PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Dwarvern Mod4.2+ Cleric.

Impaqt
07-30-2007, 05:48 PM
L16 Opens up some nice enhancemnts because I can drop CLR Wis 3. (Of course, If I get a +3 Wis Tome, I'l respec again) Added some oomph to my healing with the level cap raise in the form of Crit Chance and Multiplier, Hit Points can now break 400 Buffed and Standing I can hit 386 with a Greater False Life item :eek:

I think a Nice tradeoff coul dbe made in the Hit Points to Spell Penn Swapp.. -35 Hit Points for +2 Spell Penn? Yeah.. Sounds like a good trade with the SR in the Vale.

Dwarven Super-Cleric

Level 16 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
(1 Paladin / 15 Cleric)
Hit Points:356 + Greater False Life + Aid
20 HD+ 120CLR +10Paly +10D +128 CON +18 Toughness + 50 T-Enh = 356

Spell Points: 1519

80 Magical Training
675 CLR L15
264 CLR Wisdom Bonus
110 Paly Wisdom Bonus
110 EotZ
15 Dwarven Faith
85 Mental TOughness
80 Improved Mental TOughness
100 Pop X
-------

Saves:
F/R/W
9/5/9 L13 CLR
2/0/0 L1 Paly
1/1/1 Paly AUra
8/1/11 Stat Bonus'
4/4/4 Resistance Item
4/4/4 Greater Heroism
2/2/2 Recitation
----------
30/17/31

Fortitude: 29
Reflex: 16
Will: 30

To Hit:
16 Base (w/Divine Power)
5 STR Bonus
3 Divine Favor
2 Dwarven Axe Attack
3 +3 Elemental Dwaven Axe
------
+29 First Swing 29/29/34/39

Abilities
(32 Point)
{20}Strength 14+6 tem/Divine Power =20
{12}Dexterity 8 +4 Item or Cats Grace =12
{26}Constitution 18 +1 Dwarf Con +1 Tome +6 Item
{8}Intelligence 8
{32}Wisdom 18 +4 Levels +2 Tome +2 Cleric +6 Item
{6}Charisma 6

Skills

Concentration 19 Ranks +11 Wisdom +13 Item = 43

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 2 (Paladin)

Level 3 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 4 (Cleric)

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 16 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack I
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
Enhancement: Dwarven Faith I
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense I
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense II
Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense III
Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness I
Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness II
Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness III
Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness IV
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life II
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life II
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic III
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic IV
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot III
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot IV
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom II
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery II
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery III
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery IV

EDIT:
Updated for Mod6 L16 Cap 1/30/08

Theadora
07-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Thank you!

Orrick_The_Undying
07-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Perhaps forever since Gren is gone now :(

What ? have I missed something.. when did this happen? and where can I read his farewell post?

Grenfell
07-30-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm not sold on the Wand Mastery line for this character.

Oh wait, am I supposed to be gone? Jeez, I didn't get the memo. :D

/gren

Impaqt
07-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Doh! Why did I think you said you were leaving the game? My bad.... Someone with a bunch of builds recently left...

I like wand mastery for the Scroll boost..... Bumps up Heal scrolls just enough....

Edit:
(gangwulfe.. Thats who I was thinking of..... My apologizes Gren)

Gennerik
07-30-2007, 09:55 PM
Right now, you have Heighten Spell. I'm not entirely sure why. For the most part, anything my Cleric casts is level 6 or level 7 when I want to affect monsters (except maybe Greater Command, but I find Cometfall being much more useful, so tend to use that more). Most of your low-level spells are buffs, which get no advantage from Heighten Spell, nor does Destruction, and Cometfall and Blade Barrier only increase the DCs by 1. I'd think you'd get much better use from Empower Healing and use the enhancements from Wand Mastery to get at least Improved Empowered Healing II (or Improved Empowered Healing I and Cleric Life Magic IV).

You have 107 more SP than my Cleric does, and except for the rarest of occasions I never touch a wand or a scroll (and I make no distinction about Warforged, so I normally Heal them as well and let the casters kill things). I'm just thinking that you could improve your healing ability without sacrificing anything to your combat ability and never have to rely on wands or scrolls either.

And Gren, I'm sorry to hear that you left. But welcome back. I knew you couldn't stay away for long.

arminius
07-31-2007, 08:48 AM
Thank you for reposting this. I recently started a Dwarven cleric and was thinking along the same lines as your template. However, I wanted to ask, why 1 level of paladin as opposed to 1 level of fighter? I am totally new to clerics, so if this question is naive or whatever, I apologize.

1 level of paladin gets you the +1 ac and +1 saving throw aura. I am not sure that it gets the spell points bonus, but if you know that it does, then I believe you. You get one smite evil. The other things that it gains are things that fighters get too, or that clerics have anyway. The really big things that paladin multiclasses gain--fear/disease immunity, charisma-based saving bonus, lay on hands--come from 2/3 levels of paladin.

In contrast, taking a level of fighter gets you tower shield proficiency (nice for a cleric) and an extra feat. Extra feats are pretty yummy, though the drawback here is that it is a fighter class feat that would be of more limited benefit than a metamagic feat or toughness would be. 1 level of fighter also gets some handy 1 point fighter enhancements like haste boost or item defense, which pretty much anyone could use.

What do you think? What was the thing that tipped it for you away from fighter and toward paladin?

_

Impaqt
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I chose Paladin for this build for the Saves and Spell Points. My Clerics generally dual Weild in Healing Mode, and the extra 2 AC from a Tower Sheild isnt all that exciting anymore. Besides, the Reaver Tower Sheild is by far the best bet for a cleric anyway and that grants the proficency and has some nice DR.. ANd it drops all the time....

FIghter is a Very popular Splash for battle clerics.... I wanted this guy to have good melee power, but first and foremost, hes an offensive Caster.

As far as Healing, I use Scrolls mostly... EMpower healingmay stil be apealing to some folks, but in practical useage it overheals quite a bit and there is no real world benefit. Your healing 1.5 Times more for 1.5 times the cost..... I simply dont like the feat for this build.

Now, Heighten Spell.....

There are 2 Primary spels I use Heighten on. Hold Person and Soundburst. ANd recenetly I've started using it on Orders Wrath. Making these 3 Spells 7th level Rocks.... Its some of the best Crowd Control in the game.

Blazer
07-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Now, Heighten Spell.....

There are 2 Primary spels I use Heighten on. Hold Person and Soundburst. ANd recenetly I've started using it on Orders Wrath. Making these 3 Spells 7th level Rocks.... Its some of the best Crowd Control in the game.

I, too, have Heighten on my offensive casting cleric. Love it love it love it. Is it on 100% of the time? Heck no. When it is on, however, rare is the monster that saves against my spells. Oh, and it rocks in places where you don't need to worry about SP so much, like the Reaver raid.

Nestorious
08-03-2007, 03:01 AM
Impact, I believe it was Gol who left - expect him back around mod 6 (if its decent)

arminius
08-03-2007, 08:23 AM
As a follow-up, I did level the Cleric to level 2, and went with Paladin as described here.

It is true that you get the Paladin's bonus spell points for wisdom. I wasn't sure that would be the case because Paladins don't get spells at level 1, so I wasn't sure that any spell bonuses would apply. But they do.

My main is an X/1 Paladin/Sorcerer, and I should have remembered that when I went from a 1 Sorc to a 1/1 Sorc/Pal, I also got a spell point bonus for the Paladin's wisdom (for what that was worth at the time) even though the Paladin could not cast any Paladin spells yet.

So the bottom line is, am pretty happy with it so far. Also, one of the big reasons I would have considered Fighter instead was the usefulness of even 1 level of Item Defense, which has traditionally been a Fighter-only enhancement. Now, however, the WDA has announced that Mod 5.0 will include Item Defense lines for all melee classes including Paladin. So that is one more feature that tilts the build to favor Paladin over Fighter....

_

Theadora
08-03-2007, 08:44 AM
Dizzy is now 2cl/1pal and she is awesome and fun to play. My husband has to remind me not to level her too quickly as I can solo her easily at this level. She definitely got the boost from the pal as she has more spell points than my human clerics did at this level.

PurdueDave
08-03-2007, 01:47 PM
Impact, I believe it was Gol who left - expect him back around mod 6 (if its decent)

Gol left? Ouch.

Impaqt...You might want to drop a note in the build about it being a fine 28-pt character as well in case a newbie takes a loot at it.

Impaqt
08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
GOod Point, the only thing 28pt is gonna do to this guy is drop his Hit points from 327 to 313.

Riekan
09-19-2007, 07:56 AM
Impaqt,
I was running this build through the character generator and it doesn't appear that you can take the enhancements that you have listed without moving Toughness to level 3 so you can open up the Toughness enhancements. Did you swap it to level 9 at a later date? Right now, you get stuck at level 4 with 8 spent and needing 10 to keep moving. I'm sure you could pick something to move forward, but was wondering why Toughness at 9? Is it just to keep the Cleric stuff progressing?

Impaqt
09-19-2007, 08:52 AM
I never do any of my Enhancements till Level 14..... I tend to change em up a lot as I level characters along in game as well.

If your concerned about spening a few plat to respec your enhancements then yeah, you may need to take Toughness sooner. Itherwise, DOtn worry about it.. Spend your action points as ya get em and once your capped, reset em to my suggestion... Or whatever you like.

(BTW, got this guy to Level 14 Last night night Very fun cleric to play)

Riekan
09-19-2007, 09:15 AM
Cool, Thanks for the quick update. Yeah, I tend to swap my enhancements around a lot too. Just too early in the morning to be thinking that way. =)

arminius
09-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I ran into the enhancement problem as well, resulting in my taking Toughness at level 6 instead of Improved Mental Toughness. Am almost to level 7 now.

This is indeed a fun, effective cleric. Have had a hard time trying to come up with a unique variation, because it is overall so well thought out. It is the highest compliment that I can pay to this template to note that I have 5 characters that I play, and not one of the others is based on any template at all. But this one I can't seem to steer away from.

Am still suspicious of Heighten, but then again I have a good while to go yet, who knows where my playing style will take me.

_

Theadora
09-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I too took the Toughness feat at level 6 instead of Imp Mental Toughness.

DizzyDora is level 7 now and only because I keep taking breaks from playing her. She is an absolute blast to play. Only problem is that I find myself haunting the vendor and AH looking for nice toys to give her to play with :)

Impaqt
09-19-2007, 04:45 PM
If you want to Crowd Control, Take Heighten..... Its one of those metas that you cant possibly appreciate until you have it.... Some of a Clerics best Area of Effect Crowd Control is lewer level spells.. (Sondburst and Orders Wrath) adding 2-5 DC on those 2 spells alone can save yer bacon. Sure, You have Greater Command..... (Also Heightenable!) but being able to throw a Sounburst, Orders Wrath and GC pretty much can get you out of any situation.

BTW: Updated Build for l16

Girevik
09-26-2007, 08:34 AM
I think I am going to roll up a guy based on this build this evening. Of course, being a deviant I plan on deviating somewhat. Please tell me if I am completely off base with the deviation(s).

Instead of going:
1 cleric, 1 paladin, and then 12 cleric, I was thinking of going
1 ranger, and then 13 cleric.

Both are 13-1's with the splash in a Wisdom based caster for the bonus spell points. Both splashes open up the full line of martial weapons.

The differences:

Paladins get the +1/+1 aura, while Rangers get a +2 to Reflex save, the Cleric's weak suit. If a "real" paladin is about (which I expect there to be, since this is for a static group role) then the aura is replaced by the better one.

Ranger will get Bow Strength and a Favored Enemy (Undead), while the Paladin will have +7 more hit points (at the expense of an Action Point).

Ranger will have a boatload (relatively) of skill points (6-1)x4 = 20 to spend at first level, including Concentration, so I can keep that maxed and have some for tossing into other abilities (4 Concentration, 4 Spot, 4 Jump, 4 Swim, 2 Balance, for example).

I am waffling on the stats: 14 Str and 18 Con as spec'd or 15 Str and 17 Con to play with odds. I will probably go with the original, but kick myself in hindsight everytime I end up with an odd stat.

Comments? Did I miss the point somewhere?

Impaqt
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I think I am going to roll up a guy based on this build this evening. Of course, being a deviant I plan on deviating somewhat. Please tell me if I am completely off base with the deviation(s).

Instead of going:
1 cleric, 1 paladin, and then 12 cleric, I was thinking of going
1 ranger, and then 13 cleric.

Both are 13-1's with the splash in a Wisdom based caster for the bonus spell points. Both splashes open up the full line of martial weapons.

The differences:

Paladins get the +1/+1 aura, while Rangers get a +2 to Reflex save, the Cleric's weak suit. If a "real" paladin is about (which I expect there to be, since this is for a static group role) then the aura is replaced by the better one.

Ranger will get Bow Strength and a Favored Enemy (Undead), while the Paladin will have +7 more hit points (at the expense of an Action Point).

Ranger will have a boatload (relatively) of skill points (6-1)x4 = 20 to spend at first level, including Concentration, so I can keep that maxed and have some for tossing into other abilities (4 Concentration, 4 Spot, 4 Jump, 4 Swim, 2 Balance, for example).

I am waffling on the stats: 14 Str and 18 Con as spec'd or 15 Str and 17 Con to play with odds. I will probably go with the original, but kick myself in hindsight everytime I end up with an odd stat.

Comments? Did I miss the point somewhere?

Actually, My own personal build I went 15/17 so its not that crazy an idea..... You WIll want to eat a STR tome at one point.... Since Divine Favor is +6STR you'll end up with 21 whenever you have it up..

Unless you take the Ranger level First, you dont ge the bonus Skill points... You'll get 5 Poitns for your Ranger level.

Ranger is a very good alternate for this build. and will work fine.

Girevik
09-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Alright, thanks, you convinced me, I'll do the 15/17.

I was planning on going 1st level with the Ranger (an 8 Dex Ranger :eek: ). 1st goes so quickly that it is not a big deal. I should just be able to blast through it (especially with twinked wand use). I will rearrange the Feats, grabbing Toughness at 1st. Then Cleric and casting Feats from there on out.

gamejunkee
11-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Have a halfing barb/fighter which I guess is my "main" such as it is , only been playing for 3 weeks.

I love the halfing race so my question is, how would making this build as a halfing instead of dwarf do? I am still new to the stats etc, just wonderig if it would be so bad as to not do it etc etc.

Impaqt
11-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Have a halfing barb/fighter which I guess is my "main" such as it is , only been playing for 3 weeks.

I love the halfing race so my question is, how would making this build as a halfing instead of dwarf do? I am still new to the stats etc, just wonderig if it would be so bad as to not do it etc etc.

This is a Min/max build optomized for the Dwarven race. There are plenty of good options for a Halfling builds. I cant say I would recomend halfling for this particular build though.

I certainly would Never take Toughness on a Halfling Cleric build. The payoff just isnt there. You cant start the Con as high and you have a Penalty to STR right off the bat (Which is partially amde up with your +1 to hit), and no melee weapon enhancments available.

gamejunkee
11-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Thanks for posting back : )

I rolled a dwarf just to play around and they look just as cool as the halfing runnig, jumping etc. so am going to try with dwarf,

Have a question (or two):

regarding the ranger vs palladin, does the ranger also give extra SP or is it just the pally?
at what level do clerics get their first "breakthrough" damage spell (like I hear fireball/firewall is for arcane guys)?
for levleing through the harbor would you recomend sheild and one hander or a 2 handerweapon?

If this stuff is too newbie oriented I will take it to the other forum...but you answered first! : )

Impaqt
11-17-2007, 03:45 PM
THis character is all Sword and Board for Melee. Please dont forget your role as a healer though.

A Level of Ranger will provide the same spell point boost on this build. Your Trade the Basic Paly aura for a Favorite enemy. I would recomend Undead as its the most plentiful in the game.

Ladywolf
12-08-2007, 11:05 PM
what changes would you make to the build with what u now know of mod 5 and 6, and the changes to quicken, and if you had a full set of +1 tomes, and assuming you can get your hands on most any gear, and with the various new loot items available such as the toughness helm etc?

Impaqt
12-09-2007, 12:27 AM
what changes would you make to the build with what u now know of mod 5 and 6, and the changes to quicken, and if you had a full set of +1 tomes, and assuming you can get your hands on most any gear, and with the various new loot items available such as the toughness helm etc?

Build has held up well into Mod 5 and dont foresee any major changes so far for mod 6. I actually swapped Heighten out for Quicken.. Love it.

Going 15/17 on STR/CON makes sense if you have access to tomes. I actually scored a +3 Dex tome from my 20th reaver tonight so now I only need an ansilary +1 dex to max out my Blue dragon armor... would of rather had Con or STR.... But cant complain much as I at least got a tome.

Ladywolf
12-09-2007, 12:58 PM
so would u still put your points into concentration, or should I put it in something else?

Impaqt
12-09-2007, 01:55 PM
so would u still put your points into concentration, or should I put it in something else?

If your set on Quicken, you can throw that one measly skill point per level into something else, Balance is always nice to have, and you get a nice balance boost as a dwarf as well. a cleric on his/her back isnt all that much fun.

Dargath01
01-30-2008, 09:49 AM
thinking of using this build for a template... with the level capped raised to 16, would you continue to level in Cleric at this point? Or go back and splash another level into Palidan to pick up the immunities and the Lay on Hands?

Impaqt
01-30-2008, 09:59 AM
thinking of using this build for a template... with the level capped raised to 16, would you continue to level in Cleric at this point? Or go back and splash another level into Palidan to pick up the immunities and the Lay on Hands?

Chr is still a Dump Stat on this build.. Keep Cleric all the way to L20 and Beyound.

Line-dog
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
Impaqt:

I played the 28pt version of this build to level7 and I found it very effective. Now I was going to re-roll him as a 32 point build. The thing is, I started to notice that some mobs were getting hard to hit. I was thinking about maybe pushing a little more into Str and I've now got a +1Str tome. I was trying to decide which of the following stat allocations to go with:

Str17, Dex 8, Con13, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 6

Or

Str16, Dex 8, Con16, Int 8, Wis 18, Cha 6

The first one sacrifices 32 HP at level 16 for a bit more melee power I think. I would definitely put a +2 favor tome into Wisdom. additional thought here: With 13 Con I would be giving up +1 or +2 fortitude save as well. That' not sounding like a good option.

Also, if you're recommending the Quicken Spell feat, should I put the skill points into balance or something else?

I've accumulated quite a few DP clickies for my other multi-class characters. But I suppose this char will not need DP clickies.

Thanks for sharing your builds!
:)

Impaqt
02-16-2008, 01:52 PM
Persoanlly, I dont think there would be a big difference between a 15 or 17 Startign STR.... We're talking +1 to Hit....

thats 5 Points that can be a much bigger help in other areas

My guy started with a 15 STR actually.... and its plenty for pulling out an axe in an emergency situation..... +1 TOme and DIvine power puts me at a 22 STR... +6 or +7 to hit? Is it really worth 5 Build poitns?

I rarely pull out a weapon anymore..... Sometimes when soloing Favor... Or beating ona portal and thats about it.....

As for SKill Points... I like having a high Concentration.... I really dont need to leave Quicken on all the time and that helps a lot.

Gol
02-17-2008, 11:13 PM
I just rolled a new cleric tonight, similar to this guy. Dorf of course, 15/8/17/8/18/6, ate +1 Str/Con/Wis tomes already at 1 Pal / 1 Cleric, and then pulled a +2 Wis tome on my to-be-replaced Cleric an hour later (unbound!).

Impaqt
02-17-2008, 11:37 PM
I just rolled a new cleric tonight, similar to this guy. Dorf of course, 15/8/17/8/18/6, ate +1 Str/Con/Wis tomes already at 1 Pal / 1 Cleric, and then pulled a +2 Wis tome on my to-be-replaced Cleric an hour later (unbound!).

Thos are actuallyt eh stats I started my persona build with.... I modified my presentation build slightly to bemore friendly to non-power gamers....

Its great fun.. Hes at 16 now and rocks the vale. Just would like a little more Spell penn.

Impaqt
01-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Character is still going strong. as noted in other threads, I feel a Ranger splash is probably a better route to go these days over Paladin though.

HughDePayne
07-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Greetings Impaqt,

I'm curious as to how you get 32 piont to distribute for stats as there is only 28 avaiable.

Addenum : can I assume that as i level this character I'll recieve 4 more points to add to my stats over time?

I now understand where the extra 4 points have come from, anyone tell me how long it ruffly takes to get the 1750 fav ??

Autolycus
08-14-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi Impaqt,

I'm a new player who's running a human cleric. I was thinking about taking a couple of ranger levels, when I found this thread. It looks very similiar to what I'm thinking of doing.

I was wondering why not take 2 ranger levels, as the second level will give you both rapid shot and two weapon fighting? Especially since it's the only way I know to get TWF with a Dex < 15.

BTW, Where is the appropriate place for a new player to post a build idea to get constructive feedback?

Thanks

Impaqt
08-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Impaqt,

I'm a new player who's running a human cleric. I was thinking about taking a couple of ranger levels, when I found this thread. It looks very similiar to what I'm thinking of doing.

I was wondering why not take 2 ranger levels, as the second level will give you both rapid shot and two weapon fighting? Especially since it's the only way I know to get TWF with a Dex < 15.

BTW, Where is the appropriate place for a new player to post a build idea to get constructive feedback?

Thanks

2 levels is OK, You do lose a lot of spell points, more spell penn, and spell slots. I dont TWF enough onthis guy to justifuy it. and even when I do, I generally dont have trouble hitting things as I'm usually just swinging at trash mobs...

These forums right here are the lace to post yer builds. Just put it in the appropriet subforum and yer good.

Vileborg
08-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Just keep in mind that with a low dex, your cannibalizing an already weak spot for clerics. I'd recommend eating a +2 tome, and a +6 dex item (to maximize the ac bonus from full plate) as well as a balance item and maxing balance in skills as you level. When you start shrouding I would recommend a dex skills HP item for +6 to dex skills, and 45hp, not to mention a displacement clicky. If you want to burn the resources you could put a 20% concealment on it as well but its costly.

This build could be difficult for a first build on costs due to low cha based Haggle. For a first character I would recommend a charisma cleric, or a Haggle Bard. A 28 point build haggle bard can solidly get haggle in the 60's which will save you hordes of gold on consumables.

Impaqt
08-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Just keep in mind that with a low dex, your cannibalizing an already weak spot for clerics. I'd recommend eating a +2 tome, and a +6 dex item (to maximize the ac bonus from full plate) as well as a balance item and maxing balance in skills as you level. When you start shrouding I would recommend a dex skills HP item for +6 to dex skills, and 45hp, not to mention a displacement clicky. If you want to burn the resources you could put a 20% concealment on it as well but its costly.

This build could be difficult for a first build on costs due to low cha based Haggle. For a first character I would recommend a charisma cleric, or a Haggle Bard. A 28 point build haggle bard can solidly get haggle in the 60's which will save you hordes of gold on consumables.

poor Dex and Reflex saves are pretty easy to overcome. Lots of Hit Points and Self healing. THis build has both of course.

You've already made it abundantly clear that you dont like my clerical style there Vile..... THats fine, theres no need for you to come in and try to warn others away. THis has been a solid build for a very long time. People enjoy playing it even though they dont have the best reflex save..

This makes an awesome First character. Haggle is nice, but certainly not necessary for someone who can play the game.

I look forward to seeing some of your builds soon.

Autolycus
08-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the info!

I'll try and put together a coherent build post in the next couple of days, and look forward to your feedback.

Vileborg
08-17-2009, 07:41 AM
I wasn't attacking the build. While it's not a build thats of interest to me, it's a solid viable build for people who like to do things different from myself. I wasn't criticizing the build as much as pointing out what needs to be addressed with gear and suggestions as to how to do that.

Clerics are costly as first characters in the earlier levels, and IMO this would make it a little more difficult starting with a negative to Charisma skills.

I wouldn't insult you by adding a build contrary to yours to this thread. It is neither the time nor the place.

Zorminster
09-22-2009, 06:34 PM
I'm fairly interested in this build-- perhaps you could advise on changes that you would consider with the event of mod9 or extend the build to 20?

Impaqt
09-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm fairly interested in this build-- perhaps you could advise on changes that you would consider with the event of mod9 or extend the build to 20?

No deviations to what was talked about already in the thread.

instead of Paladin, take a Level of Ranger. This gives you a Fav enemy and my personal favorite, Sprint boost. Esp[ecially handy if yoru called on to kite shadow fiends in the Tower of Despair.

17-20 all Cleric.

Zorminster
09-23-2009, 02:34 PM
Level 4 and it's going well. What are your bread and butter spell selections for most standard days?

drwranck
10-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey Impaqt! Time to upgrade your build for mod9... level 20 is here! :D I'd like to ask you some things while i'm here... Would you still say that you'd recommend ranger over paladin for this build? since we can get to 20 now, would you recommend 2 splash level of ranger/paladin or just 1 still?? and can you add the 28 points option for the build?

Thanks a ton and keep up the good work!

Impaqt
10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Hey Impaqt! Time to upgrade your build for mod9... level 20 is here! :D I'd like to ask you some things while i'm here... Would you still say that you'd recommend ranger over paladin for this build? since we can get to 20 now, would you recommend 2 splash level of ranger/paladin or just 1 still?? and can you add the 28 points option for the build?

Thanks a ton and keep up the good work!

Its only been a few weeks since I talked about this build.

Yes, Ranger Is better than Paly

No, 1 Level splash is plenty.

just drop Con to 16 for 28 points.

thetruehooha
10-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Hey Boss,

First off, I wanna say I've got a lot of respect for your builds. You've got good ideas.

Anyway, I just got back into DDO, and I'd like to run one of your builds, from the thread here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=115800 as my new main. Only real mod I'd like to make is running them as a pure, so I can focus on maximizing spell penetration and get the capstone.

Do you have any advice on how to get the most out of this build going that route?

Thanks!

Comboii
10-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Quick question,

Would taking 1pal and 1rng give twice the mana bonus? One from each class to wisdom?
Or is it because you just dont want to have 2 levels of anything other than cleric?

Impaqt
10-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Quick question,

Would taking 1pal and 1rng give twice the mana bonus? One from each class to wisdom?
Or is it because you just dont want to have 2 levels of anything other than cleric?

Yes, It would.. But the difference in sp is negligible and not worth losing another cleric level/Spell Penetration/Spell Sots.

wilfan
10-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Just posting to say that this cleric rocks. Did the latest variant with 1 level of Ranger. Action Boost: Sprint is useful from the start for running around town and to catch up if lag behind the party. There's nothing worse than people engaging a pack and being out of healer's range. Also, it stacks with Expeditious Retreat.

I'm wondering from time to time what am I missing by not going 2 fighter/18 cleric as I kinda like to bash on things with the dorf axe when there's nothing to heal or when I solo. Still, getting that blade barrier a level sooner and being able to kite mobs like a mad bat out of hell should more than make up for it. Just 2 more levels to go...

drwranck
11-06-2009, 09:53 AM
It would be nice if you'd edit your OP with the changes your are applying in the following threads, ranger instead of paladin, modification on stats.... thanks again, great build!

BracchusBridgeburner
11-09-2009, 06:52 AM
about that switch to ranger for the 1 level of splash, I'm curious why still. Paladin's Aura of Good's +1 across the board saves and AC vs evil seems to be a lot beefier than one favorite enemy and some fast movement, no?

Impaqt
11-09-2009, 12:02 PM
about that switch to ranger for the 1 level of splash, I'm curious why still. Paladin's Aura of Good's +1 across the board saves and AC vs evil seems to be a lot beefier than one favorite enemy and some fast movement, no?

no.

+1 Saves Probably isnt going to help. ANd +1 Ac DEFINITLY isnt going to help. Plus, Many groups nowadays already have a Paladin. Your aura gets overridden.

BracchusBridgeburner
11-09-2009, 03:56 PM
oh ****, I totally forgot about the over writing. ok thx

Antag
11-13-2009, 08:21 AM
It would be nice if you'd edit your OP with the changes your are applying in the following threads, ranger instead of paladin, modification on stats.... thanks again, great build!

I second this request. I'd like to see an update with the ranger splash too. I'm having a terrible time deciding how to roll a cleric... 19cle/1pal, 19cle/1rng, 18cle/2mnk, 17cle/3mnk... the list goes on and on.

Wylker1
11-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey Impaqt, newish player here, gonna try this out, thanks for the ideas! Going with the recommended ranger splash, any other words for someone who has no idea what many of the words in this thread mean? :)

halvdan7
12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I am new. Been playing a few months (although I did beta the original game, avid PnP player for 30 yrs.)
I have read this while thread 2-3 times.
I love the build as is and I noticed you nixxed the half-ling option, makes sense.
Is there a viability for Human on this build? I know the hit points would be less and the weapon choice would be diff.
Anything else that would make using Human for this build a deal breaker?
Would Human bump this build back to 1 lvl Ply splash and pts in balance.
I appreciate any information I can get.

Thank you.

Great information in your posts and timely.

XtremDandD
01-08-2010, 03:33 AM
There is another small advantage to going with Pally which I noticed when playing the original build recently. You can pick up an enhancement to add +3 concentration to your aura - which is a handy thing to have... especially without quicken. Just pointing it out cos nobody else seemed to have mentioned it...

I also found that even with a pally in my group, there are quite a few situations where a cleric finds himself far enough away from the pally to not get the aura. If you're right in there with your melee, then you obviously get it. But in some groups/situations it's better for the cleric to hang back and focus on healing/cc - and then your own aura is still useful and benefits other squishies who may be hanging back too - including that concentration boost.

X

Reverant_Spark
01-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Hi, I have been looking through this build a lot, and I am wanting to try out the 28pt version, although, Im getting a litle confused by the thread, I was wondering if someone could post the actual build for the 1 ranger/19 cleric idea? And also, should I start as a ranger?

Many thanks in advance :)

Lorien_the_First_One
01-16-2010, 02:46 AM
Hi, I have been looking through this build a lot, and I am wanting to try out the 28pt version, although, Im getting a litle confused by the thread, I was wondering if someone could post the actual build for the 1 scout/20 cleric idea? And also, should I start as a scout?

max level is 20, so a 1/20 build isn't possible. There is no "scout" class.

Reverant_Spark
01-16-2010, 02:51 AM
Yeah, sorry about that, I meant 1/19 and ranger lol.

Impaqt
01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi, I have been looking through this build a lot, and I am wanting to try out the 28pt version, although, Im getting a litle confused by the thread, I was wondering if someone could post the actual build for the 1 ranger/19 cleric idea? And also, should I start as a ranger?

Not sure whats confusing.

No, you dont need to start as a ranger. you should NOT start as a ranger actually as it limits your feat selection due to not being able to cast at level 1.

Take the ranger level at level 2 or whenever.

Rest Cleric to level 20.

done.

Kage72
01-16-2010, 05:55 PM
I used to be all about dwarves for BC. But, I've moved over to the Human crowd now. The additional Human healing spell bonuses seem too nice to pass up. As much as I liked getting a free dwarven axe, I prefer a splash of another class that gives me full martial weapon options. It not always easy to find the weapon ya want when only have the 1 choice. It's cool when i find stuff like my +2 flaming burst scimitar of maiming for only like 5k gold because people don't look at them as much. Korpeshes cost an arm and a leg for a good one. :/

Impaqt
01-16-2010, 06:03 PM
I used to be all about dwarves for BC. But, I've moved over to the Human crowd now. The additional Human healing spell bonuses seem too nice to pass up.
But Humans DONT get a "Healing Spell Bonus' They get a Enhancment that effects Incoming healing of any kind... But often, especially ona cleric, the ap investment doesnt make sense.

As much as I liked getting a free dwarven axe, I prefer a splash of another class that gives me full martial weapon options. It not always easy to find the weapon ya want when only have the 1 choice. It's cool when i find stuff like my +2 flaming burst scimitar of maiming for only like 5k gold because people don't look at them as much. Korpeshes cost an arm and a leg for a good one. :/

WHen you splash Ranger on a Dwarf Cleric (Or any Martial Class for that matter) you still get Full martial Proficiency. you just get the free Exotic Proficency as well...

Kage72
01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
But Humans DONT get a "Healing Spell Bonus' They get a Enhancment that effects Incoming healing of any kind... But often, especially ona cleric, the ap investment doesnt make sense.

WHen you splash Ranger on a Dwarf Cleric (Or any Martial Class for that matter) you still get Full martial Proficiency. you just get the free Exotic Proficency as well...

The human healing benefit is for self, but I was told is does stack with the other. So, im talking more bout self healing as a BC. 6 ap isn't worth +20% healing on self?

Yeah, i was just saying I wasn't content with the limited access of not multiclassing for martial weapons. Don't get me wrong. I don't see a problem with extra d.axe option.

Also, on such a skill pt deficient class, and couple extra a level doesn't hurt. :) I aslo like adding +1 to wisdom/strength thru the adaptability enhancements.

Reverant_Spark
02-08-2010, 08:41 AM
Hi guys, just wondering what peoples thoughts were on dragonmarks for this build? Are they useful? or a waste of a feat exchange? This is my first propper char (first I took seriously lol) so Im not that knowledgeable of dragonmarks value. Plus, taking it at my current lvl (4/1 cleric/ranger) means dropping toughness or mental toughness. My destructive hack n slash side tells me stunning blow or power attack would be better, but being as new as I am to DDO, I thought I would see what yall the more experienced players thought. So... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. =]

Impaqt
02-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Hi guys, just wondering what peoples thoughts were on dragonmarks for this build? Are they useful? or a waste of a feat exchange? This is my first propper char (first I took seriously lol) so Im not that knowledgeable of dragonmarks value. Plus, taking it at my current lvl (4/1 cleric/ranger) means dropping toughness or mental toughness. My destructive hack n slash side tells me stunning blow or power attack would be better, but being as new as I am to DDO, I thought I would see what yall the more experienced players thought. So... Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance. =]

Dwarven Dragonmarks are pretty much useless on every class.

Reverant_Spark
02-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Wow! that was a fast reply! Thanks man! =]
So I guess Im best off keeping the toughness and mental toughness feats then, woulda liked something to bump up my damage like power attack, or a combat feat like stunning blow, but if I guess itisnt worth it if I have to swap out the toughness or mental toughness feat huh?

Impaqt
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Wow! that was a fast reply! Thanks man! =]
So I guess Im best off keeping the toughness and mental toughness feats then, woulda liked something to bump up my damage like power attack, or a combat feat like stunning blow, but if I guess itisnt worth it if I have to swap out the toughness or mental toughness feat huh?

A build like this really doesnt benefit from combat feats. If you want combat feats, Roll a fighter. Its not a Primary DPS build.

Reverant_Spark
02-08-2010, 10:03 AM
Ah, ok then, Im realy enjoying this build so far, I was just looking to ballance DPS and my cleric abilities, but I guess blade barrier will help with that later right?

Thanks for the info =]

inogungfu
03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I am following this build after tooling around with a healbot build from another poster and after getting sick to death of not even being able to solo the Korthos Island quests because of the supreme swing and miss ability of that cleric, I grew tired of it and deleted that one to make one following this build.

This one is far better in being able to actually melee and hit things. This build also has about 40 more SP at the same level (thanks to the HUGE boost from taking Paladin at level 2). I was able to solo the Korthos Village/Island quests on Elite with this build. I am now in Stormreach and find myself being able to do the first few quests on Hard, but Elite is just too much. Too many mobs hitting way too hard and me not being able to dish out enough damage to sustain even if I heal myself up and buff up as well. I was able to solo the kobold invasion quest (kill 200 kobolds) on casual, but on normal it was too much.

Currently at level 4 (so now I have my level 2 spells which should help some) but I am wondering how you guys spec your spells and play this type of character to be able to solo as easily as I see some people stating. I have a few melee weapons to choose from: A masterwork Dwarven Axe and a +1 Heavy Steel Shield, the Molin Axe (two handed axe) and I even have a heavy crossbow for some ranged attacks should I need it. I use bless, the divine shield, sound burst, command/hold person, and heal moderate wounds.

So any hints here as to how to play this class better?

Cam_Neely
04-17-2010, 06:59 PM
Can anyone make a suggestion for people that only have the 28pt build?

Also, it seems the overall concensus is to start cleric, go second level as Ranger, then Cleric on the way out, ignoring the Pally level. Is that correct?

for note, 32 point build
Abilities
(32 Point)
{20}Strength 14+6 tem/Divine Power =20
{12}Dexterity 8 +4 Item or Cats Grace =12
{26}Constitution 18 +1 Dwarf Con +1 Tome +6 Item
{8}Intelligence 8
{32}Wisdom 18 +4 Levels +2 Tome +2 Cleric +6 Item
{6}Charisma 6

Would you sacrifice Wisdom down? not sure for the mid to end game caster if that will mess you up. Thanks

EDIT Never mind, Rolled a 1 on my reading skill

Its only been a few weeks since I talked about this build.

Yes, Ranger Is better than Paly

No, 1 Level splash is plenty.

just drop Con to 16 for 28 points.

Gonna try this now, with lv 1 cleric, then 1 level Ranger then Cleric all the way :) with 1h ax and shield as my main melee for the early levels

halfaprayer
05-11-2010, 04:57 AM
Hi, thanks for the build info. I've made a 28pt battle cleric dwarf along these lines, with 14 Str and 16 Con, and a level of Ranger at level 2. Having great fun with it.

As others have mentioned, I'm swapping the level 6 and 9 feats ('Toughness' and 'Improved Mental Toughness') for practical reasons. Also, if people are wondering what to do with their Ranger level, I got the 'Favoured Enemy: Undead' and 'Sprint Boost' enhancements and skillswise I put one into 'Concentraion' and the rest into 'Balance' so I don't end up on my ass all the time :D

Chewysc
06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Heya Impaqt. I was wondering if you plan to make changes with Allendale once you've had a good look at the new Cleric PRE's?

Where I'm coming from is that my one and only high level toon is based on this build with 1 ranger but with only 28 pts so I'm looking to greater reincarnate in the near future to 32 pts. While I'm at it, I wondering if it would be worthwhile to respec to fit in the Cleric PRE's?

BTW, this has been a tremendous build for me. I'm level 16 now (actually 17 but I'm holding off levelling so I can finish GH) and am typically near/last man standing. The other night in Shroud pt 4 there was only me, a caster and a DPS left. It took 3 rounds and 2 heal scrolls to keep the DPS up but we able to finish off Harry and get the rest of the party up for part 5. I have to tell ya, ranger sprint boost is invaluable to avoid blades and Harry's DFB when you're it that situation.

Impaqt
06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
I dont think the Radiant Servers is a worthwhile PrE for this toon. Low CHR, and no focus on turning reduces the benefits of that PrE Significantly. Better off with a build with the PrE in mind when created.

AS for my personal plans, Allendales days are numbered. He had a fantastic run, but I'm in the proccess of finishing off some "20th" runs before True Reincarnating him into a Human FvS.

Its still an excellent build for newer players, but just not as effective as he could be in end game and Epic content.

Chewysc
06-03-2010, 12:29 PM
I dont think the Radiant Servers is a worthwhile PrE for this toon. Low CHR, and no focus on turning reduces the benefits of that PrE Significantly. Better off with a build with the PrE in mind when created.

AS for my personal plans, Allendales days are numbered. He had a fantastic run, but I'm in the proccess of finishing off some "20th" runs before True Reincarnating him into a Human FvS.

Its still an excellent build for newer players, but just not as effective as he could be in end game and Epic content.

Ah good to know. I figured as much with the low CHR as it would require such the respec that it would no longer be "Allendale". Perhaps I too will look into a somewhat different build when I greater reincarnate... perhaps a healbot with the PrE?

BTW, I also love your Leesa 3.0 build. She is my second toon at only level 5 but with enough gear and twinks all the way up to level 14. I have so many rapiers and shortswords that I had to create a mule to house my Leesa-toon's arsenal =D

Thanks so much for sharing!

Kreigar
10-11-2010, 12:05 PM
I'm a brand new player trying out this build (pally version), and I'm liking it so far. I'm interested in putting some Spell Penetration into this build though at higher levels. You mention that you can drop 35 hps for some spell pen but I don't see what feat only gives 35 hps. Toughness is a pre-req for all those toughness enhancements, and they add up to a lot of hps.

What would you sacrifice to get some spell pen?

Thanks a bunch.

Roaringdragon
03-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Impaqt, I like this build and I'm going to go with it. Just wondering if you could update the level cap to lvl 20 now. Wondering 19/1 cleric/paladin, or maybe 18/2 cleric/paladin. Also, should I splash ranger or paladin onto the build? Thanks for the build :)

Impaqt
03-13-2011, 07:53 PM
Impaqt, I like this build and I'm going to go with it. Just wondering if you could update the level cap to lvl 20 now. Wondering 19/1 cleric/paladin, or maybe 18/2 cleric/paladin. Also, should I splash ranger or paladin onto the build? Thanks for the build :)

I leveled this guy to a 19/1 build. Was nice for a while, but he ended up TR'd.

I would not recommend a splash on a cleric build nowadays.

Roaringdragon
03-13-2011, 08:04 PM
That means no weapon profiency though... except the maces and longswords right? Though the cleric capstone will help with 20% heal amp. Since I don't have champ, I built mine like urs only with 16 con instead. Will that make a big blow? Thanks for the quick reply Impaqt :)

I'll probably go Paladin for the 1/1/1 saves and the 1 AC extra. Hey, anything more helps right :D

Roaringdragon
03-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Argh... I just made the neutral good dwarven cleric, but i found you cannot be paladin. So I went ranger, will that effect me negatively alot? Also since you said that you didn't really use any weapons at all when later levels, why not go 19/1 cleric/sorceror or pure cleric 20. Since sorceror gets the 2x sp from weps and items, and you can get lvl 1 spells, I think exped retreat might help, though the problem is either raise cha by dropping str or go diff race like a drow... Right now though, my 2/1 cleric ranger build has been good, decent dps (with great axe) and decent heals :)

Doxmaster
03-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Since sorceror gets the 2x sp from weps and itemsQUOTE]

No. It doesnt. Not the way you think it does, anyway.

Sorcers get: ((Sorcerer level/ Total levels) multiplied by the sp item+the normal sp from the item.
[quote]Magi- level 20 sorc and a level 15cleric/5sorc
---
20 sorc
(20/20)100+100=(1)2x100=200. A 20 sorcerer gets 200 sp from a magi item.
---
15/5 cleric/sorc
(5/20)100+100=(.25)100+100=25+100=125 SP

So with a 19/1 cleric sorc you'll get 5 extra sp from the magi item. 10 extra sp from an archmagi item isnt really worth losing the capstone, a spell slot, sp DPS (higher BAB on a pure cleric than a 19/1 cleric sorc) is it?

Oh, also, you can get Expeditious retreat on wands using UMD. No idea why you would want to though...a cleric/ranger can use Longstrider scrolls which is basically 6 minute long Exp retreat. It is also easy to UMD longstrider scroll, if you dont splash.

Asketes
03-14-2011, 07:11 PM
reference: a lvl 12 sorcerer wearing a magi item gets 200 SP

I think you need as many levels in sorc/fvs as the ml of the magi/archmagi item to get the benefit.

where are you getting this math from? I haven't seen anything to this effect, where it splits, but then again, I don't splash my caster classes.

is Dox right?

Impaqt
03-14-2011, 07:11 PM
That means no weapon profiency though... except the maces and longswords right? Though the cleric capstone will help with 20% heal amp. Since I don't have champ, I built mine like urs only with 16 con instead. Will that make a big blow? Thanks for the quick reply Impaqt :)

I'll probably go Paladin for the 1/1/1 saves and the 1 AC extra. Hey, anything more helps right :D

no, I'm sorry. 1 of anything doesnt help much at end game. Cleric capstone gives you Divine Intervention. thats a "Free life" for most practical purposes. cant die when its active and you can put it on others as well. theres no healing amp.

Argh... I just made the neutral good dwarven cleric, but i found you cannot be paladin. So I went ranger, will that effect me negatively alot? Also since you said that you didn't really use any weapons at all when later levels, why not go 19/1 cleric/sorceror or pure cleric 20.

I dont recommend any cleric splashes anymore really.....

Since sorceror gets the 2x sp from weps and items, and you can get lvl 1 spells, I think exped retreat might help, though the problem is either raise cha by dropping str or go diff race like a drow... Right now though, my 2/1 cleric ranger build has been good, decent dps (with great axe) and decent heals :)

Bonus spell points are based on Sorc (Or FvS) levels. you do NOT get "Double" from having a single sorc level. only 5% more. pointless.

Roaringdragon
03-15-2011, 12:54 AM
I'm still a newb here, so I didn't really know about the sorceror math. Just wondering, if pure lvl 20 cleric better, should I drop strength and boost charisma? Then, I can do more burst heals, or I could raise dex/con, since I noticed my reflex save is -1 on my cleric, until the ranger level and belt which made it 3.

New Build I guess?

Dwarven Healer/Caster (wouldn't drow fit better if it was for those? Since all dwarf gives is +2 con and a -2 to cha...)

28 point build
Str:12
Con:16
Dex:10
Int:8
Wis:18
Cha:6

or

Str: 8
Con:18
Dex:8

Not sure whether I should do those stats or I should keep the 14 str, since you're not going to be really using dps alot above level 10ish or more. I need some help from more senior people :)

Also, wondering if I could make one of the feats empower heal, and then swapping it once you have good clickies and such.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-15-2011, 01:07 AM
Dwarven Healer/Caster (wouldn't drow fit better if it was for those? Since all dwarf gives is +2 con and a -2 to cha...)

No. It also gives you +con enhancements, +toughness enhancement, and +sp enhancements.

Drow is generally a poor choice for most builds.

28 point build
Str:12
Con:16
Dex:10

or

Str: 8
Con:18
Dex:8

The extra points into dex won't help you at all really. 16 CON is probably sufficient, the rest into STR (early melee, avoids needing a str item to carry stuff around/if exhausted later).

If you prefer to put it into cha for bursts that's your call, its a playstyle choice.

Also, wondering if I could make one of the feats empower heal, and then swapping it once you have good clickies and such.

With the right gear you can get EH down to 1 or 2 extra SP (well, at least until U9, who knows what will happen then) so I never turn it off on my cleric.

Roaringdragon
03-15-2011, 08:57 PM
No. It also gives you +con enhancements, +toughness enhancement, and +sp enhancements.

Drow is generally a poor choice for most builds.

The extra points into dex won't help you at all really. 16 CON is probably sufficient, the rest into STR (early melee, avoids needing a str item to carry stuff around/if exhausted later).

If you prefer to put it into cha for bursts that's your call, its a playstyle choice.

With the right gear you can get EH down to 1 or 2 extra SP (well, at least until U9, who knows what will happen then) so I never turn it off on my cleric.

Hmm, but didn't Impaqt say he didn't use dps that often? Might as well lower str to 12 possibly, good enough for about everything. 14 still works though, but I wonder if str is lowered to 12, where to put the other 2 points. Other then that, I think the builds fine, even without the ranger, the cleric still can hit some stuff with a good mace. Then,...I just got a great mace reward and turned...:( Also, Lorien, if you can get EH to 1~2 sp only more, which feat could I swap for EH. Then, I could be a hit a little when my spells don't work, be a caster, and a healer with the right gear and clickies. Thanks for the reply :) :D !

TheDjinnFor
03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Edit: Nvm.

Roaringdragon
03-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Edit: Nvm.

LoL

TheDjinnFor
03-15-2011, 10:16 PM
LoL

Well I was wondering why someone necro'd this, until I read this:

Just wondering if you could update the level cap to lvl 20 now.

Roaringdragon
03-15-2011, 11:14 PM
At least someone is reading most of my useless newby comments :) :D :)

Roaringdragon
03-16-2011, 01:54 AM
Impaqt, I also found http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117232 Sigtrent's builds good. So I might base some of the of his instead :D :)

Roaringdragon
03-22-2011, 07:55 PM
I probably posted a bit too much in a row now... but if you were to make a pure cleric, would you just be a healbot from levels 1~11 until you get BB? That's what I'm wondering. :)