PDA

View Full Version : Specific servers for various types of play? (RP, PvP, etc.)

Alasdair
08-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Hello,

I am on playing on the free trial and was wondering if there were specific servers for different play styles, like a RP preffered server, a PvP server, etc.

I enjoy RP and would like to maybe find a guild or hot spots that do some RP (this is DnD after all ;)

I started on Argonessen as it was the first on the list.

Thanks for the help.

Shoal
08-06-2007, 10:13 AM
I think Sarlona and Thelanis are known to be RP-friendly, but I found it difficult to find low-level players in the RP guilds. I think your best bet is to go to the "player coordination" portion of these forums and either join a dedicated group or post your own call for like-minded players.

Rason
08-06-2007, 11:19 PM
I think Sarlona and Thelanis are known to be RP-friendly, but I found it difficult to find low-level players in the RP guilds. I think your best bet is to go to the "player coordination" portion of these forums and either join a dedicated group or post your own call for like-minded players.

I'm about to have 3 level 1 characters on Sarlona, all of which I will gladly RP. We are friendly on Sarlona, all you have to do is RP in a tavern or have a chat with friendly people and you never know, we might chat back :) Look for Lightstorm Dragonslayers and we may have a few people to help you out at low levels.

Uska
08-06-2007, 11:22 PM
There is an unofficial rp server cant think of it's new name right now and as far as PVP well pvp isnt much more than a time killer here and there really isn't much to it(thank goodness) dnd really isn't much of a pvp type game. just go to one of the inns it takes place in and try it out if you wish.

Rason
08-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Infact, if needed, I don't mind adding people to my friends list and when I am on, I will see about grouping up with those who wish to. I am Australian so I may be on different hours with Americans but on weekends I am on a fair amount or Australian nights.

Just PM me with character names and I'll add you and throw you a tell when I see you in game. Or.. when I add my other two level 1 characters, you can add them.. feel free to add Yyelana as she is my character for a group I am starting up :)

tihocan
08-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Thelanis and Sarlona used to be the unofficial RP servers, but with the recent server merge I don't believe it makes much sense anymore.
I suggest you read Merlask's server guide: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=115531
Then check the guilds on various servers to find what you're after (not sure about other servers, but I compiled a - yet incomplete - list of Thelanis guilds here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116330