PDA

View Full Version : Standing PvP Challenge

Rhadamathys
08-03-2007, 03:33 PM
This was something I had over on Riedra and I thought I'd extend it here.

If you enjoy PvP and enjoy gambling, then I have the proposition for you!

You vs Me...mano e mano in the death match arena. Most kills over the time allowed wins. The one sticky point here is, there is a mininum 10k plat bet. I'll be all the way up to 300k plat on any given match.

Sound good, but you aren't sure you want to give up money? Well, I'll make it easier...I'll give you odds.

All fighter types (palys, fighters, barbarians) are 4:1
All Rangers are 3:1
All Mages (wiz, sorc) are 3:1
All Clerics are 4:1
All Bards and rogues are 6:1 (sry for excluding you guys initially)

Oh, and if you are interested in what you'll be fighting, you'll be fighting my cleric. I also have a sorc avail to fight as well and the odds are similar for that one as well.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me here or message me in game as one of the following toons:
Rhada, Rhadamathys, Dabi, Dabo

Thanks

krrish
08-03-2007, 04:41 PM
i accept ur challenge but on 1 condition

if i loose i wil giv u hams...........................................

if u loose pay me 100kpp....

dont expect gud frm me (anyway wht u expect frm true freak)

Hydro
08-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Man your freakin deadly.....

Litz
08-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Sick him Aundairians...

Ballonatic
08-03-2007, 05:19 PM
My money's on Mavnimo, hands down. Oh wait, he has yet to sign up eh. Well when he does (oh and I'm sure he will when he hears of this), my money's on him, regardless on who he fights :D

Yea yea, so what if I'm a Mav fangirl!

Capstern
08-03-2007, 05:38 PM
That cleric is a pain since all the spell he uses are no resists and was built solely for PVP....

Tho I didnt find if you can get behind him and nuke him with a massive fire attack that works :)

theweeman
08-03-2007, 06:53 PM

You vs Me...mano e mano in the death match arena. Most kills over the time allowed wins. The one sticky point here is, there is a mininum 10k plat bet. I'll be all the way up to 300k plat on any given match.

Sound good, but you aren't sure you want to give up money? Well, I'll make it easier...I'll give you odds.

Oh, and if you are interested in what you'll be fighting, you'll be fighting my cleric. I also have a sorc avail to fight as well and the odds are similar for that one as well.

If you are interested, feel free to PM me here or message me in game as one of the following toons:

Thanks

hahaha begining accepts your gamble, bring your wallet, i specialize in 2 shoting clerics

Mavnimo
08-03-2007, 06:53 PM
sure sign me up

Lufia
08-03-2007, 06:59 PM
Good luck beating him, he is like a Dam purple named boss in PvP when its 1-on-1 :D

Rhadamathys
08-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Cool, should be fun...now if they'll just leave the servers up long enough to log in... :)

Oh, and I specialize in not being 2 shotted ;) I prefer 1 shot...

Beldar
08-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Prepare to lose :)

Love,

Beld from Aundair

theweeman
08-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Cool, should be fun...now if they'll just leave the servers up long enough to log in... :)

Oh, and I specialize in not being 2 shotted ;) I prefer 1 shot...

to tell u the truth id rather fight u tank vs tank, and for more money. u can meet my lil masterpiece. dont care what tank but i see u have a few to chose from

guild leader of Alpha & Omega
klerikal 14barb
narcissist 14barb
weeman 14bard
begining 14 rngr
rehypnotix 13 wiz
durtybuck 10 ftr

Rhadamathys
08-03-2007, 07:20 PM
tanks in pvp are like a 3rd nipple...if you want to tank, seek out thistles, he's the best tank I've ever met...my barbarian is a gimp not geared for pvp

noobz86
08-03-2007, 07:33 PM
so how was losing to axer? :)

Vyr_Vandalous
08-03-2007, 07:36 PM

LOL...

I notice bard is not on your list?

There is a saying.. Choose your battles and you will never lose. I'm glad that you are smart enough to exclude bard's. Real bard's i mean. Not the newb/gimped kind.

Cheers.

Rhadamathys
08-03-2007, 07:36 PM
dunno, he never fought me in the arena

Vyr_Vandalous
08-03-2007, 07:37 PM
so how was losing to axer? :)

Ya... Axer is Pimp..

Good job man! =D

Nemsin
08-03-2007, 07:41 PM
You should post your match results, or let people come in to watch the fights. I would love to see you in action again (without being on the receiving end of those spells).
Thistles

P.S. We should try to schedule a team deathmatch or capture the flag night.

theweeman
08-03-2007, 07:42 PM
tanks in pvp are like a 3rd nipple...if you want to tank, seek out thistles, he's the best tank I've ever met...my barbarian is a gimp not geared for pvp

he is your best tank???? i killed him like 3 times with my lvl 10 fighter durtybuck :)):)):))

theweeman
08-03-2007, 07:44 PM
LOL...

I notice bard is not on your list?

There is a saying.. Choose your battles and you will never lose. I'm glad that you are smart enough to exclude bard's. Real bard's i mean. Not the newb/gimped kind.

Cheers.

my bard sux, he is a first build and only a 28 pt, i dont like him cause he can only kill 2 -3 ppl at a time

Rhadamathys
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
I think you guys are missing the point, the fight has to occur in the arena...the pit doesn't matter, the pit is nothing more than ganking 101...

The fight happens in the deathmatch arena (aka The Stash) until then, no one pwns anyone...I'm not better than anyone else until after I win in the arena. No one else is better than me until they beat me in the arena.

Not trying to be a pain, this is all for fun (and money), just trying to clarify since people can take pvp waaaay to seriously.

Nemsin
08-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Here here! Real fights happen in the arena where you are limited to no food, no time warp, and no people jumping in for the kill shot.
Thistles

Fallout
08-03-2007, 07:52 PM
There's PvP in DDO?

Good idea, its good to spruce up things from time to time.

CobraChaos
08-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Heh i guess can give it a shot when i see you on though he spcialize in killing two-handers ill try my rogue against you :D I wont expect to win since clerics are the hardest class for him to beat but who knows i might get lucky :p

Baelketh
08-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Looks like we've got the pvp folk stirred up, so lets put it to some good use.

As Thistles mentioned we've had some real good times in the team deathmatch/catch the flag arenas. Lets try to organize a get togather, random teams for the kicks. Next time we've got some folks hustling in the pit I'll try to get that going on. Spot check the LFM from time to time, we'll have word up there.

Baelketh Strakheln
Dwarven Defender

theweeman
08-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Looks like we've got the pvp folk stirred up, so lets put it to some good use.

As Thistles mentioned we've had some real good times in the team deathmatch/catch the flag arenas. Lets try to organize a get togather, random teams for the kicks. Next time we've got some folks hustling in the pit I'll try to get that going on. Spot check the LFM from time to time, we'll have word up there.

Baelketh Strakheln
Dwarven Defender

id love that, be a good way to meet some of the new peeps in our world

theweeman
08-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Heh i guess can give it a shot when i see you on though he spcialize in killing two-handers ill try my rogue against you :D I wont expect to win since clerics are the hardest class for him to beat but who knows i might get lucky :p

lol take the sorc, less chasing when they run!

Rhadamathys
08-03-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm off to dinner and Bourne Ultimatum...be back on late tonight and sunday...

remember friend Dabi, Rhada as those are the 2 I am on with the most...msg me and we'll set something up as soon as I log in!

Grayleaf
08-03-2007, 09:43 PM
If my PvP toons were leveled high enough to even hit ya I might take a crack, but Zubaida is only 7. I am also rather new at PvP...learning the trade an intend to be good at it. : ) YARK!

jeffreyalsip
08-03-2007, 10:26 PM
You made this offer on the Riedra board, and I made this same response (which you turned down quickly):

I will fight any or ALL of your characters for 100K plat, under the following conditions:

1) No spells
2) No buffs
3) No weapons
4) No armor
5) NO NOTHING!

Just fist against fist...nose to nose.

Let me know when you want to schedule a time.

jeffreyalsip
08-04-2007, 02:05 AM
The fight happens in the deathmatch arena (aka The Stash) until then, no one pwns anyone...I'm not better than anyone else until after I win in the arena. No one else is better than me until they beat me in the arena.

I think that YOU are missing the point. My challenge involves a user creating (and developping) his player to be the best "raw" fighter that he can be. By using sissy spells, or uber weapons/armor, you only try to compensate for your lack of real Manhood. The only TRUE fight can be fist-to-fist, without all of the sissy magic that you rely upon.

Therefore, you refuse MY challenge...because you HAVE to! You will never show yourself in the Arena, when you know you could never win. It is high time that you recognized, and admitted, the awesome power of a REAL melee character.

For those of you (dismissing this cowardly caster boy) who feel that your melee build can stand against me fist-to-fist, please see me online to arrange a match. Wimpy casters need not apply.

Vox
08-04-2007, 03:24 AM
I think that YOU are missing the point. My challenge involves a user creating (and developping) his player to be the best "raw" fighter that he can be. By using sissy spells, or uber weapons/armor, you only try to compensate for your lack of real Manhood. The only TRUE fight can be fist-to-fist, without all of the sissy magic that you rely upon.

Therefore, you refuse MY challenge...because you HAVE to! You will never show yourself in the Arena, when you know you could never win. It is high time that you recognized, and admitted, the awesome power of a REAL melee character.

For those of you (dismissing this cowardly caster boy) who feel that your melee build can stand against me fist-to-fist, please see me online to arrange a match. Wimpy casters need not apply.

Any chance you could start your own thread instead of trying to hijack someone else's thread? Sheesh... you PvPers...

Vox

Maldini
08-04-2007, 04:16 AM
One person PvP is unbalanced. All it takes is one well-placed trip for melees. As far as arcanes versus melee, all you guys do is jump around like a grasshopper and spam either Scorching Rays, Niacs or Chain Lightning.

Team PvP is more balanced and requires more coordination and skill.

Rhadamathys
08-04-2007, 04:32 AM
All it takes is one well-placed trip for melees.

hehe, you assume a melee can get close enough for a trip against a caster in the arena :)

Maldini
08-04-2007, 04:33 AM
hehe, you assume a melee can get close enough for a trip against a caster in the arena :)

You ever try to run away from a barb with 30% striders, 10% barb movement, and sprint boost? hehehe

wizzy_catt
08-04-2007, 08:11 AM
ur question is silly. answer is yes and got away with a dead barb body on the ground/floor. havent seen a barb that can handle 3-5 shots.

You ever try to run away from a barb with 30% striders, 10% barb movement, and sprint boost? hehehe

Strakeln
08-04-2007, 11:33 AM
You made this offer on the Riedra board, and I made this same response (which you turned down quickly):

I will fight any or ALL of your characters for 100K plat, under the following conditions:

1) No spells
2) No buffs
3) No weapons
4) No armor
5) NO NOTHING!

Let me know when you want to schedule a time.What about innate abilities and skills, such as stances (power attack/combat expertise), action boosts, special attacks (trip/sunder/stunning blow), rage, uncanny dodge, and so on? It's still fist against fist, nose to nose, they aren't magic, nor are they weapons.

Eudimio
08-04-2007, 02:12 PM

1) No spells
2) No buffs
3) No weapons
4) No armor
5) NO NOTHING!

Let me know when you want to schedule a time.

Hey Goolan,

I would have loved to accept this challenge with one of my warforged characters. But unfortunately adamantine, mithral, and composite plating are all considered armors. I guess I'll have to enter it with my rogue. He only loses three points of AC by wearing a robe (not armor, btw). I think I'll have the advantage, since you'll only get two attacks before having to pause. If only that third attack in sequence was a punch instead of a kick. Oh well.

Happy Hunting,
Nuckles.

Jket
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
I would like to place side bets on Rhada Da Battle Cleric, that he will kick anyones Arse. mwhahaha.

Jket

(this was a joke to obviously point out his clerics a fricken beast)

:D

Rhadamathys
08-04-2007, 07:18 PM
My money's on Mavnimo, hands down.

We fought 2 times the other night, I won both matches...first one 6-2 second one 5-2.

Rhadamathys
08-07-2007, 05:15 PM
hahaha begining accepts your gamble, bring your wallet, i specialize in 2 shoting clerics

Hehe 16-1 me...

Montrose
08-07-2007, 05:56 PM
Hehe 16-1 me...

Wow, nice!

Is there any way to watch these matches? I'm not much for PvP (too old to twitch :) ), but it'd be fun to spectate.

Rhadamathys
08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Wow, nice!

Is there any way to watch these matches? I'm not much for PvP (too old to twitch :) ), but it'd be fun to spectate.

hehe pay up and I'll show you first hand what happens ;) I wish they had spectators, they did in AC1...only way to spectator is via the pits...and the pits aren't the best enviro to see real pvp action.

nbhs275
08-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Rhada, i gotta say your pretty mean, though i wonder how i could do against you on alreck in 1 v 1. Its just a matter of getting you to run out of mana :D

Nemsin
08-08-2007, 09:04 AM
Rhada u need to record the matches and post them for all to view.
Thistles

Litz
08-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Yep get Fraps

Rhadamathys
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
good idea, I'll look for fraps? not sure what it is but I imagine it's a video screen capture...

Litz
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.fraps.com/

Rhadamathys
08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
13-0 me vs wicked...I had fraps going but didn't realize it stopped after 29 seconds for unregistered mode...hehe, I've registered it and am now ready to show video if I can find another person to take my challenge...

Litz
08-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Get some footage of Maldini :D :) ;) :D

Harncw
08-08-2007, 05:14 PM
that the 10th level arcane spell is kick sorc with splash of pally's butt

:)

Nemsin
08-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Seems like there are not many challengers left for you Rhada ;) Maybe u should use the premium services to change your name and take all the same peoples money again hahahaha.
Thistles ;)

wizzy_catt
08-18-2007, 11:50 AM
ur greedy, i was testing something and u want 50k for each fight. you knew no casters can't win now. plus u use lots of mana pots, make it fair or dont fight at all.
but when mod 5 comes i'll challenge you again with new spells. that way no more rediculous no save 200dmg per hit bs.

Rhadamathys
08-28-2007, 09:07 AM
actually, I rarely use mana pots...most of my deaths occur because I run out...as for no saves, there are only 2 spells that have no saves for a cleric...searing light and nimbus of light...much like your scorching ray...which, btw, can do 200 pts per ray x 3 rays...searing light and numbis are 1 ray only...

Truegood
08-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I wanna know what server in AC1 im and old schooler from thistledown

Rhadamathys
09-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Started on Morningthaw and moved to Solclaim when they opened it

Maldini
09-18-2007, 02:29 PM
ur greedy, i was testing something and u want 50k for each fight. you knew no casters can't win now. plus u use lots of mana pots, make it fair or dont fight at all.
but when mod 5 comes i'll challenge you again with new spells. that way no more rediculous no save 200dmg per hit bs.

You know I have to agree with Rhad. Sorc and Wizzy are the kings and queens of using Scorching Ray and Cone of Cold in PvP.

If someone doesn't have the Firestorm Greaves, Ring of the Djinn, Greater Resists and Protects up, they're toast very quickly.

It's prefectly fair that a cleric spam rays as well.

wizzy_catt
09-18-2007, 11:00 PM
You know I have to agree with Rhad. Sorc and Wizzy are the kings and queens of using Scorching Ray and Cone of Cold in PvP.

If someone doesn't have the Firestorm Greaves, Ring of the Djinn, Greater Resists and Protects up, they're toast very quickly.

It's prefectly fair that a cleric spam rays as well.

you dont even know what spell he uses so umm ur posts like coming out of no where doesnt fit LOL!

Jket
09-18-2007, 11:30 PM
you dont even know what spell he uses so umm ur posts like coming out of no where doesnt fit LOL!

SEARING LIGHT = ray spell...

Maldini
09-19-2007, 12:54 AM
SEARING LIGHT = ray spell...

Thank you.

Murderface
09-19-2007, 07:12 AM
to a peeing contest who ever can out distance my stream wins a cookie and or a medal

actaeon
11-26-2007, 09:16 PM
Apparently the last post I put up here didn't stick, so I'll repost. I know this thread is ancient in forum times however, I'm transferring my cleric from Ghallanda, originally from Lhazaar the notorious PvP server and was wondering if this offer still stands as i would like to test out what Khyber thinks is quality PvP. The lack of a challenge on my last server got me searching through other servers forums and this seems to be where the most reputable challenge lies so I will arrive in the next few days...looking forward to seeing you all :P

Strakeln
11-26-2007, 09:22 PM
I will also re-post.

This ought to be an interesting match. Qwijymart will put down 200kpp on Rhada, any takers?

No offense, actaeon... but I've seen this before... :)

actaeon
11-26-2007, 09:25 PM
And I'll repost again lol, it is np as you know, it is only wise to bet (or bet against) that which you have seen (just ask Pete Rose).

However maybe hold that amount of money atleast for the first match just as a helpful hint, watching his FRAPS video's I don't see any impressive kills or tactics no offense but none of those kills seems to warrant any worth atleast compared to what I'm used to seeing. However I shall reserve judgement until I actually fight him :P.

Dexxaan
11-26-2007, 09:30 PM
I really wish you Melee PVP'rs were on my Server (Aerenal-Sarlona)

I'm usually so darn broke...you'd be my Sugar Momma's putting sweet Plat in my Bank.....and I don't even have to dance...just beat you wannabe's into a pulp. :eek:

Too bad, but if you r ever on Sarlona....look for Bruttus, Drrake, Luka and Grimbite. I'd say the best 4 Tanks on the server so far as I can tell....and I've been picking fights for months out of grind-boredom.

Strakeln
11-26-2007, 09:34 PM
And I'll repost again lol, it is np as you know, it is only wise to bet (or bet against) that which you have seen (just ask Pete Rose).Pete Rose had no levels of paladin.

actaeon
11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Pete Rose being a sensible man would have asked why would you waste two levels of paladin on a cleric i guarantee the saves on my cleric are similarly high on all 3 and my base hp's are just under the 400 mark due to constitution investment over charisma, and the loh isnt worth it...but again the only way to tell is to see the fight...

actaeon
11-26-2007, 09:47 PM
I really wish you Melee PVP'rs were on my Server (Aerenal-Sarlona)

I'm usually so darn broke...you'd be my Sugar Momma's putting sweet Plat in my Bank.....and I don't even have to dance...just beat you wannabe's into a pulp. :eek:

Too bad, but if you r ever on Sarlona....look for Bruttus, Drrake, Luka and Grimbite. I'd say the best 4 Tanks on the server so far as I can tell....and I've been picking fights for months out of grind-boredom.

Lol Dexx unfortunately I am not willing to transfer two characters as it is relatively pricey but i can guarantee the melees on Ghallanda are more than you have seen on your servers so if you really would like to get a rejuvenating boost of competition I suggest do as I'm doing and pay the fee to go over there and explore new ground and prove yourself as you seem to want to do.:D

zoltan00
11-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Yo man trust me lhazzar origanaly was a pvp server because there were so many ppl for being a small server damaged speced clerics were underated after ppl saw that a max and empower cleric was dirty in pvp dude it was like casters worst nightmare. I had a sorc and speced out for enchantment spells and did awsome damage but the truth is in pvp if you can't heal yourself there is no way your beating a caster or cleric. Now Actaeon Cleric is so Dirty ppl ask him if they can come down and pvp against ppl its very funny. hes hit me once for about 460+ points of damage and the way he moves and his spell combos are very well concentrated. I saw your videos rahda and i got to sa you seem like the standard pvp cleric with quiken, max, and enpower. And making yourself 2 levels of pally is kinda noobie in PVE its probably a very good idea but in pvp dude can i say "REROLL" i feel kinda sad when actaeon comes to khyber because its gonna shatter your little world dude and then you'll feel like quitting and you'll lose everyones respect. but anyway your probably thinking who am i to post and talk trash but i dont have as much pride as actaeon has i wouldnt pay 25$ just to own a noobie. Sorry if i **** of anyone but im bored of the quests in the game and all that is left is pvp.

P.S. By the way whats up with all that dispelling dude makes you look like a ******-bag. i know is a spell but i mean its kinda like kicking someone in the nuts. In ghallanda the real pvpers never dispell.

maddmatt70
11-26-2007, 10:08 PM
I will also re-post.

This ought to be an interesting match. Qwijymart will put down 200kpp on Rhada, any takers?

No offense, actaeon... but I've seen this before... :)

Bah from what i have heard Rhada has been beaten by people on our server, Khyber, several times over so I don't know what this is about..

actaeon
11-26-2007, 10:16 PM
I think the overall objective I'm trying to achieve is fighting the best on Khyber, give me the names and I would love to challenge them all. I am just looking for new competition not trying to call anyone out, anyone who is willing to attempt to beat me is welcome to fight me.

Strakeln
11-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Bah from what i have heard Rhada has been beaten by people on our server, Khyber, several times over so I don't know what this is about..So are you gonna take up that bet? :D

Jket
11-26-2007, 10:57 PM
I think the overall objective I'm trying to achieve is fighting the best on Khyber, give me the names and I would love to challenge them all. I am just looking for new competition not trying to call anyone out, anyone who is willing to attempt to beat me is welcome to fight me.

Tank wise.... Mulligan, Quicktoezy,Axer, Im not too bad on my pally Dimsdaal, Aleos is good, hrmm who else am I missing... Lasac..

Caster/Cleric wise.. Rhada,Dabi,Manards,Quicktoezzzzzz, hrm thats all i can think of right now.

nbhs275
11-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Tank wise.... Mulligan, Quicktoezy,Axer, Im not too bad on my pally Dimsdaal, Aleos is good, hrmm who else am I missing... Lasac..

Caster/Cleric wise.. Rhada,Dabi,Manards,Quicktoezzzzzz, hrm thats all i can think of right now.

Rhada vs manards goes to rhada i think. Though manard usually has both his girlfriend and half his guild down there backing him up.

~Maui_86
11-26-2007, 11:23 PM
hmm almost makes me want to transfer my cleric over to give it go as well. well actually if you really are that good i think you should go from server to server proving you the man. oh start with ghallanda though.

actaeon
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Come along Maui make it a party-rep the Ghallanda dominance, but I call first fights ;P

~Maui_86
11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
bah but then he wont have anymore plat to give me

Cholera
11-26-2007, 11:35 PM
We fought 2 times the other night, I won both matches...first one 6-2 second one 5-2.

I blame society

~Maui_86
11-26-2007, 11:43 PM
who is he talking about in that post? anyways kinda junk i just read over the rules about Toon transfer and im not sure if i want my cleric stuck on another server for 90 days.

actaeon
11-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Ya I've got plenty of other toons to run with...Might as well have fun with one on another server and rep the Ghallanda l33tne55 :D

zoltan00
11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah dude maui and actaeon have very good battles to watch you really learn what pvp is all about when you see them fight from what i hear and see khyber hasnt seen quality PVP. I hope it isn't like that on all servers oh and by the way Ghallanda's tanks are very good aswell specially AZTAR which is scary because he may be the best fighter in the pit and hes only 28 point build.

Rhadamathys
11-27-2007, 01:14 AM
whatever, head back to the rock you came from...you are right, khyber doesn't have a lot of pvp talent...as evidence since I rarely lose :) would be interested to get our toons on risia and see if you could hang...doubt it though

Staedtler
11-27-2007, 04:19 AM
P.S. By the way whats up with all that dispelling dude makes you look like a ******-bag. i know is a spell but i mean its kinda like kicking someone in the nuts. In ghallanda the real pvpers never dispell.

PVP is all about kicking someone in the balls. Nothing is ever dirty when your life (and your rep) is on the line.

Better take the waaaaaaambulance back home.

zoltan00
11-27-2007, 08:35 AM
Idk Whatever if dispelling is your kind of thing than by all means use it but just makes you look week in my opinion. if a paladin would fight a fighter its bad enopugh dude i have a 62 ac, with a greater bane in my hand, 388 hp, and three LOH's dude dispell would just destroy someone. And i would love to play on risia but they never update that server and i have no gear whatsoever. So i guess make sure you add Adistal to your friends list because hes gonna transfer this week. So if you happen to get owned out of nowhere you'll know why. :)

Strakeln
11-27-2007, 10:27 AM
Idk Whatever if dispelling is your kind of thing than by all means use it but just makes you look week in my opinion. if a paladin would fight a fighter its bad enopugh dude i have a 62 ac, with a greater bane in my hand, 388 hp, and three LOH's dude dispell would just destroy someone. And i would love to play on risia but they never update that server and i have no gear whatsoever. So i guess make sure you add Adistal to your friends list because hes gonna transfer this week. So if you happen to get owned out of nowhere you'll know why. :)Couple things.

Your stance is that it's unfair or weak to use dispell. Fine... no dispelling... but no buffing either. All that buffing makes you look weak. And if you're on a melee, no weapons. Makes you look weak. :rolleyes:

Also, I notice a lot of talk from other servers about "In the Pit". At least on Khyber, it is generally understood that what happens in the Pit (the public brawling areas) doesn't count. The Pit is genking 101, not PvP. Even comments like the one from madmatt70... my guess is he's talking about playing in the pit, cuz I certainly haven't seen anyone claim to beat Rhada in a deathmatch.

maddmatt70
11-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Couple things.

Your stance is that it's unfair or weak to use dispell. Fine... no dispelling... but no buffing either. All that buffing makes you look weak. And if you're on a melee, no weapons. Makes you look weak. :rolleyes:

Also, I notice a lot of talk from other servers about "In the Pit". At least on Khyber, it is generally understood that what happens in the Pit (the public brawling areas) doesn't count. The Pit is genking 101, not PvP. Even comments like the one from madmatt70... my guess is he's talking about playing in the pit, cuz I certainly haven't seen anyone claim to beat Rhada in a deathmatch.

huh. Rhad even admits that he gets beaten albeit not often in one of his earlier posts on this thread. Are you trying to call me out or something? I am not a pvper, just not very interested in it, although I have two halfway decent pvp characters in my fighter and my hardy wiz....

Strakeln
11-27-2007, 11:26 AM
Are you trying to call me out or something? I am not a pvper, just not very interested in it, although I have two halfway decent pvp characters in my fighter and my hardy wiz....I'm really not sure how you twisted "the pit is not the same as deathmatch" into "calling you out"... care to explain that one?

Staedtler
11-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Idk Whatever if dispelling is your kind of thing than by all means use it but just makes you look week in my opinion. if a paladin would fight a fighter its bad enopugh dude i have a 62 ac, with a greater bane in my hand, 388 hp, and three LOH's dude dispell would just destroy someone. And i would love to play on risia but they never update that server and i have no gear whatsoever. So i guess make sure you add Adistal to your friends list because hes gonna transfer this week. So if you happen to get owned out of nowhere you'll know why. :)

Oh yeah? Oh yeah! My fighter has cajones that dispell on hit! And they're HUGE! Think you can deal with that?

OH YEAH!!

maddmatt70
11-27-2007, 11:41 AM
whatever, head back to the rock you came from...you are right, khyber doesn't have a lot of pvp talent...as evidence since I rarely lose :) would be interested to get our toons on risia and see if you could hang...doubt it though

"as evidence since I rarely lose" in the above post speaks to what I said about him saying that he has been beaten so it is unclear as to what you are disputing Qwijy. I have personaly heard that Axer beat him and I know that one of my guildies in the prophets has beaten him and I have no idea who else, but I am sure others have such as soulshaker, mavnimo what have you...

Rhadamathys
11-27-2007, 11:47 AM
The nice thing about deathmatch and the arena's is that there are no rules...You can't get ****y at someone who chooses to use dispell, just like you can't get ****y at someone who spawn kills or hides. All are valid tactics, the arena allows you to do it, and have at it if you want. If you don't like it, don't pvp!

Personally I choose not to spawn kill or hide (my general rule is that once you cast on me or move from your spawn location, you are fair game, take your time to buff against me, just dont run and hide then buff)...Regardless, those that do get ****y about pvp are taking it wayyyy to seriously. Those that know me, know that I love to trash talk in a funny sort of way (as evidence by my LFM messages, trying to bait people into fighting) and very rarely do I do it in a rude, demeaning way...my goal is to get MORE people pvping since it'll make it MORE fun for me and the other small population.

I've had several funny interactions that show that some people take it wayyy to seriously...those people should stay away from pvp...if not for their own health, then for the sanity of all involved :)

My favorite to date:
1) I had my LFM up (my 100k pp vs your 50k pp that you can't win against me in the arena)...(side note, I think it's hilarious that I have to use that wording since turbine doesn't allow you to use 'beat me' in an LFM)...anyway, out of the complete blue, I get a tell from Bowvine that stated I was a 12 year old idiot and that he was squelching me...I thought this ironic coming from someone who is in the 'Mature Adventurers Club'...still get a kick out of that, esp since I have 2 accounts and he hasn't squelched the other and I've run a few quests with him since and he's complimented me on my abilities :) Most people see my LFM and message me that they think it's hilarious and wonder if I ever get any takers...The one I get the most positive feedback from is when I post the 'School's in...come get your PvP lessons'

2) Those who know Mantards, know he has a temper and takes pvp wayyyy to seriously. Ever since I drubbed him 17-1 (after he trash talked me and said I sucked), he's been rude and iltempered...even said I sucked afterwards and that I got lucky...regardless, he's a prime example of someone who should stay away from pvp for his own health reasons...his girlfriend/sister/not sure their relationship talked to me in length after the match and told me that he gets that way when he loses and doens't like to lose (I have screenshots of the whole conversation, pretty sad when you go back and re-read it)...again, like I said, prime example of people that don't need to pvp...

Anyway, it's all an uphill battle for pvp on any server. DDO wasn't made for it...most people don't build PvP specific toons...those that do generally fight better than those that dont. Those that don't shouldn't complain when they lose, likewise they shouldn't feel bad that they lost since they had a disadvantage going in...My biggest, soundest advice to anyone who likes pvp is to MAKE a PvP speicifc toon and get them to 14. You'll find that they are fun to play in quests as well as in pvp...and it'll make your pvp experience that much more fun.

Rhadamathys
11-27-2007, 12:05 PM
"as evidence since I rarely lose" in the above post speaks to what I said about him saying that he has been beaten so it is unclear as to what you are disputing Qwijy. I have personaly heard that Axer beat him and I know that one of my guildies in the prophets has beaten him and I have no idea who else, but I am sure others have such as soulshaker, mavnimo what have you...

Um...axer has never pvp'd me in the arena so I think it's hard for him to say he's beaten me...likewise, mavnimo et al will admit that they lost to me in the arena (mavnimo has come back 3 times to try again and never won)...so I'm nost sure where you got your info from...with regards to who has beaten me...Quicktoezy's 600 HP barbarian destroyed Rhada in the arena 2 out of 2 times. Creedist beat Rhada 1 time (he hid after 2 kills) but I ended up winning 2 out of 3 matches overall...Dabi has never been beaten 1 on 1 in the arena.

Now, like I say, have said, and will say...pvping in the pit is like kissing your sister...sure you scored, but you shouldn't be proud of it. A 10 minute, 1 on 1, most kills wins, anything goes, for plat deathmatch in the arena is a whole other story. That is the ultimate test of skills, tactics, items, builds, classes, etc...if you win there, then you can be proud...As everyone knows, my above statements about me not being beatable only count 1 on 1 in the arena for plat. I lose all the time in the pit and have lost (albiet rarely) in group battles in the arena for fun...

Anyone who disputes this is more than welcome to pony up the plat and come into the arena with me and settle it there...Now that I have fraps, I can post the battle on youtube for all to see. (I do have plenty of screenshots of wins, but video's are way more fun)...

Soul-Shaker
11-27-2007, 12:18 PM

I've never challanged him in arena yet as most of my toons are balanced between PvP and PvE. We've killed eachother a few times in tav brawls but thats it. If I ever stop being lazy and I get time off from school, I hope to get my new bard leveled and geared up to attempt a challange :). But may be a while before that happens.

Strakeln
11-27-2007, 12:28 PM
"as evidence since I rarely lose" in the above post speaks to what I said about him saying that he has been beaten so it is unclear as to what you are disputing Qwijy. I have personaly heard that Axer beat him and I know that one of my guildies in the prophets has beaten him and I have no idea who else, but I am sure others have such as soulshaker, mavnimo what have you...Well, this post clears a few things up. Your "facts" are all sorts of twisted... hell, here you talk about Mavnimo potentially having beaten Rhada/Dabi, yet in this very thread the results of that match can be found. Soulshaker and Axer have never done a deathmatch against him.

My original point: my bet is that most if not all people that you know who have claimed to have beaten Rhada/Dabi probably genked him in the pit once (or got a lucky shot in, whatever). That's not the same as beating him in a deathmatch, where all spells are available and there isn't a 1-minute recharge on your abilities, or food, etc. What you interpreted my post as saying is *not* what it said.

maddmatt70
11-27-2007, 12:34 PM
abb

Rhadamathys
11-27-2007, 01:16 PM
abb

pardon my ignorance, but what does 'abb' mean?

actaeon
11-27-2007, 02:48 PM
officially putting in my transfer within the next two days and willing to put 200k plat up on it against your cleric

Murderface
11-27-2007, 03:27 PM
pvp is great

actaeon
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
People PvP because there is nothing to do in PvE once you have completed everything and are repetitively waiting on raid timers...it's an added aspect that brings fun competition is all, I could care less who likes it and who doesn't, for those that like it I'll have fun with them. Granted the PvP in this game doesn't carry the same weight as it did in games such as DAoC, ShadowBane, Ultima Online etc, but I love the combat in this game, therefore the PvP and when you get tired of killing AI its fun to turn against your fellows :D. So all you carebears can go run PoP or Fleshmakers labratory for the 50 gazillionth time to pull uberleet "item xyz." I'll be in the pit until AoC or Darkfall is here...

P.S. Personally 90% of the people that aren't successful in PvP give up and say "Oh I just don't like PvP" instead of learning from it and exposing the inadequacies of their builds because in PvE builds don't really matter, anyone can be good if your not a complete idiot.
-Another sidenote, you will always find the best PvPers are the best in groups when they go into PvE as well so the argument that it is meaningless is void

Strakeln
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
thats what i say about pvp in general not just pit but all of it. dm spawn in is a joke give me a full pvp area anyday and a way to loot your body when your dead then it might be worth something till then if i may quote you shouldnt be proud either way..pvp is something to do while waiting to do a pve run.. i mean why be proud of something that 90% of the ddo population could care less about..Pffft. Allow me to demonstrate the silliness of this argument by expanding the focus a bit:

Thats what I say about video games in general - not just DDO - all of them. Video games are a joke! Give me a real gun and a way to loot your body when you're dead... then it might be worth something. Until then, if I may quote: "you shouldnt be proud". Video games are something to do to kill time. I mean, why be proud of something that 99.999% of the world population could care less about..

Rhadamathys
11-27-2007, 03:48 PM
officially putting in my transfer within the next two days and willing to put 200k plat up on it against your cleric

fun! add Rhada, Dabi, Dabideux to your friends list as I'm on them primarily nowadays...

Rhadamathys
11-27-2007, 03:54 PM
People PvP because there is nothing to do in PvE once you have completed everything and are repetitively waiting on raid timers...it's an added aspect that brings fun competition is all, I could care less who likes it and who doesn't, for those that like it I'll have fun with them. Granted the PvP in this game doesn't carry the same weight as it did in games such as DAoC, ShadowBane, Ultima Online etc, but I love the combat in this game, therefore the PvP and when you get tired of killing AI its fun to turn against your fellows :D. So all you carebears can go run PoP or Fleshmakers labratory for the 50 gazillionth time to pull uberleet "item xyz." I'll be in the pit until AoC or Darkfall is here...

P.S. Personally 90% of the people that aren't successful in PvP give up and say "Oh I just don't like PvP" instead of learning from it and exposing the inadequacies of their builds because in PvE builds don't really matter, anyone can be good if your not a complete idiot.
-Another sidenote, you will always find the best PvPers are the best in groups when they go into PvE as well so the argument that it is meaningless is void

yea, what he said :) couldn't have said it better...Just because we pvp doesn't mean we don't pve...Farming for uber loot isn't why I play this game, I play it for the challenge of the content...both in group and solo...while waiting on content, it's fun to PvP...Also, unlike most people, I'm fortunate enough to have 2 cpus and 2 accounts. I generally have one toon afk in the lobster to pvp when I'm waiting on pve with my other acct (although, I'll admit, there are times I pvp AND pve at the same time)...

For the record, my progression when new content comes out is this: 1) play new content with guildies 2) learn how to solo new content with my toons (not because I'm anti-social or farm, but rather because it is a huge challenge) 3) head back to the pvp pits while waiting for raid timers or groups to form on quests that I actually enjoy running over and over...

Barik
11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I laughed out loud when i read this "but i can guarantee the melees on Ghallanda are more than you have seen on your servers" not because its not true, who knows it might be, but how in the world can you guarantee me that? lol. Do you play here have you seen our pvp? We have plenty of capable tanks and we have plenty of capable casters. What i would like to see (besides all this dumb talking) is a server that was agreed upon by a bunch of people that i could move my toon too and experience some of these crazy better tanks first hand.

Rhadamathys
11-27-2007, 04:33 PM
after re-reading some of the posts and seeing some of the attitudes, I think now is a good time to remind people what this post is about...it seems as though people have lost sight of what the goal was/is...

This thread is not about:
'I'm better than you are'
'You suck so don't even try'
'I'm invincible and can never die'
'I need more plat'

This thread is about 1 thing only:

Getting people interested in PvP

Let me expand on that...Most people toy with the idea of PvPing at some point during their experience here. However, most people do not have PvP friendly toons and ususally don't do to well. My goal is to create some sort of incentive to get people to create PvP toons and to get better at pvp so they DO beat me. I would love the challenge of being second best as it would give me something to strive for and help improve how I play...Regardless, I wouldn't do the plat thing if there was a leaderboard as I am sure the joy of seeing your name at the top of it would be incentive enough for most...it's like that in other games (Halo for example)

More people in the pvp population is nice...but more people who are skilled is even better...If I can offer some incentive (and all it costs me is plat) then great, I'm willing to make that sacrifice since plat is easy to come by when you have a 55 point haggle sellbot :)

Here is the original post so you can see that nothing in it is negative...in fact, it seems pretty straight forward...

Thanks

lasac
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
Hmmm pvp sounds fun might try that sometime

actaeon
11-27-2007, 06:26 PM
after re-reading some of the posts and seeing some of the attitudes, I think now is a good time to remind people what this post is about...it seems as though people have lost sight of what the goal was/is...

This thread is not about:
'I'm better than you are'
'You suck so don't even try'
'I'm invincible and can never die'
'I need more plat'

This thread is about 1 thing only:

Getting people interested in PvP

Let me expand on that...Most people toy with the idea of PvPing at some point during their experience here. However, most people do not have PvP friendly toons and ususally don't do to well. My goal is to create some sort of incentive to get people to create PvP toons and to get better at pvp so they DO beat me. I would love the challenge of being second best as it would give me something to strive for and help improve how I play...Regardless, I wouldn't do the plat thing if there was a leaderboard as I am sure the joy of seeing your name at the top of it would be incentive enough for most...it's like that in other games (Halo for example)

More people in the pvp population is nice...but more people who are skilled is even better...If I can offer some incentive (and all it costs me is plat) then great, I'm willing to make that sacrifice since plat is easy to come by when you have a 55 point haggle sellbot :)

Here is the original post so you can see that nothing in it is negative...in fact, it seems pretty straight forward...

I agree with this and understood it from the beginning, I hope this post doesn't refer to any of my comments as I've tried to be respectful and make it clear I am competing for fun and just want more of it, the fact that you call yourself the PvP guru just made me curious as to what you know that I don't and wanted more of a challenge, so I am seeking it...If I've been misunderstood I apologize, hope to see you all soon :P

-Add Adistal to your friends list my cleric should be there shortly.

Murderface
11-28-2007, 02:03 AM
pvp is great

lasac
11-28-2007, 05:20 AM
well bro the thing is rhada has room to brag hes a great player and is not beaten often at all, and after you have almost named item in the game and 50 raid loot items looted on 1 toon theres not much left to do except loot and sell for plat which people arleady ready have millions of.

Murderface
11-28-2007, 05:36 AM
all im saying is not enough people who practice at pvp death match for any real competition for him. because not alot of people see any benefit when theres barely enough time trying to keep up with the grind.

i can say truthfully i have spent all of 30 minutes doing death match i just dont like it because its so much closer to being fps then rpg even atction rpg

i just dont like on how many people base a players worth on there pvp capabilities. as many pvp aficionados do

lasac
11-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Shhhh dont say that. Say you liked it so more will come! :)

Hvymetal
11-28-2007, 05:46 AM
Want the reason why someone might not like PvP rather than "they suck at it"? The E-Peens that go with it, reason I am not fond of PvP and if you check around reason a lot of others aren't too interested in it.

Mithran
11-28-2007, 08:04 AM
I think our hands down champion was Paleale, but he's currently stationed in Iraq (as I understand it) and unavailable. I'd been in a group of three who went against him and a rogue or ranger (Kinetiq, maybe?) and he just made us look like idiots.

I'm not anxious to pvp vs a cleric, again.

Staedtler
11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
there is nothing to gain from pvp besides bragging rights unlike pve where there is everything to gain. usualy people who love to brag really get a kick out of pvp is awsome for them i guess
theres no risk no reward its just something to do to pass time...i like to loot stuff theres no looting in pvp. and sorry but 99.999% of the world population doesnt play video games ha where do you live mars? i make a legitimate point your point is you could expand it???? to include shooting people in real life?. i play to advance my characters and future characters theres no special privledges from dm and certainly the pit thats why most people dont waste there time with it...i think rhada is the only person who ever really even posts for dm so thats 1 person out of how many that add for dm pvp not discluding whatever unfortunate soul he may convince to pvp him

and red font is really annoying and hard to read dont do that its bad manners :P

real arena pvp where there is an audience or full pvp areas where there could at least people to pick pocket when there lying unconscience maybe only on unlocked items i dont know but dm ctf and the pit keep me entertained for about 30 minutes lol

and i also feel pit is superior just because people can watch duels maybe one day they can take the tav regen out of the pit then it would be more fair to different classes

i never liked dm i played it before on riia before pvp went live to me its dull and lifeless. i aslo got hit with max empower cf for the first time there by a gms toon in the pit. for me the pit is fun dm is tedious and not well thought out

best would be full pvp areas where you could loot bodies like 10% of there plat at least

this is my opinion but if you rather make up ridiculous scenarios be my guest q i make a valid point but your point is to mock my opinion and i dont think its very nice

and do tell how is it that suggesting a different form of pvp would be more enjoyablecompared to shooting people in real life?

dm spawn in is a joke give me a full pvp area anyday and a way to loot your body when your dead then it might be worth something
Video games are a joke! Give me a real gun and a way to loot your body when you're dead... then it might be worth something

So how is that mirroring what i said your saying vdeo games are a joke give me a real gun to kill people in reality????? how is that expanding what i said......

wouldnt it be more like video game pvp is a joke i prefer to kill armed people in real life and loot there bodies???????? that would be closer to the opinion that i stated and still a valid point (if your a sicko) in there being nothing to gain from dm pvp. theres still nothing to gain in pvp but bragging rights great if your a braggart but if your like me and like to advance your characters its not so good

hey here is a challenge i challenge any of you to dominoes on yahoo games send me a tell ill offer 100 k plat to your 50. would you do that of course you woudlnt because if your a smart pimp like too short you dont play another mans game obviously rhadas game is beating people in dm with his cleric my game here is advancing my characters and my friends characters and thats the bottom line.

this statment here "you can't get ****y at someone who spawn kills" is the exact reason why i think dm is so lame and why i think A FULL PVP AREA WOULD BE LEAGUES BETTER because its dnd find a party wack em and enjoy the spoils of war. not let me run to spawn spots so i can chain kill u like i do in halo hahaha im so clever

by the way youcan so quote me on this

when gambling dont ever play another mans game!!!

ps i am not calling rhada a braggart. all i am saying is imho thats the only thing i can see gained from being able to beat people in dm pvp ad thats bragging rights correct me if im wrong please do..if there some magic bozo buttong thats gives u greater superior false life of invunerabiliy slay on hit item thats warded to you from being the best at pvp then i might consider pvp fruitful and not a total loss..till then its stil a time passer till u find something pve worthy where you do gain things besides bragging rights

tl;dr

Strakeln
11-28-2007, 09:51 AM
<snip snip snip snip snip>all i am saying is imho thats the only thing i can see gained from being able to beat people in dm pvp ad thats bragging rights correct me if im wrong please do..It can be fun for some.... obviously not for you. Sheesh.

Since it apparently wasn't as clear as it should have been, the point of my post was that saying you shouldn't be proud about PvP is pretty laughable, considering the same phrase applies to the game (or all games) as a whole. Everything else is just filler to match the flow of your post... one would think that talking about real gunbattles would have been a big clue to that.

actaeon
11-28-2007, 10:43 AM
It can be fun for some.... obviously not for you. Sheesh.

TY. I guess that's as simple as you can put it...Ive already explained why people find it fun in an above post...you (MurderFace) obviously don't have fun in it so cut out the trolling. Why are you even in a post called "standing PvP challenge" other than having the motive to flame PvPer's. There are alot of people playing DDO BECAUSE OF ASHERON'S CALL (and alot who came back to DDO when PvP was installed in Mod 3), which is an excellent PvP game so there are alot of PvP fans in DDO if you don't enjoy competing against other players leave it alone and go kill some more kobolds.

P.S. If you find DDO to be a grind as you mentioned it to be, I don't know how many MMO's you've played or how many you plan to play in the future but this is a game designed to eliminate the grind and is not nearly as gear based as the most popular MMO's out there, the combat is the biggest draw to the game for many I know and they enjoy applying it to fighting other players as opposed to stagnant noobie AI mobs.

ccheath776
11-28-2007, 12:17 PM

Thanks

Whats PVP?
I thought this was ddo not battlefield Fantasy RPG

Khyron
11-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Whats PVP?
I thought this was ddo not battlefield Fantasy RPG

Nope it's pretty much been turned into an FPS

ccheath776
11-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Nope it's pretty much been turned into an FPS

Hmm FPS
Fantasy person shooter

:D:D
Oh me and my dirty little mind.

lasac
11-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I think our hands down champion was Paleale, but he's currently stationed in Iraq (as I understand it) and unavailable. I'd been in a group of three who went against him and a rogue or ranger (Kinetiq, maybe?) and he just made us look like idiots.

I'm not anxious to pvp vs a cleric, again.

Hes not stationed anywhere. He moved somewhere in the middle east and kinetik is who you are talking about a.ka. Chelsea, Animate etc. but they were both great people and awesome players

Murderface
11-28-2007, 03:38 PM
It can be fun for some.... obviously not for you. Sheesh.

Since it apparently wasn't as clear as it should have been, the point of my post was that saying you shouldn't be proud about PvP is pretty laughable, considering the same phrase applies to the game (or all games) as a whole. Everything else is just filler to match the flow of your post... one would think that talking about real gunbattles would have been a big clue to that.
you cant gain fun you either have it or your not, if you have alot of fun doing pvp great but character wise you gain nothing. you said my opinion was ridiculous because you can say that about video games in general. i didnt ever say be proud of pve but not pvp i just said that there really inst enough people to practice pvp dm to actualy have a good competion. if your a champion football player or whatever sport thats great reason to be proud. but if your one of a handful of people whos actual game is dm pvp and out of 10 different people your the best then hmmm is it really that your that good or is it that nobody cares about dm and or pvp

like i said theres alot of grind to keep up with to actualy practice pvp

hey anyone remember that game dragonshard ebberon rts game im so super awsome at that game i pwnd almost everyone i played against problem is there were only about 20-30 people who played it online before it rightfully died. am i proud of the fact that i pwnd everyone in that silly game uhm no did i have fun yes..

oh and i challenege any of you at that game ill put up x4 amount of plat that you do and i will happily mop the floor with ya :)

thats the one ebberon place that i will pwn you mr rhada so buy the game install it send me a tell and ill come kick your posterior from khyber to ghalanda haha

Rhadamathys
11-28-2007, 05:17 PM
murder please go troll elsewhere, your comments are unwelcome if they are going to get this thread locked and you banned. Please feel free to start up your own thread on this matter.

Thanks

Murderface
11-28-2007, 05:42 PM
pvp is great!

Staedtler
11-28-2007, 05:48 PM
you cant gain fun you either have it or your not, if you have alot of fun doing pvp great but character wise you gain nothing. you said my opinion was ridiculous because you can say that about video games in general. i didnt ever say be proud of pve but not pvp i just said that there really inst enough people to practice pvp dm to actualy have a good competion. if your a champion football player or whatever sport thats great reason to be proud. but if your one of a handful of people whos actual game is dm pvp and out of 10 different people your the best then hmmm is it really that your that good or is it that nobody cares about dm and or pvp

like i said theres alot of grind to keep up with to actualy practice pvp

hey anyone remember that game dragonshard ebberon rts game im so super awsome at that game i pwnd almost everyone i played against problem is there were only about 20-30 people who played it online before it rightfully died. am i proud of the fact that i pwnd everyone in that silly game uhm no did i have fun yes..

oh and i challenege any of you at that game ill put up x4 amount of plat that you do and i will happily mop the floor with ya :)

thats the one ebberon place that i will pwn you mr rhada so buy the game install it send me a tell and ill come kick your posterior from khyber to ghalanda haha

So you don't care about DDO PVP but you're spending a lot of time here thread****ting because...?

You don't care. Some people do. Move along now.

actaeon
11-28-2007, 07:21 PM
well unwelcome or not i can state my opinion if i want to. i pay for game and forum access your accusation that i am trolling is also unwelcome

When mommy gave you her credit card to pay for that account did she say to ignore people who oppose your opinion?? It's OK i sympathize for you...the real world doesn't work that way ask mommy about THAT lesson. I can see why children have fun behind the safety of their computer with no repercussions to their actions, they can live out the dream of appeasing their ego without having to go in timeout this time...Now I'll sit and wait for your response that your really a 26 year old marine/boxer/Tom Brady as your retort...

Murderface
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
pvp is greats

actaeon
11-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I wasn't personally attacking you I was simply satirically responding to your immature post to refuse anyone else's input and the fact that your trolling a PvP thread for no reason other than to downplay the fun and competition other people have in it.

P.S. "A response to this is not welcome"

Fura
11-29-2007, 11:00 AM
ON the topic of PvP ave you meet good challenge in Khyber base player so far? did you lose?:P

Rhadamathys
11-29-2007, 11:36 AM
I've only lost to Riedra born toons...there is definately talent on Khyber but none that has beat me so far.

adamkatt
11-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Man I looked through this whole thread and not one single pvp match to watch :(..

Murderface
11-29-2007, 02:52 PM
I wasn't personally attacking you I was simply satirically responding to your immature post to refuse anyone else's input and the fact that your trolling a PvP thread for no reason other than to downplay the fun and competition other people have in it.

P.S. "A response to this is not welcome"

haha my cleric who just made lvl 14 3 days ago who has only been alive 3 weeks has already killed u

he iant nothing special rhada just got a big hp buffer
(Combat): Your searing light hit Adistal for 427 points of light damage.

i never beat rhada but i beat u my second try how interesting

total noob caster here and u died by my hand very interesting

and i suck at pvp thats the funny thing

i mean seriosuly if your so awsome how did you die by the hand of someone who just made his first cleric or caster lvl 14 3 days ago

you saw me coming you had time to react and u died by the hands of a nub cleric who was made ovo 14 3 days ago...and thats funny cuz i never killed rhada once only took me 2 tries to kill ya and you would have been dead along time ago if you wernt cheating with toughness enhancments my 200 hp vs your 400 i sitll got u sucka

by the way did you know pnp dorfs move at 20' while humans move at 30'

hopefully they bring movment in line

and the hilarious thing is i dont even like pvp something to do on off peak hours and thats it

Staedtler
11-29-2007, 02:58 PM
haha my cleric who just made lvl 14 3 days ago who has only been alive 3 weeks has already killed u

i mean seriosuly if your so awsome how did you die by the hand of someone who just made his first cleric or caster lvl 14 3 days ago

you saw me coming you had time to react and u died by the hands of a nub cleric who was made ovo 14 3 days ago...and thats funny cuz i never killed rhada once only took me 2 tries to kill ya and you would have been dead along time ago if you wernt cheating with toughness enhancments my 200 hp vs your 400 i sitll got u sucka

and the hilarious thing is i dont even like pvp something to do on off peak hours and thats it

Congratulations! You managed to gank someone in the pit.

actaeon
11-29-2007, 03:01 PM

I guess ill indulge you lol....Congrats on your Pit gank...We fought about 15 times and I obliterated you 14 of them even though you backstabbed me on every one of them in the pit, you got one crit when i was in the midst of fighting someone else congratulations you can keep postin combat logs im glad your proud of one gank kill outta the many you attempted.

Murderface
11-29-2007, 03:17 PM
you killed me first then i came in and killed u quit lying dude admit you died to a noob cleric that only has gotten lvl 14 3 days ago and isnt even capped.... you got pwnd by someone who never claimed to be any good at pvp

ya got pwnd not ganked and the only reason u survied the other times is because you have twice the hp then i have yet another dorf who brags but is only any good because he takes full advatages of being dorf

the only thing you got going for you is that hp buffer dude quit lying about me ganking u u had time to react and u were moving around trying to kill me as i killed u

my first attack is never a ray

udodged my cf and got owned by my searing ligth baby

like isaid quit lying dude u lost make up all the excuses u want but i never killed rhada but killed u on second try

actaeon
11-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I am done arguing with you as you seem to care about PvP more than I do...the only thing I will leave with is this...YES your kill was a gank by the very definition....I don't know what your issue is with me as I have gotten along with everyone else in the arena thus far I don't know if a dwarf has hurt you in the past or what...as an update...his cleric has attempted to gank me about 5 more times after the initial 15 or so unsuccessful ones and has been embarrassed yet again only to go up top and throw a temper tantrum again as he is doing now on the forums...Its amusing that everytime I've beaten you you claim to have only had that character for 3 days...which is a valid exuse I guess, and then when you achieve your one lucky gank kill you spam the forums and general chat about how funny it is that you've beaten me discounting all the times I have ridiculously embarrassed you...I pvp for fun you obviously pvp to...I don't know...

-Good day, thats all I have left to say on this matter...frankly you must be a bitter old man or a lonely child to evoke that amount of hostility the first 5 minutes I've been on Khyber I pity you my friend...post on from dawn till when mommy tucks you into bed...

P.S. For a guy who claims he dislikes PvP I find it odd he has the basic cleric feats for PvP, max, empower, and quicken not to mention his obsession with me and this thread...

Rhadamathys
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
guys, this isn't a ****ing match, start your own thread already and quit hijacking mine

Jket
11-29-2007, 03:47 PM
they are complaining enough in the game... very childish of both from what ive seen.. bottom fact is its A GAME... stop showing disrespect to the PVP Guru... Go send hate tells to eachother you do not need to hijack a innocent thread because you guys both keep killing eachother and making excuses of why you died or killed the other... Grow up and stop being selfish.

Jket

Murderface
11-29-2007, 04:16 PM
sorry once again

Murderface
11-29-2007, 04:20 PM
they are complaining enough in the game... very childish of both from what ive seen.. bottom fact is its A GAME... stop showing disrespect to the PVP Guru... Go send hate tells to eachother you do not need to hijack a innocent thread because you guys both keep killing eachother and making excuses of why you died or killed the other... Grow up and stop being selfish.

Jket

sorry once again xoxoxoxo jket :)

scuse me for wanting to get a rise from people

i challange you rhada to one copper because imbroke and spent all my plat gearin up my clr !

Amabel
11-29-2007, 09:38 PM
... when do we get some videos to watch?

Jket
11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
i saw a couple of his clips.. one against wizgodess and one against mav... both i believe were just demo clips but i think he has the capability for full footage... prolly just no challengers ;P.

zoltan00
12-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I've been talking to Actaeon and from what i heard dude it sounds like the "guru" is scared he didn't want to fight Adistal. He was at the lobster with multiple toons just watching claiming to be afk. A lot of ppl have gave adistal his respect and he proved that he's no joke he said what he was going to do. He destroyed everyone except rhada now only thing im wondering is if rhada is punking out. Maybe he sees that adistal has his number and wants to take the bet back. Well anyways i guess actaeon proves that if you want some real pvp come to Ghallanda wheres the real action takes place...tanks aswell just bring it.

P.S. Keep owning that pit Adistal!!!....Represent lhazaar :)

Vordax
12-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I've been talking to Actaeon and from what i heard dude it sounds like the "guru" is scared he didn't want to fight Adistal. He was at the lobster with multiple toons just watching claiming to be afk. A lot of ppl have gave adistal his respect and he proved that he's no joke he said what he was going to do. He destroyed everyone except rhada now only thing im wondering is if rhada is punking out. Maybe he sees that adistal has his number and wants to take the bet back. Well anyways i guess actaeon proves that if you want some real pvp come to Ghallanda wheres the real action takes place...tanks aswell just bring it.

P.S. Keep owning that pit Adistal!!!....Represent lhazaar :)

This is why PVP is bad. Posts like this that create divisiveness. The whole bragging, and l33t ****.

V

Strakeln
12-01-2007, 12:33 PM

P.S. Keep owning that pit Adistal!!!....Represent lhazaar :)Oh, I dunno... he states in a post above that he's often hanging out in the PvP tavern on one account while playing PvE on the other.

My 200kpp bet in favor of Rhada or Dabi is still standing, no takers yet... :D

actaeon
12-01-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm just here to have fun and play with new people, I am nowhere to the extreme of Zoltan lol, I have talked to Rhada on multiple occasions as to why we haven't been able to meet up and there hasn't been an issue...nothing against Zoltan hes just having fun lol.
And btw the only reason i haven't taken your bet Strak is because I'm saving the 200k plat to bet on myself against Rhada seeing as how I'll have 3:1 odds

All in good fun :P -Adistal

zoltan00
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
This is why PVP is bad. Posts like this that create divisiveness. The whole bragging, and l33t ****.

V

Omg dude look this is a thread about pvp if you dont like it **** off dude Im not starting **** with anyone i have no idea who you are. If i made you feel bad then i apologize dude chill man my buddy paid money for this dude.... 25 bucks just for him not to show up....anyway well i hope they fight over the weekend. so just chill dudes!!!

Barik
12-01-2007, 02:13 PM
They are both signed up for the tournament On Friday. No need for all this talk :) Adistal is a PvP beast and he has my respect for actually comin over here and doin what he said he would. He was never disrespectful. I hope someday we get you in here zoltan.
Ya and i have seen rhada do the same thing...he plays 2 accts on 2 dif computers so just because hes in the lobster doesnt mean hes there.

Svetelana
12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Omg dude look this is a thread about pvp if you dont like it **** off dude Im not starting **** with anyone i have no idea who you are. If i made you feel bad then i apologize dude chill man my buddy paid money for this dude.... 25 bucks just for him not to show up....anyway well i hope they fight over the weekend. so just chill dudes!!!

The real reason he switched servers......

Rhadamathys
12-01-2007, 02:53 PM
as I explained to adistal, I've had to work 36 of 48 hours over the past few days due to a release that we put out this morning. I plan on fighting him this afternoong (once my wife leaves since she's already ****ed about the time I spent at work)... :)

Rhadamathys
12-01-2007, 05:50 PM
like I told adistal, wow, been a long time since I got my a** kicked, but that is what he did, 7-0 nice job.

actaeon
12-01-2007, 05:56 PM
like I told adistal, wow, been a long time since I got my a** kicked, but that is what he did, 7-0 nice job.

TY sir it was a fun fight :P maybe well meet up again in the tournament

And Strak its a good thing no1 took your bet...you are a little richer this day because of it ;P

zoltan00
12-01-2007, 06:08 PM
sup Rhada go post the Fraps vid on your fight with adistal hehe

Strakeln
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
TY sir it was a fun fight :P maybe well meet up again in the tournament

And Strak its a good thing no1 took your bet...you are a little richer this day because of it ;PWoulda been worth the free advertising for Qwijymart :p

Grats dude, Rhada is good.

(p.s. I wasn't really trying to get you in particular to bet... anyone would have done... hah! chickens!)

zarthak
09-27-2011, 06:01 PM
sure sign me up for sorc just a couple of basic rules no spawn killing or heat death,FOD icy prison

my sorc FLAMELORE

Tap4black
09-27-2011, 06:02 PM
http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/7/3/HolyNecroPost_759032.jpg

noinfo
09-27-2011, 09:57 PM
sure sign me up for sorc just a couple of basic rules no spawn killing or heat death,FOD icy prison

my sorc FLAMELORE

When I saw the OP thought what the? Until I saw the post date. I remember all my new level 14 toons getting smashed by him :D

Dark-Star
09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Long live Rhada da Battle Cleric!

Gkar
09-28-2011, 12:30 PM

my sorc FLAMELORE

4 year old necro...impressive lmao

Chai
09-28-2011, 12:39 PM

my sorc FLAMELORE

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/001/376/ThreadNecro.gif?1259371925

Boldrin
09-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Damn, what a blast from the past from the old Riedra days... Epic Necro..