PDA

View Full Version : A new Monster Profile has been posted: Undead Rats/Carcass Eater

Quarion
07-27-2007, 03:12 PM
A new monster profile has been posted! Check out www.ddo.com to see it!

Mad_Bombardier
07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone else thinking ROUS's?ROUSes? I don't think they exist.

Raelg14
07-27-2007, 03:44 PM
Unfortunately, adventurers not too far from Stormreach recently sighted something altogether different, something they have taken to calling an undead giant rat. As this name implies, these rodents seem to be undead and have been described as larger than large dogs and twice as heavy.

Anyone else thinking ROUS's?

Symar-FangofLloth
07-27-2007, 04:16 PM
ROUSes? I don't think they exist.

And the poor Mad Bombardier was never heard from again. A group of intrepid adventurers, however, have found what appear to be his remains in the lava swamp near the den of some ROUSes. Only one of them survived, though.

:D

Qzipoun
07-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the moster profile, always fun to hear about new things ;)

Can't wait for monday's WDA :D

Gimpster
07-27-2007, 06:19 PM
A new monster profile has been posted!
Is this the first time a monster was introduced in a profile before at least making it to Risia? I think so.

The monster profile is a good sign that module 5 will be coming sooner rather than later.

Ziggy
07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
nice

The_Cataclysm
07-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Is this the first time a monster was introduced in a profile before at least making it to Risia? I think so.

The monster profile is a good sign that module 5 will be coming sooner rather than later.

You could get to the blue dragon on Risia before it's monster profile existed?

MysticTheurge
07-27-2007, 10:23 PM
So that's five out of eight, right?

Quells
Wheeps
Cinderspawn
Undead Rats
Carcass Eaters

Bradik_Losdar
07-28-2007, 12:23 AM
So that's five out of eight, right?

Quells
Wheeps
Cinderspawn
Undead Rats
Carcass Eaters

Hehe, I'm hoping ordinary Giant Rat is going to be a part of this list. Would only make sense...otherwise where do the undead ones come from??

Besides, I think they would make a terrific addition to the kobold swarms under the streets of Stormreach. They would definately be a great classic monster to fight at the lower levels!

Tenkari_Rozahas
07-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant undead rats.... the one thing that will send my rogue run screaming like a little schoolgirl.

transtemporal
07-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Anyone else thinking ROUS's?

Ha ha, snap! They even look like they might be modelled after the RoUS. I watched the Princess Bride a little while ago, after many years. Still an awesome movie. The effects are so bad, they're cool!

GeneralDiomedes
07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Carcass Eaters are rather low level nasties .. and a CR14 Rat (even undead) is probably asking too much of the vermin genetic pool .. I am wondering if this means there are a couple of low level quests included in Mod 5.

Talon_Moonshadow
07-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Carcass Eaters are rather low level nasties .. and a CR14 Rat (even undead) is probably asking too much of the vermin genetic pool .. I am wondering if this means there are a couple of low level quests included in Mod 5.

And here I was imagining a high lvl undead quest, with hordes of low cr rats constanting under foot.......they die in one swing and only hit on a 20, but as any vorpal weilder knows, those 20's pop up a lot. :)

Kindoki
07-31-2007, 09:34 PM
And here I was imagining a high lvl undead quest, with hordes of low cr rats constanting under foot.......they die in one swing and only hit on a 20, but as any vorpal weilder knows, those 20's pop up a lot. :)

That's what I want to eventually see.

I can only guess at the headache for the software to keep up, but imagine fighting kobold assault where all 200 kobolds and ~6 ogres charge at the exact same time...