PDA

View Full Version : How do lineage enchancements stack with items?

redoubt
07-31-2007, 05:50 PM
Sorry... seems like lots of great info and answers have suddenly vanished! :p

Borror0
07-31-2007, 06:32 PM
Sorry... seems like lots of great info and answers have suddenly vanished! :p

Ok, this is assumptions, I'm not 100% sure, but this is how I understand it.

If you have Sorcerer Lineage of Deadly Elements III and Sorcerer Lineage of Elements III, you will have a 9% chance of making a critical for 2.25 times the normal damage. Now, a Greater Ice Lore item would increase your chance to crit to 18% and improve your multiplier from 2.25 to 2.50. An additional Lore item would improve your multiplier by 0.25, but I'm not too sure if it does also increase your chances to crit.

Let's see by how much I'm wrong. :D

Deragoth
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Max Enhancement: 9% chance to hit for 2.25 x damage.

Superior Lore item: +9% to your chance to critically hit, and +.5 to your damage modifier.

So you can have an 18% chance to critically hit for 2.75x damage.

It's a beautiful thing when it happens. Also, for spells with multiple projectiles (like MM, or SR), each projectile has this chance to critically hit.

transtemporal
08-09-2007, 09:51 PM
It's a beautiful thing when it happens. Also, for spells with multiple projectiles (like MM, or SR), each projectile has this chance to critically hit.

Yes, I remember the first time I got a critical. Didn't happen for ages, then I got one on a fire mephit for 312 points of damage. Beautiful.

Varis
08-10-2007, 12:26 AM
If you have a 2.75 crit mod, they are talking about more like 1800 damage on a mephit :D