PDA

View Full Version : What 7 weaponsets would you use for a TWF?

Dariuss
08-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm currently leveling up my TWF ranger, and I'm giving some thought to my weapon sets.

I'd like to figure out the 7 best sets to have ready, so I don't have to spend tooo much time manually swapping out.

At this point I've decided on:

Slot 1: Two Muckbanes
Slot 2: Bludgeoning: A Holy of Pure Good and a Ghost Touch of Undead Bane
Slot 3: 2 Flaming Burst Slashers of Pure Good

The rest will be slashers for me.

What do oyu guys think the best combos would be?

Just for effects, not thinking about weapong type here.

Draclaud
08-07-2007, 02:29 PM
2 Flaming Burst Khopeshes
1 Smiter & 1 Cursespewer Kukri/Scimitar
1 Disruptor and 1 Cursespewer 2 Light Hammers
2 Ghost Touched Kukri/Khopesh
2 Icy Burst Kukri/Khopesh
2 Transmuters Kurki/Khopesh
1 Paralyzing Handaxe 1 Vorpal Khopesh

Wulf_Ratbane
08-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Just worry about what you want in your off-hand, since it's not easily swappable; and fill another hotbar with every other main hand weapon type you could want (including all your off-hand options, in case you want them in your main hand).

1) Two muckbanes.

2) Destruction (or cursespewer, or other support mod) in off-hand

3) Seeker off-hand

4) Weighted off-hand

5) Quest-specific setup (for example, if you know you are running Cabal, fill this slot with an anarchic+goblin bane combo, or the undead combo you listed).

I've also hot-keyed Weighted and Vertigo to two of my mouse buttons, so that those two weapon types can be quickly switched in mid-combat without having to go hunting on the toolbars.

arcane_nite
08-08-2007, 08:14 AM
1) curse spewer / sirocco - effective up to around level 12
2) holy light mace / adoryns malice - end boss POP
3) para dagger / vorp sickle - my default
4) keen punc rapiers - reavers / eles
5) holy burst of good - red named
6) holy of good - red named
7) 5% weighted - for giants in the tor who are immune to everything

These are some I use with my ranger.

Schmackdown
08-08-2007, 08:52 AM
I won't bother going through the sets I use on my TWF bard, but take heed of Wulf's mention that you really only need those seven spots filled with offhand items and a good primary hand weapon to go with them- you can rotate around the offhand weapon with a simple switch rather than use a whole combo slot. An offhand paralyzer is nice for this, as is a good crippling SS of destruction or simple cursespewer. I use a cheap magi club in one of my weapon sets, and swap to it for the free 100SP for buffs after zoning in or resting- I can change to a scroll or wand during the buff sequence without losing the bonus.

I have five sets "fixed", with two rotating depending on the zone. Usually they get populated with the appropriate greater bane weapons or power 5's.

Quick Draw is a must-have for TWFers IMO.

Malkir
08-10-2007, 10:27 AM
cursespewer/para
damage reduction/damage reduction (adamantium or transmuting)
banisher/para
banisher/greater elemental bane
para/shield
muckbane/muckbane

Cursespewing works great with paralyzing/banishing/smiting/disruption because cursespewing hits all the time and it'll help the saves for the other weapons.

Snike
08-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Wounding Rapier of Puncturing / Wounding Shortsword of Puncturing

Hokonoso
08-22-2007, 01:25 PM
1. smiter/seeker combo
2. vorpol/seeker combo (unless you are a fighter and you don't need seeker)
3. banisher/seeker combo
4. transmuting of everbrightx2 combo for slimes/rust (muckbane are so last year) (edit: I actually use para/cursepewer combo here as I just do not fight slimes/rust ever)
5. wounding/puncturingx2 dps combo (main set)
6. +5burst/good x2 combo for boss fights
7. ghost touch of disruptor x2 combo

That's pretty much my combo as a rogue as I need seeker weapons to insure my crits crit, I'm sure if I were a fighter I'd use the same setup but have 2 smiters/vorpols/banishers instead.

Dworkin_of_Amber
08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
I have a Piercing Specced Ranger, but I'll take a shot here:

1) Wounding / Wounding
2) Puncturing / Puncturing
3) Curespewing / Destruction
4) Holy Blunt / Holy Blunt
5) Muckbane / Muckbane
6) Elemental Burst / Elemental Burst (Usually a Flaming Set)
7) Giant Stalker Knife / Giant Stalker Knife

I don't have any Power 5 for this guy (I gave them all to my Paladins instead)... but I would replace the Wounding set with Paralyzer/Paralyzer if I had them! I would value that more than double-vorpal, personally.

And let me tell you, with Giant as Favored Enemy, FE Damage 2, FE Attack 2, and double Giant Stalker Knives.... I do some fricking SICK damage to Giants (includes Trolls and Ogres too!)... I can't remember the last time I saw a Troll even have a Chance to regenerate!

redraider
08-22-2007, 02:50 PM
I am a big fan of the burst/seeker +10 combo and fab5/seeker combo. The fighter +4 confirm feat helps, but a +10 seeker simply doesn't miss crits. If only I could find a way to weild the sword of shadows and a +10 seeker at the same time...

Nataichal
08-27-2007, 10:54 PM
I have 3 dual wielding characters, so some of these sets vary, some dont.

Wounding of Puncturing Set (primary) OR Wounding Set (not primary)
Vorpal/Paralyzer Set
Holy Burst Rapier/SS Set (primary)
Icy burst Rapier Set
Shocking Burst Rapier Set (Resisted Rarely)
Greater Giant Bane Set
Disruptor blunt set
Banishing SS set
+5 Transmuter Set
High+ to hit set OR High +to hit w/shield. I like having at least 1 shield set when needed.
Paralyzing Rapier/ Seeker +10 Shortsword set. Most people say their biggest complaint about paralyzers is they do no damage. with a high crit set and a seeker +10, this will possibly double the DPS.

Things I wouldn't bother wasting a set on:
Flaming Burst (used too rarely/too many resist)

Any type of Greater Bane except Undead, Giant, Evil Outsider. Even the Evil Outsider set is sort of doubling over the Holy Bursts. That INCLUDES not bothering with an ooze set. These three you encounter often; Oozes mostly disappear after threnal and VON.

More than one combo with the same offhand weapon. You can click to one combo and select the different single weapon easily.

Roguewiz
08-28-2007, 01:23 PM
What I am using:

2 Wounders Set (+3 and +4)
2 Adamantine Shortswords Set (+4 and +5)
2 Paralyzers Set (+2 and +1)
1 Paralyzer / 1 Banisher Set (+2 and +1)
1 Disrupter / 1 Greater Undead Bane Set (+1 and +2)
+5 Flaming Light Pick of Backstabbing / Green Blade

May "favorite" combo on most missions, is
+4 True Law Rapier of Pure Good / +4 True Law Light Mace of Pure Good. (Mainly because of the spam of numbers I see due to the damage of the weapon and my sneak attack)

narizue
08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
1) Holy burst puncturing rapier/Holy punturing rapier
2) Curspewing pure good light mace/paralyzing light mace
3) Curspewing pure good light mace/banishing short sword
4) Curspewing pure good light mace/disrupting light mace
5) Vorpal longsword/paralyzing light mace
6) Adoryns Malice/Adoryns Malice
7) Muckbane/muckbane

Aleksius
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
At work now, if I never recall wrongly:

Tenderizer/Flaming Light Mace of Vertigo +10
Vorpal Scimitar/Vorpal Kukri
Para Warhammer of Weighted/Vorpal Kukri
Ghost Touch Scimi of PG/Disruptor Light Mace of PG
Treason/Green Blade (for vanity :P)
Banisher/Banisher
Sirroco/Para Light Mace

And many slots for quick swapping to +5 Mith Tower Shield & Grtr banes/smiters/paras/disruptors/vorpals mainhanders

daniel7
09-01-2007, 08:44 AM
I think that if i ever made another pure rogue(which I probably wont) i would make a twf and simply have treason in the off hand and greater bane the other, and of course a couple more weopon sets for things that you cant sneak attack(this includes soloing since you cant really pass off aggro if you are the only one there).

jaitee
09-04-2007, 02:16 AM
i use..

set: wounding of puncturing ..........rapiers
set: 2 disruptors............ rapier/handaxe
set: 2 vorpals ...........handaxe/handaxe
set: 2 smiters .........rapier/shortsword
set: 2 paralyzers ...........rapier/shortsword
set: 2 greater gaint bane .........rapier/shortsword
set: 2 burst of puregood(only have icy burst/holy burst sets.............rapier/rapier

smodge13
09-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Currently i use
2 +5 seeker rapiers of puncturing
2 +1 crippling rapiers
2 +1 cursespewers (ones a mace other is a dagger)
2 elemental greater giant banes (i scale hunt)
2 elementa greater dragon banes (once again for scale hunting)
2 muckbanes (naturally)
a +1 icy burst shortsword of enfeebling and a +1 flaming burst shortsword of enfeebling (i just like the theme behind it wielding fire/ice to steal str)

Snike
09-04-2007, 11:31 PM
I have too many weapons. So I use my weapon sets specificly for swapping off-hand weapons. And still use the old way of swapping main hand.

Tequila
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
Do you use the weapon finesse feat along with your TWF? That can make a difference in the weapons you choose to use.

Dariuss
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Do you use the weapon finesse feat along with your TWF? That can make a difference in the weapons you choose to use.

Well personally, no.

But I was thinking more for what effects people like to use, and in what combinations.

I know there's a couple that are peircing or slashing only, but most effects should be interchangable I think.

A new combo I am trying: I have an Acid of Righteousness/Acid of Backstabbing combo going now that is just awesome.

QuantumFX
09-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Something else you may want to consider is to hot key one of your weaponsets. It speeds up your switchout speeds dramatically. I currently use the G key for my main weaponset. Since you're TWFighting you may want to consider G and H for your main sets and hotkeying your shield to B. What's cool is you can just copy your weaponset from your inventory to your toolbar and customize your weaponsets based on need.

spyderwolf
09-10-2007, 11:41 AM
weapon set 1: 2 w/p rapiers
weapon set 2: 2 banishing rapeirs
weapon set 3: smiting rapier and smiting scimmy
weapon set 4: heavy mace and light mace of disruption
weapon set 5: ghost touch heavy pick and ghost touch dagger of disruption
weapon set 6: flaming burst scimmy of parrying and +5 mithral tower
shield for when i need a 58 ac
weapon set 7: 2 muckbanes

Helmet
09-18-2007, 10:37 AM
nothing but greater banes.

Kambuk
09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
Current Favorite combo
Cursespewing ShortSword of Puncturing/Paralizing Dagger of Pure Good

On my Rogue1/Ranger13 Finesse Build with improved crit Piercing.

kambuk

Allice
09-19-2007, 04:45 AM
I know this is a stupid question but what is a TWF?

Edit: NM i figured it out * smacks her head* two weopon fighter.....

shane1122
09-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Interesting to see what others are using as combos. These are my TWF combos for a 14th lvl Ranger with Weapon finesse:
1) Giant Stalker/Giant Stalker (Giant fav enemy) Very high kill counts in Tor with Fighters always asking, "What are you using!"
2) Dual flaming burst weapons of tendon slice
3) Dual Icy burst of tendon slice
4) +4 Ghost Touch of Pure Good/Sunsword (undead combo, also have undead fav enemy)
5) Holy cursespewing rapier of shattermantle/ paralyzer dagger (General combat support for a party with good tanks/casters. Knock down their saves with curses and shattermantle for the casters and paralyze them so the tanks can take them out.)
6) Paralyzer/ greater bane weapon (e.g. greater gnoll bane in the desert). The paralyzer/greater bane is a very sharp combo, esp if you solo a lot.
7) Free space set up depending on quest. e.g. a smiter combo or dual chaos or law weapons

If I had the items, I would trade the Sunsword for a disruptor and the Giant Stalker knives for a pair of Ancient Vulkoorim daggers.
-Shane

Jomee
09-23-2007, 06:24 PM
These are always locked in weapon sets

1) Duel Vorpal Kopesh
2) Duel Wounding of puncture
3) Shocking burst Kopesh/Holy burst kopesh
4) Duel Mucks
5) Duel Smiters

Others sets change to greater banes as needed for quest

(Still looking for another disruptor to duel wield on this toon and not short my other toon)