PDA

View Full Version : Opinions Please

DaGSO
07-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Now with Flesh to stone - turns anything that has a fleshy exterior to stone.

SO the question.

Should not Stone to Flesh turn a Earth elemental (it is stone) to a zombie like critter?

I know it doesn't but that is the thought of the weekend as I am about ready to leave this hell on earth...err i mean work.

Vardak
07-13-2007, 03:38 PM
heh, nm

Kire
07-13-2007, 03:40 PM
lol i thought about that and it would be cool but prolly not gonna happen. if you read the description for StF it says turns party members who have been turned to stone back to flesh. nothing about earth ele's.

DaGSO
07-13-2007, 03:42 PM
No, flesh to stone should have no effect on anything not "fleshy"

I was building the rule of Flesh to stone...and using it on Stone to flesh. Not to say I do this at work:)

Shamguard
07-13-2007, 03:45 PM
No, flesh to stone should have no effect on anything not "fleshy"

He said "Stone to Flesh". Interesting idea. Though I belive that by definition Stone to Flesh is only a counter to Flesh to Stone, and nothing else.:(

My favorite series of PnP spells. Flesh to Stone, Rock to Mud, Mud to Rock, Stone to Flesh. (Now Raise Dead that.:p ) Yes, I know in 3.5 the Rock to Mud, and Mud to Rock don't work (by definition) on worked stone, and Flesh to Stone counts as worked stone, but still it's a fun thought.:)

Mad_Bombardier
07-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Should not Stone to Flesh turn a Earth elemental (it is stone) to a zombie like critter?Could be fun! I think it would essentially take away the elemental's DR. It would have the same CR/HD, abilities, etc. Afterall, its still the same outsider just transmuted to flesh and would be thinner skinned.

Vardak
07-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Heh, too slow on my edit.

Sure stone to flesh. Make the elemental all gooey sure why not.

Shamguard
07-13-2007, 04:08 PM
Heh, too slow on my edit.

Sure stone to flesh. Make the elemental all gooey sure why not.

HA HA caught ya.:)

Ranmaru2
07-13-2007, 04:26 PM
But aren't earth elementals just mass of earth and not necessarily 1 specific piece/type of earth? I mean..if the earth elemental was part rock/stone, then I suppose Stone to Flesh could turn those pieces/segments of the Elementals body into some sort of "flesh" or "substance." However, this would probably be too overpowered and unable to be implemented just from that.

MysticTheurge
07-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Nope. Stone to flesh (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/stoneToFlesh.htm) can only target:

Target: One petrified creature or a cylinder of stone from 1 ft. to 3 ft. in diameter and up to 10 ft. long

The description references being able to turn a stone golem into a flesh golem or a statue into a corpse. But presumably the target has to be entirely made up of stone.

Earth elementals, contrary to their DDO appearance, don't actually meet this criteria. They ought to have a lot of, well, earth involved too.

Shamguard
07-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Nope. Stone to flesh (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/stoneToFlesh.htm) can only target:

The description references being able to turn a stone golem into a flesh golem or a statue into a corpse. But presumably the target has to be entirely made up of stone.

Earth elementals, contrary to their DDO appearance, don't actually meet this criteria. They ought to have a lot of, well, earth involved too.

So we can make a pot of rocks into a stew? Yum. Just need a little salt and some garlic.

MysticTheurge
07-13-2007, 06:49 PM
So we can make a pot of rocks into a stew? Yum. Just need a little salt and some garlic.

Yep. Yummy "flesh" stew.

Mad_Bombardier
07-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Yep. Yummy "flesh" stew."Hobgob food is Kobold. It's Koboooooooold!"

Shamguard
07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Yep. Yummy "flesh" stew.

"Stone to Flesh, the other white meat.":) or should that be "the other wight meat"?:D