PDA

View Full Version : Armour Mastery Stacking

Bamf
07-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Fighter and Dwarven Armour Mastery now does not stack.

It used to - when did this change?

Has anyone else noticed?

Uska
07-08-2007, 07:56 AM
since when I will have to check and make sure but it seemed to be working yesterday. your not using a tower sheild are you?

Bamf
07-08-2007, 08:12 AM
have got a tower shield - has that got sumthin to do with it?

Uska
07-08-2007, 08:15 AM
have got a tower shield - has that got sumthin to do with it?

tower sheild limits your dex bonus as well need tower shield mastery equal to dex bonus I dont get my full dex bonus as I dont have a mithril tower shild or enough tower shield mastery to take advantage of my dex but when I do I will use my tower shield instead of my heavy shield

Dimicron
07-08-2007, 08:16 AM
A Steel/Wooden/Adamantine/other non-Mithril Tower Shield has a max DEX of 2. A Mithril Tower Shield has a max DEX of 4.

Bamf
07-08-2007, 08:19 AM
OK - so ive got a mith tower shield

Do I need to take some tower shiled enhancements to increase the dex, which will then allow me to use the armour dex bonus?

Uska
07-08-2007, 08:21 AM

Do I need to take some tower shiled enhancements to increase the dex, which will then allow me to use the armour dex bonus?

yes mithril tower shield will cover an 18 dex so you need more prehaps? I need a lot more since my dex is 26 myself

Mad_Bombardier
07-08-2007, 10:46 AM

Do I need to take some tower shiled enhancements to increase the dex, which will then allow me to use the armour dex bonus?Yes, you need the Fighter's Tower Shield Mastery enhancement to increase your max DEX bonus to match your Armor Mastery max DEX. If your DEX is higher than 24, drop the Tower Shield because you get more AC from DEX and heavy Shield than Tower Shield (with no to-hit penalty).

Wulf_Ratbane
07-08-2007, 11:04 AM
If your DEX is higher than 24, drop the Tower Shield because you get more AC from DEX and heavy Shield than Tower Shield (with no to-hit penalty).

Unless you block with your shield. I get 20-25 DR when I block (although there's an indeterminate AC boost as well). The upshot is that when I turtle up, mobs can't hit or hurt me-- not at all in quests at my level, and "very little" even up to elite.

In the end game, damage prevention will outstrip pure AC (opinions vary!) but unless you have a really good intimidate, this tactic is trickier for a fighter. I play a cleric and it works very well for me, even without intimidate-- I just drop a comet or something and pull a lot of aggro, then turtle up and hold the mobs until someone else can come pick em off.

Seriously, I could put a paperweight on my SHIFT key and go get a drink or something.

Gimpster
07-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Unless you block with your shield. I get 20-25 DR when I block (although there's an indeterminate AC boost as well).
The AC boost is +2.

Bamf
07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
Good stuff - thx for your help guys - will sort out when my enhancements reset (again).

Ill let you know how I go.

Intersting that the GM I contacted told me the Armour Mastery's do not stack....

Aspenor
07-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Good stuff - thx for your help guys - will sort out when my enhancements reset (again).

Ill let you know how I go.

Intersting that the GM I contacted told me the Armour Mastery's do not stack....

LOL :) whatta noob!!! (the GM, of course!)

Wulf_Ratbane
07-08-2007, 08:58 PM
The AC boost is +2.

How much with Shield Mastery?

A_Sheep
07-09-2007, 12:34 AM
How much with Shield Mastery?

Shield mastery only increases the DR from blocking, not the AC, so AC from blocking remains +2 forever. I think it's +2 DR for each of the feats.

Cheg
07-09-2007, 03:33 AM
My Armour Masteries are stacking.

20 Dex. +5 bonus. +5 maximum dex bonus to armor.

Fighter Armor Mastery I
Dwarven Armor Mastery I
Mithril Full Plate.
Heavy Steel Shield.

Works for me, tells me i get my +5 bonus.

Uska
07-09-2007, 08:13 AM
My Armour Masteries are stacking.

20 Dex. +5 bonus. +5 maximum dex bonus to armor.

Fighter Armor Mastery I
Dwarven Armor Mastery I
Mithril Full Plate.
Heavy Steel Shield.

Works for me, tells me i get my +5 bonus.

works like its supose to op is using a tower shield which limits his dex max unless he takes tower shield mastrey

Cheg
07-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I had a guildy who thought they didnt stack yesterday too. Turned out she was using a Tower Shield aswell.