PDA

View Full Version : Gem/Collectable pouches!

TechNoFear
08-01-2007, 05:55 AM
Items
NEW – In order to alleviate inventory clutter by collectables and gems, players will now be able to use a new object known as the “collectable bag” and “gem bag”. Small, medium and large versions of both are available. The small version will be awarded to those who complete, or who have already completed the low level intro quests. Medium bags are for sale at vendors, and large bags will be rare treasure. Each bag will occupy one inventory slot, while holding a number of gems or collectables depending on it’s size

NICE!

This is only gems and collectables, no plans for spell components and ammo?

Do we get the small ones retrospectively? [not a prob as we can buy the medium ones]

If we do, what if your inventory is full?

Are the low lvl intro quests Euphonia or Sullys or Goodblades?

Which vendors can we buy the medium ones from? [general, clothing ect?]

Are they level restricted, depending on size?

DemonMage
08-01-2007, 06:26 AM
Hope the medium ones are at least the size of an inventory page. Either way, I might actually start picking up collectables now.

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 07:13 AM
I hope they've got some system to make these items go directly to the appropriate bags.

Otherwise there's going to be a PITA load of inventory management to do which is going to probably make collecting gems and collectibles still effectively worthless.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-01-2007, 07:17 AM
NICE!

Do we get the small ones retrospectively? [not a prob as we can buy the medium ones]

It says right in the quote you posted that you get them if you "complete" or "have already completed" the quests.

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 08:28 AM
This is only gems and collectables, no plans for spell components and ammo?

I wouldn't say "no plans" but I can't promise anything just yet :D

If you have compleated Old Sully's Grog, you'll find a small gem bag and a small collectable bag in your inventory after logging in the first time to mod 5.

If we do, what if your inventory is full?

The bags will go into the overflow slots and you will need to clear out slots in your pack to get access to them.

Are the low lvl intro quests Euphonia or Sullys or Goodblades?

Sullys :)

Are they level restricted, depending on size?

There are no level restrictions on the bags.

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 08:30 AM
Zyrca,

Are collectibles and gems going to automatically route themselves to the appropriate bag, or will I have to manually manage all that?

Aesop
08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
After opening up the bag, there's a "gather" button that will gather up anything from your inventory that will fit in the bag. We may consider making it so the items go directly into the bags in the future.

Nifty

Aesop

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
I hope they've got some system to make these items go directly to the appropriate bags.

Otherwise there's going to be a PITA load of inventory management to do which is going to probably make collecting gems and collectibles still effectively worthless.

After opening up the bag, there's a "gather" button that will gather up anything from your inventory that will fit in the bag. We may consider making it so the items go directly into the bags in the future.

Coldin
08-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Hey Zyrca, I have a couple questions as well.

Will we be able to have multiple bags at a time? ie: 2 medium gem bags

And how big are these bags, slot wise?

Gol
08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
May? MAY??!?!

I just "may consider" not destroying the wasted inventory slot of the bag, then.

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey Zyrca, I have a couple questions as well.

Will we be able to have multiple bags at a time? ie: 2 medium gem bags

And how big are these bags, slot wise?

When you play through the intro quests, you can choose to get 2 gem bags or 2 collectable bags, or 1 of each. There is currently no other way to get small bags.

Medium bags are exclusive, so you can stuff them in your bank, but you can only care one of each at a time. (So, one medium gem bag and one medium collectible bag.)

You can carry as many large bags as you can get ahold of.

Bag sizes:

Small Collectible Bag: 12 different collectibles, up to 100 of each
Medium Collectible: 30 different collectibles, up to 100 of each
Large Collectible: 80 different collectibles, up to 100 of each

Small Gem Bag: 6 different gems, up to 1000 of each
Medium Gem Bag: 12 different gems, up to 1000 of each
Large Gem Bag: 30 different gems, up to 1000 of each

Jamz
08-01-2007, 09:04 AM
When you play through the intro quests, you can choose to get 2 gem bags or 2 collectable bags, or 1 of each. There is currently no other way to get small bags.

Medium bags are exclusive, so you can stuff them in your bank, but you can only care one of each at a time. (So, one medium gem bag and one medium collectible bag.)

Bag sizes:

Woot! Ok, so can we have 2 small, 2 medium and 1-n large? (or at least 2 small and 2 medium until we find large bags) at the same time?

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 09:06 AM
Woot! Ok, so can we have 2 small, 2 medium and 1-n large? (or at least 2 small and 2 medium until we find large bags) at the same time?

Yup

The_Silver_Griffon
08-01-2007, 09:09 AM
Will the bags be bound?
If only some of them are bound, which ones?

Qzipoun
08-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks for answering all the questions :)

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
When you say "different collectibles" does that mean you could have only 99 prayer beads and that is it, or could you have 2 stacks of 99 prayer beads?

I'm just trying to figure out if "different" is denoted by the different types, or by different stacks.
im assuming Zyrca means stacks.

EDIT: ninja collectible answers. :)

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Will the bags be bound?
If only some of them are bound, which ones?

Small: Bound
Medium: Not Bound
Large: Not Bound

Missing_Minds
08-01-2007, 09:48 AM
When you say "different collectibles" does that mean you could have only 99 prayer beads and that is it, or could you have 2 stacks of 99 prayer beads?

I'm just trying to figure out if "different" is denoted by the different types, or by different stacks.

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM

Different types. So, one bag can hold 100 prayer beads and no more.

Silly ninjas!

Coldin
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM

Just a guess, but I would think it would essentially the same as regular inventory space, except that only collectibles or gems can go in the bags, depending on the bag. That would mean you would be able to have as many stacks of prayer beads as you wanted, up to the slot limit of the bag.

Of course actually managing to collect over 100 beads before turning them in would be quite an undertaking.

Edit: Darn you Ziggy! Answering the question while I'm posting and ninjaing 2 people too.

Edit Edit: Ack, ninja'd by a Dev!

DrAwkward
08-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Will the Collectable Bag automatically "gather" collectables out of your overflow, or will we have to pound gather repeatedly?

How many different types of gems are there?
6/12/30 sounds low to me, but I don't grab gems thus don't really have a feel for it.

Will the collectors be able to see into my bag when I go to trade stuff in?

And Coldin, I think I got up to about 300 prayer beads at one time. :)

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Will the Collectable Bag automatically "gather" collectables out of your overflow, or will we have to pound gather repeatedly?

6/12/30 sounds low to me, but I don't grab gems thus don't really have a feel for it.

there are 48 different types of gems.
http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=339&menus=eq&do=equipment&eq_type=8&cmi=10:8

so 1 of each bag would giev you enough spaces for all the gems.

Zenako
08-01-2007, 09:58 AM
Thank you for finding a workable solution to this issue. I used to spend time collecting all sorts of collectibles and then mail them all to one toon for redemption and picked up some nice low to midlevel coin this way, and a bunch of useful healing wands and stuff, but doing so at higher levels is really not practical with all the other demands on inventory space. Even taken to leaving gems in chests since anything I would drop would be worth more than the gems resale value.

One other request, please make the resale value of gems equal to their value, just like found Gold and Plat is. There is no good logical reason for Gems to be so discounted when converted to gold, like there is when selling used weapons.

Coldin
08-01-2007, 10:00 AM

I think 30 will be plenty for most quests you run in. Thing is, once you get several piles of gems going, its pretty easy to actually just keep collecting them. Gems scale by level, so the higher level the quest, the different gems you collect. The only time 30 may not be enough is when your looting the dragons' hoards. There you can pick up pretty much every gem in existence. But usually you're only running across about a dozen or so different gems for your level.

Edit: Ziggy may have posted before me, but I think my response is more helpful. :p

Missing_Minds
08-01-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the answers. :)

And Zigg, it is less of an undertaking than you think. I was working on my second stacks of mushrooms and fungus for the cure/repair serious potions. Was because I finally got bored and turned them in. Needless to say my fiance's warforged wizard is well lubed now. (glad I remember to put in her character there, else that would have been really wrong.)

Arrows and bolts are going to be the major pains if you consider the shear number of different types out there.

Citymorg
08-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Thank you, for addressing a long standing issue that has made collectables and gems not used in the game.

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Thanks for the answers. :)

And Zigg, it is less of an undertaking than you think. I was working on my second stacks of mushrooms and fungus for the cure/repair serious potions. Was because I finally got bored and turned them in. Needless to say my fiance's warforged wizard is well lubed now. (glad I remember to put in her character there, else that would have been really wrong.)

Arrows and bolts are going to be the major pains if you consider the shear number of different types out there.
oh i hear ya. Ive got a banker character that has almost 3 inventories full of collectibles. Ive also got one character with almost 2 pages of arrows/bolts.

i was just saying that those 3 bags will be enough to collect 100 of each gem(if you find em)

Krysta_Shadowvol
08-01-2007, 10:21 AM
I have always enjoyed collecting the Collectables but would find myself always doing one of the following with them:

1.) Sending them to another character for storage
2.) Dumping them to make room for Chest loot or End Reward's.

As far as Gems are concerned as long as I had room for them I have never left them behind up until this week.

I would dump collectables to make room for gems if I had to but I actually ran
Out of things to dump yesterday for the first time and had to leave some stuff in the Chest behind it disappointed me a little but now I wont have to do that anymore.

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 10:47 AM
May? MAY??!?!

I just "may consider" not destroying the wasted inventory slot of the bag, then.

The gather button essentially does the same thing. Just pick up collectibles/gems as normal until you get the "Your inventory is full message." Then open your bag and hit "Gather." It's one extra step, which seems reasonable. It was the hundred extra steps (find collectible, drag to bag, repeat process for each collectible) that would really be a pain.

hannika
08-01-2007, 11:17 AM
i think it's great, totally completely great, that there is a dev in here answering questions about gem/collectable bags.... but why is there never a dev saying anything in those 10+ page threads like the first one started about the new loot system?

Coldin
08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
i think it's great, totally completely great, that there is a dev in here answering questions about gem/collectable bags.... but why is there never a dev saying anything in those 10+ page threads like the first one started about the new loot system?

Probably b/c a dev already responded to everything that could be responded to. Everything else being said has really been complaints and arguments/discusions about how the new system is unfair/fairer compared the old system. There's really nothing more a dev could say there besides "Ok, we won't go ahead with this change" or "We're sorry that you don't like this change. We'll look for ways to improve the raid loot system in the future."

And Zyrca, thanks for answering all these questions. I'm very excited about these new bags, and I look forward to possibly seeing quivers, spell component bags, ect. based on this new tech. Especially quivers!

Edit: Ziggy's answer works too.

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 11:21 AM
maybe just maybe the gem bags were developed by zyrca, so zyrca feels very comfortable discussing it.

Cavalier
08-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Not that I want to sound ungrateful, but is there anything in the works as far as a Quiver for arrows and bolts?

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Not that I want to sound ungrateful, but is there anything in the works as far as a Quiver for arrows and bolts?
zyrca answered that already in her first response to technofear.

ammo=arrows and bolts.

I wouldn't say "no plans" but I can't promise anything just yet :D

Jamz
08-01-2007, 11:31 AM
So one more easy question :)

Can we "Mail" a large bag of gems/collectibles while full of said gems/collectibles?

Akerue
08-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I like the sound of this! I have a char that is nothing but collectables. I too findit hard to actually collect things with the inventory limitations.

This is a good change.

Claver
08-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Thank you for finding a workable solution to this issue. I used to spend time collecting all sorts of collectibles and then mail them all to one toon for redemption and picked up some nice low to midlevel coin this way, and a bunch of useful healing wands and stuff, but doing so at higher levels is really not practical with all the other demands on inventory space. Even taken to leaving gems in chests since anything I would drop would be worth more than the gems resale value.

LIKEWISE!!!

Thank you Turbine! I really enjoy the fantasy element of collecting. Even though the ingame rewards don't make it worth my time I collect anyway.

I would really like to see Turbine introduce a chance for a better reward from the collectors - 90% of the time give us the same boring stuff but 10% of the time consult a vendor appropriate loot table for obscure and unique items; a little Christmas morning surprise for added excitement.

And by Vendor Appropriate Loot Tables I mean items that would play off the interest of the collector.

The vampire in House J could give various amulats as rare treasures with necromatic or sinister powers. Wash Pynoptis in the Harbor could give unique or rare potions. The Bug collector in House P could give Scarabs of protection or figurines of Summon Scorpian etc.

You might want to make the rare items as Bind Only to deter a collectable farming market from taking over the game.

Montrose
08-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I think this is a great response to customer feedback. It does a lot to solve the issue, solves the issue in a way that is logical to the reality of the game, and is not overpowering or nerfing. Well done!

Saaluta
08-01-2007, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=Claver;1272988]LIKEWISE!!!

I would really like to see Turbine introduce a chance for a better reward from the collectors - 90% of the time give us the same boring stuff but 10% of the time consult a vendor appropriate loot table for obscure and unique items; a little Christmas morning surprise for added excitement.

And by Vendor Appropriate Loot Tables I mean items that would play off the interest of the collector.

The vampire in House J could give various amulats as rare treasures with necromatic or sinister powers. Wash Pynoptis in the Harbor could give unique or rare potions. The Bug collector in House P could give Scarabs of protection or figurines of Summon Scorpian etc./QUOTE]

As far as I know, 2 of them already do, the kobold in harbor gives lesser reptilian bane weapons for the icons of khyber and the dwarf in the market gives lesser undead bane weapons for necromantic gems...and before you can say junk, I have beat longswords, maces, scimitars, etc. of these different properties to death "twinking" my lowbies :)

And as to the original topic, great job Turbine, finally something we can all use
but, quick question...will there be same chance of finding large bags in WW as in say Gianthold quests, or will they be coded to drop from specific quests i.e. level 6 appropriate or something like that?

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 12:04 PM
So one more easy question :)

Can we "Mail" a large bag of gems/collectibles while full of said gems/collectibles?

Yup :)

Zenako
08-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I bet this change has a positive and enduring effect on more players than any change to Raid loot machanics ever will, since EVERY player started and starts with new toons where this matters and has an impact on their experience and opinion of the game.

Nice to see that full bags can be mailed as well, that will make consolidation that much easier.

Just a side question: when turning in collectibles, do they need to be out of the bag, or can the vendor see them in the bag as well? If I have a dozen Cryptic Messages in the collectible bag do I need to extract them to the backpack and then trade them in or can Goodblade (IIRC) know about them inside the double bags and still make the trade?

Montrose
08-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I bet this change has a positive and enduring effect on more players than any change to Raid loot machanics ever will, since EVERY player started and starts with new toons where this matters and has an impact on their experience and opinion of the game.

Nice to see that full bags can be mailed as well, that will make consolidation that much easier.

Just a side question: when turning in collectibles, do they need to be out of the bag, or can the vendor see them in the bag as well? If I have a dozen Cryptic Messages in the collectible bag do I need to extract them to the backpack and then trade them in or can Goodblade (IIRC) know about them inside the double bags and still make the trade?

It would be nice to have a "Look in all my bags and give me stuff" option on the collectible turn-in people.

I remember towards the end of the festival clicking on that jester until my fingers bled. (Ok, not really, but you get the point :) ).

Zenako
08-01-2007, 12:36 PM
It would be nice to have a "Look in all my bags and give me stuff" option on the collectible turn-in people.

I remember towards the end of the festival clicking on that jester until my fingers bled. (Ok, not really, but you get the point :) ).

Oh yeah, picked up a number of hundreds/thousands of coins from the AH near the end and then spent "a while" turning them in. Which is why i still have some Candy Canes for my lowbies and cookies and cakes to use in certain circumstances.....

Shamguard
08-01-2007, 12:42 PM

Ya, but you have a "collectable" problem.:D
One of these days I'll get you to a C.A. meeting.:cool:

iamsamoth0
08-01-2007, 12:49 PM
of events. Just as there is a wisp of gloom and doom, this is a subtle but signifigent(sp?) change in the gaming process. And an eagerly anticipated adjustment to an evolving platform and UI. This will increase my pleasure with this game exponentially(As I am a collector compulsive), I look forward to the implementation of this new component.
I have so many pages of collectibles, one entire mule and the bank page(Considered pressing on even to get CL fav.). Three pages of arrows, two pages of bolts. At least one full page of scrolls to inscribe when I can actually have the time to run a wiz to max. My potion collection is not so small either.:rolleyes:.

But, one question I can think of off the bat. How much will it cost to mail the bags, and/or if full? Will it calculate the value of the contained items? I already spend a small fortune just utilizing the mail system.

Off topic-Why did they drop Price Warfare? I am starting a petition to have it again.

There are more questions to be asked, no doubt.

More to the point of how good it is that we have had a hand in creating something better than it was, is awesome. Great job!
Zyrca if this is you're pet, then I wish the best. May it be the most seamless endeavor yet!

Zor_Prime
08-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I just wanted to pop in to this thread (while there's one going) and say thanks to the devs. This is a great addition. I know myself and many others have asked for a collectible and/or gem slot of some sort. IMO this implementation is very creative and it's a welcome addition. Thanks! :)

liamfrancais
08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
This sounds great from an inventory control point of view and has subtle undertones of an even bigger more sought after gaming experience know as "crafting" at least from what I understand you need gems and who wants to keep a bazion gems around this will make that much easier HMMM I wonder whats on the horizon :D

RTN
08-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Will you be adding a way to bulk turn in collectibles? It's very annoying to have to keep on going through all the conversation/menus to turn in things. If you have a stack of 99 of a need 3 type collectible, that's 33 different times you have to talk to the collectible person. Worse if it's 99 of a 1 type collectible.

Katianara
08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Are there any plans to improve collections to make people want to do them? This fix, while a good one, seems to be only 50% of the problem.

iamsamoth0
08-01-2007, 01:15 PM
Are there any plans to improve collections to make people want to do them? This fix, while a good one, seems to be only 50% of the problem.

Is the affect your Chr, and maybe favor, can impact you're exchange rate.

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 01:25 PM

On that note, I don't suppose the bag will have an "Empty" option that will dump as much of the contents into our inventory as will fit. That would greatly facilitate the combining of bags.

And, I'm hoping/assuming that talking to a collector will look inside the bag to see if you have the items they want. Right?

iamsamoth0
08-01-2007, 01:38 PM
Would you be able to store trinkets in the gem bag, some are gems right? Kinda':rolleyes:

dameron
08-01-2007, 01:39 PM

Bag sizes:

How about having gems, which are currency in PnP, sell for a higher percentage of their actual value than they currently do? You really don't expect a character to pull up to the auction house with half a ton of GP to buy anything?

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Oh, and another thought. Turning in collectibles in bulk is going to be a far more appealing prospect (and therefore a much more sought after upgrade) than before.

If I can have 100 icons of khyber in my bag, it'd be nice to be able to turn them in all at once instead of having to click two to three conversation options a hundred different times.

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 01:41 PM

We agree, this is not a complete solution to making the collectible dynamic all it could be.

Collectors will be able to look in your collectible bags and take the items they are looking for straight from the bags. Unfortunately, the NPCs are lazy bums and won't do bulk transfers yet.

Hafeal
08-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Thanks Zyrca for filling in many of the blanks. I agree this should make collectables more a part of the game. Assuming crafting is coming, gems too.

But here is my question:

You have 3 bags in your inventory, you hit gather on one bag, everything gathers into the bag you hit (I presume). SO,

If you have collected 10 of item A in bag 1 but realize it should be in bag 2, can you transfer from bag to bag or do you have to "dump" as Mystic said and then gather on the other bag?

Or, by convenient magic, if you hit gather on a bag, all items will "route" to the appropriate bag where identical items are until full and then dump to the next open slot?

Thanks again!

The gather button essentially does the same thing. Just pick up collectibles/gems as normal until you get the "Your inventory is full message." Then open your bag and hit "Gather." It's one extra step, which seems reasonable. It was the hundred extra steps (find collectible, drag to bag, repeat process for each collectible) that would really be a pain.

Hafeal
08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
How about having gems, which are currency in PnP, sell for a higher percentage of their actual value than they currently do? You really don't expect a character to pull up to the auction house with half a ton of GP to buy anything?

A little off-topic but I agree, gems should have a higher value than 10% + haggle of their claimed worth. That being said, if crafting is coming, gem value will probably be much greater than any trade-in value.

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately, the NPCs are lazy bums and won't do bulk transfers yet.

I'll take "yet."

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 01:51 PM
You have 3 bags in your inventory, you hit gather on one bag, everything gathers into the bag you hit (I presume). SO,

If you have collected 10 of item A in bag 1 but realize it should be in bag 2, can you transfer from bag to bag or do you have to "dump" as Mystic said and then gather on the other bag?

The bags cannot currently be dumped out, but you can move individual stacks in and out of the different bags. You'll have to move the item out of one bag into your inventory before you can put it in another bag.

As a side note, once we all get to actually play with the bags, instead of just talking about them :D I will be reading feedback and I'll do what I can to fix anything that turns out to be particularly annoying and/or frustrating.

As a pack-rat / collectible-a-holic, I want these bags to be useful and fun and not something that you stuff in your bank and forget you have or just delete.

iamsamoth0
08-01-2007, 01:59 PM
Small: Bound
Medium: Not Bound
Large: Not Bound

Those will be not-bound also?(I think the first ones, should be bound.)
I forsee a splurge in the AH.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-01-2007, 02:03 PM
The bags cannot currently be dumped out, but you can move individual stacks in and out of the different bags. You'll have to move the item out of one bag into your inventory before you can put it in another bag.

As a side note, once we all get to actually play with the bags, instead of just talking about them :D I will be reading feedback and I'll do what I can to fix anything that turns out to be particularly annoying and/or frustrating.

As a pack-rat / collectible-a-holic, I want these bags to be useful and fun and not something that you stuff in your bank and forget you have or just delete.

Hi Zyrca... I stopped collecting collectables a long time ago due to backpack shortages and I get made every time I have to throw out a gem, even a cheap one. This is definately a step in the right direction although by no means is it a complete step.

I think there needs to be more automation about the gems going there directly, the gem bags sizes need to be bigger given the interesting variety of gems you spawn in chests, and I'm not sure why you would make the mid sized bag exclusive. The need for similar bags for ranged ammunition and spell componants (which we shouldn't have to stock anyway but that's a different issue) is also apparent.

All that said, these issues have already been acknowleged above and I'm encouraged by your support in saying you will be continuing to look at the issue.

I can't wait to try them out :) Thanks for listening to us!

iamsamoth0
08-01-2007, 02:03 PM

Bag sizes:

One question to this, am I wrong in thinking, that it's 99 of each item?

*Edit* And I am correct in thinking that one of each size collectible pouch can be held by the same individual at the same time?
So, that is a total of 122 slots, yes?

The_Silver_Griffon
08-01-2007, 02:05 PM

The initial freebies we get will be the small ones, so they will be bound.

Coldin
08-01-2007, 02:05 PM

The first ones you receive, the small bags, will be bound.

The medium ones won't be bound, but will be exclusive, so you can only have 1 of each at a time. However you can buy them at a vendor, so that's not a big deal.

Large bags will probably be about as popular as collapsed portable holes, or maybe slightly more so. I could see eventually everyone with high level characters having a couple extra lying around. Because really, with how big they are, you won't need more than 1 large bag of each.

And again, please Zyrca, as soon as you find out these are working, get working on quivers! I'm sure the change in code wouldn't be much different from gems.

Katianara
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
We agree, this is not a complete solution to making the collectible dynamic all it could be.

Collectors will be able to look in your collectible bags and take the items they are looking for straight from the bags. Unfortunately, the NPCs are lazy bums and won't do bulk transfers yet.

I think it would be nice to see a feature that lets you say to a collectible npc: "I have some of the items you were looking for."

Although, really, what I think would be even better is having collectibles give certain rewards given the amount of them you have. Such as, turn in 50 of X to get this, turn in 10 of this to get this, or, perhaps, even a list of items such as the one you get from finishing a quest.

Conejo
08-01-2007, 02:56 PM
A little off-topic but I agree, gems should have a higher value than 10% + haggle of their claimed worth. That being said, if crafting is coming, gem value will probably be much greater than any trade-in value.

as per the PHB, gems should sell at cost (along with other common items like livestock and spices)

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 02:59 PM
as per the PHB, gems should sell at cost (along with other common items like livestock and spices)
oh... can i loot a cow from the giant caves?:D

Jamz
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM

Woot, Our Guild /signs off on this welcomed functionality! :)

Coldin
08-01-2007, 03:07 PM

Haha, like anyone loots the giant caves anymore. :p

Ziggy
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Haha, like anyone loots the giant caves anymore. :p
if i could loot a cow i would.:D

iamsamoth0
08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
Hoping for at least one more head's up, before the close of business.
You out there Zyrca?
May we have one more update before you finish for the day?

Coldin
08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Hoping for at least one more head's up, before the close of business.
You out there Zyrca?

I'll answer them for you.

It's 100 to a stack. So you could have 200 of the same type of collectible in two different stacks.

*Edit* And I am correct in thinking that one of each size collectible pouch can be held by the same individual at the same time?

You can have 1 small bag of each, or 2 of one, 1 medium bag of each, and as many large bags as you can find/want. So really you could have many many slots available depending on how lucky you are finding large bags.

Conejo
08-01-2007, 03:24 PM

i want a chicken, personally.

i remember having a character once with a Belt of Many Pockets stuffed with bars of gold, spices, and chickens. good times.

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
On the "One of each or two of either" topic for the small bags, how will this play out with regards to people who are being given the bags automatically?

Are they going to magically appear in our inventory (which is kind of what it sounded like, but then how are you going to know which of the three combinations I'd prefer)? Or are we going to have to go to someone to get them (which wasn't the impression I got, but would allow people to select which set they want)?

Coldin
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
On the "One of each or two of either" topic for the small bags, how will this play out with regards to people who are being given the bags automatically?

Are they going to magically appear in our inventory (which is kind of what it sounded like, but then how are you going to know which of the three combinations I'd prefer)? Or are we going to have to go to someone to get them (which wasn't the impression I got, but would allow people to select which set they want)?

We'll probably magically have 1 of each. Not that the small bags really matter. I'll probably throw mine away as soon as I get the medium bags, and if not then, as soon as I pick up the large bags.

Zyrca_
08-01-2007, 04:02 PM

It's 100 of each item. I know the difference between < and <= ;)

And I am correct in thinking that one of each size collectible pouch can be held by the same individual at the same time?

You can have 1-2 small, one medium and as many large as you can get your hands on.

You out there Zyrca?

MMMM, ok :D

You'll be given one of each.

dameron
08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
if i could loot a cow i would.:D

I've pulled 2x +5 mithral breastplates and +5 mithral full plate out of the various caves in the past month or so, so yea, they're still worth doing, especially considering how quickly and easily they can be done.

DNDJESS
08-01-2007, 05:02 PM
OK, either I'm completely clueless, missed the info, or am just plain confused here. Why would anybody want a gem bag? Is there a use for gems that I'm not aware of?

Why not make the 2nd bag for something that everybody can REALLY use - a potion bag!

Lewz_Err
08-01-2007, 05:05 PM
An earlier post stated that if we had pre-existing characters, we'd receive one of each of the small bags in our inventory when the update goes live - however, another post states you can choose to take 1 of each, or 2 of one type when you actually complete the quest. Will there be a way for existing players to swap one of the small bags they get for the other type, so that they can have 2 small bags of one type as new characters can?

Coldin
08-01-2007, 05:08 PM
OK, either I'm completely clueless, missed the info, or am just plain confused here. Why would anybody want a gem bag? Is there a use for gems that I'm not aware of?

Why not make the 2nd bag for something that everybody can REALLY use - a potion bag!

Gems can be sold for money. Having them only take up one slot, compared to many, means that one slot might actually have more value than a suit of armor, which is kinda the whole point of gems. Not to mention the rumor that gems may be important when crafting items.

I'm fairly certain that with the addition of gem bags and collectible bags, we'll see another things like quivers, spell component pouches, and potions bags. It seems they can already change the size of the bags, and all the tech is there, so really those can't be far behind.

hannika
08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm fairly certain that with the addition of gem bags and collectible bags, we'll see another things like quivers, spell component pouches, and potions bags. It seems they can already change the size of the bags, and all the tech is there, so really those can't be far behind.

and that day will be awesome

DrAwkward
08-01-2007, 05:13 PM
So I was thinking about "automatically putting stuff in the bags" and came up with this:

If you "seed" the bag with a collectable, all further collectables that stack with it should automagically do so until the stack is full.

Thus new collectables don't jump into the bag on thier own, but once you have a prayer bead in your bag, it yells "over here!" to any more 'beads you scoop up.

The reason for this is for the really scary people out there that will want thier bags to be sorted by house. They wouldn't want to get any House J stuff in the House D bag. Reason #2 is because if they make "quivers", most ammo users I know will be even more scary about keeping them properly sorted.

Question: Do you have to open these bags up to fill them, or can you drag and drop collectables onto the bag icon in your inventory?

Question 2: Can you still hotkey stuff in the bags? (not that it matters yet)

MysticTheurge
08-01-2007, 06:56 PM
The reason for this is for the really scary people out there that will want thier bags to be sorted by house. They wouldn't want to get any House J stuff in the House D bag. Reason #2 is because if they make "quivers", most ammo users I know will be even more scary about keeping them properly sorted.

If there is ever a "auto-go-to-my-bag" system it should definitely be an option, not the only way it works.

iamsamoth0
08-01-2007, 07:17 PM
It's 100 of each item. I know the difference between < and <= ;).

Not saying at all you don't recognize the differance in said amounts. My point is this when I stack collectibles, it goes to 99, unless the tile itself is counted independently of the stack.

Do you see my question?

When I stack prayer beads it has a 99 in the corner, does this stack represent 100 items or 99?

Symar-FangofLloth
08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Wow, nice info on these.

muffinlad
08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Perhaps if collectables and gems are used in crafting in the future they will be even more important.....

muffinchanter

TechNoFear
08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the answers Zyrca.

Rog
08-02-2007, 06:08 AM
yes i want gem bags I will be a happy camper when i dont have to ditch loot due to lack of room.
lunarsong

Riorik
08-02-2007, 06:42 AM
How about a "button" that you could drag to your toolbars that would initiate the gathering (or dispersing) of items from a given bag type?

Still much easier if it auto fills - and from an option choice.

Smoosh
08-02-2007, 07:49 AM

Not the way it is working on Risia now... Collectors aren't looking into your bag. I had to drag them out of the bag into inventory.

Zyrca_
08-02-2007, 08:24 AM
Not the way it is working on Risia now... Collectors aren't looking into your bag. I had to drag them out of the bag into inventory.

It is fixed in a more recent build. I promise, it'll work!

When I stack prayer beads it has a 99 in the corner, does this stack represent 100 items or 99?

If the prayer beads has 99 in the corner, then there are 99 prayer beads. If the prayer beads has 100 in the corner, then there are 100 prayer beads. You can put 100 prayer beads in a bag. Does this answer your question? (I was trying to be humorous before, btw, it was not my intention to be snarky)

Thanatos
08-02-2007, 02:43 PM
there are 48 different types of gems.
http://www.ddo.com/index.php?page_id=339&menus=eq&do=equipment&eq_type=8&cmi=10:8

so 1 of each bag would giev you enough spaces for all the gems.

Not quite... Gems can have the same name but not actually be the same item. For example, I have gotten a few "Quartz Crystal" that did not stack. There were two that had the same icon but a slightly different tooltip description, and then a third type that had a red gem icon instead of a white one. Perhaps the lists have or will be cleaned up of unstackable duplicates, though.

iamsamoth0
08-11-2007, 10:49 AM
It is fixed in a more recent build. I promise, it'll work!

If the prayer beads has 99 in the corner, then there are 99 prayer beads. If the prayer beads has 100 in the corner, then there are 100 prayer beads. You can put 100 prayer beads in a bag. Does this answer your question? (I was trying to be humorous before, btw, it was not my intention to be snarky)

referring to gems that can stack to 100, I have tried to stack collectibles to 100, it does not allow me to stack more than 99.

And is there an answer for the question about mailing these items(bag, pouch) what will it cost?
Does the bag/pouch have a weight itself, and will it calculate the combined weight of it's contents?

iamsamoth0
08-11-2007, 11:04 AM

Bag sizes:

States that you can have up to 100 collectibles in each stack, which I find I cannot do, will this be a change and/or update?

Undercover_genius
09-28-2007, 11:46 PM
Please.....No one has been able to answer this question.....Where can I buy medium collectable bags? Which vendor?

Lorien_the_First_One
09-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Please.....No one has been able to answer this question.....Where can I buy medium collectable bags? Which vendor?

House P general vendor. "empty hand" or something like that I think.

They are a rip off though...

Starspawn
09-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Is there a way to get another small collectible bag? I highlighted a collectible in the bag I didn't want and clicked destroy without realizing that the items in the bag when clicked on don't change the target window from "small collectible bag". So long story short, I destroyed the small collectible bag immediately while playing with it and I want another.

Can anyone help?

Undercover_genius
09-29-2007, 02:01 AM
House P general vendor. "empty hand" or something like that I think.

They are a rip off though...

Even if they are, thank you! No one was able to answer me.

fefnir3284
09-29-2007, 03:03 AM
I love the collectible bags but I got one problem. I actually still have 638 bronze tokens and when I collect them only 100 go in. now I know only 100 are suppose to but can you change it for the tokens, cause as of now they will just use up an extra bank slot as they wont fit into the bags

~Jules921
09-29-2007, 03:47 AM
What I found nice about the medium bag is that I can send it from character to character in the mail - bit expensive but I won't need a mule for collectibles anymore :D

Jules

Mad_Bombardier
09-29-2007, 09:55 AM
SELL GEMS!!! (http://forums.ddo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106&d=1189522883) At the very least we need an "Ungather" (Empty/Dump/etc.) button so we don't have to drag and drop each type of gem back to inventory to sell.

Ringlord
09-29-2007, 11:56 AM
The Arrows at the left of the bag window are for the manual means of putting things in the bags or removing them so just highlight the gem or collectible and click the appropriate arrow to insert or remove them.

The collectible item stacks do go to 100 or they did on the latest build on Risia as I have played around with the bags there quite a bit.

The collectors do automatically take the stuff from your bag, but you do have to go through the conversation tree each time so yes that part of the tedium is still there. Although if you are pretty full on your inventory and you had a lot of one collectible to turn in you might have a problem if they just took the whole stack and flooded your pack with stuff. LOL Probably crash the client.

If you start a stack of a particular collectible in one bag you can't have a second stack of the same kind of collectible unless your bag is big enough and has slots left to start a new stack by the time the first one reaches 100.

From the sounds of peoples posts I get the impression many plan to make great use of the bags collecting the stuff and turning it in only once a week or once a month when they have nothing else planned for a slow adventuring day

Medium and Large bags ( if you find one of these ) can be mailed since they are not bound.

Take note that collectibles can stack to 100 and gems to 1000 so you could keep saving those gems for a rainy day when you really need the extra cash for something from the AH or off a vendor. I want to see someone post the first screen shot of a stack of 1000 of a given gem type. Do you have the patience? :D