PDA

View Full Version : The Stormreach Thieves Guild, Welcome and Biography

Kahoun
07-31-2007, 01:30 AM
Welcome future Khyberians!

Since the server merger and now with the influx of new palyers the ‘Stormreach Thieves Guild’ (SRTG) thought that a welcome and a few words of introduction would be a step in the right direction to getting to know all the new guilds and players coming to join the Khyber server. We have tried to answer questions that anyone might be interested in about another guild, and in a non-competitive way tell you who we are so when you see our guild name hovering above members there will be a sense of recognition and approachability :-)

-What time is the guild most active / what part of the world do most members live?
A great majority of our members are from Australia and New Zealand, but we have members from all parts of the globe. Australian peak times are our most active.

-How many players can I seriously expect to see online- and what character lvls?
On a busy weekend we will have somewhere around 40-50 online, most weeknights you will see around 20 ish. Of course this number fluctuates, and it makes sense that those who play more regularly than others and are most often online have high lvl toons. This goes up and down too, and currently we have many active mid lvls. There will always be a range of lvls to play with, although low through mid lvls will have to pug sometimes to find a suitably balanced party.

-What is the general player age?
Probably mid 20’s to late 30’s although only at the peak of the bell curve of course :-)

-What style of play is predominant?
This guild was started as a casual off-peak collection of mainly Aussie players. Some of us are able to log on twice a week, others (guilty) are on almost every day and people get concerned and ask questions when they are not there lol. On the whole, we play for fun. We are not all exclusively: Zerg masters (I can do the titan in 30 seconds!), Virtual C*** Measurers (my toon is the most UBER! And I only play with certified Uber players), 24/7 Raid Ransackers Role Payers (I am Gallstaf, Sorcerer of Life!), Loot *****s (except for loot weekends) etc…
Although, there are elements of all these things in our individual members, and we certainly don’t discourage some element of these styles. If intense play-style directed gameplay is your thing then honestly this is probably not the guild for you, even though some of our members look for it on occasion. We are still best described as a casual player’s guild.

-Is it run by A**hats?
Nope :-) all reasonable and fun people in the leadership team!

-Are its members A**hats?
Nope :-)

-What are the guild rules?
Our basic rules are very simple: Fun is the name of the game, and respect for other guildies is paramount. Check out our guild charter and forum at:

http://srtg.org.au/

-Does the guild have any long standing credibility within the community (how established is it? how stable is it? do they have the maturity to deal with issues and does it have an active leadership team?)
The Stormreach Thieves Guild has been around since launch, and a few of the officers teamed together in beta where its idea was born. We are a founding guild with a place on the founders' stone. Our guild Leader is Arj and as the guild has grown to become possibly the biggest off-peak one on Khyber we have promoted more long standing helpful members to officers. There is almost always an officer online, but instead of listing those all here it would be easier for interested individuals to check the “who” list for guild members and send them a polite tell asking them which officers are online. Our policy is to invite on request, so you will have no issue or trial. Officers are happy to answer nay questions you may have, ingame (when they become free and are not questing) or in the public area of our forum.

-What are the organized guild events?
We used to have one organized guild raid on Saturday evenings (Australian) and the raids are rotated, but now raid are more an Ad hoc affair, either spontaneously organized or put together by an interested induvidual on our guild forum. Any member of the appropriate lvl is welcome to sign up for a place on a first-in basis. No Scheduled guild event is compulsory, and the guild is a friendly and helpful one for those that need to get raid ready, or really want to get something in particular done. Always keep in mind that we are working with a casual player base, and not everyone has the same amount of time to get ingame things done.
We also have a guild bank that works on donations to help get new members on their feet and help out mainly low to mid lvl characters.

Well, that is us in a nutshell, and I (personally) and the SRTG look forward too seeing and partying with all the new faces in town be they in our guild or not. Don’t be shy to say G’day if you see us about town (most likely at the auction house haha)!

Sincerely, on behalf of the SRTG,
Kahoun

In Game:
Tempesta – Kahaun

Raegoul
08-04-2007, 02:17 AM
shameless BUMP

Kahoun
08-10-2007, 02:34 AM
B
U
M
P
!

Sertrynus
08-13-2007, 07:11 PM
On behalf of SRTG, we have been having a lot of fun lately with some of the new guilds on Khyber.

As Kahoun posted we are an open invite guild and have varied playstyles

It really is great that there is more people on Khyber now

Welcome to all!

Arj
08-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Bump!

Kahoun
09-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Page 2 just won't do!

:-P

Ziltus
09-03-2007, 09:22 PM
Hi, may I ask if you guys organise any raids on weekdays during Asia/Aussie timezone, say GMT+8 10pm to 1am?

Pinksock
09-04-2007, 01:31 AM
The current raid roster is once a week on Saturdays (raid type rotates each week). In GMT +10 time (AEST) it starts at 7pm usually. If there was more demand for raids then the officers would probably run them. That being said you note that your time is 10pm-1am GMT 8 which makes it 12am-3am AEST and worse for the Kiwis. At that time of night you might have better luck with the American crowd?

I think I remember seeing a post by you Ziltus looking for a serious raiding guild (is that correct?). I am not sure SRTG is what you are after in this regard anyways since we are all very casually orientated (Sheesh - it takes me a full month just to get von1-4 done for the once per month dragon raid!). On a side note - we do sometimes run with Crimson Phoenix, another aussie dominant guild that joined us during the merge. They might have a raid schedule that suits you better as well.

Either way, all the member of both guilds are fun friendly and pretty experienced so if your looking for players to quest with normally keep us in mind.

Good Luck
Pink

Ziltus
09-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Yes that's me asking some time ago.

I joined a guild bcoz I later realised some of my ex-guildies were there but sad to say the timing is still not suitable for me thus I've quited and trying to look for another guild that I can raid on weekdays.

I'll check with Crimson Phoenix, thanks for the info. :o

Raegoul
09-04-2007, 07:49 AM
I think Pinksock meant the Phoenix Crusaders not Crimson Phoenix

Pinksock
09-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Oops - I should never answer these things at work, get so easily confused.
Thanks for the clarification

jeffreyalsip
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Wheeeewww!

I suspect that I am not alone in my relief that this guild is "just another guild"....and that they dont hope to recruit every thief (rogue) on the server.

Back on Riedra, we ran in fear of rumors of a Clerics Guild...if you wanted a cleric for your party, a guild representative would be nearby for negotiations. You must (1) guarantee the clerics safety and (2) pay a before-quest established price for clerical supplies, and (3) give the guild cleric a pre-arrainged percentage of any loot acquired.

I know that (names removed and replaced with this) "certain" clerics I knew, took a look at this and seriously considered it. That made us all run scared for awhile. Oh-my-God! Imagine if this really happened!

Hvymetal
09-05-2007, 04:54 AM
Come on now would us Rogues actually do something underhanded and sneaky as this????

So anyways I got this idea for a guild for all my fellow rogues out there......:p

Raegoul
09-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Thieves and Rogues are not the same thing though i still get confused about this somtimes. And can anyone tell what a Rouge is?

We do pretend to be Loot Wh**es and i think that qualifies us as Thieves or is it just that our guild leader is a Loot Wh**e and we serve him.

I know that Kahoun is a Loot Wh**e.

Kahoun
09-11-2007, 12:33 PM
When we get a guild hall, that’s what the rose and blue diamond encrusted sign will say over my heavily fortified, magically locked, unpickable, 34 charisma rune protected, DC 100 flesh to stone trap, Unsmitable Marut guarded, daily changed password, 2 minute mastermind puzzle doomsday devise triggered entryway to my loot room foyer :-)

Of course, feel free to drop by for a visit! though make an appointment first...

Raegoul
09-20-2007, 01:59 AM
bump back to page ONE

Arj
09-30-2007, 04:04 AM
Bump!

Raegoul
10-08-2007, 07:32 AM
oo back to page one

Wheelz
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
back to the top :)

Wheelz
11-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Can't have this on Page 2!
Come on you aussies, kiwis and pacific time-zoners, come and have fun with our crazy bunch of players :)

Raegoul
11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
aha there it is

Kahoun
11-14-2007, 06:28 AM
o.0

Well that's weird. Lets keep this one active lol, three posts is probably overkill

Wheelz
12-10-2007, 06:59 PM
oops, hit a BUMP in the road...

Raegoul
12-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Learn to drive PUNK

Wheelz
12-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Nah, its the awful road quality over here in New Zealand. lol
BUMPS everywhere...

Wheelz
01-17-2008, 06:47 PM
A big welcome to our recent new guildies.

To all others, come and have a run with us if you're in the Oceania region/timezone...

Raegoul
02-11-2008, 01:24 AM
Bump and a big wave to the Phoenix Crusaders

Arj
02-24-2008, 06:06 AM
Bump!

Raegoul
02-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Unfortunately for some reason our FORUMS are _______(insert appropriate word here) we apologise and will RECT...ify the situation as soon as possible.

Arj
02-25-2008, 06:57 AM
We're really sorry about our forums being down guys - we're working on a solution. In the meantime, if anyone has Case's contact details could you please PM me in these forums or send me an in-game mail.

We'll have them back up as soon as we can.

Artek
02-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Didnt Sert yesterday change the MOTD about 16 times pointing everyone to a new guild forums?
I am at work atm, would love to kmnow where that new location is :)

Thorac

UPDATE:
Found it: http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=242221&TabID=2038134

The backup forums are currently up, come and join us

Kahoun
03-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Our new and owned guild forum can now be found at (as updated in the original post)

http://srtg.org.au

That's right we are now a .org!
Site is still being built but come along and say G'day

Arj
03-14-2008, 08:10 AM
Bump!

Arj
03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Shameless bumpage!

Raegoul
03-23-2008, 11:52 PM
we should be on top

Bump

SteeleTrueheart
03-30-2008, 10:09 PM
If you are new to the game, feel free to send any member of the Stormreach Thieve's Guild an in-game tell, we will be happy to give advice or invite you to a group. New guild members are more than welcome to take items from the bank.

Arj
04-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Bumptastic!

Raegoul
04-08-2008, 06:08 PM
All are welcome to join even though we are mostly an AU/NZ guild and our bank is rather full.

Cuchilo
04-10-2008, 05:09 AM
And back at you punks from the Crusaders. :)

Cinjim
04-13-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm new to DDO, this is the only online game I have ever played, and have been here less than 3 weeks.
I asked about Aussies in the game, and found out about the Stormreach Thieves Guild, I asked to join and was accepted.
The Guild has been absolutely fantastic to me, all of my questions, (and there have been a lot) have been answered promptly, no newbie ridicule, heaps of support. I am truely humbled by their acceptance.
Thanks
Cinvala

Arj
04-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Awww thanks Cinv. You've made an old thief all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Glad you're enjoying the game and the guild.

AussieEngineer
04-20-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm new to DDO, this is the only online game I have ever played, and have been here less than 3 weeks.
I asked about Aussies in the game, and found out about the Stormreach Thieves Guild, I asked to join and was accepted.
The Guild has been absolutely fantastic to me, all of my questions, (and there have been a lot) have been answered promptly, no newbie ridicule, heaps of support. I am truely humbled by their acceptance.
Thanks
Cinvala

Here Here,

DDO is also my first ever MMO game, I joined about two weeks ago.
I also joined this guild, and have had really great experiences. (Have quested with Cinvala above too!).

Plenty of support for a new character, lots of free stuff to help out!
Lots of patient help in low level quests, guiding a new player through, but also letting me set the pace and explore the game at my leisure with them.

My wife just started playing too, and had a bit of adjusting to do to the game (dying a bit, learning the hurty way about traps, etc), but the group members were great. No derision or such due to our newbie status. Just willing to help out with advice and explanations.

Also, given we have young kids, I must say I had been worried about what would happen if I were in a quest, and suddenly had to go 'afk' for a bit, but I now know it would not be a problem if I did. Other group members have had to do the same thing, and there were no problems or issues at all.

So yes, recommend this guild to any coming to Khyber. Lovely people, willing to help out a Player Character in need! lol.

Dracknar Isendor

WilbyZ
04-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Bump here it is!

... and we have boobies... :D

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg312/WilbyZ/Lex-lex.gif

Warmane
04-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, I finally got my forums account working.... Dunno what the problem was, but I'm glad they fixed it! I just wanna say publicly that the Stormreach Thieves Guild has been one of the best guilds I've ever been in while playing any mmo (second only to the Horde-side "KillAllCure" from WoW, which sadly disbanded early 2008 :( ) Anyways, I hope to run with you folks for a long time to come!!

FYI- Either I'm the oldest DDO Forums member or it's bugged:

Welcome, Warmane.
You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 11:00 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0. <--- I wasn't born in 1969, so W-T-F?

Edit- I luv you WilbyZ!

Arj
05-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Back to page 1!

P.S. it's true, we do have boobies :)

Raegoul
05-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Yep it is TRUE we have ManBoo...

Kahoun
06-11-2008, 01:46 AM
B
U
M
P
T
A
C
U
L
A
R
!

xanvar
06-11-2008, 06:55 AM
I just wanted to say its alway fun running with your guild. I pretty much pug everything since none of my characters are guilded at the moment, but I know when I see more than one of you in a quest it will probably be a smooth run. Not to mention I enjoy the Aussie accent makes voice chat more fun :)

Warmane
06-26-2008, 05:03 PM
Well, I've gotten a new PS, and a new graphics card, but the rest is taking its time.... (ordering a part/week)
I am missing ddo VERY MUCH!!! I will be very excited to talk to all of you again.... *taps vein* I NEED MY DDO!

Can someone post a screenie of the new armour looks?

Kiwidude
07-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Bump.
STRG. Or the bunny gets it.

Puddles404
07-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Best decision i''ve made since ive been in the game. All these guys are great and more than helpful.

Join up, you wont regret it.

Oh yeah, bump.

Kahoun
08-03-2008, 12:27 AM
10 free helpful Guldies to the next applicant!

Kahoun
08-16-2008, 01:25 PM
The SrTG is always recruiting, feel free to pop us a question in game or check out our website at: srtg.org.au

Amabel
08-17-2008, 06:08 PM
This thread doesn't really belong in the Khyber forums - all you SRTG blokes are way too nice! We want DRAMA!

Seriously though, free bumpage for a super bunch of leetsauce uberpunks!

Kahoun
09-04-2008, 09:19 AM
punk :-)

Still Recrutin'n'lootin'!

Kahoun
09-12-2008, 11:06 AM
voice 1: That Kahoun guy seems like a good bloke
voice 2: Yeah I agree with whomever said that also!
voice 3: Yeah that Kahoun guy, he's onto a good thing!
voices 1,2,3: affirmative muttering
(more voices join in with excellent things to say about SrTG and that 'Kahoun guy')

Come and join in too!

impz
09-15-2008, 02:11 AM
voice 1: That Kahoun guy seems like a good bloke
voice 2: Yeah I agree with whomever said that also!
voice 3: Yeah that Kahoun guy, he's onto a good thing!
voices 1,2,3: affirmative muttering
(more voices join in with excellent things to say about SrTG and that 'Kahoun guy')

Come and join in too!

I was told in no uncertain terms by Kahoun that if I say something terrible about him, I will be dead. So, this guild is very terrible because it always tries to help you and make you feel welcome here. Stormreach thieves guild is also extremely un-newbie friendly, since it tries too hard to answer any stupid questions posed by newbies (aka me). It is also extremely undesirable for you to talk at all, since these guys are way too funny and nice sometimes. It's also depressing because the high level players tend to enjoy a bit of partying themselves, and they are always keen to fool, play and joke around.

In addition, Rentara, Tempesta, Wilby, Borri, Polchi, Antir and everyone that I failed to mention are terrible fellows, since they are kind to a fault, fun to group with and they leave you with a tummy ache from the silly banter and laughter during and before/after quests. It's a criminal sin, I tell you.

So, if you wish to have such a terrible experience like me for the past 1+ week (I just started playing around 1 week ago), go ahead and join me in the pain. Woo woo~

/sarcasm (for Captain obvious).

Arj
09-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Bump!

Raegoul
09-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Does anyone know who this Arj guy is?

Storme
09-28-2008, 07:19 PM
He's this gorgeous, jetsetter type that fly's in every 4 mths or so and gives everyone charming smiles and hugs, throws up a few witty and intelligent speeches about his vision of the future and SrTG Guild, then dissapears into the ether.... ;)

Amabel
09-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Does anyone know who this Arj guy is?

You haven't taken a job at the Tiflis Meteorological Observatory have you Antir?

Lee4416
10-12-2008, 09:04 PM
this deserves bumpage...

or not...

btw - where is our recalcitrent leader???

eaten by lag?

Arj
10-12-2008, 09:53 PM
I resemble those remarks! I'm still around of course, just experiencing life outside of DDO briefly while Turbine's on holidays. I can say this: the real world smells and the loot sucks. Will be back soon, I promise ;)

jarjar
10-12-2008, 11:02 PM
hey guys, im new to the game (and guild) - jarsenic, a lvl 2-going-on-3 warforged cleric.

anyway, wanted to ask, how does looting works in the game? for example, i'm in waterworks with a fighter, and the gold that dropped from barrels and crates can only be looted individually (as opposed to split between the party)? and what about chests in dungeons? i'm asking because coming from World of Warcraft, everything is pretty clear-cut with the need/greed system. so when i was in waterworks last night, the fighter was looting every chests and i'm not sure what i had missed out.

thanks!

Lee4416
10-12-2008, 11:49 PM
welcome mate...

barrels/crates/vases - things that break - they can sometimes drop coins/ammunition/potions which are first come first served.

adventures packs/rubble/bookshelves/cabnets and occassionally monsters - collectables - each player in the intstance can collect one item from them. the items can be used for some crafting or exchanged for amunition and the like (low level wands/scrolls) at various NPC's (check the item descriptions)

chests - usually at minibosses/end instance bosses - each player in the instance at the time when the chest is opened will have a selection of an item, some coin, maybe ammunition, maybe pots/scrolls, or gems. these items are generated to the individual player and can be switched to anyone in the instance at the time of the chest opening. just double click the chest and see what the loot gods have decree'd you should have. it doesn't matter who opens chest - there will be items for all.

hope this helps, glad to see you made it to DDO

jarjar
10-13-2008, 01:13 AM
thanks a lot Lee!!! that was really useful. i havent seen many lower level characters already, i find it so hard to solo the game. but i'm enjoying ddo so much, my only regret is that i didnt earlier!

oh, one more question (bear with me!!), i was soloing in waterworks and cerulean (sp?), what are those places consider to be? i mean, those quests that i've been doing are mostly in the instances, but cerulean seems to be like a world of its own.

Lee4416
10-13-2008, 02:53 AM
thanks a lot Lee!!! that was really useful. i havent seen many lower level characters already, i find it so hard to solo the game. but i'm enjoying ddo so much, my only regret is that i didnt earlier!

oh, one more question (bear with me!!), i was soloing in waterworks and cerulean (sp?), what are those places consider to be? i mean, those quests that i've been doing are mostly in the instances, but cerulean seems to be like a world of its own.

you got it in one mate...

Cerulean Hills is an 'encounter' area - big, expansive, full of nasties - can be great (and somewhat expensive at times) for those times when ya just need to do stuff alone. as you level you'll find that there is also 'three barrel cove' (3BC), 'sorrowdusk isle', 'tangleroot' (TR), the orchard of the macarbe (sp), 'the desert' (bloodstone goodness), 'gianthold' (GH), & 'The Vale'. the good things - reasonable inital XP vs time, reasonable loot (rares - give XP and a chest) and the fact that there is an expanded level range for these areas. for example - the desert is an encounter area for level 8-15 and in a normal quest instance a level 8 and a level 15 in the same quest would mean that the level 8 would be 'powerleveled' and recieve no XP. in the encounter areas this is not the case.

you can always open your quest journal - look along the top of your screen - and it will tell you how you are progressing with slayers/rares/explorer points and what the level range is for the area that you are in. A good thing to do (if you are doing an encounter area) is just advertise an LFM for a 'come as you please' and let other people come in and help - you all get slayers and rares and it is a sociable event for all concerned.

there are maps and guides to the explorer areas on the DDO forums (just search maps) and if you head to www.srtg.org.au and register - we can help ya more with stuff on the stormreach thieves guild forums.

i will send ya a PM with my ingame names and if ya see me on feel free to /tell, happy to help where i can...

Soldarm
11-09-2008, 10:26 PM
B (o) (o) BIES!!..

Oh..can you say that here??

anyway..

Bump!!

Arj
12-24-2008, 02:09 AM
What's this doing all the way down here?

/dusts off thread

Bump!

Soldarm
12-31-2008, 05:42 AM
No idea..Bump!!

Arj
06-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Wow I can't believe I found this old thread all the way down here. Up you go!

Raegoul
06-14-2009, 07:40 PM
It is now in the Khyber Guilds section :)

Kahoun
11-09-2009, 10:31 AM
It also deserves to be here :-)

Welcome new players!

Ghaldar
11-09-2009, 11:19 AM
I request in the future when you bump that you always use the boobies pic. Thanks.

Kahoun
11-23-2009, 11:49 PM
Welcome to our new players and members :-)

Feel free to check out our community a little more at srtg.org.au

Strakeln
11-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Welcome to our new players and members :-)

Feel free to check out our community a little more at srrtg.org.au
I think you went overboard with your r's.

I noticed your thread resurrected itself a few weeks ago, someone must have known you were returning :rolleyes:

Kahoun
11-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Cheers for that, I do get enraptured with my use of unwarranted r's. Retrospectively, the errant 'R' has been erradicated :-)

Kahoun
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
B
U
M
P
TASTIC

Still recruiting as always!

Arj
12-29-2009, 08:37 AM
Look what I found!

carlosjuero
12-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Got a question for y'all - What is your stance on F2P ('froob') players? I know some folks have problems with them :/

I am a very casual F2P (currently, when I get cash inflow again I will likely go VIP [again - then I can go back to my old sub account and my WF character]) and would love to have a group of folks to chat w/ or group w/ while playing. I am a patient type guy (I am very patient with 'zergers' but they tend to ruin the experience of new quests) but the anti-F2P I encounter here and there irritates me now and then :/.

Anyway - I might check y'all out if you don't mind a F2P extreme casual.

Kahoun
12-29-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey mate :-)

We don't have an issue with FtP memebrs at all, we have many of them in guild already so you would not be alone. I think that for the most part our guild is willing to help new a player out, there will be times when you will still have to pug because many of our players focus on their high level characters.

Feel free to send a PM in game or here or check out our forums at srtg.org.au if you had any more questions. We have an open invitation policy so if you ask nicely for a guild invitation online saying that you are a new player you will most definitely receive one, and you can try us out!

No love lost if you decide we are not your thing afterwards. Hope to catch you in game sometime mate,

Kahoun

carlosjuero
12-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Hey mate :-)

We don't have an issue with FtP memebrs at all, we have many of them in guild already and some of them are already so you would not be alone. I think that for the most part our guild is willing to help new player out, there will be times when you will still have to pug because many of our players focus on their high level characters.

Feel free to send a PM in game or here or check out our forums at srtg.org.au if you had any more questions. We have an open invitation policy so if you ask nicely for a guild invitation online saying that you are a new player you will most definitely recieve one, and you can try us out!

No love lost if you decide we are not your thing afterwards. Hope to catch you in game sometime mate,

Kahoun

Cool :) - I will jump over to the site and check it out, and ya might hear from me in game too soon.

Kahoun
01-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Page one, done!