PDA

View Full Version : 0 Damage

Spookydodger
07-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Has anyone else been noticing a lot more mobs that, when you hit them with elemental weapons, you get [COLOR="White"]0 damage?

Critters like the ancient warforged in the Titan Raid, and such.

You look at their stats and it has no indication that they are under the effect of a damage reduction spell.

I suppose they could be wearing an item that is giving them damage resistance, but they seem to have resistance to most every element type.

I am starting to think this is more of a bug than anything else.

Anyone else noticed any white 0s while doing damage to things that didn't before have damage resistance?

I've been noticing this for a while, but bug reporting it didn't seem to be enough.

skraus1
07-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Most high CRs in pnp have DR and/or elemental resits/immunities as natural features. I was surprised elemental damage was this useful for this long.

DKerrigan
07-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Has anyone else been noticing a lot more mobs that, when you hit them with elemental weapons, you get 0 damage?

You look at their stats and it has no indication that they are under the effect of a damage reduction spell.

I suppose they could be wearing an item that is giving them damage resistance, but they seem to have resistance to most every element type.

I am starting to think this is more of a bug than anything else.

Anyone else noticed any white 0s while doing damage to things that didn't before have damage resistance?

I've been noticing this for a while, but bug reporting it didn't seem to be enough.

I noticed this as well in the Titan raid last night with an acid LM of construct bane and thundering LM of greater construct bane I would get a white +0 at the end of the damage display. What weapon effect were you using? (There's also a thread in GD concerning this that Graal responded to here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=114170).

Most high CRs in pnp have DR and/or elemental resits/immunities as natural features. I was surprised elemental damage was this useful for this long.

If it was reduced by DR it should have been a yellow number, and if they were immune it would say "Immune." I believe that if it was resisted by some means that there would be an entry in the combat log saying as much.

Gimpster
07-20-2007, 05:30 AM
Ancient Warforged have had minor resistance to fire, cold, and acid ever since their initial release in module 2.

Ithrani
07-20-2007, 07:14 AM
It is a white number, and you see it in PoP often, when facing the Marut or the Vamp sometimes the pure good damage appears white, or if at the end your fighting that WF the Quori and he opens the gate to the Lawful Plane and you use chaos on the Quori the numbers turn white, or is you use cold damage in the Fernia (Fire) room. It is not resist, nor is it DR, it is some kind of area of effect or planar effect that prevents or reduces the damage. If anyone has their manual of the plane handy just check out what happens to damage types on certain planes.

KoboldKiller
07-20-2007, 08:57 AM
The holy damage on my Silver Bow and my holy Rapier don't work all the time. I shot a kobold last night the first shot holy damage the second shot pierce damage only, same with my rapier and my acid rapier.