PDA

View Full Version : All Caster Party - What Happened?

Ghoste
07-11-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, a few months ago there was a thread suggesting some people get together for an all caster party. Things were discussed and several people said they were willing to get involved. It was decided to go all warforged for the sake of being able to repair selves/each other. It was decided that the party would group on Riedra and that a guild would be formed of these players.

So here's the point I'm wondering about: did anything ever happen with that group?

I signed up, was the first one to find the thread starter on Riedra, got the guild set up together and waited. A couple more came along the next week, and we added them in. Several others signed up, but didnt show up at all, or just werent around when they said they would be, or not when any of the other members of the group did? I really got the vibe that it wasnt going to happen. At that point I decided to take a break from DDO (about 2 months), but I did check out that old thread, and it seems to have died as itwas when I took my break.

Uska
07-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Well, a few months ago there was a thread suggesting some people get together for an all caster party. an all caster party. Things were discussed and several people said they were willing to get involved. It was decided to go all warforged for the sake of being able to repair selves/each other. It was decided that the party would group on Riedra and that a guild would be formed of these players.

So here's the point I'm wondering about: did anything ever happen with that group?

I signed up, was the first one to find the thread starter on Riedra, got the guild set up together and waited. A couple more came along the next week, and we added them in. Several others signed up, but didnt show up at all, or just werent around when they said they would be, or not when any of the other members of the group did? I really got the vibe that it wasnt going to happen. At that point I decided to take a break from DDO (about 2 months), but I did check out that old thread, and it seems to have died as itwas when I took my break.

Still have my high wisdom warforged for that he is 2nd level and waiting hoping we can try to get it going again had some rl issues at first but still willing. have some items for presents if we can get it going. yeah he is a sorcerer I still think we should let the bard and sorcerer guy take one lvl of rogue each so they can max out umd for possible rez ability. when they can get their umd high enough later maybe the whole group can get rez rings.

Ghoste
07-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Ya, I think mine is still sitting at lvl2 as well.

Would a bard really need to take a level of rogue to max out umd? Seems to me a bard can do that quite well.

I was mainly just asking, although a friend and I both made warforged wizards on Argo. We went with Argo cuz of the large population. This way we can play our other toons on Ghallanda when something interesting is happening there, and on Argo when stuff is happening there (and so we dont have to feel obligated to group with our Ghallanda guild). We didnt make them to group solely with other wf casters, but it would be nice, especially as we get higher level.

I had originally made up a guild for myself to avoid blind invites/pressure to join guilds until I had a chance to become more familiar with Argo, but now we have two people in it, hehe. Still not completely settled on the name though. What we have is "Arcane Construct". Would be open to other suggestions.

Aspenor
07-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Over loot weekend we did an all-caster Crucible run. 3 sorcerors, a wizard, and two clerics. It was a breeze, one of the easiest runs ever.

xanrez
07-12-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm willing to make a WF caster on Redria.If/when I do,is there anyway I can get some help with groups.Like I said I'm willing to do this,if you guys are. :D

Ghoste
07-12-2007, 12:53 PM
I gave up on the Riedra group. Like I said, I've started one on Argo. It's my only character on Argo, so it's 28 pt build with no goodies. Not that I'd be opposed to grouping with 32 pt chars. So far just me (Ghoste) and a friend (Xhadow). We didnt start our guild with the idea of having toomany more ppl join us, but then I remembered the thread from months back about the same thing.

scion
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM
While I wasn't a part of the original group, a WF caster sounds like fun. What were the guidlines for 'caster'? do you have to be a pure caster, or could you multiclass (say, ftr2/Wiz12, or pal3/sorc11)?

Also was there a particular meeting time/day?

Ghoste
07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
While I wasn't a part of the original group, a WF caster sounds like fun. What were the guidlines for 'caster'? do you have to be a pure caster, or could you multiclass (say, ftr2/Wiz12, or pal3/sorc11)?

Also was there a particular meeting time/day?
As far as the original group, it was all pure casters. And meeting times were once a week.

I dont particularily care if you multi class, but I will say this: you will find, especially at high levels, that the way I run quests tends to be hindered more than helped by melee classes. A lot of stealth, and a lot of distracting baddies we dont have to fight (here's an example (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3C8fHJyVXw&feature=RecentlyWatched&page=1&t=t&f=b) - imagine a whole group running stuff like that). That's not to say i'm completely rigid. I'm always on the look out for ways to do things more efficiently. As far as our meeting times...it's more of a guild than regular group. So we just group whenever we're on. I'm personally just logging onto Argo now, and will be on for a little while.

Blind_Skwerl
07-12-2007, 04:56 PM
I am regularly in all caster parties. Durring the +1 loot weekend, we were doing cabal for one on elite with 4 sorcs, 1 wizard, 1 offensive casting cleric. Start to finish was typically under 7 minutes. FoD's, PK's, and firewalls like crazy. :D

Uska
07-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Ya, I think mine is still sitting at lvl2 as well.

Would a bard really need to take a level of rogue to max out umd? Seems to me a bard can do that quite well.

I was mainly just asking, although a friend and I both made warforged wizards on Argo. We went with Argo cuz of the large population. This way we can play our other toons on Ghallanda when something interesting is happening there, and on Argo when stuff is happening there (and so we dont have to feel obligated to group with our Ghallanda guild). We didnt make them to group solely with other wf casters, but it would be nice, especially as we get higher level.

I had originally made up a guild for myself to avoid blind invites/pressure to join guilds until I had a chance to become more familiar with Argo, but now we have two people in it, hehe. Still not completely settled on the name though. What we have is "Arcane Construct". Would be open to other suggestions.

was sleepy didnt mean to say bard

Ghoste
07-12-2007, 09:41 PM
In any case, for those who were into this before (or may like to now), would love to see ya on Argo. I think Riedra's just not going to work unless the plan is to form a group that only plays with that group (which was the plan before, but I'm hoping to expand it a bit).