PDA

View Full Version : Vista Sound Problems

KorbenDallas
08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Hello, i just installed Vista (fresh) 32 bit, and after finally getting DDO to load up and patch properly, now im experiencing very bad sound lag. The Music, sound effects, everything seems to be choppy and laggy. I could play without music, but i need my sound.

I updated directx, realtech sound drivers for windows vista, have been fiddling with every sound option in and out of the game, and for some reason just cant get it to work properly. Before Vista, with XP on the same computer i never had any issues at all.

PLEASE HELP!

slammedcivic2007
08-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Hello, i just installed Vista (fresh) 32 bit, and after finally getting DDO to load up and patch properly, now im experiencing very bad sound lag. The Music, sound effects, everything seems to be choppy and laggy. I could play without music, but i need my sound.

I updated directx, realtech sound drivers for windows vista, have been fiddling with every sound option in and out of the game, and for some reason just cant get it to work properly. Before Vista, with XP on the same computer i never had any issues at all.

PLEASE HELP!
I use vista and have the same problem laggie and cracklin sound i have done everything from drivers to sound card and it wont stop. I played with XP pro before with no issues. It has to do with the fact turbine does not support Vista. I believe it's some kind of file error during setup. Something Vista does not support i think....

Altumus
08-02-2007, 04:59 PM
What happens if you try software sound mode?

flatlyne2001
08-02-2007, 05:50 PM
except through software mode, no more hardware mode for it. The only hardware level sound is EAX and OpenAL

may want to check settings