PDA

View Full Version : DDO gimped my toon!

MondoGrunday
08-01-2007, 11:04 AM
i just returned from 8 month hiatus from the game to find out my batman build has been gimped badly.
i have 10 lvl pally, 2 rogue, 1 fighter
the fighter was for extra feat, rogue for evasion and disable traps, pally for saves. he uses a kopesh and has all the slashing feats.
apparently the evasion wont work unless i have mithral breastplate.
my question is this, do i take another lvl or rogue to put more points into my search and disable, or do i scrap the trap thing and get some mith bp and keep evasion working for me?
help save batman!!!!
thanks for help in advance
Darigaaz - Fernia

Zenako
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Evasion was never supposed to work in Medium or Heavy armor or while encumbered, but it did. That was corrected.

If you have enough dex to make it worthwhile, then just go for robes. Otherwise get the best light armor you can, which at the moment would be +5 Mithril Breastplate for a pure AC point of view.

sigtrent
08-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Basicaly both. Grab a mithral BP or Chain Shirt and level up in Rouge every once in a while to shore up your skills.

Re-do your enhancments and pay close attentiong to cost vs benefit. Most folks wtih batman characters can manage to make them work out with some strategic adjustment.

The biggest thing that has "killed" the batman build is that at high levels AC becomes less dominant and they can no longer play "initimi-tank" as effectively, nor can any character centered on high AC / High intimidate.

Strakeln
08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
i just returned from 8 month hiatus from the game to find out my batman build has been gimped badly.
i have 10 lvl pally, 2 rogue, 1 fighter
the fighter was for extra feat, rogue for evasion and disable traps, pally for saves. he uses a kopesh and has all the slashing feats.
apparently the evasion wont work unless i have mithral breastplate.
my question is this, do i take another lvl or rogue to put more points into my search and disable, or do i scrap the trap thing and get some mith bp and keep evasion working for me?
help save batman!!!!
thanks for help in advance
Darigaaz - FerniaIn my opinion: drop the trap thing, 99.9% of all traps can be avoided/mitigated by even the squishiest of characters. Keep your open lock skill going though.

Also note that evasion will work in a Mithral Chain Shirt as well as the Kundarak Delving Suit (get it soon, before it stops dropping!)

Snike
08-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Check out the post I reposted since the thread wipes.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116216

Not my build I just reposted it. But the interest lies in some comments the OP made about the changes to batman builds...

Notes: The Junkman is a Mod 4.1-friendly evasive DPS paladin that brings the right blend of defense with outstanding offensive firepower. When Turbine "fixed" evasion, the assumption among the hoi polloi was that evasion tanks were screwed, and that the various Batman builds were dead.

However, Mod 4.0 also brought with it mobs of incredible offensive capability, where unless you're aiming for 55+ AC, you might as well have no AC: you'll get hit the same amount. HP has become the primary feature for melee characters, not AC, in Elite Gianthold -- unless you have a dedicated defensive tank build with several pieces of elite and raid loot gear.

The Junkman then takes the fusion of these two trends and elects for a straight up beatdown paladin with incredible immunities and saving throws, and excellent damage output via THF line.

This character will never focus on AC -- but will look to save, to be immune, and to have adequate health. With clerics routinely popping 350+ point Heals, even a WF tank can be healed to full with a single cast.

But I'm guessing the only problem I wll see leveling up will people will see my build and figure I'm a tank. I decided on taking WF Heavy Armor feat at level one because of this and will be swapping it out someime in the 10+ levels. But batmans are not dead you just need to decide to move your toon to AC or DPS, can't really be both effectively.

spifflove
08-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Wear the ugly armor, go for 4 levels of rogue total at level 20 and use human versatility boost in place of rogue action boost (yes another gimp)

cdbd3rd
08-04-2007, 10:31 AM

Aw, batman builds are so 8-months ago... :D

j/pokin, Mondo. Good feedback posted already.

WB, and GL.

MondoGrunday
08-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Wear the ugly armor, go for 4 levels of rogue total at level 20 and use human versatility boost in place of rogue action boost (yes another gimp)

wow, you aint kiddin. i finally got my hands on some mithral breastplate +5 and it looks like someone skinned their sofa :eek:
i'm going to throw another level of rogue in at 14 to dump some skill points into search and disable. i'm building toward the future for this build.
great advice all, thx

spifflove
08-04-2007, 01:54 PM
Also, since barbarians are now the new crowned kings of DDO, (replacing the batman), consider rolling a (dare i say dorf :p ) pure barbarian.