PDA

View Full Version : An update on DDO’s Premium Services:

Yeti
07-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Great News! DDO’s Premium Services (Guild and Character rename) have a NEW LOWER PRICE! Now you can take advantage of Character Renaming for only $9.95 and Guild Renaming for only $12.95. For more information, visit http://www.ddo.com and click “Support” at top of the page.

NameisToad
07-18-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't suppose you've looked into adding further services?

I know I'm not the only person interested in transferring existing characters from one server to another.

Coldin
07-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Hmmm, that's actually getting to the point where I'd use that feature, should I have any need to actually rename someone.

Though I don't think any guild would bother renaming itself. Just disband the guild and reform.

Quarion
07-18-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't suppose you've looked into adding further services?

I know I'm not the only person interested in transferring existing characters from one server to another.

Why yes! We have! ;)

Very shortly, we hope to allow character transfer on DDO. Further details are unavailable at this time, but stay tuned!

jkm
07-18-2007, 12:05 PM
ooo! ooo! and more character slots.

Coldin
07-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Why yes! We have! ;)

Very shortly, we hope to allow character transfer on DDO. Stay tuned for more details.

Very cool. I know I will probably never use the service, but I know many people would, and it's very nice that you're implementing.

It_Is_E
07-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Greetings!

Quarion:

Could you please state more about the transfers. I recently transfered servers and would like to know if I should go home and wait . Please feel free to send me a private message but I would like to stop wasting my time if possible.

Thanks,

E.

dragnmoon
07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Why yes! We have! ;)

Very shortly, we hope to allow character transfer on DDO. Stay tuned for more details.

well There is the end of the servers that have low pops.... Now All the Servers that have small populations are just going to get smaller..

Above is just an opnion... I could be wrong.

Edit: Maybe they will be picky on which servers they let you transfer to.

Missing_Minds
07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Why yes! We have! ;)

I hope you'll also allow if the character was 1750 flagged to also allow other characters made on the new server to have 32 pt builds then.

tekn0mage
07-18-2007, 12:46 PM
well There is the end of the servers that have low pops.... Now All the Servers that have small populations are just going to get smaller..

if a server has that low of a population, it's already dead and this is the natural order of things.

New lower price means only one thing, nobody uses the rename services. I don't know anyone who has. Do you?

dragnmoon
07-18-2007, 12:54 PM
if a server has that low of a population, it's already dead and this is the natural order of things.

New lower price means only one thing, nobody uses the rename services. I don't know anyone who has. Do you?

I am more Afraid for Servers Like Mine Fernia.. Most of the Time It has a good enough Pop to get a Group going, But somtimes It Doesn't. I am afraid of the Sometimes becoming more often.

Spookydodger
07-18-2007, 01:03 PM
Great News! DDO’s Premium Services (Guild and Character rename) have a NEW LOWER PRICE! Now you can take advantage of Character Renaming for only $9.95 and Guild Renaming for only $12.95. For more information, visit http://www.ddo.com and click “Support” at top of the page.

LOL @ Turbine. The thing that's possible to do on your own is higher priced. Woohoo!

Though I suppose that you could rename yourself if you went onto another character, or had someone else, and reported your own name as offensive :D

On a somewhat more DOH! note, a friend of mine recently took advantage of this service (heaven help him). I am hesitant to let him know the price got knocked in half...

Spookydodger
07-18-2007, 01:06 PM

Yeah... 1. Then again, he also buys items off-game, soooooo. Oh to be bored and have money.

Fahkrin
07-18-2007, 01:08 PM
Can I change my surname yet?

My surname got screwed up (replaced the ' with a ~); I'd like to be able to change that and keep my first name.

DKerrigan
07-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Can I change my surname yet?

My surname got screwed up (replaced the ' with a ~); I'd like to be able to change that and keep my first name.

I thought the naming service let you do that?:confused:

LordDamax
07-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Why yes! We have! ;)

Very shortly, we hope to allow character transfer on DDO. Further details are unavailable at this time, but stay tuned!

Any chance we could transfer characters between our accounts?

Fahkrin
07-18-2007, 01:55 PM
I thought the naming service let you do that?:confused:

Nope. From the Premium Services FAQ:
Q: Can I change my surname?
A: Your surname is unchangeable at this time.

Aeneas
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
why would you rename your guild? Just disband and start a new one and reinvite everybody. Sheesh. Time wasted.

tekn0mage
07-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Exactly why said Premium Service was a premium waste of time to create.

Several months later and we still have gotten nothing actually usable from these premium services.

Riddikulus
07-18-2007, 02:21 PM
why would you rename your guild? Just disband and start a new one and reinvite everybody. Sheesh. Time wasted.
That might work for a well organized and informed guild that has a guildportal page... otherwise you end up with folks logging in days later wondering why they got booted.

Mr_Ed7
07-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Don't spend your money on such nonsense that should be free anyway!
What a bunch of opportunistic sewer gnomes to charge us for this "service".
Do what one poster said and just reform the guild.

Riddikulus
07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Exactly why said Premium Service was a premium waste of time to create.

Several months later and we still have gotten nothing actually usable from these premium services.
The upcoming world transfer might be worthwhile. Everyone dogpile on Argo.

Only problem is that $25 is pretty steep to move one character... if you could move everyone in your roster from one server to another for $25 it would be so worth it.

tekn0mage
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
True that ... but even at $25 I would do it in a heartbeat.

As it stands now, my $15 / month is being wasted on a server where I can't get any groups.

I'd gladly pay for my whole roster to be moved.

EinarMal
07-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Yeah I wonder how this would work. I recently did the self server transfer to argo (free). I have almost unlocked drow. They, you would think, would have to cap how many people can transfer to argo? It is awesome to be able to find groups at all levels but it is laggy. I just can't see the server holding up to mass transfers. I would still probably transfer over some of my other characters from my old server if they kept items/money etc...

Lorien_the_First_One
07-18-2007, 02:37 PM

If there are 150 chars in guild it would be a royal pain to disband, create a new one, and then drive the officers nuts for weeks with tells "can you add back my other alt" every time someone logged back on.

Naw, I'd either keep the name or pay the fee. My time has value.

Azden's_Guardian_An
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I want to change the surname of one of my orignal toons.
It would be the only reason I would ever use this service.

Solstice
07-18-2007, 03:00 PM

hum... I know a halfling roguish from Thelanis will move to Tharashk ehhehe :D

narizue
07-18-2007, 03:20 PM
A future Tiger bro?

Solstice
07-18-2007, 03:56 PM
yes, for sure

and lvl 10 ehehe

first char born on release date... miss this little rogue ehhee

juggalo47119
07-18-2007, 03:57 PM

After having spent all of my time on the Argo server id be willing to pay to go to a SMALLER server. Somtimes it just gets to be too much on the bigger servers. Like a DDO vacation in a way :D

chemonz
07-18-2007, 05:49 PM
After having spent all of my time on the Argo server id be willing to pay to go to a SMALLER server. Somtimes it just gets to be too much on the bigger servers. Like a DDO vacation in a way :D

Awhile back I played with someone who had left Argo to play on Khyber and he said much the same you have said here. I didn't ask him to elaborate but I was curious, why would a very busy server be a bad thing? Too much lag?

DianWeiYan
07-18-2007, 06:21 PM
Server transfers? For real? If that happens, Varro Velax would get a full-time bodyguard. :D

Hence
07-18-2007, 09:02 PM
I just thought of a premium service to offer! Pay to transfer bound items between characters. Genius!

As per the thread running on the Discussion forum. Here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=114023&highlight=Bound+Items)

Arramis
07-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Future opportunity to switch servers? Hope no one on your *new* server doesn't already have your character's name. You don't want Steve to end up as Steve56473 when you switch...Oh wait! it wouldn't matter because you could just pay 10 bucks and rename him...now, aren't you glad they reduced the renaming price?

TechNoFear
07-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Why yes! We have! ;)

Will it cost the same amount as it currently does in LotRO?
[US$25 per character with a free rename token if the name is already in use]

Merlask
07-19-2007, 09:17 AM
Server transfers? For real? If that happens, Varro Velax would get a full-time bodyguard. :D

Aww.... that's very sweet

cdbd3rd
07-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Why yes! We have! ;)

This is very cool news.

/Waits.

Patiently.

Really....

Very patiently....

/Checks watch.

Are we there yet?

:D :p

Constructive part: Hopefully as the plan coalesces, there will be a chance for some feedback from us in regard to such things as how much most of us would be willing to pay for such a service. For what it's worth, *I* wouldn't for $25. At $15 I'd maybe rearrange a couple. ;)

cdbd3rd
07-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Nobody who has will likely own up to it.
I'd see it most used by those who have, for instance, grabbed both reward tokens after a dragon run, grabbed the loot and booked off.

I did say "most".... Not 'all'.:rolleyes:

5footStep
07-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Why yes! We have! ;)

*hops up and down happily* YEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!
*Does the counterclockwise psuedo diplomacy chest dance*

Gnash your teeth Thelanians! My undead minion army stands ready and poised to crush you beneath the its tireless march! The Sacrament of Blood shall wash you free of your misguided taint! Praise Vol and accept the divinity within!

-Abactor Kazka Stinkfoot

M00nwolf69
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Here is the service I would pay for: An xp respec. For all those who have the batman build and human rogues where the change in human versatility killed the toon, imagine if you could revert back to level 1 and start clean with the build. Keep all your xp and items, just be allowed to re-level your toon. I would pay for this in a heartbeat.

DragonKiller
07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
The renaming service is suddenly much more attractive.

Naso24
07-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Here is the service I would pay for: An xp respec. For all those who have the batman build and human rogues where the change in human versatility killed the toon, imagine if you could revert back to level 1 and start clean with the build. Keep all your xp and items, just be allowed to re-level your toon. I would pay for this in a heartbeat.

Agreed - I would do the same. This would be worth spending money on. I'd be okay with a 20% XP loss too, to keep this from being a respec often for cash problem.

Riggs
07-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Why yes! We have! ;)

Woah. Could be awesome.

But as said above....if, like how people leave small towns for bigger ones as has been the case for North America for many decades - soon enough those small towns will be become ghost towns. There is a critical mass that cannot be breached before the whole thing shuts down - once you get below 50-100 people online say, people logging in will see the big empty spaces, and either also move, or just log off.

Being able to move charaacters is a good thing, but it will accelerate the population problem if there is not also a way to address what happens to lower population servers when suddenly a large chunk of the remaining players just move to another server.

mrtreats
07-19-2007, 03:32 PM
Why yes! We have! ;)

This is not a problem if they do like WoW and other MMO's and make it so you cant join the verry populated servers when you transfer they just have it so you go from your low pop to another they could also add a low med high pop on servers so we can see where the people are

TechNoFear
07-19-2007, 11:16 PM
This is not a problem if they do like WoW and other MMO's and make it so you cant join the verry populated servers when you transfer they just have it so you go from your low pop to another they could also add a low med high pop on servers so we can see where the people are

Moving to a server with a higher population is the only reason I can see to use this service.

If so why pick any but the highest population (in my playtimes)?

Lorien_the_First_One
07-19-2007, 11:59 PM

Shouldn't be allowed.... and that's coming from someone who would love to remove a level from a char that was built for D&D before I understood well enough how this game worked.

MAYBE they should allow a prem service to remove one or more levels but you shouldn't get to keep the XP and just relevel, you should have to earn the XP back.

reimond
07-20-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't suppose those of us that needed to use this feature in the past acn get our money back through subscription costs or something. I am feeling kind of cheated here. I needed to rename my character and had to pay alot more.

juggalo47119
07-20-2007, 08:22 AM
Awhile back I played with someone who had left Argo to play on Khyber and he said much the same you have said here. I didn't ask him to elaborate but I was curious, why would a very busy server be a bad thing? Too much lag?

Too much lag was the first major reason. But the guilds are seem to be competing for somthing, like they are trying to win somthing but no one knows what it is. And there is little since of family among the guild now. I know others feel the same way. Thats all. :o

Brianius
07-20-2007, 10:50 AM
will we be able to transfer charicter between accounts i have a few id like on another account i have

Riddikulus
07-20-2007, 10:58 AM
will we be able to transfer charicter between accounts i have a few id like on another account i have
I think it's safe to say they will never allow transfers between accounts.

That would make it too easy to put your characters up on EBay.

Solstice
07-20-2007, 11:45 AM
friends from LOTRO told me about this service is UP and is just pay 29 bucks, as rename character and rename guild.

Maybe they're really start take some good stuffs from one game in other...

Hope next expansion (not module, but a expansion pack) they really create all that we wanna for DDO.

rico415
07-20-2007, 12:59 PM
How about this as a thought ...
A server portal to teleport to a different server. Enter the portal and choose the server, handle nameing conflicts as on test server, origional home server added to name.
And the kicker.....
MAKE IT FREE....
With the known decline in activity I would think they should be on SAVE THE GAME thinking not on need more instant cash....
Because I know it may be down to why spend 2 months fees to see if grass is any better over on another server or just spend a little more and try a NEW game.....

Or just merge the worlds already...

Knightrose
07-21-2007, 05:53 AM
Figures. Three days after I pay $20 for a name change they do this.

You know I think it's pretty low that they ripped me off.

And waht's with the extra three dollars for a guild name change?

Anything to squeeze a dollar. That's 100% American.

LordDamax
07-21-2007, 10:22 AM
And waht's with the extra three dollars for a guild name change?

Anything to squeeze a dollar. That's 100% American.

Um.

Dude.

They just LOWERED the prices. Yes. Squeezing a dollar. Thats what they are doing. 100% American. Ripping you off. Lowering the price. Riiight.

Brianius
07-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I think it's safe to say they will never allow transfers between accounts.

That would make it too easy to put your characters up on EBay.

search for-dungeons and dragons online - what i got - http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=dungeons+and+dragons+online&category0=

search for - dungeons and dragons account - results - http://search.ebay.com/dungeons-and-dragons-account_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR10QQssPageNameZWLRS

search for - ddo account - result - http://search.ebay.com/ddo-account_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR10QQssPageNameZWLRS

There is no economy for account selling for ddo because it is so easy to level up if you work at it and if you wish to not work at it you can pay someone else to do it and if you want nice items you can get it from the same people. so i do believe account transfers are a viable option

tone
07-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Big deal, change names. How's about more time spent on making this game Fun to play again. We need more classes to play, 1-2 more races wouldn't be bad, Prestige classes, ALOT more new quests ALL levels, New spells, armor, items, monsters. these little updates that never come out till the middle of the month, aren't gonna hack it.

To stay on top of the Online gaming world you need to keep players playing. You are failing at this time. Too many people are bored with this game right now, some have stopped memberships others are gonna. Wake up!!!!

weezil2012
07-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Big deal, change names. How's about more time spent on making this game Fun to play again. We need more classes to play, 1-2 more races wouldn't be bad, Prestige classes, ALOT more new quests ALL levels, New spells, armor, items, monsters. these little updates that never come out till the middle of the month, aren't gonna hack it.

To stay on top of the Online gaming world you need to keep players playing. You are failing at this time. Too many people are bored with this game right now, some have stopped memberships others are gonna. Wake up!!!!

And you certainly sound like one that should quit. If the "little" updates aren't doing it for you, then this game probably isn't for you, since you're only looking at one or two major updates a year and a whole lot of "little" updates that they have to bust their butt on.

Bobbyd
07-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Can we get an idea on when we will be able to have server transfers

This would save me time on rerolling the same types of toons on my new server.

stoc
07-23-2007, 10:32 AM
I hope that when you enable the possibility of moving toons from one server to another that they will maintain the 1750 status with allowing the 32 point build for empty slots on that server. I am interested in trying out some new builds but alas I am very attached to my present toons and have no slots available. I think that being able to move a toon with this favor opening up more slots to 32 point builds would be a great way to populate some of your less populated servers. This would allow many in my situation the ability to travel to a new server without starting from scratch. 32 point builds are addictive and the ability to travel to a "new land" with items and wealth may just be what the doktr ordered :)

lolwagon
07-25-2007, 09:31 AM
i'm as annoyed by avaricious dollar whoring as the next guy BUT
it seems to me like one could make a lot of profit charging for rerolls on character levels. along with other things like alignment changes, stat re-distribution, etc.

i like that ddo is anti evil. and i'd really like to see ddo stay around for years to come. so if the rumors, and they may well be just that - stupid rumors, are true then that would be a new way to generate money for a game that may or may not need it. i doubt the rumor that is floating around that goes, "ddo is consolidating because they have lost funding! the official reason for server merge is a lie!" to a 89% certainty but i figured i'd throw the reroll thing out there though i'm sure it has already been considered.

Riddikulus
07-25-2007, 09:50 AM
search for-dungeons and dragons online - what i got - http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=dungeons+and+dragons+online&category0=

search for - dungeons and dragons account - results - http://search.ebay.com/dungeons-and-dragons-account_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR10QQssPageNameZWLRS

search for - ddo account - result - http://search.ebay.com/ddo-account_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR10QQssPageNameZWLRS

There is no economy for account selling for ddo because it is so easy to level up if you work at it and if you wish to not work at it you can pay someone else to do it and if you want nice items you can get it from the same people. so i do believe account transfers are a viable option
Actually, no.

The reason there are no postings on Ebay is because Turbine got Ebay to take them all down, you know intellectual property and all that. I remember reading about that here late last year I believe.

There is still a market for that kind of thing, but it'll more likely be handled by those farmer spam emails now, and no, we don't need to give farmers an easy way to transfer a fully stocked character to your account... e.g. for $499.95 we can transfer to you a level 14 paladin fully stocked with raid gear. No thanks.

Impaqt
07-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Hmmm.. Not much in here onthe Potential Premium Service I think would be the MOST benefitical for Turbine...

Extra Character Slots.....

Put a Limit on it.. Say 10 or 12 and Charge us $5-$10 Per Extra Slot. I'd even go as far as to pay an extra $1 a month per slot.

With the Limited COntent in the game and the Lenghth of time between Level Cap raise there really isnt much to do sometimes... SUre I can run Favor... But eventually, my 8 slots will all be filled... not to mention I like trying new builds.... and right now, I have 8 Characters I'd like to keep.. (Well, one is a potenial Re-Roll I supose, but rather not)

Twotribes
08-02-2007, 05:35 AM
Sony does the premium thing. Allows 4 more slots for premium costs. I might pay a reasonable fee for more slots. Moving toons from account to account is a viable idea also since people sometimes get a spouse or family/friend to buy the game by letting them play on their account.

Lorien_the_First_One
08-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Actually, no.

The reason there are no postings on Ebay is because Turbine got Ebay to take them all down, you know intellectual property and all that. I remember reading about that here late last year I believe.

There is still a market for that kind of thing, but it'll more likely be handled by those farmer spam emails now, and no, we don't need to give farmers an easy way to transfer a fully stocked character to your account... e.g. for $499.95 we can transfer to you a level 14 paladin fully stocked with raid gear. No thanks.

Who would want a L14 char, loaded with loot? I mean what's the point? I understand some games the point is to get to the highest level and thats where "the real game" is. That's not true here. The game here is levelling, or for some, grinding a bit to perfect your L14. If you are already at the top leel and loaded with raid loot what would you do with the char?

Deadrick
01-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Yah, I could see paying $25 for a complete character respec, keeping my xp and items. I would seriously pay $25 to Turbine for the chance to reselect a character class, skills, attributes, and graphics, throw in the name change for free, of course. Why not, it's a customer based business, if that's what the customers want- do it. All the technology is already there, and if it's what I want to do to my character, why shouldn't I be allowed to do so? It doesn't affect anybody but me, so let me have my respec, and just add it into my bill.

Arkat
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
Dude, you should change your name from "Deadrick" to "Deadthread" cuz that what you've managed to dig up here! Jeez, the last post before yours was made like 5 months ago!

shores11
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
When clicking on the rename services link I get nothing but a blank page. Why is it so diffcult to purchase a name change?

How do I purchase a Character Rename?

You may start the Character Rename Process by completing the form located HERE (http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=24001&task=ticket).

shores11
02-06-2011, 02:24 PM
When clicking on the rename services link I get nothing but a blank page. Why is it so diffcult to purchase a name change?

How do I purchase a Character Rename?

You may start the Character Rename Process by completing the form located HERE (http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=24001&task=ticket).

I found the answer to my question and was able to order a rename. The system you click on is like trying to open a ticket so it takes a bit of digging to realize you can use it to change your name.

Barazon
02-06-2011, 02:33 PM
How about this crazy idea: you actually provide SUPPORT to your customers instead of just updating how you can charge us money? For instance, allowing your "support" people to do something more than say "that's not a known issue, submit a bug report" to everything for which a ticket is created?

As it stands now, it looks like your marketing research has shown that the number of customers lost due to complete lack of support costs less than actually providing support.

incineration
02-06-2011, 02:36 PM
hmmmm....

/major necro