PDA

View Full Version : Burning Blood needs looked at

Xanstrollinoax
07-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I'm playing my WF caster in POp and get burning blood put on me no big deal. Then I try to burning blood the end guy and I get am immune over his head. Is there a reason WF can get burning WF.

Impaqt
07-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Assuming PoP here.,...

hes not Immune because hes WF... Hes Immune because hes a Red Boss....

Get a Red Name. Get Blanket Immunites......

ALthough I do believe WF dont have "Blood" and therefor should be immune......

TreknaQudane
07-24-2007, 06:30 PM
They've got sap in that there livewood ;p

Hmmm....

Warforged Pancakes

MysticTheurge
07-24-2007, 09:33 PM
Assuming PoP here.,...

hes not Immune because hes WF... Hes Immune because hes a Red Boss....

Get a Red Name. Get Blanket Immunites......

They aren't usually immune to damaging spells though. It seems like it would only make sense if he had an additional immunity to acid and/or fire.

ALthough I do believe WF dont have "Blood" and therefor should be immune......

Warforged have analogs for any bodily fluid or organ that can be interacted with by the game rules, unless the warforged description specifically states otherwise.

They are not immune to a vampire's Blood Drain, an ilithid's Extract or spells that target specific physiology, simply because they're different. They have blood-like fluids, a brain-like central nervous system and corollaries for pretty much anything else that might arise.

Darkdominion
07-25-2007, 12:10 AM
I seem to recall alot of yellow whenever I cast fire spells on him...which would go part of the way to explaining the "Immune", as it would indicate resistance, although I haven't done it in a while so I'm not sure if I'm accurate about that resistance. I've also never tried acid on him. Perhaps try a maximized/empowered (if you have those feats) burning blood and see if that damages him?

wraith87
07-25-2007, 12:17 AM
I seem to recall alot of yellow whenever I cast fire spells on him...which would go part of the way to explaining the "Immune", as it would indicate resistance, although I haven't done it in a while so I'm not sure if I'm accurate about that resistance. I've also never tried acid on him. Perhaps try a maximized/empowered (if you have those feats) burning blood and see if that damages him?

Make sure you check what room you happen to be in at the time of casting your spells as well. Depending on the room certain spells do double or half damage.