PDA

View Full Version : What's outside of Stormreach?

Ranger57
08-03-2007, 05:10 PM
When I finish exploring Stormreach, I'll want to explore more of Xen'drik.
Is this possible?

Assuming it is, is it advisable to explore solo or should I always travel with a group?

Could I just go treking accross the land?

Borror0
08-03-2007, 05:33 PM
When I finish exploring Stormreach, I'll want to explore more of Xen'drik.
Is this possible?

Assuming it is, is it advisable to explore solo or should I always travel with a group?

Could I just go treking accross the land?

There are a lot of quest that brings you out of Stormreach, but there is no walking for hours and hours like any MMOS (like WoW). Max 5-10 minutes to get to a quest.... unless you get lost... :p

Mad_Bombardier
08-04-2007, 10:19 AM
The closest thing to trekking and exploring is Wilderness Areas. Look for Gold X's on the map to lead you to gates for these areas.

tihocan
08-04-2007, 11:04 AM
From the screenshots I have seen, the outside of Stormreach looks very empty.

Ranger57
08-04-2007, 06:53 PM
The Eberron Sourcebook shows the continent of Xen'drik with many notable places besides Stormreach.

Besides Three Barrel Cove there is Sorrowdusk Island and Throne Gate Ruins nearby.

Elsewhere on the continent is the Obsidian City, Valley of Shadows, Dar Qat and Dread Lake, amoung many other locations.

Are these places for paper DnD exploration only?

What is there to discover outside of the boundaries of Stormreach?

Where do these "expansions" take place, as introduced each month (Searing Heights, etc)?
I thought they were new adventuring zones.

Hvymetal
08-05-2007, 03:36 AM
The Eberron Sourcebook shows the continent of Xen'drik with many notable places besides Stormreach.

Besides Three Barrel Cove there is Sorrowdusk Island and Throne Gate Ruins nearby.

Elsewhere on the continent is the Obsidian City, Valley of Shadows, Dar Qat and Dread Lake, amoung many other locations.

Are these places for paper DnD exploration only?

What is there to discover outside of the boundaries of Stormreach?

Where do these "expansions" take place, as introduced each month (Searing Heights, etc)?
I thought they were new adventuring zones.
You actually do "leave" Stormreach for certain quets and /or chains.
Three Barrel cove, you take a boat from house D
Sorrowdusk Isle, also take a boat from house d
Tangleroot Gorge, take a caravan from house p
Ruins Of Threnal, take a caravan from house p
Archers Point Defense I believe also technically takes place outside the city, leave from market
Kobolds Assault is the same as Archers Point Defense I beleieve, depart from harbor
Irestone Inlet, Take a boat from the harbor
Stormcleave, depart from anvilfire inn in house d
All the desert quests, take airship from marketplace or caravan from house p
Gianthold, leave from marketplace

I am sure there are more I am at work and trying to post this from work. Technically speaking a lot of the quests take place "outside" of stormreach, it is just that the boring and uneventfull travel is glossed over much like a lot of real life DM's would gloss over the uneventfull parts of travel. This unfortunatly gives the illusion that all these quests are taking place inside of stormreach.

moorewr
08-05-2007, 10:12 AM
The #1 piece of fluff I wish Turbine would add to the game would be short cut-scenes of travel when you travel across Eberron. The map is all very well, but when I take ship on a flying ship to the restless isles, a video of the ship flying would certainly add something.

The first ten times. After that I'd like a way to turn it off. But that's show business.

You actually do "leave" Stormreach for certain quets and /or chains.
I am sure there are more I am at work and trying to post this from work. Technically speaking a lot of the quests take place "outside" of stormreach, it is just that the boring and uneventfull travel is glossed over much like a lot of real life DM's would gloss over the uneventfull parts of travel. This unfortunatly gives the illusion that all these quests are taking place inside of stormreach.