PDA

View Full Version : What the heck Khyber

Maldini
08-05-2007, 03:42 AM
I've never dreaded loading into instances before they merged Aundair into Khyber. This is insane.

Uska
08-05-2007, 03:45 AM
was just runnng quest myself and now stuck on load screen tried to relog and no help me so sad. tried another server and had np.

Lorichie
08-05-2007, 03:47 AM
same, currently switching toons....been five minutes plus from one to another, and still not loading....

RIch

Arj
08-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Phew, thought it was just me ;) Don't suppose we can fast track those optimisations for Khyber?

DaoMuck
08-05-2007, 11:07 AM
You aren't alone, the blue bar of death has happened to me multiple time. Usually takes a minute or so for it to start moving, once it does it flies and I'm in the instance.

It's not all that bad, in fact I have seen much worse. The anniversary +1 loot weekend on aundair was much, much worse. The blue bar of death took you 5-10 minutes to load into an instance followed by no group chat.

Litz
08-05-2007, 12:02 PM
Nah reason Maldini's comp is having problems is because its front side buss had to go pick him up from school.. (get it small buss pick you up?)

Seriously anyone have the problem of "Character still being saved" when they try to reconnect after the blue bar of death syndrome?

Vardak
08-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Welcome to Khyber!

FrodoCorleone
08-05-2007, 01:26 PM
same, currently switching toons....been five minutes plus from one to another, and still not loading....
I just exit and relaunch DDO.. it's faster :(

Strakeln
08-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, not too happy with the uber load times I've been seeing. And the occasional in-quest rubberbanding.

Conejo
08-05-2007, 05:22 PM
i have been load-locked no fewer than seven times in the past three days of playing after-merge. (didn't play yesterday, City of Heroes was having their welcome-back weekend).

Dark_Helmet
08-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Welcome to Khyber!

Now go home (j/k!)

Welcome to our world where we are used to it!

You learn that casters teleport to the hole and others don't logout in the Gianthold (where you come back in the heavy instance and have to change to one with less characters).

Don't kill your client when it is logging out or you could get the saving character data problem.

dakkon75
08-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Welcome to Khyber and your introduction to the Khyber curse. These things have been going on since opening weekend. There is not much you can do about it except complain that you didn't get your loot weekend like we did a little while ago. Why did Khyber get cursed, I don't know but I bet it has something to do with the name of the server, and it being the "butt" of the server group. Just my 2 cp :D

boldarblood
08-26-2007, 04:15 PM
I have had a whole lot less zoning/lag issues since latest optomization. Especially entering zones has been a lot better personally.

Emili
08-26-2007, 06:34 PM
I can always see the latency spike then the packette loss usually goes up to .12% and finally corrects itself. Sometimes the client will timeout waiting for the server response though.

Aranticus
08-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Yeah, not too happy with the uber load times I've been seeing. And the occasional in-quest rubberbanding.

yeap had that happened to me when i ran past a spinning trap, rubberbanded back in n then die. another thing i noticed is i manage to aviod traps only for me to move past them and then take damage miles away from it :mad:

DasLurch
08-26-2007, 09:28 PM
The difference is that the 2 SMALLER servers joined together with a larger one to make a GREAT BIG one or something. The funny thing is, for MOST people on Khyber from before the merge, things actually run smoother most of the time. I wish the load times were not as long (the one thing that has gotten worse, but the rubberbanding and lag outs are down now in my opinion compared to pre merge Khyber.

Aranticus
08-27-2007, 02:28 AM
The difference is that the 2 SMALLER servers joined together with a larger one to make a GREAT BIG one or something. The funny thing is, for MOST people on Khyber from before the merge, things actually run smoother most of the time. I wish the load times were not as long (the one thing that has gotten worse, but the rubberbanding and lag outs are down now in my opinion compared to pre merge Khyber.

so u mean that Khyber had 10-20 load screen problems? :cool:

Psyk0sisS
08-28-2007, 11:25 AM
Try using /logout if you're stuck in a loading screen. It'll pop you back to where you were loading from. You can then hit "yes" or "no" to log out instead of alt+F4 and possibly messing up the sync with server ( one time that took 4 days for Turbine to fix so I could log back in my server). You dont have to logout though, try zoning again if you want. Just a tip if you didn't know, has helped me and my guildies a few times since the server merge.