PDA

View Full Version : My latest CS experience

Cinwulf
08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
I had an orb of the efreet in my inventory after completing chains of flame. For some reason the quest giver did not exchange it for an orb of the djin. At the time I was unaware that he didn't make the exchange and went to zwabi to turn in the orb.

Zwabi is looking for the orb of the djin so would not accept the orb of the efreet. (AT this time I did not realize there were 2 different orbs and filed a help ticket to resolve the issue) I waited for at least an hour with no response, so started looking for a group to keep me occupied while I waited.

I joined a group doing XC hoping to get a planar gird. So I'm in the quest and then I notice text in a light beige color as a tell from a gm (why in the world did they change gm text from yellow to a color so close to white it looks like my combat log text?) Perhaps my slight color vision imparity led to the non distinction but needless to say after I saw the text it was too late, my ticket had been closed an hour and a half after opening it. Even though I did respond but was not responded to in kind. So I filed another ticket.

Roughly in about the same time frame I was contacted by another gm, this time paying particular attention to the chat messages by leaving my guild chat window up instead of my combat log so as not to confuse the color again.

Anyway after finally realizing that it was not Zwabi who wanted the efreet orb but the quest giver for chains of flame who would then give me the djin orb for zwabi all they could do for me is tell me if the quest didn't advance for me I had to redo the quest. :/

Obviously I had already done the quest as I had the orb of the efreet the quest giver was looking for. How hard would it have been to advance my quest instead of telling me basically tough do it again? What a complete waste of time, very frustrating to say the least. Sure I can run it again but I've done that quest so many times it bores me to tears.

Why is it beyond the gm's power to advance a quest that should have been advanced and save a customer the grief? 3 hours waiting for resolution and the best they can do is tell me do it over :/ Then ask if there is anything else they can do for me? What did they do for me in the first place? I did not reply as I'm sure I would not be able to say anything nice at the time.

What can a gm do regarding gameplay? Anything? It would be nice to know beforehand what they can and can't do so I can avoid wasting my time.

Strakeln
08-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Here's the thing... you can get that Orb of the Efreeti without actually completing the quest - you just need to be in a party when it completes the quest, similar to those early Goodblade quests. However, you cannot get the NPC to trade you for the Orb of the Djinn until you are present for quest completion. As a result, the GM was likely reluctant to advance your quest, since you could have technically obtained the orb without completing the quest.

bandyman1
08-03-2007, 09:48 AM
One question.

Did you get an end reward for the quest?

If not, I would say chances are 99.9% that you did not reset the quest before running it, and so were not on the proper sequence of the quest chain. Sucks, but almost everyone has done it at least once.

Cinwulf
08-03-2007, 09:54 AM
One question.

Did you get an end reward for the quest?

If not, I would say chances are 99.9% that you did not reset the quest before running it, and so were not on the proper sequence of the quest chain. Sucks, but almost everyone has done it at least once.

Honestly I don't remember. But yeah it sucks. I could care less about the crappy end reward for this quest, I was just trying to get keyed for the DQ raid my guild wants to run on Friday evening.

How do you get the orb without completing the quest?

bandyman1
08-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Honestly I don't remember. But yeah it sucks. I could care less about the crappy end reward for this quest, I was just trying to get keyed for the DQ raid my guild wants to run on Friday evening.

How do you get the orb without completing the quest?

I know your frustration man. It's just like running Von 1-4 flagging for the Dragon raid. Almost every time, you'll have that one guy that doesn't advance a part, and you're screwed :( .

PS. Yes....I have been " that one guy " before :D .

Timothea
08-11-2007, 08:34 PM
...of what can and cannot be accomplished.

After killing the boss giant in Redwillows Ruins, we noticed the objuective didn't get credited as completed. Three of us waited an hour for a GM response while the other three got bored and left. The GM finally informs us that he can only re-spawn the giants, although we're standing in a completely unpopulated instance, obviously having been successful. Had the three party members who waited so patiently been unable to kill the giants a second time, we would have wasted an hour of game time for nothing. Had we continued on into other quests, I suspect we would have received 0 XP for the entire mission.

When a similar problem occurred in Storm Cleave, with the NPCs failing to spawn and credit not being awarded for killing various optional mobs, the GM repeatedly re-spawned the upper wolf pack rather than the lower wolf pack while claiming all the wolf packs had been re-spawned. When we finished it without several of the optionals, due to missing mobs and supply crates.

Is the problem lazy GMs, poorly trained GMs or GMs who don't possess the necessary tools to fix the problems that occur in-game?

Throw us a bone, Turbine, so that we can stop waiting for ineffectual or inappropriate responses from in-game support.

Ziggy
08-11-2007, 11:38 PM
from sparker

Let's clear up a few things about all this "wrong information".
GMs can NOT force quest completion or advancement. This has never been done a single time for a single player, ever. It simply is not possible. Now if you mean "force completion" by respawning a bugged monster that will advance a quest or objective when it's killed, then yes, we can do that, but we can NOT simply advance a quest or complete an objective for a player. This has never been done. In the case of Blaze, recreating him does not allow players to complete the quest if they did not speak to him at the start. Unfortunately that means that players must redo the quest when this happens.
GMs can not reset zones, the only way to reset an instance is for it to be abandoned by all players for at least 5 minutes. Again, GMs have never "reset a zone".

Timothea
08-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks for posting that, Ziggy. Now that I know that, I can make an informed decision when an instance is bugged.

Strakeln
08-12-2007, 08:41 PM
How do you get the orb without completing the quest?Similar to those early quests of Lord Goodblade, if you are in a party that completes the quest but you are not in the instance, the orb will magically appear in your inventory (not bs-ing ya). However, since you did not complete the quest, the quest giver will not take it from you and give you back the one that you need to give to the Djinni.