote that I've missed

Natalae
08-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Magatha, my you are a fiery one ;)

And about the Canadian hotties....why else do u think the polar ice cap is melting.

LewsTherin
08-08-2007, 11:26 PM
I love reading the forums. Anyone else agree?

Palladin
08-09-2007, 05:11 AM
Ahhh learning the ways of argo. I'll give you some quik pointers. Don't judge TF by the ones who are the constant posters. There are a lot of TF's who are great to party with. So don't judge em all on the actions of a few. Just do what the rest of argo does ignore the ones you don't like cause they can't stand being ignored. Kinda like lil children do. Feeding their ways only inspires them more. And to to everyone who came from mabar in the server merge welcome and I look forward to partying with you in the future.

CSFurious
08-09-2007, 05:37 AM
aye, it made me laugh

we are all citizens of argo now

let's have fun

aargos
08-09-2007, 06:01 AM

Better than most other free forms of entertainment available.

PhoenixFire31
08-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Man they messed our postings up a bit eh :(

Don't be sad!! That is your first Ninja! You are no longer a Ninja virgin. Let the Ninjaing continue! I my self can Ninja the Master (Ziggy) on a good day. :D

Aspenor
08-09-2007, 07:04 AM
aye, it made me laugh

let's have fun

Agreed. That's the entire purpose of the game.

How on earth did this become about my guild anyway? Just because I use our joking as an example?? The OP even said it was multiple guilds and no guild in particular.

I really don't understand how my telling somebody to calm down and take a joke has any link to my guild at all, but whatever. The Faces above have already expressed as much as I can on the topic.

Aspenor
08-09-2007, 07:08 AM
Ahhh learning the ways of argo. I'll give you some quik pointers. Don't judge TF by the ones who are the constant posters. There are a lot of TF's who are great to party with. So don't judge em all on the actions of a few. Just do what the rest of argo does ignore the ones you don't like cause they can't stand being ignored. Kinda like lil children do. Feeding their ways only inspires them more. And to to everyone who came from mabar in the server merge welcome and I look forward to partying with you in the future.

As do I, and all the rest of my guild.

btw- I would love to be ignored. I'd like it if anybody could read what I said and just take it at face value. Apparently that's not what people around here do, however.

Aspenor
08-09-2007, 07:33 AM

Well if it was a basketball game (a competitive game) then it's a different "game" altogether. Basketball /= a video game. There is nothing real about a video game, except apparently the unnecessary emotions people attach to things that happen while they play it. My posts have been nothing less than an attempt to help a person recognize that nobody has been wronged. In my general experience, MMO'rs have notoriously high sensitivity and exceedingly short tempers. They also don't like it when people have different opinions.

I just don't see this as a big deal, and apparently I am conceited, or mean, or something (I don't know what) according to the people that see this as a major problem. THERE IS NO FREAKING PROBLEM!!! Get over it and just enjoy playing the game (not you individually levit). The only thing that prevents a person from enjoying every moment of their gametime is themself.

btw to the OP, if you can't see the fact that the Canada remarks were ALSO a joke.....well....my point has just been made. :cool:

alchilito
08-09-2007, 08:28 AM

Agreed. I also gotta hand out props to Mags - take no prisoners !

I think Darkrage is really the mastermind letting his forum trolls be "free". Can't wait for next tuesday... Ugonnadie Biggsexy !!!

Allorious
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
and apparently I am conceited, or mean, or something (I don't know what)

can I add to this list?? LMAO :rolleyes:

Rameses
08-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Agreed. I also gotta hand out props to Mags - take no prisoners !

I think Darkrage is really the mastermind letting his forum trolls be "free". Can't wait for next tuesday... Ugonnadie Biggsexy !!!

Speaking of trolling and bandwagon jumping.....

alchilito
08-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Speaking of trolling and bandwagon jumping.....

/bows before the master troll

Allorious
08-09-2007, 11:12 AM
/bows before the master troll

thats no troll, is a damn halfling

Yaga_Nub
08-09-2007, 11:15 AM

You may be a citizen of Argo but I'm F'ing royalty and as such I will be addressed properly and you must use words like "drivel" when addressing me. Additionally, you may not look directly at my personage unless you want swift punishment that includes grease and fuzzy bunnies amoung other horrors. Finally, all persons that actually try to speak with me must of course best me in the highest form of personal combat, the eating contest, before any response will be given.

LORD Yaga of Argonnessen has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done!

Tavok
08-09-2007, 01:46 PM
You may be a citizen of Argo but I'm F'ing royalty and as such I will be addressed properly and you must use words like "drivel" when addressing me. Additionally, you may not look directly at my personage unless you want swift punishment that includes grease and fuzzy bunnies amoung other horrors. Finally, all persons that actually try to speak with me must of course best me in the highest form of personal combat, the eating contest, before any response will be given.

LORD Yaga of Argonnessen has spoken, so let it be written, so let it be done!

Noob.

Talson
08-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Well PM me a list of the ones you can tolerate and those to avoid ;) ... My perference would be to avoid grouping with those who find it fun to grease others into traps, DD chests, etc... My college roomate gave me the knickname of spiteful bastid :D which describes me well. I'm stubborn and I hold grudges so I don't see myself and TF mixing well.

Take it easy
Tal

Madmardigan
08-09-2007, 11:15 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/Danfd/seriousbusiness.jpg

that is all

edit, Canada has a lot of hot brunettes, so it can't be all that bad.

JUJAMAKILL
08-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Take a passive stance - example.

I get wild at my guildie caster who looooves to pk mobs just as my tank starts swinging at them (usually after Ive run 100 feet to get to it).

And then chuckles to himself (lol you know who you are Juj :P)

My response to this after 10 months of it is to sit down, say in Tharask Arena, seathe weapons, and sit back and enjoy the show.

Just like watching a DDO movie........

sorry bammy, i thought ur tubby lil dwarf could use all the exercise he could get :)

Rameses
08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n249/Danfd/seriousbusiness.jpg

that is all

edit, Canada has a lot of hot brunettes, so it can't be all that bad.

*cough*eskimo*cough*

Rameses
08-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Well PM me a list of the ones you can tolerate and those to avoid ;) ... My perference would be to avoid grouping with those who find it fun to grease others into traps, DD chests, etc... My college roomate gave me the knickname of spiteful bastid :D which describes me well. I'm stubborn and I hold grudges so I don't see myself and TF mixing well.

Take it easy
Tal

/raises hand

Write all my alts down :p

I am, Rameses!

ArkoHighStar
08-10-2007, 10:49 AM
/raises hand

I am, Rameses!

I was waiting for grease in the crucible never got it I was disappointed

Rameses
08-10-2007, 11:09 AM

It can't be obvious... it's a game in that too... is he gonna do it?

:p

Talson
08-10-2007, 11:14 AM
/raises hand

I am, Rameses!

Yeah after reading the majority of your guilds posts I figure I'll avoid groups with TF members myself. The thought of dropping pilars early or a symbol of persuation on the warforged during a raid is already sounding very tempting....

Take it easy
-Tal

Rameses
08-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Yeah after reading the majority of your guilds posts I figure I'll avoid groups with TF members myself. The thought of dropping pilars early or a symbol of persuation on the warforged during a raid is already sounding very tempting....

Take it easy
-Tal

Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

Aspenor
08-10-2007, 11:54 AM

Take it easy
-Tal

No worries, Tal!! No offense to you, but it's highly doubtful that you'd find yourself in a TF TF raid (that's right, I said it). Not because of you or anything, but because we don't bring non-guildies into the Forge. I don't think we ever have since a pair of them ruined a run by taking the wrong color.

Allorious
08-10-2007, 12:36 PM
It can't be obvious... it's a game in that too... is he gonna do it?

Yeah, we told rage noone had evasion so he opened the trapped door looking for the horn...as he went to jump back he got hit by 5 shots of grease...no more rage, lmao.

Yaga_Nub
08-10-2007, 12:38 PM

eeeewwwwww

that just doesn't sound like something you should be discussing on the forums

bandyman1
08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
eeeewwwwww

that just doesn't sound like something you should be discussing on the forums

lol, was waiting for it.

Good afternoon Lord Yaga :D

Giantsbane