PDA

View Full Version : 5 min WARNING?

Hammerdrop
08-03-2007, 07:11 PM
OK Devs/Support. That was just a load of %^&$%&^$&. A 5 min warning is absolutely useless when you in a VERY LONG quest in the desert. I am not a 'ddo hater' nor am I a 'ddo fanboi' but dang guys. At this moment you suck! Get it together folks.

FSeven:eek:

SIlverlegolas1
08-03-2007, 07:17 PM
I was fighting the white dragon. 5 minutes no biggie, then a minute later it said "30 seconds" and i was like uh o... yep. (not 30 seconds later) but then "9 seconds" came up and BOOM! What happened!?

theweeman
08-03-2007, 07:22 PM
OK Devs/Support. That was just a load of %^&$%&^$&. A 5 min warning is absolutely useless when you in a VERY LONG quest in the desert. I am not a 'ddo hater' nor am I a 'ddo fanboi' but dang guys. At this moment you suck! Get it together folks.

FSeven:eek:

i guess we can all thank god age of conan is coming soon

theweeman
08-03-2007, 07:24 PM
I was fighting the white dragon. 5 minutes no biggie, then a minute later it said "30 seconds" and i was like uh o... yep. (not 30 seconds later) but then "9 seconds" came up and BOOM! What happened!?

they r having trouble telling timeframes, u know its a hard thing to do

Mad_Hatter23
08-03-2007, 07:25 PM
At least you received a 5 minute warning. That's beyond generous IMO. They're just trying to do their job and 5 minutes is sufficient time to recall out of the quest and log. There have been times when we have gotten little to no warning, e.g. +1 loot weekend back in May/June when we were given 30 seconds. Or, how about yesterday when the server just crashed? I'm not saying it's not upsetting to not be able to play, I'm saying cut them some slack.... and breeeeathe. :D

Mad_Hatter23
08-03-2007, 07:29 PM
Ok, so it wasn't 5 minutes. lol. I'm not surprised, but really, were you? We all know the hamsters are out of sync down there. :rolleyes: Knowing that, no need to have a heart attack over it. Just go torment someone for the duration of the downtime. Trust me, it's fun. :o

SIG
08-03-2007, 07:30 PM
We will always try to give warnings before we bring the servers down. No warnings on crashes (sorry, no crystal ball), but we will do in game announcements if we need to bring the servers down.

babygirl
08-03-2007, 07:32 PM
We will always try to give warnings before we bring the servers down. No warnings on crashes (sorry, no crystal ball), but we will do in game announcements if we need to bring the servers down.

Okay so how about telling us what is going on? rather telling us that you give a warning!

theweeman
08-03-2007, 07:32 PM

is there no way to let it ride for a 30 min warning?

craythegray
08-03-2007, 07:33 PM
is there no way to let it ride for a 30 min warning?

I don't think so. It looked automated. Sorta like you might get from your personal PC when it overheats. Save game now and exit.

I don't think they knew it was coming down at all. I think the hamster overheated and the message we got was just its cry for help.

Just my thoughts

Cray

Nexx
08-03-2007, 07:50 PM
As I have said in the General Discussions thread, should really cut turbine some slack ^_^ possible answers here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116578

theweeman
08-03-2007, 07:55 PM
As I have said in the General Discussions thread, should really cut turbine some slack ^_^ possible answers here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116578

well i used to cut diablo slack, cause of course it was free......

Nexx
08-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Ah yes of course I know everyone pays to play this game, but like I said (in diff thread) no one is perfect.

Gleepwurp
08-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I haven't even been able to log into Khyber successfully at all today. Even when the world was marked with a green check my client shut down saying that 2 instances can't run simultaneously? ***?

Last night was no picnic either. Super lag during battles, slow load screens, the works. Nothing like a little server load to wreak havoc. Its great to have a bunch of people to group with but please make sure that the hardware can handle the load before modifying the code.

Are you guys load-balancing traffic across all worlds or are does each world have a set of allocated servers? I'd love to see your network schematic sometime. Get it together folks...please.

Looks like a +1 Loot/+50XP ass kissing is in order, hmmmm....better make that +2 Loot for all the name-changing, character resetting, server-merging B.S. we've been thru....

"This too shall pass..."

Baztil Cloudwalker - 13th Lvl Drow Cleric/Ranger (11/2) - 2100 favor
Mhaya d'Uthraine - 11th Lvl Human Wizard - 32pt
Draymore, son of Glore - 10th Lvl Dwarf Barb/Fighter/Ranger (7/2/1) - 32pt
Suryllia d'Uthraine - 9th Lvl Human Cleric - 32pt
Igraine of Elalorn Grey - 8th Lvl Human Sorcerer - 32pt
Druku Amen Ra - 7th Lvl WF Wizard/Rogue (5/2) - 32pt
Aryel the Pure - 6th Lvl Halfling Cleric - 32pt

*all residing on what is left of Riedra*

Shaunassey
08-03-2007, 08:19 PM
I think this is all an elaborate hoax to steal away our Racing Gerbals and replace them with genetically inferior Hamsters. This was planned months ago, by the powers that be.

They are taking our Racing Gerbals and putting them on their new racing track called LoTR:O, and leaving us with the bloated over weight Hamsters that have no ambition to run any faster, because they're all over the hill , over weight has beens.

Kyber is now a big fat over sized Hamster, with 3 legs, and an attitude, it has gobbled up more then it can chew , and is belly crawling it's self across the wheels.

And Apparently it's ear have been packed with cotton, because it must have thought it heard 5 seconds til the server shuts down and gave up too soon.

Yes folks we are being deceived here, our glorious Gerbel days are a thing of the past, and we're left with Hamsters :(

<snicker in fun>

Sagar1969
08-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Just got an update (as I am sure all of you did) 9:45pm EST is the estimated uptime of the server... Why it took hrs to give an update is beyond me...

Shaunassey
08-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Just got an update (as I am sure all of you did) 9:45pm EST is the estimated uptime of the server... Why it took hrs to give an update is beyond me...

Just got moved to 10 PM EDT. this sucks for a Friday Night =(

Dang Mutant Hamsters!!!

Boneyard
08-05-2007, 03:50 AM
You did give a five minute warning, congratulations....to bad it was less than a minute later that you popped up the 30 second warning.

-J