PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Dragons in Reaver Pre-Raid

Draegha
07-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi! My group of friends and I have tried this twice. The first time, we failed at the awakening the guardian part and the second time we failed at the white dragon.

Could someone provide some tips for defeating these dragons? I don't nescessarily want safe spots, just some strategy tips for defeating the three dragon encounters.

Thanks in advance
Draegha
Adar...er...Sarlona

jkm
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
its tough to say without knowing your specific party makeup. we normally run it with 2 sorcs, 1 cleric, 2 fighters and whatever for the other slot (bards rock here).

for the black, highest fort fighter on the giant to survive the disintegrate spamming with the other two on the dragon. one sorc on the dragon casting firewall the other on the giant casting cone of cold/niacs.

for the blue, 1 fighter and 1 sorc chasing the giant the rest on the dragon. you really have to be careful with firewalls on the dragon because the giant will run into them and die.

for the white, 1 fighter on the giant with 1 sorc. dragon drops fast with firewall. cold protect and freedom of movement is a must because of the ice. which means one sorc gets to run laps with a dragon nipping his heals until the giant is dead. then turn and blast the dragon.

Desmodus
07-31-2007, 12:43 PM
White Dragon: A good caster should be able to solo the dragon in this room with a well placed firewall and some scorching rays. While he is doing that, everyone else focuses on jorgundal. Send a single Melee character in to whack at him a few times and bring him all the way back to the blue portal right behind where you zone in. Hem him in and start wailing on him. You will probably get dispelled, so make sure to watch your health carefully. Cometfalls are annoying, have your cleric concentrate on anyone that is knocked down by one.

Blue Dragon: This one is really pretty easy. Have all the melee focus on the dragon and caster(s) focus on the giant. Just go all out DPS on the dragon, as far as how to kill the giant i dont know cause i play melees. If the dragon is falling in health too slowly have the caster drop a firewall on him.

Black Dragon: Have everyone run to the end of the room next to the barrier and the giant. This room always seems a little frenetic and less focused to me than the others. We usually have the melees focus on the giant and caster and cleric on the dragon, but i always end up switching to the dragon after awhile to make sure its dropping quickly, and vis versa.

MOST important thing: Make sure to kill both the dragon and the giant within a few seconds of each other.

Gimpster
07-31-2007, 02:12 PM
Blue Dragon
Spell threats: erm, hardly anything. Maybe solid fog.
Dragon threats: bite, claw, tail, lightning breath
Environment threats: electric arcs from the pillars to everywhere. The electric traps covering the room continually increase in power, essentially placing a two minute timelimit on completing the battle before you cannot survive in there.

Black Dragon
Spell threats: Delayed Blast Fireball, Chain Lightning, Disintegrate, Force Missiles, Telekinesis (?), Feeblemind, Symbol of Weakness, Scorching Ray?, Heal? It seems these spells are Empowered or Maximized.
Dragon threats: bite, claw, tail, acid breath
Environment threats: Pool of deep deadly acid, acid geysers. The giant may throw you into acid.

White Dragon
Spell threats: Searing Light, Inflict Critical Wounds, Dispel Magic, triple Cometfall. The giant is apparently using Enlarge spell for greater range.
Dragon threats: bite, claw, tail, lightning breath, freezing aura
Environment threats: mostly icy floor (cannot move fast or jump)

Dealing with icy floor: Use Freedom of Movement. However, that gets dispelled if you have Jorgundal's aggro, so it's nice to have Spiked Boots or Kundarak Delving Boots for a continual effect.

Dealing with Cometfall: Three rules: stay mobile, stay separated, and stay aware.
If you're keeping moving then you'll get out of the way before the comet impacts where you were. If you're not adjacent to other players then the same comet can't hit both of you. And if you watch Jorgundal you can tell when he is casting Cometfall so you know when to take cover: there is an animation of beckoning to the sky 5 seconds before the comets arrive.

Dealing with freezing aura: The only perfect way to avoid freezing is to stay away from the dragon, which means damaging him with spells or ranged. If that's not an option, you can still try to move out of the aura within 6 seconds to avoid totally freezing. (If you have dragon aggro then he'll probably just chase you, however). If you do get frozen, remember to hold down shift to keep blocking.

Mhykke
07-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Dealing with freezing aura: The only perfect way to avoid freezing is to stay away from the dragon, which means damaging him with spells or ranged. If that's not an option, you can still try to move out of the aura within 6 seconds to avoid totally freezing. (If you have dragon aggro then he'll probably just chase you, however). If you do get frozen, remember to hold down shift to keep blocking.

if you want to melee the white dragon, you can also pop a haste pot right before your timer goes to zero, and you won't freeze.