PDA

View Full Version : Zephyr not giving weapon finesse effect.

Cireeric
07-31-2007, 12:41 AM
I am a 6th level bard and do not have weapon finesse feat. I am wielding a Zephyr Shortsword, +3 enhancement, finesse. The attack bonus is not showing up reflecting my +6 dex bonus from having a 22 dex. Has anyone else seen this?

I contacted in-game help and they said to submit a bug report. I thought that this weapon had been around for a while.

jaitee
07-31-2007, 01:43 AM
eh i dont think it stacks with a dex item...

Cireeric
07-31-2007, 06:51 AM
I believe that I should be using my Dex for attack bonus. I have a 22 dex (+6 bonus). So with a BaB of +4, +3 enhancement of the weapon, and +6 dex bonus, the final attack bonus using 'Zephyr' should be +13.

Zenako
07-31-2007, 09:04 AM
Sometimes things like this do not appear until you are actually using them. Go and attack something with Zephyr and see what your combat mods are. Sometimes opening and closing the Inventory window is also needed to update to the new to hit totals I have found as well.

Cireeric
07-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Sometimes things like this do not appear until you are actually using them. Go and attack something with Zephyr and see what your combat mods are. Sometimes opening and closing the Inventory window is also needed to update to the new to hit totals I have found as well.

Thanks I have tried opening and closing the inventory screen. I also tried attacking something with it and there was no advantage to the weapon. I could not hit much with it. pretty much the same as using another +3 weapon with my +1 strength bonus.

Cireeric
08-02-2007, 08:21 PM
I guess no one else is having this problem?

Altumus
08-02-2007, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately for problems like this we cannot do anything in tech support but you may want to try to contact ingame support so they can investigate it and tell you if its a bug or not.

TreknaQudane
08-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Finesse weapons don't show their correct toHit bonuses in your inventory window.

If you swing at something though, you'll see you are getting the finesse effect from one though

Cireeric
08-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Finesse weapons don't show their correct toHit bonuses in your inventory window.

If you swing at something though, you'll see you are getting the finesse effect from one though

Thank you.

Is there any word if this will be addressed in the future?

Cireeric
08-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately for problems like this we cannot do anything in tech support but you may want to try to contact ingame support so they can investigate it and tell you if its a bug or not.

Ingame GM support told me to submit a bug report, which I did.

Gadget2775
08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
I've also experienced (and bug reported) problems with Finesse weapons.

They don't work. It isn't a display bug, it's an actual factual. Pulled some guildies into the pit for testing. Didn't matter if I was using my +2 light mace or my +2 Finesse light mace, the attack rolls came out the same. Always used my strength modifier for attack bonus. (Dex bonus is 6 points higher than my strength bonus)

Hokiewa
08-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I've also experienced (and bug reported) problems with Finesse weapons.

They don't work. It isn't a display bug, it's an actual factual. Pulled some guildies into the pit for testing. Didn't matter if I was using my +2 light mace or my +2 Finesse light mace, the attack rolls came out the same. Always used my strength modifier for attack bonus. (Dex bonus is 6 points higher than my strength bonus)

Post stats and feats please