PDA

View Full Version : If this raid loot mechanic goes live, at least change the flagging for VoN and DQ

Mhykke
08-01-2007, 10:13 AM
If these loot rules go into effect, don't make us rerun a bunch of prequests for raids. I mean, the new loot rules already discourage raiding, at least by less than full groups......Make it easier on the gaming population by not having them run a series of quests to rerun a raid.

Aspenor
08-01-2007, 10:26 AM
If these loot rules go into effect, don't make us rerun a bunch of prequests for raids. I mean, the new loot rules already discourage raiding, at least by less than full groups......Make it easier on the gaming population by not having them run a series of quests to rerun a raid.

/signed

If we are forced to run these quests for flagging, remove the 3 day waiting period. That is all.

Gimpster
08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
If these loot rules go into effect, don't make us rerun a bunch of prequests for raids.
It's true that the new loot rules are particularly inappropriate for the structure of existing raids.

To get VON loot means you complete 4 six-man quests and then 2 twelve-man quests. For Against the Demon Queen you again complete 4 six-man quests and then a single twelve-man quest.

The disparity in allowed party size between the start and end of the series is not a real problem because there is no true penalty towards finishing those raids with the same 6-man team you started the quest series with. A party can do all of VON or Demon Queen in a single sitting one evening, and not feel they are being punished or losing something.

But in the future system, anyone who uses the same party for Lalait's Court and Circle of Eternity will be losing out by having only 50% the chance of getting special named items. This disrupts gameplay by encouraging a discontinuity in group composition between the start and end of the quest chain: the optimal group to finish the series isn't even allowed at the start of the series.

Thrudh
08-01-2007, 01:16 PM
/signed

Borror0
08-01-2007, 01:17 PM
Yup, totally agree!

djinni69
08-01-2007, 01:28 PM
/signed

I'm onboard! Change the flagging, or abolish the 3 day period. Purty please

Lorien_the_First_One
08-01-2007, 01:34 PM
I think the Reaver flagging idea was a good one. Make us run the prequests once, then get to the raid when we want. I might change it up just a little bit to ensure the raid is more than 15 min so for example for the vons I'd say run 1-4 once, then run the 5-6 raid directly thereafter, for the DQ maybe make you run just the preraid again, etc.

Saaluta
08-01-2007, 01:37 PM
/signed

Saaluta :)

deepshadow
08-01-2007, 02:12 PM
Add the Titan to that list.

I agree repeating the prequests is way past old.

I wouldn't mind the proposed loot change IF they removed repeating these flagging quests altogether.

KaKa
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Before I was totally fine with the way things were. The extra flagging was just the way it was. But since the Devs have decided to make a huge rule change to the loot system I believe removing the flagging would be appropriate now.

Draclaud
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
/signed

Cowdenicus
08-01-2007, 02:18 PM
/signed

Furgulder
08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
now this is something I agree with, or at least let the vons be done in any order!!