PDA

View Full Version : Feat: Whirlwind question

Dominick
07-18-2007, 03:40 PM
For some reason I cannot take this feat when I speak to Fred to swap. I am a level 8 fighter with Combat Expertise and Spring Attack. I am trying to swap out Power Attack for it, but it will not show up on the list. Is Power Attack a requirement for Whirlwind? All the tool tips I can find on Whirlwind show I meet all pre-reqs. Thanks in advance.

~Dominick~

Symar-FangofLloth
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
Did you take Power Attack at a level where you wouldn't qualify for Whirlwind? Because if you did, that explains it.

cccbeck
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Maybe it is the wrong dragonshard for the level?

Dominick
07-18-2007, 03:49 PM
I think I took it at level 1 or 2. So if I wanted to replace PA it would have to be with something that I could take at that level? If so that's good to know. Thank you!

Strakeln
07-18-2007, 04:21 PM
I think I took it at level 1 or 2. So if I wanted to replace PA it would have to be with something that I could take at that level? If so that's good to know. Thank you!Yep, that's correct.

What really sucks is when you realize you need to completely strip down your feat tree and build it back up, all to replace one low level feat. Can take a month or more, during which time your character is all sorts of gimped. Not to mention the ton of cash and shards it takes.

Hence
07-18-2007, 04:25 PM
Hmm, I swapped out a level 5 feat for Power attack, then I swapped a level 1 feat for Cleave. This must have been a bug, although the level 1 feat I swapped was Toughness and we all know how buggy Fred is with the Toughness Feat.

Maybe they fixed this?