PDA

View Full Version : Turbine, Stop Exploiting the System Bugs!

cyan027
07-27-2007, 04:07 PM
OK I think I didnt make myself clear last time, I will re-post it again.

The new change of the Pop Boss is actually Turbine's Devs exploiting the system bug.

Why?

For now, we players can only target an enemy by hitting tab key to cycle through ALL the enemies in the field through to find out what target we want. That is one of the reason why we want to encircle that Warforge boss and keep him from running around.

But now he can teleport.

Teleport is ok, I understand even monsters must have their own right to earn a chance to survive. But Turbine you must understand, when that boss teleport, he can BREAK the TARGET LOCK we put on him! He will disappear from focus orb, hide in plain sight, and launch his vicious attack toward us while our players try to tab through all the minions to find him again! And when we finally target on him again, he teleports away, break the focus orb lock, and we have to tab through all those s**ts on the field to find him again!

Isn't this Turbine try to exploit the system bug? Try to exploit the bug in system design to gain advantage for their own?

I demand:

1. Fix the focus orb bug, make it maintain FOCUS on the selected target until we player hit the tab again to focus on another target.

or

2. Remove that stupid warforge's ability to teleport!

How inspiring, Turbine ask us not to exploit the bugs of system and they exploit the bug themselves! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Aspenor
07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
You can't be serious :confused:

Sue_Dark
07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
No.... just no

pastor_dex
07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
At first I thought the OP was silly, but he has a point. I generally don't target that way, but his point is valid and Turbine should change the way targeting works, so that he shows back up in the orb when he is hittable.

boldarblood
07-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Its still not really that hard, just stay in 1 place let him come to you.

Dont agree with this change.

Raath
07-27-2007, 04:13 PM
nm, I ninja'ed myself .

Raath
07-27-2007, 04:14 PM
See her other thread, in which the game is too hard and using spells is also an exploit.

Just because you make more threads doesnt mean more are going to agree with you. Please stop.

MysticTheurge
07-27-2007, 04:14 PM

I think it's a perfectly reasonable request that teleporting/phasing/invisible-gaseous-flown-away creatures would remain in the focus orb even while they're not present.

In D&D, you'd be able to ready an action so that when the appropriate creature reappeared you could immediately act. The lack of such a feature in DDO is partly what makes these kinds of tactics so annoying. Maintaining the focus through these sequences would be a decent replication of the mechanic.

Eelpout
07-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Wouldn't that ability be a little similar to us casting invis or going back into hiding when aggroed?? I know on my rogue when the giants in the lower cave start to give me their hate when they see me stealling from their treasure chest, if I drink an invis potion or go back into hiding, they have a hard time targeting me.

It seems to me that if we could keep targeting the creatures when they use their special abilities it would severly weaken the ability.

KiwiJoe
07-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes I too demand you make the quests easier!

I'm not already mind numbling bored running POP for the 200th time whilst watching TV and holding a conversation with a family member. POP is too difficult, I have to use every drop of my mojo to beat it.

I'm mojo'd out... Please help!

Hafeal
07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree with OP and Mystic.

Instead of the "default" being you lose the target, the default could be you "stay" with the target. For those who think it is too easy, you could target out the creature and then find him and target him again for greater challenge...

I think it's a perfectly reasonable request that teleporting/phasing/invisible-gaseous-flown-away creatures would remain in the focus orb even while they're not present.

In D&D, you'd be able to ready an action so that when the appropriate creature reappeared you could immediately act. The lack of such a feature in DDO is partly what makes these kinds of tactics so annoying. Maintaining the focus through these sequences would be a decent replication of the mechanic.

Kethir
07-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Agree with OP. According to the lap dogs on the forums, this would be an "exploit". Maybe the dev(s) should be given an arbitrary 30 day ban from programming for "exploiting" this "bug".

Reasonable request that will go nowhere. Mostly since "exploit" is determined by the person who enforces the rules (i.e., THEM) and this is not as important as other bugs in the game. By the time they fixed it, we will stop running pop anyway.

Raath
07-27-2007, 04:25 PM
I stand corrected. Post more and you will get more that agree.

/shrugs

Ziggy
07-27-2007, 04:30 PM

I agree with OP and Mystic.

Instead of the "default" being you lose the target, the default could be you "stay" with the target. For those who think it is too easy, you could target out the creature and then find him and target him again for greater challenge...
I believe Asp was talking about the OP complaining this was an exploit.

MysticTheurge
07-27-2007, 04:34 PM
I believe Asp was talking about the OP complaining this was an exploit.

Oh, yeah. Well that's a little silly. Given that an exploit is generally defined as using something the devs never intended to give yourself an in-game advantage, it's awfully hard for the devs to exploit anything. But there's some truth to the complaint in general and to terming it an exploit. This isn't really a problem that has any basis in D&D rules and merely is a outgrowth in the game interface (tab selecting and/or having to look around for the target again). In some ways they are using non-game factors to give themselves an in-game advantage. That's almost like an exploit.

AEschyl
07-27-2007, 04:42 PM
you can always set up the hotkey that targets things furthest away from you instead of closest...

and yes, TELEPORTING 'should' break your lock on him. that's what the spell's supposed to do.. ya know.. get away from you.

just turn around and mouse click him *shrug*

it's really not that hard

quit requesting that turbine spoon feed everything to you

take a breath... look at how overpowered your equipment is... and then thank turbine for what an amazing job they are doing.

Kolvarg
07-27-2007, 04:51 PM
Can't you just click on the target with the mouse to select? Then you don't have to tab

Aspenor
07-27-2007, 04:54 PM

Yes but this mechanic also replicates the fact that you would have to discover the location of your target. You wouldn't KNOW where they were teleporting to.

AEschyl
07-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Can't you just click on the target with the mouse to select? Then you don't have to tab

apparently that's too hard for some people

maybe they're one handed (or they at least 'play' one-handed ;))

Raath
07-27-2007, 05:06 PM
I dont see the lack of a readying your action mechanic in DDO. In fact youre doing it so much you dont even think about it.

When you ready an action in PnP, you have to declare it. In DDO, you actually do it.

When something disapears, unless you have on see invisibility, it should dissapear from your focus orb. When I draw my bow waiting for it to reapear, I'm readying my action. When you move your cursor over what spell youre going to cast, youre readying your action. You just dont have to declare that youre doing it.

dameron
07-27-2007, 05:31 PM
Yes but this mechanic also replicates the fact that you would have to discover the location of your target. You wouldn't KNOW where they were teleporting to.

That doesn't matter at all, teleporting within visible range doesn't give you the opportunity for a hide check nor would it require a spot roll to find someone who's teleported.

As soon as you reappear, which in PnP is instantaneous, everyone knows exactly where you are and could take their readied action.

What turbine really should to do is implement "Blink" since so many of their mobs do it anyway.

dormetheus
07-27-2007, 06:27 PM
This is a ridiculous complaint. Now, targetting through doors and walls is an exploit, and you do that every day, constantly.

Really, every time a target moves from your LoS, it should break from your focus orb. You're just lucky your character has 360 degree vision and can see through walls.

A realistic complaint could be that "target nearest enemy" is broken. Since I use mouselook most of the time, I hate cycling through 3 different enemies when one is charging right at me. But, maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Aspenor
07-27-2007, 07:02 PM
That doesn't matter at all, teleporting within visible range doesn't give you the opportunity for a hide check nor would it require a spot roll to find someone who's teleported.

As soon as you reappear, which in PnP is instantaneous, everyone knows exactly where you are and could take their readied action.

What turbine really should to do is implement "Blink" since so many of their mobs do it anyway.

This is just one of those things that's up for interpretation of the DM, in my opinion. In this case, I think Turbine has the right to say you don't know where the Quori teleport the warforged body to.

Plus just hitting tab again isn't that big of a deal. You don't even need him in your focus orb to hit him, either.

Ghoste
07-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Targeting that particular foe is irrelevant. If the casters begin dropping extended fog and extended maximized firewalls when a the warforged is still yellow named, he'll be dead soon enough.

Fool deserves to die anyway for conspiring with fleshlings.

JelloMold
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Not sure about the PnPness of this, but imagine you are your character for the moment...

You are fighting the monster and poof it disappears. How are you going to know where it will be next? The monster does not have a little circle on it. It's invisibility is not like Wonderwoman's "invisible" plane in the cartoons, where it is invisible but you know exactly where it is. (ouch dated myself on that one:o ) You can be ready to attack, but you should have no idea where your target is. In reality, you'd probably just wildly swing your sword around...which is what we basically do.

I say leave it as is.

Falco_Easts
07-27-2007, 07:29 PM
So someone teleports and dissapears from infront of you and appears behind you, beside you etc... and you should be able to keep firing on them without having to look for them.

yeah, right....

MysticTheurge
07-27-2007, 10:28 PM
Not sure about the PnPness of this, but imagine you are your character for the moment...

You are fighting the monster and poof it disappears. How are you going to know where it will be next? The monster does not have a little circle on it. It's invisibility is not like Wonderwoman's "invisible" plane in the cartoons, where it is invisible but you know exactly where it is. (ouch dated myself on that one:o ) You can be ready to attack, but you should have no idea where your target is. In reality, you'd probably just wildly swing your sword around...which is what we basically do.

As I said before, the PnPness of that theory is, well, not. In D&D you're absolutely 100% able to "ready an action." You tell the DM that you want to cast X spell as soon as Y target becomes visible.

Then the very fraction-of-a-second that creature Y reappears you interrupt all other actions and cast your spell. It doesn't matter if the target appears right next to you or 50 feet away, behind of you or in front of you (of course that's because D&D doesn't do facing), you cast your spell.

Think of it this way, the focus orb is not actually you being able to target a creature, it's simply knowing that that creature is there. Even if the creature stayed in your focus orb, you'd have to do some turning in order to actually find where it reappeared. So it's not so much that you magically, instantly know where the target has reappeared, simply that you know the target is out there and is going to reappear.

JD2134
07-28-2007, 03:01 AM
These changes to the POP boss WF means the end battle now takes maybe two min to finish verse 30 seconds.

O well

AEschyl
07-28-2007, 08:47 AM
These changes to the POP boss WF means the end battle now takes maybe two min to finish verse 30 seconds.

O well

lol well said

Baryn
07-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I knew, you didn't have to have a mobile targeted to actually swing at it and do damage to it.

Failing to see the problem here?

cdbd3rd
07-28-2007, 09:26 AM
... I hate cycling through 3 different enemies when one is charging right at me. But, maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

I don't have the game up atm to check, but look through the keymap options. IIRC there's one there for targetting nearest..

-

Dkmafia
07-28-2007, 12:24 PM

QFE - I thought I saw every tear, but I guess you can actually cry about everything. I'm still ****ed the mobs attack us, is this a bug?

Tavok
07-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I don't understand your blind outrage at Turbine, because they aren't really exploiting anything. The boss is wayyyy easy to begin with, the teleporting makes it a bit more fair. But I do agree that a monster should remain in the focus orb after going invis, teleporting, etc. My main issue with this is rezzing, even if the target snaps back to his stone which is IN RANGE of your spell, he won't be in the focus orb any more. This is particularly annoying (and expensive) when trying to raise with scrolls.