PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary question...Skeleton Knights?

randallflagg
07-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Someone please help. Why can I not kill the Sleleton Knights on a lv 2 quest?!

In the Sanctuary, it's part 3 of quest from Friar Renau, To find a witness.

I'll be coasting along and then here come the Skeleton Knights. I have gone in there with my lvl3 Paladin, lvl 3 cleric, and lvl 3 fighter! None can beat the skeleton knights!

No matter what the weapon, I keep scoring a miss! Even with a +1 blunt weapon!

Help!

Kagetora
07-15-2007, 09:55 PM
The Skeleton Knights have an almost out-of-place high AC, even on Normal setting,
compared to the other mobs you face in the Catacombs quests.
They can be taken down quite easily with magic - the Cleric's
Cure Light/Moderate Wounds spells (or wands of the same),
which will damage undead targets, as well as Nimbus of Light (L1)
and Deific Vengeance (L2) should also be effective.

Paladins could use their Lay on Hands and/or Cure wands to the same effect.

PurdueDave
07-15-2007, 10:01 PM
They can be tough. Buff & boost and go to town on them. A high AC helps a lot as well. They're tough to hit but don't hit back all that hard.

Snike
07-16-2007, 03:13 AM
You need better dice, cause you need to roll a crit to hit them.

randallflagg
07-16-2007, 03:36 AM
This must be a quest everyone skips.

3-4 oozes drop at you during the struggle to compound the matter! Theres got to be a holy weapon that can bust up those skeletal Knight-mares!

Ekental
07-16-2007, 04:10 AM
On normal, you'll have to buff up, on elite, you'll need to have a twinked character.

Your other option is magic, as mentioned.

Catacombs is most easily done by completely ignoring every mob and simply running to the quest objectives.

It might be fun the first time you kill a skelly, but by the nth one, and especially the nth time you've completed the quest, I'm pretty sure speed is what you'll be going for.

Missing_Minds
07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
or just dont' bother to do the catacombs till much later on, at which point it will feel like a normal quest. So far all of the silver flame has been designed such to where I find it to be a royal pain in the rear, even if the second tier of favor is probably (in my opinion) one of the most under rated rewards in the game.

randallflagg
07-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Perhaps I am missing the point here -but I still don't understand why there are Skeletal Knights in a lvl 2 quest that basically cannot be killed until you get to, say. lvl 6 or better!

Anyway if that is one of my only complaints then all is well in Stormreach!

Ekental
07-22-2007, 02:12 AM
Yeah, the point is that they are, but unless you have a twinked character your most realistic option is magic.

Glossing over this detail is an insult to a good chunk of the players.