PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to see the spell effects on your party members?

Katianara
07-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Without examining them? Like, icons below or near their mana/hp bar?

Ziggy
07-11-2007, 01:11 PM
no.

Katianara
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Wow, that's pretty horrible :|

Roguewiz
07-11-2007, 01:52 PM
other than inspect

no

what, do you think this is wow? :p

Ziggy
07-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Yes

Target them
On your target window, click the "magnifying glass"
thats the same thing as the examination roguewiz.

lunar1995
07-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree that is horrible! I get really frusterated trying to look up and waste my time trying to research **** when it could be easily displayed somewhere.

CaitMonster
07-12-2007, 09:28 PM
ya know I just ask the party all good on buffs. if they aren't smart enough to realize they have/don't have something then obviously they don't need it. :P

I check upon entering/shrines from then on out I cast when mine run out and ask if they need refresh periodically when mine get low or we face a npc that can dispel.

Juni
07-13-2007, 12:01 AM

No there isn't but some effects do show on screen, like blind, curse, and poison. Then stuff like bull Str, Bear endur, Cats grace will show a graphic when casted and the same graphic when the timer runs out. Then you have some spells that you can see like bark skin and stone skin. Any area/mass effect buffs its fair to say when your timer is up so is everyone elses.

As far as buffs and debuffs that don't show some type of graphic if the person doesn't speak up don't waste your time looking for something to cast on them. Granted if someone gets poisoned you can ask if they need lesser restore when poison runs out. Same with hunting some undead since they do ability damages. There are also a few that you can hear mummy rot and disease make a noise in the background you have to listen for it at 1st to know the sound. If like some people you have all your sounds turned down so you can hear voice then people will just have to speak up when they are hit by them.

By the time your capped and you get to where you can have 10+ buffs added to you at one time it would just be a mess if they where on the hp/sp bar.

~Jules921
07-13-2007, 04:03 AM
I usually cast the resists etc on myself first that way I'll know when its running out for everyone else. I also usually make the general announcement - "Tell me what buffs you need" and people usually do.