PDA

View Full Version : Trial to retail - Did I need to d/l the "Retail client"?

Galvinor
07-10-2007, 05:21 PM
I tried out the trial back in April, and I decided to purchase the game electronically. I received the serial number along with the link to d/l the client, but I decided to only enter the serial number into my account to make it a full subscription.

I'm just making sure that by d/l'ing the trial and updating accordingly, I have the same version as the full retail and will not be restricted at any point. I hope that's the case b/c I've passed the 30 day limit the d/l the client after my purchase (Which I think is absolutely ridiculous since I've paid for the product and should be able to d/l the client as much as I like, but that's just me. I can think of no reason for placing this restriction.)

Thanks for the help.

Mad_Bombardier
07-10-2007, 05:24 PM
The only thing you are missing from the digital download is the Very High resolution graphics. All other features of the game are included in the Trial download.

Galvinor
07-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the quick response!

Hmm...my comp will probably be able to run those settings, but I'd still like to try it out. I guess I'll contact them and see if I can get a new link to the client.

Thanks again.

Mad_Bombardier
07-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the quick response!

Hmm...my comp will probably be able to run those settings, but I'd still like to try it out. I guess I'll contact them and see if I can get a new link to the client.

Thanks again.The only way to safely get the High Res package is from the retail CDs/DVD. You can purchase the retail version at Gamestop/EB for US$15. Or, you can always ask a friend to borrow his/her CDs to install.

Galvinor
07-10-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've actually got a friend planning to join so I'll just pass on the info to him and borrow his dvd.

Sweet, problem solved!

Karos
07-11-2007, 02:42 AM
The only way to safely get the High Res package is from the retail CDs/DVD. You can purchase the retail version at Gamestop/EB for US$15. Or, you can always ask a friend to borrow his/her CDs to install.

Last time I downloaded the risia client the high rez images were there. Not that downloading the risia client is an effiecient way of getting the file.

Mad_Bombardier
07-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Last time I downloaded the risia client the high rez images were there. Not that downloading the risia client is an efficient way of getting the file.There was a problem with database mismatches between Risia High Res files and regular server play. Quarion told us to only use the Risia files at our own risk, so I did not mention it here.

Karos
07-11-2007, 11:08 AM
There was a problem with database mismatches between Risia High Res files and regular server play. Quarion told us to only use the Risia files at our own risk, so I did not mention it here.
Never had that problem, but thanks for the info on that. :)

Tiberius0000
07-11-2007, 12:09 PM
The only way to safely get the High Res package is from the retail CDs/DVD. You can purchase the retail version at Gamestop/EB for US$15. Or, you can always ask a friend to borrow his/her CDs to install.

I only problem I found with that was when the game updates from a retail disc there was over 9,000 files to download, ....at the time I was dialup.... took me a week...LOL.

Mad_Bombardier
07-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Guys, I'm just relaying Dev/QA info trying to help here in Newbie Q&A. If you want a horror story (most probably) relating to this problem, see here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=110771).

Karos
07-13-2007, 04:18 AM
Guys, I'm just relaying Dev/QA info trying to help here in Newbie Q&A. If you want a horror story (most probably) relating to this problem, see here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=110771).

If you follow his story though, its only one character affected there, his daughters character on the same account/pc, and other characters aren't affected by that bug. That pretty much rules out anything on his end I would highly think. :)

Mad_Bombardier
07-13-2007, 09:42 AM
If you follow his story though, its only one character affected there, his daughters character on the same account/pc, and other characters aren't affected by that bug. That pretty much rules out anything on his end I would highly think. :)That's just one case (and only probably related). The main news came from Quarion saying "we recommend not doing this."