PDA

View Full Version : Collectables, does anyone care? Is it a problem?

Zorth
07-06-2007, 05:47 AM
Why is it no one cares about collecting? Everyone in my parties ignores double clicking on the collectable. At least that is what I have seen. There are a few who do collect, but is there enough room in their packs to do this? Do you ignore them or do you collect? Or did you used to collect and found out it is simply not worth the reward? Is five inventory packs enough to justify collecting? Ever notice the one person in the party who stands too long at the chests? Are they throwing out their hard earned collectables to make room? There must be some solution to this problem. One thing is for sure, I never have to worry about room in packs by ignoring the collectable, they are annoying.

I was right.

Kraldor
07-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Don't bother with collectibles because:

1. Its a hassle to make a run to all the collectors
2. They take up too much space in my pack
3. The rewards that you get generally suck

1 and 2 wouldn't be a problem if 3 was false, but as it stands right now, collectibles are just not worth collecting

CSFurious
07-06-2007, 06:43 AM
people complain sometimes about having no money, i would submit collect everything you can find, if i am with "noobs" who want to zerg, i go slower behind & just collect, most of the time i am with them just for the xp not the companionship

additionally, turning stuff in, gives you something to do while you wait for a group to form or an LFM to go up

once you get a portable hole & extra bank space, you will find that you have no problem storing collectibles

Gennerik
07-06-2007, 07:17 AM
About the only ones I pick up are the mushrooms that will give you the Cure potions. All my melee characters seem to carry around too many weapons that are situational, and therefore never have enough room to pick up any others.

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 07:49 AM
I collect everything, and send it to a mule. every other week or so i go do maintainance on him and hand in stuff. put arrows on the AH, send potions to those who can use em, and sell the junk.

Hendrik
07-06-2007, 07:52 AM
I collect everything, and send it to a mule. every other week or so i go do maintainance on him and hand in stuff. put arrows on the AH, send potions to those who can use em, and sell the junk.

About the exact same thing I do Ziggy...

:)

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 07:55 AM
About the exact same thing I do Ziggy...

:)
I mean it costs 1 silver to send the collectibles in stacks to him. and ive got the bank spots, and a 3 full inventories to collect.

ANd besides if i fill up with loot while in a quest the 3rd tier collectibles are the first to go.

Dariun
07-06-2007, 07:58 AM
I stopped picking up collectables once I had an elemental/pure good weapon and 10,000 pp. It wasn't fun for me and seemed like a waste of time (i.e., running another quest or looking for bargins on the auction house > dealing with collectables).

The only ones I'll still pick up are the Tangleroot ones because (1) they are easy to turn in w/out running all over the place since they all go to the same guy and you have to pass him on the way back to Stormreach anyway and (2) all three items are useful.

FluffyDucky
07-06-2007, 08:14 AM
I have gotten some nice rewards for collectables and don't mind running around to the collectors but lack of space and a disorganized backpack has caused me to give up on collectables.

To many times I have been the one standing at the chest rummaging through my backpack looking for a collectable to throw away so I have room to pick up the treasure. I wouldn't mind this so much if my backpack was more organized. My stuff keeps wandering from spot to spot so I often have to search through all the tabs in my backpack to find that last set or prayer beads I picked up so I can ditch it to have room for that nice +2 sword sitting in the chest.

At higher levels it is even worse. I have more gear, meaning less free spots in my backpack, and the rewards for collectables is not scaling up to keep up with the other treasure items.

It would also be nice if I could see what the collectable was without picking it up like you can do with items from crates. This way I can pass on the 'you need 3' collectables but still pick up the 'you need 1' items.

Summery - to make collectables worth while (in order of importance)

1) Organize the backpack so I can find collectables easier
2) Increase rewards for high end collectables
3) Allow me to see the collectable without picking it up.

WolfSpirit
07-06-2007, 08:33 AM
I pick up all the collectables.
As I move along, I destroy all but the best of each. Even the 2 required ones...
They do take up too much room for me.
Then I send all the best to my Haggle Mule. Once they all collect too much dust, I turn them all in at one for a large amount of items that turn into a nice pile of coins for me...

WhtKnt
07-06-2007, 08:36 AM
I second the thought that backpacks should be more organized. I try to keep mine separated into weapons, potions and other magical paraphernalia, and ammunition. The problem is, picking up something new just drops it anywhere and I am constantly stopping to open the pack and rearrange items.

I also feel that, with certain exceptions (such as the potions), the rewards just aren't worth the time it takes to stop and loot for collectibles, then wander around looking for who wants what. Once upon a time, I was an avid collector, but now, I hardly bother anymore.

"Masterwork arrows, again? But I use a crossbow."

cdbd3rd
07-06-2007, 08:44 AM

Yup yup. I just let the stuff build up on my 'bucket' toon til the stacks max out. I throw out the prayer beads most of the time, but everything else gets stored. I have a small list of ones I hang on to at all costs - the ones that give up healing pots or returning throwers, etc. Ones that give scrolls and wands usually go up on the AH as is, making some cheap wand/scroll rolls for young casters.

...but sometimes, yeah. At chest time it comes to decision making time on which collectable to throw out to make room for the useless +# sword of uselessness that I'm just gonna sell...

Zor_Prime
07-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Yah. I'm all for a better organized backpack. It's worse than my desk at work!

Anyway...it was brought up a while back but I think it would be nice if there was a collectible tab added to the inventory as a favor reward or something. All collectibles would go into this tab and it could only hold collectibles. Just a thought...

ToeTank
07-06-2007, 08:49 AM
I usually collect everything to about level 4. By then, my alt has enough cash to buy the items he needs. I never thought about sending to a mule alt though. I might have to look into that. Overall, my alts don't have a lot of money so that is a great way to suppliment the income so to speak.

Ziggy
07-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I usually collect everything to about level 4. By then, my alt has enough cash to buy the items he needs. I never thought about sending to a mule alt though. I might have to look into that. Overall, my alts don't have a lot of money so that is a great way to suppliment the income so to speak.
Thats why i did it. My main was a WF barbarian who was very poor. NOt until the level cap hit 14, was i over 30K pp.

Memnir
07-06-2007, 08:51 AM
I don't collect for the simple reason that I don't find it fun. I have nothing bad to say about those who do - in fact just the opposite. I think they are playing the game in a very smart fashion since there are some rather nice turn-in rewards out there for only marginal added effort. But for me - I just don't enjoy/posses the inventory management it requires.

Maybe I just got burned out on it in Beta when we only had three packs & 1 bank page and no way to get more. Back then I did collect avidly, a crystal decanter could make my day. But, it soon got to be more hassle than it was worth & I've never gone back to collecting since.

Missing_Minds
07-06-2007, 08:53 AM
I'm with those that collect. Sure it takes up some space, on a mule, but oh well. Before you can buy denith returning arrows, I"m all for +1 and better FREE ammo. I'm always glad to get necro gems, icons, talismans, archbishop medels, etc. Those mean a chance at free starting weapons. I'm starting to give these over to Newcomer on the Ghall server for when he helps out new players to DDO. I always keep the rank 1 stuff of the newer house D. +3 stat boost that stacks? Oh heck yeah.

Now, sure, some people don't find it worth it. Hey, to each their own and more for me.

Furgulder
07-06-2007, 09:01 AM
once they implement the extra bag for collectibles , Im all about collecting them.

iamsamoth0
07-06-2007, 09:31 AM
And I am SICK with collectibles. I have at least 4 pages worth of collectibles.
I felt giddy when I found my 3rd intact fingerbone.
Even tickled when I pulled a polished ore off and earth ele. :p
I am mocked by one of my best playing partners. ;)
I am willing to suffer physical harm in an attempt to recover said objects.
Espescially in the mad dash of TR pt.5, must....click.... on bookshelf...."There are 20 bloody murderers on your tail!!!". :rolleyes:
I suffer from pack-rat-itis, accepthing that is the first step to recovery.

Oh! Did you drop that....?!??.....

ahpook
07-06-2007, 09:38 AM
It would also be nice if they didn't come up with new names for similar items thus not making them stack. For example the tangle root collectibles give you cure moderate wounds, cure blindness, and remove curse but because of the unique names you cannot stack it with the potions you just bought at the vendor. No thanks.

And then there are the prayer beads you pick up off mobs in the giant hold. Why for the love of pete would a 14th level character want a freaking prayer bead? Scale them up appropriately or drop them. Bronze tokens are the only worthwhile collectibles right now. I don't care that it takes a bazillion to get something as long as you can get something level appropriate.

In summary, Collectibles are pretty worthless once you have cash and are not worth the inventory headaches IMHO.

Dyson
07-06-2007, 09:40 AM
I'm a collectable junkie. Sure, as you get higher you stop keeping the less useful ones but as a previous poster mentioned its nice to have something to do while waiting for a group.

Ken_Dorak
07-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Why is it no one cares about collecting?

Because the current benefits are poor and the backpack storage to loot amount delivered ratio in most quests outweighs the ability to nab every collectable there is.

I used to grab them all the time. That is, until I realized that what I got wasting my time was junk and I could spend that backpack space better on other loot that was worth more cash.

Dariun
07-06-2007, 09:56 AM
once they implement the extra bag for collectibles , Im all about collecting them.

If they added a specialized inventory slot, I would at least pick them up and give them to people I know who like running around and trading them in.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-06-2007, 10:45 AM
For me I collected everything while i was broke. Now that I have a bit of cash the space used vs reward value isn't there (even the gems are worth more sometimes). My time also has a value.

A while back one of the devs said they were working on a collectables pouch to avoid this problem. Don't know if they are still going there but if I could collect them without filling my inventory i probably would.

Missing_Minds
07-06-2007, 11:49 AM
You know, reading through this, I'm really going to laugh when they finally institute an NPC that wants collectables to let you pass through a certain passage in a quest.

Even if I don't have them on me (which I won't as I store on a mule) I'm going to laugh.

Klattuu
07-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I like collectable. My issue is with packspace.

Fortunately a dev recently mentioned they are working on a solution for collectables as far as taking up packspace goes.

Yvonne_Blacksword
07-06-2007, 02:59 PM
I never collect anymore.
Too many weapons, wands, potions, clickies...
Too little time...:rolleyes:

5footStep
07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Im a collectible junkie, searching far and wide for those little stashes. I do wish I could fit more in my inventory.. I pretty much use my bank space only for collectibles and a couple of weapons... sometimes go as far as using mailbox space for the dang things. I would love to have a collectibles vault or something at the bank.. maybe tied to free agent favor or something. *shrug*

I just cant stop picking up the stuff.. can't help but feel joy when I find a flowering hellscap or an executioner beetle!

thewoz
07-06-2007, 03:02 PM
I like the idea of the collectibles, but I think it needs an overhaul. A possibility would be a mix of rather unique, useful but not overpowered items that you are rewarded through collecting (ala the Festival Jester back around Christmas) and some customizations (dye armor, reshape helm, name weapon). It could go a little further and you could use them to add features to items, guild rewards, etc.

This premise could be built on through quests that open up certain collectors, finish touches on reward items, etc. I don't think this is a must by any means but could add some more rewards for folks to chase and some more 'coolness'

sigtrent
07-06-2007, 03:22 PM
The collectables kind of stink in DDO. Not exciting to collect, not exciting to turn in. The rewards are decent at lower levels where the wands are farily nice, after you get to a certian level, pretty much worthless.

I really liked the collection system in EQ2. It had a fun theme and you actually collected things, and then turned them in when you had a set. The rewards were decent items, generaly level appropriate to the difficulty of collecting them. Locations were random, encourging you to hunt around for them. All in all it was decently fun for as long as I played the game. (The problem was that combat put me in a coma after a few months of play.)

Olaff
07-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I avidly collect on any new character I start - it's free money. It might not be a LOT of free money, but every little bit helps.

Especially when you're starting over on a new server.

Once I hit 4th or 5th level, though, I generally don't collect much anymore, until I get to the upper levels and can collect the new House D collectible rewards. Those are worth it.

boldarblood
07-06-2007, 03:50 PM
I dont have time to stop for the collectibles, must zerg ;)

I dont have the space in my backpacks to justify picking up all the collectibles. I run out of room enough as it is, and can not justify picking up collectibles. I may revist that if they add a way to store collectibles seperately and/or if they increase the value of said colletible on high end content.

Gimpster
07-06-2007, 04:54 PM
I avidly collect on any new character I start - it's free money. It might not be a LOT of free money, but every little bit helps.
It's not free money- you must invest time to get this money.

The payoff of gp per time is SO low as to not be worth it. If you spend 5 minutes in Gianthold's general chat saying "Any level 14 want to donate me some plat to start out?" you will gain more money than you'd get from 20 hours of farming collectibles.

Fleeona
07-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Maybe things are different on your server but begging like that is a good way to end up on a lot of high level folks ignore list.

VirieSquichie
07-06-2007, 06:14 PM
I still collect the ones that yield cure items (but not the ones that often yield repair pots) and arrows. I've been collecting the new Deneith collectibles too, though I have yet to turn any in. I think my rogue may eventually be interested in them...? The arrows are iffy, but I've got a ranger who stores them just in case, so as long as he has extra room...

The needs-1 collectibles I collect IF I have room, they're easily dumped if there's something interesting in a chest. The junk that yields thrown weapons or scrolls goes overboard immediately, if I even click on the thing that would give it to me... (I never click on undead sparklies anymore, for instance...Yannick can go hang for all I care) I also generally keep the ones that yield fireball or lightning wands, since those are marginally useful as emergency shots or simply sell well.

Each time I start a new character, he/she collects sweet whitecaps (only) until he/she grows beyond where a cure light potion would be worth carrying. Everything else the harbor offers is nearly always garbage.

Whistleberry
07-06-2007, 08:19 PM
... Ones that give scrolls and wands usually go up on the AH as is, making some cheap wand/scroll rolls for young casters.

Do sell your wands, but the few times I've looked through the auction lots for wands, I noticed that nearly every wand has an opening bid set to its list price. That list price is for a FULLY CHARGED wand; the ones you get from collectables or chests are somewhere around 40% charged. Given that you can buy fully charged wands from a vendor for only slightly above list, I wonder if the posted wands ever sell? If not, consider discounting them reasonably.

Of course, Turbine could fix this by just having all wands start out fully charged.

Symar-FangofLloth
07-06-2007, 08:22 PM
I'd collect things if they didn't take up so much space! I thought I read something about a special collectibles bag being added? Or am I confusing this with LotRO? If they did add another tab or two for collectibles/keys/required quest items only I'd gladly pick them up. At the worst it's some cash, at th best a cheap way of stocking up.

Whistleberry
07-06-2007, 08:30 PM
It would also be nice if I could see what the collectable was without picking it up like you can do with items from crates. This way I can pass on the 'you need 3' collectables but still pick up the 'you need 1' items.

Hear, hear! Uh, but (and I just thought of this while typing, and haven't tried it), isn't the most recent pickup still in your focus orb? Just hit the "Destroy" control, and, wherever it went in your pack, it oughta be tossed.

Whistleberry
07-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I pretty much agree with most of the collection cynics, especially their disappointment with the items gotten for singleton collectables. I'll pick up any collectable I've never seen before, out of curiosity. For the rest I'm drifting into the policy of keeping only the doubletons. I find it kind of odd that the exchange reward for singleton collectables is (so far, anyway) unremittingly awful (such as a +2 studded leather nosewipe from a collector that would have given a CMW wand in trade for a couple of his "two-fer" items).

It might be more interesting if each exchange gave you a weighted random (within value limits) loot drop similar to a chest.

Nevthial
07-06-2007, 09:11 PM
This is how our small group deals with collectibles.. During a quest everyone picks up collectibles and hands them over to one person who is designated for carrying them. After the quest is over that person mails all of them to their storage character. Usually once every couple of weeks or so, whoever has been storing them will spend a few hours trading them in. We then divide up the rewards based on who can use what expendible item. The remainder is sold by whomever did the trading. Our stockpile of bane ammunition has helped along many a quest on elite setting. We have yet to buy healing wands from a vendor. This only works for us because of our combined efforts. Saving collectibles on a single character without a group effort can quickly become a burden on inventory space. If we didn't have a system like we use, we more than likely would only pick up "one" items. As it is though, it is very much worth it to us to continue in our present system.
If you have a dedicated group, try this sometime. It may be worth the effort.

Mizyrlou
07-07-2007, 09:18 AM
I only bother with certain collectibles at this point.

With my lowbies, it's all about the mushrooms for the cure pots and the blades of the dark six for ammo. With my highbies it's the collectibles for the alchemical pots.

Frodo_Lives
07-08-2007, 05:04 PM
I collect everything except the ones that give you scrolls. Wands and the like can net you some decent money and cure potions are always worth it. I am selective in the ones I keep and will not hesitate to destroy them to make room but it's all money, and money is good.

My main has about 750K but I still like turning the stuff in and making 1K just because. I still have about 12 House sealed letters, and that saves me some serious dough.

TechNoFear
07-09-2007, 12:50 AM
I would make the collectables part of the crafting system.

I lack the inventory space and time to cash them in to collect.

I would rather run some quest (solo if I have too), than run to all the collectors.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-09-2007, 08:49 AM
It's not free money- you must invest time to get this money.

The payoff of gp per time is SO low as to not be worth it. If you spend 5 minutes in Gianthold's general chat saying "Any level 14 want to donate me some plat to start out?" you will gain more money than you'd get from 20 hours of farming collectibles.

Yes but you EARNED the collectibles. If you are taking donations you might as well buy plat.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-09-2007, 08:52 AM
I would make the collectables part of the crafting system. .

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

As it is collectables are something you can do if you need the cash or enjoy it, or ignore if you think its a pain.

That kind of collecting has no place in a D&D crafting system.

OKCRandy1
07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Remember your first character when turning in a collectible for a cure pot was not just fun, but necessary for survival and questing? Remember when you had no idea what you would get or how valuable (or invaluable) the collectible would be? Remember running around to find all the collectors? Remember every party member running up and gathering from the adventure's pack on the floor in the corner? Those were the days, I'm not sure we can go back or they can be anything more than what they are now, a novelty for the pack rats and an unimportant time sink for the back pack starved high level adventurer.

Not sure if I have any new constructive ideas, but good ones I've seen include:

- Stair-stepped rewards for collectibles, bring me 3 for this, oh now bring me 9 for this next better item, ohhh and bring me 35 for this really nice item next time. Sort of a minature chain quest for collectibles.
- Make any pot or scroll reward stack with similiar inventory item
- A collectible pouch
- Better collectible rewards, uber/excellent named items for turning in large quantities of certain rare items or even random lvl appropriate end reward items/an end reward quality item in an area if you collected enough items (sounds a little like ore/tokens/relics/etc. already I suppose
- Tie collectibles to some sort of crafting or make new collectibles that can be used in crafting (people would start checking those crevices and corners for collectibles again perhaps?)

or maybe there is just no going back to the days when stormreach and dangerous

DrAwkward
07-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi, my name is DrAwkward, and I'm a collectable junkie.

I know its not good for me. My guildies are all trying to get me to quit. But when I see that sparkle... I just can't resist. I've even started mailing "free samples" to my alts. Last halloween... *sob*... I was giving them away to trick-or-treaters.

It used to be really neat.. to see that little message pop up saying I got a prayer bead. But one was never enough, right? You needed at least three hits before you felt anything. Once I saved up and did like 99 all at once. I woke up next a kobold wearing my pants, with crushed 'bead all over his... um, anyway. Now I'm up to the harder stuff. I get jittery if I can't get a crystal decanter by noon. There's a guy trying to get me into bronze tokens, but... I had a buddy that died from an overdose of those. I don't know.

Cendaer
07-09-2007, 02:34 PM

For the most part, I do the same thing.

Collectibles are basically free coins (ammunition tends to sell surprisingly well on the AH, when priced correctly) if you can't use what you're given, and free gear if you're given something you can actually use.

Personally, I don't stockpile the common ones (except for the Sweet Whitecaps, CLW potions are always going to be useful for an arcane caster), and focus mainly on the semi-rares and rares.

They're a good way to avoid spenidng money on consumables such as ammunition and wands.

Qwanderer
07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
To me collecting is about as profitable and easy as going around and picking up every pile of 235 copper coins you see in every quest from breakables. I used to pick up collectibles a long while back, but have since stopped entirely. At least picking up the silver, copper, and gold coins from breakables doesn't eat up inventory space...

The whole system, in my opinion, does indeed need to be overhauled, or at the very least, improved or modified in some way.

A few ideas to improve the current system:

- Add better rewards to higher end collectibles. (scale reward with the level of the dungeon where the collectibles are found)

- Increase the quantity of consumable items given. (wands come fully charged, scrolls and potions given out in stacks of 5-10 or more, ammunition given out in piles of 100 instead of 20)

- Add unique rewards to collectibles that are difficult or impossible to obtain any other way. The newest house D alchemical potions do this but other such items should be introduced. (Pnemonic Enhancer potions, High caster level potions such as sheild of faith, barkskin, or other potions that don't even exist such as greater heroism or freedom of movement and the like. Potions or other consumable items that temporarily increase hitpoints, caster level, BaB, spell resistance, fortification, action boost uses, running speed, turn undead attempts, ect ect ect...)

A few ideas to implement a new collectible system:

- Have a quest in the journal to track the different collectibles obtained and turned in. Give a reward for completing them all. Make this non-repeatable and with increasing rewards over time. (Different tiers of rewards based on the ammount turned in. First level at 10, second at 25, third at 50 and so on. Very similar to the mechanic the slayer quests use.

- Utilize collectibles for somthing other than getting items. (turn in collectibles to have an NPC recharge wands, repair items with low % chance of permanent damage, get long term buffs similar to the ones given for favor, unlock the use of special vendors in areas such as gianthold where vendors are scarce, unlock the use of teleport circles similar to the encampments in the gianthold area.

- Allow collectibles to be turned in to customize items. This would make an item bind and enhance it's properties in some minor fashion such as adding a point to the items hardness or increasing its durability, reducing an items weight, reducing the arcane spell failure or armor check penalty of armors, adding +1 to the caster level of spell clickies on an item, or other aestheic qualities such as color and style. Each upgrade could only be used once per item or even possibly only one upgrade to an item ever would be allowed. Perhaps unique named items would be exculded from these upgrades as would any items that are already bound. More useful upgrades would require more of the uncommon collectibles.

- Have a collectible trader that will exchange or upgrade different kinds of collectibles, very similar to the one that will exchange 3 of one relic for 1 of another kind in Gianthold. Perhaps you could only upgrade to certain kind of collectible and would have to slowly work your way up to the rarer types. Gems could be incorporated into this system perhaps. I am sort of stealing this idea from the rune system of upgrading used in the game Diablo 2 if anyone is familar with it.

I think if the current system was improved and expanded upon using ideas such as these that I have come up with, collectibles would not only be picked up in quests, but I believe there would actually be a market for them in the AH.

Katianara
07-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Imagine my surprise after coming back and seeing that the awful collections interface wasn't the first thing to get revamped :(

DKerrigan
07-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Collectables would be great if you were able to turn in multiple sets of the required tier at a time and the more you turned in the bigger bonus you got to your treasure roll. Maybe split it up so for say, tier 3 collectables turning in up to 10.x sets gained you a bonus of +1 per additional set, but turning in 11 sets boosted you to a higher loot table. 22 sets and 33 sets also boosted your loot table and the same partial set bonus applied. Something to that effect.

Skaves
07-10-2007, 02:25 PM

I do pretty much the same. I do however gather the arrows and bolts to send to my Rangers and Repeater builds. (Its amazing what a few hundred goblinoid bane bolts can do to Tangleroot)

My static group sends all collectables to one character as well, and then divides the spoils up according to need. On average we get 15-20 cure or repair serious potions per week. Yes we also get +2 armor and useless wands, but then, that's money in the bank for non-loot running groups like ours.

Zorth
06-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Why Am I not in the hall of fame for this thread. Just kidding, but I wanted to say this. I was right.

cdemeritt
06-21-2011, 07:12 PM
Why Am I not in the hall of fame for this thread. Just kidding, but I wanted to say this. I was right.

Thread Necro for the Win!

cdemeritt
06-21-2011, 07:14 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

As it is collectables are something you can do if you need the cash or enjoy it, or ignore if you think its a pain.

That kind of collecting has no place in a D&D crafting system.

Any thoughts about this now?

Gkar
06-21-2011, 07:15 PM

Holy Necro Batman!

You are claiming its a good thing that they keep adding more and more collectables to the game to force people to get those huge bags?

Gkar
06-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Any thoughts about this now?

I have to agree with that position. Collecting 8 million collectables for crafting doesn't seem very D&D like to me.

Zorth
06-21-2011, 07:17 PM
NO I am saying I was the one who got the bags introduced.

Ungood
06-21-2011, 07:34 PM
can't speak for anyone else, but, I bought a huge bag, for my main and never looked back, I click everything with impunity.

For my alts, I med bag them, so with a small and a med, they tend to do ok.

I would like to see the use and versatility of collectibles expanded upon, as it stands right now, you* can craft with them, Turn them in, or add a ritual to your weapon with them. But that takes up all of what? 10 collectibles total out of near 100?

Perhaps expand upon the rituals a bit, to use different stuff.

With the new crafting system in place, perhaps have the turn-in people give you the choice between getting an essence or item.

*Note: I mean You in the general sense. not in the direct sense, and am not targeting anyone in any way.

Rian
06-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Somebody took some time to find this thread again...

collectables don't suck as much now that you can craft with them. and the lordsmarch plaza collectables are nice.

IWZincedge
06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
/turn undead