PDA

View Full Version : Just Another Thought

Aethene
08-02-2007, 02:42 AM
So...

We want to foster a spirit of inclusiveness in our raids now?

What is the incentive for the lvl 14 BARB to give his +3 INT tome to the lvl 14 WIZ in the group who actually needs it?
What if there are 2 WIZ's, on leet and one casual?
You seriously think the casual WIZ will have the resources to sway the BARB into giving him the INT tome?

This system is upposed to help out casual gamers how?

sure everyone has a 16% to pull loot.... most of it will be for a diffent class.

The way I see it, is that at best (12 group) we'll on average get the same probability of loot dropping before... but with anarchy over who gets it.

On AVERAGE (<12 man group) we're getting less loot... also with anarchy over who gets it.

Please don't tell me the super leet guy with all the toys can't/won't 'OUTBID' the casual guy in a bargaining war over a raid loot drop.

I usually run with smaller raid groups (3-7 man) and am looking at a significant drop in my looting :(

Anyone who thinks that the change will help everyone get loot either doesn't understand the math behind it, or believes they can outbid a guy with 6 vorplas, 7 smiters, 5 paralyzers, 3 +6 stat items, etc. GOOD LUCK OUT THERE JOE BLOWS, you better get the EXACT piece of raid loot you need, cuz you ain't gonna bargain for it.

PLZ either use tokens or don't change it... IT AIN'T BROKEN

and if you think people won't leave over this, the enhancement changes, the HV, the evasion nerf, etc. enjoy your merged servers :P

IF you disagree with the fact that the chance of an average guy geting raid loot just went dwn plz post REASONS. IF you agree /sign

BlueLightBandit
08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
So...

sure everyone has a 16% to pull loot.... most of it will be for a diffent class.

Who said anything about helping out casual gamers?

And if there are ten raid items, then yes, you have a ten percent of sixteen percent chance of getting any one specific raid item. 16% x 10%. But you multiply that times six at the chance that the item you're looking for drops somewhere, giving you roughly a .096 chance (9.6%) that the specific item you're looking for drops -somewhere-.

Besides, if you already have the sword of shadows, and you get another one... isn't the spirit of helping out the casual gamers that you suggested... wouldn't you just GIVE the sword away?

Also, since we're fostering inclusion... wouldn't it make more sense now to run raids with people you like, since you're going to have to trade for the end items anyway? I mean... Turbine has -forced- us to run with people we like?!? -GASP- Oh the horror?

QYB already.

Harbinder
08-02-2007, 08:01 AM
IF you disagree with the fact that the chance of an average guy geting raid loot just went dwn plz post REASONS. IF you agree /sign

I think the casual players might be running raids with more players. More players in the raid = more d6 being rolled for loot drops = more loot dropping, and getting shared, in my estimation.

1 - ATM, he has to roll for and win raid loot he *might* want. In the future, every raid he goes in he has a 1/6 chance at loot being *assigned* to him without winning a roll, PLUS other players might get loot they can't use/don't need, and just *give* it to him, with or without rolling against other players or bidding. I submit that a casual player will lose bid wars vs- full time players, but that brings me to my next point:

2. - The full-time player who has the loot won't need it thus the chances of casual players getting loot increase.

3. - Casual players run with raid leaders of all types. For instance I might try stating once at the beginning of a raid that ANY raid loot that drops gets rolled for, regardless of who it dropped for, or what it is.

Aesop
08-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Ya know if in a raid I got something I didn't need... I'd just give it to someone. Tomes are a little tricky...as I wouldn't mind upping all my stats. If multiple people need it I'd have them /roll d100 and give it to the highest ... or the person who rolled a 1 because that's just sad.

Aesop

Uska
08-02-2007, 08:39 AM
So...

We want to foster a spirit of inclusiveness in our raids now?

What is the incentive for the lvl 14 BARB to give his +3 INT tome to the lvl 14 WIZ in the group who actually needs it?
What if there are 2 WIZ's, on leet and one casual?
You seriously think the casual WIZ will have the resources to sway the BARB into giving him the INT tome?

The way I see it, is that at best (12 group) we'll on average get the same probability of loot dropping before... but with anarchy over who gets it.

On AVERAGE (<12 man group) we're getting less loot... also with anarchy over who gets it.

Please don't tell me the super leet guy with all the toys can't/won't 'OUTBID' the casual guy in a bargaining war over a raid loot drop.

I usually run with smaller raid groups (3-7 man) and am looking at a significant drop in my looting :(

Anyone who thinks that the change will help everyone get loot either doesn't understand the math behind it, or believes they can outbid a guy with 6 vorplas, 7 smiters, 5 paralyzers, 3 +6 stat items, etc. GOOD LUCK OUT THERE JOE BLOWS, you better get the EXACT piece of raid loot you need, cuz you ain't gonna bargain for it.

PLZ either use tokens or don't change it... IT AIN'T BROKEN

and if you think people won't leave over this, the enhancement changes, the HV, the evasion nerf, etc. enjoy your merged servers :P

Its very broken and token systems again only benifit power gamers and from anyways if I can use the item I am very likely to let the guy who could use it the most have rather than the power gamer who can pay more.