PDA

View Full Version : Argonnessen and Mabar: Risia wants YOU!

Quarion
07-24-2007, 11:22 AM
In preparation for the upcoming server merge, we invite you to join us on Risia starting Wednesday, July 25th, at 5pm EST!

Just for playing on Risia, you’ll enjoy +50% XP and +1 Loot!

We’ll be merging all characters from Mabar and Argonnessen onto Risia that were created before 12:01 am on Wednesday July 25th.

You can still play on Risia if you do not have characters from Mabar or Argonnessen, everyone is welcome!

Risia requires a special client. Be sure to download the latest version here (http://download.turbine.com/ddo/DDO_Risia_Installer.exe) if you don’t already have the Risia client installed. (Current Risia players only need to patch.) For more information, please see the Risia knowledge base article here (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/kbdetail.asp?kbid=4171). Loot and XP benefits will return to normal levels Monday morning at 9am.

Gengulphus
07-24-2007, 11:27 AM
We’ll be merging all characters from Mabar and Argonnessen onto Risia that were created before 12:01 am on Wednesday July 25th.

When you say "merging" - do you mean that a new copy of the character will be on Risia on 7/25 and the original characters will remain on Mabar and Argo? Or that the original characters will be moved from Mabar and Argo to Risia (which I can't imagine will be the case, but just for clarification sake)?

WolfSpirit
07-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Only one question though,
is 1.5% the same as 1.5*?
Or do you mean +50%

Freeman
07-24-2007, 11:34 AM
Bonus 1.5% XP? Don't spend it all in one place ;)

Vinos
07-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Q do you mean +150% XP. 1.5% isn't going to inspire much playing.

Roguewiz
07-24-2007, 12:18 PM
*smacks self in the forehead*

Ignore me, misread the post.

Hokiewa
07-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Merging isn't a copy, in the sense you are using. It is more along the lines of a character transfer from on location to another. After which, the original location generally ceases to exist. In this case, Mabar and Argo will no longer be.

Ahaha, you are amusing.....

KoboldKiller
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Merging isn't a copy, in the sense you are using. It is more along the lines of a character transfer from on location to another. After which, the original location generally ceases to exist. In this case, Mabar and Argo will no longer be.

By that sense then do you mean I need to download Risia in order to play any longer before the merger or will I still be able to use Argo?

Missing_Minds
07-24-2007, 12:23 PM
What I'd be more interested in knowing is that if you pull anything good during taht time, are you going to be able to keep it?

I mean you are doing a test merge on Risa after all.

Riddikulus
07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
What I'd be more interested in knowing is that if you pull anything good during taht time, are you going to be able to keep it?

I mean you are doing a test merge on Risa after all.
I would hope so... otherwise what is the point?

Although I wonder what happens to those few people who are playing on Risia now... do they get wiped out and lose any loot they've gotten when the servers are remerged onto Risia? They did say that eventually all the servers would get one final merge.

pcgammerm
07-24-2007, 12:46 PM
here's the questions i see arise, items and xp gained from the risa time...will it be kept? if not then will the character data be a fresh copy from a more upto date version when the servers merge? if it is the same data as you are going to use for the test then, i see little reason for people to play untill the merge happens.

if items and xp is kept from the risa test then what happens to the xp/item gains on the normal servers? will it be combined or lost?

an example, i pull a vorpal longsword on the normal server and a disrupter scimitar from the risa test, which would i keep or both or neither?

Osharan_Tregarth
07-24-2007, 01:23 PM
By that sense then do you mean I need to download Risia in order to play any longer before the merger or will I still be able to use Argo?

Argo is just fine... They are merging the data, and copying it to Risia for testing purposes. Argo is not going anywhere.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM

If you look at the Dev FAQ topic you will see that what they are doing is merging the data from the two current servers on to Risia so that everyone can go there to see what a merged server will look like. In otherwords, fresh char copy from those two servers to Risia only following the transfer rules set out in the merge rules instead of the much more basic copy that was done when Risia was set up.

My two questions.... Are you leaving the existint Risia chars in place so those that have been playing there (or have chars from other servers from past copies) can continue to use it?

After the test will you be rolling back to the pre-test Risia or doest this mean I'm actually going to permanently have usable chars on Risia now so that I can actually test future releases? (If you are going to roll back to the old Risia, don't expect me to visit during the test, its not worth downloading the client for a couple days of play).

KoboldKiller
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
If you look at the Dev FAQ topic you will see that what they are doing is merging the data from the two current servers on to Risia so that everyone can go there to see what a merged server will look like. In otherwords, fresh char copy from those two servers to Risia only following the transfer rules set out in the merge rules instead of the much more basic copy that was done when Risia was set up.

My two questions.... Are you leaving the existint Risia chars in place so those that have been playing there (or have chars from other servers from past copies) can continue to use it?

After the test will you be rolling back to the pre-test Risia or doest this mean I'm actually going to permanently have usable chars on Risia now so that I can actually test future releases? (If you are going to roll back to the old Risia, don't expect me to visit during the test, its not worth downloading the client for a couple days of play).

I thank you for the information. To me not worth the effort as I'll see what it looks like after the merger which being on Argo won't effect much as the population is fine to begin with.

Osharan_Tregarth
07-24-2007, 01:29 PM
here's the questions i see arise, items and xp gained from the risa time...will it be kept? if not then will the character data be a fresh copy from a more upto date version when the servers merge? if it is the same data as you are going to use for the test then, i see little reason for people to play untill the merge happens.

if items and xp is kept from the risa test then what happens to the xp/item gains on the normal servers? will it be combined or lost?

an example, i pull a vorpal longsword on the normal server and a disrupter scimitar from the risa test, which would i keep or both or neither?

Take a look at the faq Quarion put up...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=114404

Specifically, this post.
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1251636&postcount=11

Cupcake
07-24-2007, 01:37 PM

Specifically, this post.

\pokes Osharan

Osharan_Tregarth
07-24-2007, 02:14 PM
\pokes Osharan

*squirms*

Cupcake
07-24-2007, 02:36 PM
*squirms*

Osharan, Mad Bombedier is coming to the server.

We must alert the forces and take arms!

Lorien_the_First_One
07-24-2007, 03:12 PM

Specifically, this post.

Thanks Osh, that part didn't sink in the first time (probably because my brain turns off as soon as I see that server mentioned)

Quarion
07-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Q do you mean +150% XP. 1.5% isn't going to inspire much playing.

Yeah yeah. ;) Math is not my forte, even when it comes to proof reading. Its fixed. We're offering the standard bonus stats.

Allasar
07-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Q - could you address the issue of the potential overwrite once the servers have been up and stable for a few weeks? Wouldn't it make sense to not overwrite the Mabonessen characters at that point - it really does make palying this weekend kind of pointless (other than logging in to find out which character names are getting changed).

cdbd3rd
07-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Q - could you address the issue of the potential overwrite once the servers have been up and stable for a few weeks? Wouldn't it make sense to not overwrite the Mabonessen characters at that point - it really does make palying this weekend kind of pointless (other than logging in to find out which character names are getting changed).

Unless....
The whole point of them doing this is so we can go kick the tires and let them know about the quicky bugs they've missed. <--- the point of it all.:)

Personally, since they're gonna wipe the server in a few weeks anyway, why not give us the x10 we used to get for testing purposes.??

{I'd get to use my sweet little vorpy axe before it goes *poof*} ;)
It's not like we'll get a chance to Premium Service a Risia toon over to a real server...:(

Allasar
07-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Unless....
The whole point of them doing this is so we can go kick the tires and let them know about the quicky bugs they've missed. <--- the point of it all.:)
(

Yes, but to make it worthwhile to play toons identical to my normal server, there should be some prospect that I'm going to retain the loot and xp, otherwise why not play my normal one where I'll get to keep what I've got when they do a final merge.

Mad_Bombardier
07-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Osharan, Mad Bombardier is coming to the server.

We must alert the forces and take arms!/Bombards the new server madly. :eek:

The Endless Night will consume you. That is all.

Spookydodger
07-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Just for playing on Risia, you’ll enjoy +50% XP and +1 Loot!

Awwwww I was curious to log on just to see what 1st time elite PoP would look like at +150% :P

Big-Dex
07-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I am not sure I get what we are to test. When I logged into RISIA to test things for this ARGO-MABAR wanted bit... I was expecting updated toons merged. Instead, I see a variety of things I was not expecting...

My fighter is lvl 14 on Mabar. On Risia, he got the -Mabar tag, but is back at lvl 9. I can't tell if stuff is missing, etc. etc., as I don't remember what I had back at lvl 9. ???

I thought this was a ARGO-MABAR merge, but I notice that there are -REIDRA toons and - KHYBER toons. There are some -Argonnessen toons too, but I thought it was a test of the MABAR-ARGO server merge? I don't get it?

Neither can I check for guild related problems, as the info on there is so old that it does not reflect our new guild (has me in a former guild) and such forth. I am not sure I understand what we are supposed to be looking for?

Any thoughts from the DEVS?

DianWeiYan
07-24-2007, 08:04 PM
You kinda jumped the gun a little bit. It starts at 5pm est tomorrow.

Big-Dex
07-24-2007, 08:35 PM
DOH! Guess that gets me a NOOB award! :p

Mark_G
07-24-2007, 08:56 PM
I play on the Argo server and I understand what is happening on Risia...a couple week test of the Mabar-Argo merge. To encourage gameplay on the Risia server, we're getting the standard "welcome back weekend" bonuses.

Will the experience/loot we get during this window of opportunity be carried over to my current toons, or will all of my work/play during this testing period get wiped out when the merge actually takes place?

Can't seem to find a straight answer from someone who knows.

Thanks!

pcgammerm
07-24-2007, 09:58 PM

Specifically, this post.

this didn't really answer my question, i guess i worded it badly.

What will happen after the Risia public preview is over?

Many of you have been asking for another full-character data merge and we're pleased to announce that this is exactly what we have planned after the server merges are complete. As soon as the newly merged servers have been online and stable for a few weeks we plan to do one last data transfer. This means that all of your characters will be copied over onto Risia with their most current and up to date data. We're hoping that this will encourage more of you to make Risia your permanent home. If you have been playing on Risia and are concerned about the status of your character through the public preview, please send an e-mail to Risia@turbine.com.

this just says the info on the risa server after the merger. i was referring to the information that would come from (my case) mabar server and the risa server during the preview time. if i had to guess it looks like they will just use the same info or use another data collection from the main servers just before the official merger happens

Rouge
07-25-2007, 12:04 AM
The only advantage I see; if I am right that is....
(besides testing the merger process)

Is the fact that they will be using your characters to test things, you get a loot weekend thing..... and they do NOT copy your characters again when they copy them two weeks later to test. ie. you get to keep whatever you loot on Risia now, while the rest of the servers when characters do get copied over do not have that advantage.......

However you are absolutely correct, unless you plan on actually playing your chars on Risia at some point, you won't get to use anything special that you loot.

EightyFour
07-25-2007, 03:14 AM
The true advantage here is you get to check you characters out and make sure everything got moved over.

For those of you with really good equipment of raid loot and other such, I would check it out. Because if something is missing, you can handle it than and there instead of after the server merge when it is gone and yu can't prove that you had it or didn't sell it.

I hate to add this in, but everyone knows what happens everytime a new patch is put in. There are things that go wrong, bit it's not that big a deal because it well get fixed, at least the overly obvious one's. So this is a chance to make sure that nothing is missing in you back pack or bank.

I would say, take screen shot's of everything you have and what order it is in, take screen shot's of your bank. Take screen shot's of your mail. And then compare them to everything you have on the test server when it comes back up.

That way when you say I'm missing my +1 Holy greatsword of Greater Undead Bane, you can prove it by saying check my account on whatever server, but it's not here on test.

This is more for the players to make sure they have everything when they transfer. I've seen things go wrong in server merges before, it's normally followed by a roll back, but that doesn't mean that there well not be problems.

So save your self some trouble and at least check it out for your own good. Even though if you do lose something it well be the DEV's fault, you well have to share in that blame because you had a chance to stop it.

Yvonne_Blacksword
07-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Does this mean my inventory issue...ie...my bard running around neeeeked...(poor Ghorghe!) ...all over Risia?

I would love it if his stinky armor returned...
Realy not worth much..but hey! Clothes is clothes!

JTsays
07-25-2007, 08:35 AM
I plan on logging into Risia primarily to see if the merge works well for my character integrity. I will find out then and there which ones have a dash in front of their name. :eek:

I read Q's faq as that when they are ready, they will overwrite Risia one more time with everyone's latest (new) home server info. It was a little vague though, some clarification may be helpful.

I will be keeping an eye out for a nekked bard there as well. :p

Spookykid
07-25-2007, 09:05 AM
seriously why not 1000% exp bonus, its a test server !!!

MasterofDungeons
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I played Risia last night and found a great group. We were all level 3-5 and did Depths so we weren't pulling uber loot but I'd still like to know if we get to keep the favor/loot/xp?

Cheers!
/drink