PDA

View Full Version : Another Different Tactics Thread

Inkblack
08-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Here are the ones I've run into. What do you do?

1) Prison of the Planes
a) Feather fall down when the ramps disappear
b) Stand against the wall
c) Stand outside the blue

2) Stormreaver
a) Put someone on the lever
b) don't, tank him and beat him down
c) Hang out on the ledge

3) Threnal West 2, Returning the Trapped Guy
a) Get him, loot the chest, bring him back, walk out the front door
b) Get him, bring him back, return, loot the chest, finish out

Here's what I'm used to:
1) c, stand outside the blue
2) b, don't
3) a, get him, loot, walk out the front door

Have you run across any other differences in tactics?

Ink

Litz
08-06-2007, 03:42 PM
I know you want to hear my opinion so I'll share it :rolleyes:

1=a
2=b
3=a

Not to much differances in the examples you mentioned, but one thing different since merger has been on PoP some people really want to do the rooms in a top down order instead of doing it from the bottom up. Wishful thinking I guess.

The lever trick will be nerfed I bet just a matter of time. If you rely on it to get loot hurry up. If you can't beat it toe to toe (in a few tries at least) than you need to head back to DQ. I've heard rumor of a new hidding spot that I will make public. There is a ledge in the roof area where the trenches go toward the center. If your by the North wall and when anti-gravity hits you can fall up to it and hang out of range of any damage until you want to come down. That one isn't really a exploit as much as its being smart. Still I bet the Devs will nerf it cause they want people to win one way only.

Threnal pfft FoD FTW

Vyr_Vandalous
08-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Ya.. Khyber people use tactics to the extreme...

We also assume that others use tactics.. when it doesnt happen we get frustrated.

I led a group the other day into madstone crater.. Our method was completely different than their's.

I said to them... "What do you want?" They said the faster the better... so i showed them our method.

Stoning the mino's.. then cursing them.. then vegging out till it was done...

Running past mobs,,, hitting the cave door.. ect..

Most of us here don't like busting our butts killing mobs for our loot when we can dart past them at warp speed.. The only issue is getting everyone else in the group on the same page so they don't die and so forth.. But it worked out well in this particular group. I was actually surprised that they never did this.. I have noticed Diff tactics which are very different.

hope to learn and teach equally from ya all and get on the same page at some point with the different methods of players here.

Cheers.

Conejo
08-06-2007, 06:59 PM
Running past mobs

why would you actively not kill everything in the way?
does Khyber send us little sissy girls with weak, puny muscles and crying? :p

wizzy_catt
08-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Ya.. Khyber people use tactics to the extreme...
har har...

Vyr_Vandalous
08-07-2007, 10:32 AM
why would you actively not kill everything in the way?
does Khyber send us little sissy girls with weak, puny muscles and crying? :p

dude.

Why kill what you can avoid? If you get the dungeon done quicker then you get your loot/treasure quicker and in turn get to run again and get even more treasure.

It's all about time management and loot/profit margin's.

Cheers.

Litz
08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
It's all about time management and loot/profit margin's.

Cheers.

If you keep dividing your loot by the profit you recieve from selling it you will end up less than you would if you just sold it. Nowonder you have to run through missions, you got to keep going quicker in order to keep up..

:D

Vyr_Vandalous
08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
If you keep dividing your loot by the profit you recieve from selling it you will end up less than you would if you just sold it. Nowonder you have to run through missions, you got to keep going quicker in order to keep up..

:D

LOL...

You revel in confusion? Point is... Time is money... time is loot...

I wasted 25 minutes the other day just waiting for people to get to the quest.... Another 15 minutes just getting there.. ect.. ect..

I dont have time for that ****.

People should know by now how to play their toon.. their job and so forth.

You knwo what.. Im tired of even trying..

You win man.. this is like launch.. same people.. same bad company.. same drama...

Dark_Helmet
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I know you want to hear my opinion so I'll share it :rolleyes:

Not to much differances in the examples you mentioned, but one thing different since merger has been on PoP some people really want to do the rooms in a top down order instead of doing it from the bottom up. Wishful thinking I guess.

The lever trick will be nerfed I bet just a matter of time. If you rely on it to get loot hurry up. If you can't beat it toe to toe (in a few tries at least) than you need to head back to DQ. I've heard rumor of a new hidding spot that I will make public. There is a ledge in the roof area where the trenches go toward the center. If your by the North wall and when anti-gravity hits you can fall up to it and hang out of range of any damage until you want to come down. That one isn't really a exploit as much as its being smart. Still I bet the Devs will nerf it cause they want people to win one way only.

Threnal pfft FoD FTW

One Pop Khyber method:
Whomever goes in just clears the path up.The lazy people eventually join as the rooms start to get done and grab key along way (if the clearing person didn't have a rogue level). Uber guy can also start doing rooms alone (haven't seen this for awhile as we all got lazy).

Pug method:
If buffs are low or you have a bard, start top down. Bard with optics mez's the mind flayers while others kill beholder (usally webbed and PKd). Otherwise I like to start Fire and work up and when you find the first chest then go top down as buffs are going to be lower.

As for Reaver,
One tanks Reaver and others get charge, then go over and hang in archway. Let single tank pretend he is uber (give him words of encouragement) and heal him as he attacks Reaver. Make sure to party hard (lots of disco balls). Banish the elementals who may knock him down.
Oops, forgot my Elite line: Get killed by reaver as you lag out whule trying to get static charge again (hear party laugh at you for dieing in reaver).

I don't like to solo, but I know several players who solo the quests so they can give better advice.

Oh yeah, use the mic to trade loot while questing... nothing else to do...

Vox
08-09-2007, 02:46 AM
LOL...

You revel in confusion? Point is... Time is money... time is loot...

I wasted 25 minutes the other day just waiting for people to get to the quest.... Another 15 minutes just getting there.. ect.. ect..

I dont have time for that ****.

People should know by now how to play their toon.. their job and so forth.

You knwo what.. Im tired of even trying..

You win man.. this is like launch.. same people.. same bad company.. same drama...

Dude... take a valium, relax... how many vorpals/paras/disrupt/banish/smiters do you have? if you answered with a number over 20 combined then you probably need to start selling your items for real cash... then you can really call this a job, and completely annihilate all fun that came in the box you bought... It's a game... the company's not bad, your perception is skewed.

Vox