PDA

View Full Version : Explain, please.

GlassCannon
08-02-2007, 03:12 PM
I log in to play and it says Banned on my account page. I know for a fact that there is no reason for a Ban, so please explain it.

My wife was equally puzzled. It's her account too.

lenric
08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
That might be it right there...its against the rules to share an account even within the same household.

GlassCannon
08-02-2007, 04:11 PM
That might be it right there...its against the rules to share an account even within the same household.

We have shared it for over a year, and made NOTE of that quite clearly over 9 months ago.

We started sharing back when we couldn't afford 2 seperate accounts, then when I got Drow the second account idea went out the window. Right now we're under another financial pinch(yay for the rising cost of living destroying my budget...), but a shared account is clearly not grounds for a ban, given the fact we have recieved absolutely no correspondence to said rule being violated by any means.

A proper explanation by the parties actually involved is required.

Sparker
08-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Please PM me with your character name account name and server that you played on and I will look into this for you.

We have shared it for over a year, and made NOTE of that quite clearly over 9 months ago.

We started sharing back when we couldn't afford 2 seperate accounts, then when I got Drow the second account idea went out the window. Right now we're under another financial pinch(yay for the rising cost of living destroying my budget...), but a shared account is clearly not grounds for a ban, given the fact we have recieved absolutely no correspondence to said rule being violated by any means.

JelloMold
08-02-2007, 04:23 PM

The proper explanation is in the User Agreement that you accepted to play the game on day one. Just because they didn't catch it until now does not mean that you were not in violation.

Vardak
08-02-2007, 04:25 PM
The proper explanation is in the User Agreement that you accepted to play the game on day one. Just because they didn't catch it until now does not mean that you were not in violation.

OR, more likely there is another explanation. Turbine has no possible way to verify who is operating the keyboard at the other end of the data stream.

GlassCannon
08-02-2007, 04:35 PM
OR, more likely there is another explanation. Turbine has no possible way to verify who is operating the keyboard at the other end of the data stream.

True :D

But, from now on I will be stern about enforcing the two accounts thing, if that particular violation is the case.

GlassCannon
08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
Please PM me with your character name account name and server that you played on and I will look into this for you.

Thank you, kind sir.

Everyone else, please let this thread quietly close, as I am being helped. Thanks for the feedback.

Sparker
08-02-2007, 05:41 PM
PM sent, I am closing the thread.

Thank you, kind sir.

Everyone else, please let this thread quietly close, as I am being helped. Thanks for the feedback.