PDA

View Full Version : New Option on Character Select Screen: REROLL

Omega2K
08-04-2007, 12:17 PM
My request here will require a small amount of work for Turbine's Development Team but I will explain why it is needed shortly...

I request that a Button be added on the Character Select Screen for each Server so that we have the following Choices: Create, Delete, and REROLL. The Reroll Option should have a confirmation window like the Delete Option but instead of Deleting the Character (and potentially that Character Slot for those of us now in excess of 7 Characters on a given Server), it should return that Character to its initial state with no Experience, only standard starting equipment and potions, etc.. The Quest logs should all be reset and the Rerolled Character should have zero starting Favor.

Why should Turbine offer this? Because we have created an issue that may have been unforeseen during the Server Merge: the end of Permadeath (albeit an optional playstyle but something that has gotten more popular since there is no new endgame content for us to play with our higher level Characters). Let me elaborate... Many of my Guildmates in a Permadeath Guild now have more than 7 Characters... Three Servers of Characters were combined into one and many of us now have more than 7 important Characters to us which we do not plan to delete... So here is our predicament, if we die we delete our Characters but now they will be lost forever... They will not be replaced because we no longer retain the Character Slot for a Reroll. So attrition will set in and eventually the number of Permadeath Players will dwindle down to only a small group of people that have less than 7 Characters they truly care about... With the number of Permadeath Players at such a low level, Permadeath Play becomes more risky and people will die even faster - Snowball Effect.

Now if you are not a fan of Permadeath and do not support other people's desires to indulge in that past time, that is your perogative... However, please consider that, in the future, you may have more than 7 Characters that you care about in DDO... And Prestige Classes are released... Are you going to switch to another Server and run your Favor up so you can roll a 32-pt Build of your favorite Prestige Class? Are you going to buy a Second Account for DDO? Or will you want the option to REROLL one of your Characters so that it can be built into the Prestige Class of your dreams? How about in the near future when Monks and Druids are released? What will you do if you want to splash a few Levels of these new Classes yet you cannot turn back time and you cannot Delete your Character because you won't be able to Reroll...

Food for thought... Please support this idea so that we can show Turbine it would be a worthwhile investment of their time to create such an option for the successful future of DDO.

Thank you.

Harbinder
08-04-2007, 01:37 PM
No thanks. More content and fix the bugs please.

Dragonhyde
08-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Nice idea.

So basicly you are upset because in order to run permadeath you are having to delete down as you die to get under the cap? This would mean the loss of those character names.

Cowdenicus
08-04-2007, 02:19 PM
why not just ask for more slots. That is a heck of alot easier for Turbine to code, than a reroll option.

x=8 see done or
x =9 woot.

Mad_Bombardier
08-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Or, you could roll your PD chars on another server. That eliminates all temptation to pass down gear or coin. ;)

(Which you may have done already and now are combined, which truly sucks. But when you die, you can delete there and recreate on a new, new server.)

sigtrent
08-04-2007, 03:25 PM
Decent idea!

But I think Turbine is trying to keep a lid on the number of characters and they only allowed merged characters becaue they had no other viable choice. All the bonus characters I made I more or less was prepared to delete. Indeed I was thinking of making them perma-death since they pretty much had a pendulum over their heads called "monk"

Soul-Shaker
08-04-2007, 03:48 PM
The problem you will have here is people that took an initiative to create characters on other servers like 6 on all 3 just for the mules or toons in the future will now be able to reroll there up to about 20 toons for future toons like monks/druids/halforc and more then likely with 32 points or drow enabled since one of the toons probly have it.

Uska
08-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Bad idea with the merger will allow some people possibly more then 21 slots on a server and some people max 7 thats to big a diff.

Partymaker
08-04-2007, 04:47 PM
/SIGN!!

not particularly for the permadeath reason, which is still a good reason anyway..

But for people that had "real" toons (not mules) on more than one servers that merged are now doomed and can't reroll or they lose a toon permanently. Kinda unfair... I'm not saying this is Turbine fault either, I mean they did the merge to help everyone.

But this is just a big side effect that is gonna affect negatively a lot of people and they should now try to fix that problem.

There's a lot of server going down for the merge... I can't really believe they can't use anything from that to store the extra infos we now have cuz of mutiple characters.

C'mon Turbine, you can do it! :cool: