PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Gencon Party News!

Merlask
08-01-2007, 06:48 PM
DDO Party @ Gencon Update!!

Normally I'm not one to throw around buzz words such as 'exciting' or 'most awesome thing ever' but...

Some very exciting surprises are in store for you for the party @ Gencon!

SPECIAL GUESTS:
In attendence at the party, we will have two very special guests! We will have Eldorudo and Silthe of Turbine!

SPECIAL BADGES:
Worried about how to spot your fellow DDO player at the party, or wandering around Gencon? I've created these special little badges for you (http://www.nemonon.com/assets/images/ddogenconbadge.pdf). I've measured them so that they will fit inside your badge holders when you print them out.

You can do one of 4 things with them

Simply print them off and you can slide them in the plastic holders (careful about covering up your gencon badge though... those badge ppl at the convention are picky).
Pin them to your outfit where others can see it
Laminate them or put them on sticky lables
Eat them (I don't recommend this one)

Don't want to mess with it? Have no fear... I've had some less nifty ones put onto sticker lables, and a marker will be handy for ya at the party.

SPECIAL PRIZES
We will have some very awesome things for you as gifts, but you're going to have to work for it!!

Game 1: The DDO Treasure Chest!
Merlask will offer you the chance to roll a d20 with her. Beat her roll, and get your choice of one of our gifts from the Treasure Chest! Some of the known drops from this chest include:

DDO T-Shirts
Copies of DDO signed by the development team
Framed & signed DDO Art
. . .and some other surprises!!

If you don't beat her roll, you'll get a D&D sticker, and she might let you keep the d20 ;)

Game 2: Fill The Raid
The first 25 players to approach Merlask and ask to be 'In The Raid' will receive a free ddo game card!

Game 3: The Best Badge
So I'm giving you these printed badges (http://www.nemonon.com/assets/images/ddogenconbadge.pdf), yes? The top 3 party goers, who are most creative with their display/use of their badge, will receive a special prize! No premature submissions however, I don't wanna see your ideas until the day of the party ^^

MISS THE PARTY?
If you see Merlask (http://www.nemonon.com/assets/images/genconmerlask.jpg)around the convention, still come up and say hello! Wear your badge so she can spot you! She may have a little something to offer you for saying hi! (I of course am the one in the purple dress :P ) I will have the black cavalier hat with the red feather, and you'll see me walking about with a man who has a soul patch (yes, husband's soul patch came before Varro's)

So here's to the party, and seeing you there! There may be yet some more surprises and contests/games that I haven't told you about. Details of the original party announcement can be located here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=115539)

Post Script: Merlask now owes Silthe exactly one soul ><

Mockduck
08-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Wow! This will be the event!

Eldorudo
08-02-2007, 01:07 AM
I look forward to meeting and hanging out with you all!

Krysta_Shadowvol
08-02-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm not sure what I am looking forward to more now Gencon or the DDO Party?:D

It's going to be great to meet everybody.

Merlask
08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Yeah im starting to call this 'DDOCon"

Olaustt
08-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Ok, im now officially jealous! I hope you all roll 1's!! Just kidding wish I could be there it looks like fun.. what time does the group sex start? LoL

Silthe
08-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Wait, GenCon is that weekend too? Sweet!

~Silthe

fleetsbane
08-02-2007, 12:20 PM
DDO Party @ Gencon Update!!

Post Script: Merlask now owes Silthe exactly one soul ><

shecky has a pretty good, strong soul.. i am sure he would let u have it to give to Silthe.. i mean come on he IS a team player...:D

Merlask
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Actually I already owe *counts* 5 souls to Quarion and 6 to +Sir...

this may bring into question the quality of said soul offerings ^^

5footStep
08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
arrgh! Okay I am so getting on my motorcycle now and riding 38 hours nonstop to Indiana... um.. ill be the one covered in dead bugs.

Merlask
08-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Girl if you can make it I will buy you a round of anything you want!

5footStep
08-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Girl if you can make it I will buy you a round of anything you want!

oh you are SO on! Hopefully I will hear soon if I get my vacation approved and can find doggie sitters. If this works out I am thinking I might as well make it worth my while and get my Ironbutt certification! (ooo the pain I can already imagine)
http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/

yah.. im THAT crazy :cool:

Merlask
08-03-2007, 08:36 AM
*pounce!!!!!*

Draegha
08-03-2007, 09:54 AM
You know, I hadnt intended to come to this, but since Silthe is going to be there, I absolutely have to attend! He is so dreamy!

Hrm, is there a ban on adult...umm..placement of the badges? Im sure I can talk Eldarin into doing something that will surely be a crowd pleaser.

Draegha
Ada...Sarlona

Cahira
08-03-2007, 12:08 PM
Don't know if I should post this here or in the other thread...but I'll swing by for a few minutes at least. And I'll probably be bringing my husband (Brynjolf) with me. :)

cdbd3rd
08-04-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure what I am looking forward to more now Gencon or the DDO Party?:D

It's going to be great to meet everybody.

I can answer that one...

If it wasn't for this DDO party, I wouldn't be trying to get there this year.;)

:)

cdbd3rd
08-04-2007, 08:56 AM
arrgh! Okay I am so getting on my motorcycle now and riding 38 hours nonstop to Indiana... um.. ill be the one covered in dead bugs.

Yeah, those short rides almost aren't worth the effort, are they.:rolleyes:
LOL

flatlyne2001
08-04-2007, 09:06 AM
OMG you're a woman I could easily fall in love with, mine played DDO with us for a while but there is NO WAY she would IronButt

oh you are SO on! Hopefully I will hear soon if I get my vacation approved and can find doggie sitters. If this works out I am thinking I might as well make it worth my while and get my Ironbutt certification! (ooo the pain I can already imagine)
http://www.ironbutt.com/ridecerts/

yah.. im THAT crazy :cool:

flatlyne2001

Mabar(until the merge)

Merlask
08-05-2007, 08:18 PM
If anyone is having trouble printing the badges from the OP link, let me know right away

5footStep
08-06-2007, 12:16 AM
OMG you're a woman I could easily fall in love with, mine played DDO with us for a while but there is NO WAY she would IronButt

flatlyne2001

Mabar(until the merge)

*evil grin* oh stop you had me at OMG.

Tavok
08-07-2007, 02:51 AM
Game 3: The Best Badge[/COLOR]
So I'm giving you these printed badges (http://www.nemonon.com/assets/images/ddogenconbadge.pdf), yes? The top 3 party goers, who are most creative with their display/use of their badge, will receive a special prize! No premature submissions however, I don't wanna see your ideas until the day of the party ^^

If I was going I know EXACTLY where I would put that thing :D

Merlask
08-07-2007, 08:39 AM
If I was going I know EXACTLY where I would put that thing :D

Something tells me you're not alone :p

cdbd3rd
08-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Something tells me you're not alone :p

/Adjusts foil muskateer cap.

Was I thinking that loudly?:confused: ?

/Adds a foil liner to his cap.:rolleyes:

fleetsbane
08-08-2007, 08:20 PM
not that i would support .. lol.. another company BUT i just read at tentonhammer that ..

As part of the festivities for Gen Con in Indianapolis, Sony Online Entertainment will be hosting a Meet and Greet for those of you in the area. Join us at Jillian's on August 17th from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Food and drinks will be provided, along with entertainment and fun.

i figure it might be a good way to see what they are up to AND , well if they are giving out snacks,,, lmao:eek: ;)

Merlask
08-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Oh good god I hope Jillians realizes what they've gotten themselves into. Gamers are gonna OWN that place >< I've got about 70 of you, and who knows how many Sony folks will be there...and their time slot kinda pseudo over laps ours

mebbe they be on diff floor I hope :P we own the bar mwuhahaha

5footStep
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Oh good god I hope Jillians realizes what they've gotten themselves into. Gamers are gonna OWN that place >< I've got about 70 of you, and who knows how many Sony folks will be there...and their time slot kinda pseudo over laps ours

mebbe they be on diff floor I hope :P we own the bar mwuhahaha

mmmmmm.... bar
Yay I can attempt to actually drink like Sprue for once!

Mockduck
08-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow, Jillian's will be full of gamers!

Silthe
08-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Not to be nitpicky, (although that IS my job), but that other party is on Friday night and ours is on Saturday.

This of course doesn't mean we can't crash theirs, of course...

~Silthe

Merlask
08-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Not to be nitpicky, (although that IS my job), but that other party is on Friday night and ours is on Saturday.

This of course doesn't mean we can't crash theirs, of course...

~Silthe

My my, should we call it a 'raid' mwuhahaha

and yeah, I realized it after the fact, hadn't gotten on here to correct it :X even so, I imagine there will still be oodles of gamers anyway >< but yes no worries over the Sony folks

I would be curious to see when they started planning their party vs when I had mine situated hehehe

PhoenixFire31
08-10-2007, 06:26 AM

and yeah, I realized it after the fact, hadn't gotten on here to correct it :X even so, I imagine there will still be oodles of gamers anyway >< but yes no worries over the Sony folks

I would be curious to see when they started planning their party vs when I had mine situated hehehe

BAH! They have spies and are coping you...doing a day before to attempt to lessen the coolness of our party. All this is an attempt to kill DDO and save their dying Vanguard.

/Adjusts her Tinfoil Hat.:D

5footStep
08-11-2007, 02:54 AM

ooo Tipsy Raid on Sony! *digs around in backpack* Now where is my party hat? Oh well this hotel lampshade looks JUST like it! *Takes her Mace of Destruction to Sony's Vanguard.. for making me spend hours crafting just to have everything always catch on fire.. AND not informing me that specializing as a lumberjack would lead to emotional problems.* ..

LordDamax
08-13-2007, 11:44 PM
How big is our area Merlask? This is gonna be sick.

Counting down to Drunkfest '07

Merlask
08-14-2007, 09:14 AM
well it's a lounge area... ive seen the game room floor, and we should be able to be spread out enough. but yes we will most likely dominate that floor lol

PhoenixFire31
08-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Woot!! OFf to my moms...I'll leave her house tomorrow morning at 7 ish and be in Indy about 4pm!!! See you all there!!!!:D :D :D

Merlask
08-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Well I wont get there until thursday morning, but those of you already hittin the road, see you there!!!!

Cupcake
08-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I wont be there, butt I do wish you all a grand time and safe travels.

LordDamax
08-15-2007, 12:58 PM
haha! no wait at The Ram for lunch today! See ya saturday ;)

Merlask
08-15-2007, 01:24 PM
booourns, I never get to eat at the ram on gencon time it's always frikkin busy -_- and it's biologically impossible for us to shift our eating schedule to try and catch them on the offtimes grrr. Box me up some ribs :P

LordDamax
08-15-2007, 03:49 PM
booourns, I never get to eat at the ram on gencon time it's always frikkin busy -_- and it's biologically impossible for us to shift our eating schedule to try and catch them on the offtimes grrr. Box me up some ribs :P

Man that was a good burger. ;)

Merlask
08-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Man that was a good burger. ;)

*shakes fist at you in an angry fashion*

cdbd3rd
08-15-2007, 07:59 PM
/Looks up from the depths of his sullen mizzery...

Safe travels to all ye, and make sure to add a dent to their booze supply for me.

And take many pix. ;)

Merlask
08-15-2007, 08:05 PM
don't worry... many MANY pics will be taken. My husband goes crazy when we go on vacation because I get a little shutter-buggy.

When we were on honeymoon, I asked him how many pictures I could take on the new memory card

Him: "At the max setting?"
Me: "Yeah... for the whole week."
Him: "Well I'll put it to you this way... you could take 80 pictures a day"
Me: "And I WILL!"

eh yeah and I did :X

I'll be sure to post the con pictures once we get back ^^

Psyk0sisS
08-16-2007, 07:12 AM
Never been to GenCon, lived in Indy my whole life of 28 yrs...this is the first year I'm excited to go down there and mingle (though I wont be goin into GenCon, just Jillians lol)...and then lucky me, in 2 weeks will be of the the NY Renn Faire :D. I love this time of year!

I hope all are safe in their travels to my little city, see ya on Sat. :)

Attomic
08-16-2007, 06:48 PM
shecky has a pretty good, strong soul.. i am sure he would let u have it to give to Silthe.. i mean come on he IS a team player...:D

I know Shecky IRL. He's hangin' on to his soul because, quote, "There ain't enough left of it to give away." :D

LordDamax
08-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Merlask is a hottie :P

Sir_Lawrence
08-17-2007, 06:35 PM
I am afraid to report that I was unable to obtain a Teleport Without Error spell and therefore cannot participate in the festivities. I wish all the celebrants the best! Roll a d20 for me at the convention and related parties! (And don't forget to perform your best in-character dance emote!)

Tavok
08-18-2007, 12:15 AM

You would have to form into 12 man groups then. Preferably 3-5 man teams actually if you want to maximize loot... O wait...