PDA

View Full Version : Can we please get a confirm button on AH buyout?

debo
07-05-2007, 05:18 PM
Went to go bid on a disease imm belt of greater false life last night...and instead of pressing bid, I by an accident pressed buyout...for 1000k plat!

Yea pretty cruddy if you ask me...someone on Sarlona got a real nice surprise when they checked their mail lol. Anyways...those buttons are so damn bunched together...if your not going to change the AH interface, can you at least put a confirm option after buyout so that we can catch mistakes?

Katrina
07-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Ohhhh :D
I should check my mail :D

Seriously though I would like to see this as well as a 'cancel bid' button for when your daughter hits the number pad as your making a bid and you end up spending 98754pp on 20 elf slayer arrows...

artvan_delet
07-05-2007, 05:25 PM
Wait til you accidentally hit buyout on featherfalling boots of featherfall when you actually intended to go to the next page. Only to see the poster was hoping this would happen, and put a 15 million gold buyout.

1000k plat for a disease immunity belt of greater false life isn't a terrible price, at least it's usable.

AEschyl
07-05-2007, 05:56 PM
the reason is because turbine is ALSO hoping that we hit that 'buyout' button. with all of the money sinks in this game (AH fees for example) if you hit that buyout.. they're guaranteed that at least a small portion of the inflation this game was experiencing a few months ago will be swept under the rug.

i'm sure once they feel that enough of the "extravagant" player wealth has been taken out of the game, they'll impliment the 'confirm buyout/bid' button that i'm sure they already have programmed...

just a matter of taking the /* text */ off of it.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Ohhhh :D
I should check my mail :D

Seriously though I would like to see this as well as a 'cancel bid' button for when your daughter hits the number pad as your making a bid and you end up spending 98754pp on 20 elf slayer arrows...

LMAO -I think you should take it from her allowance

sigtrent
07-05-2007, 07:20 PM
Hmmm,

I keep seeing post after post requesting "are you sure" dialogs for just about everything.

Personaly I get sick of such dialogs. Are you sure? Yes I'm bloody, sure or I wouldn't have clicked on it in the first place!

I can understand when its something like deleting a character, but a lot of this stuff seems kind of trivial and easy to just take a little care while doing it.

debo
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
haha I can't wait till it happens to you!!!! Mr. I keep track of everything! Only other topic where I have seen someone else recommend a pop up is for using tomes...and i happen to agree with that as well.

shoebox747
07-05-2007, 07:50 PM
i'm sure once they feel that enough of the "extravagant" player wealth has been taken out of the game, they'll impliment the 'confirm buyout/bid' button that i'm sure they already have programmed...

this statement is not 100 correct becasue even if they take out all of the money in the game thoes companies all over are making profit by chargeing real money for ddo money. i wish there was a way for elimateing this. i know people who have 20 million gold and spend it like crazy then get it back the next day. While i spent my time trying to collect all the money i cou

Shoebox level 12 ranger / level 2 fighter
Shoepolish level 6 cleric

Mad_Bombardier
07-06-2007, 10:33 AM
They just need to move the Bid and Buyout buttons apart. There's no reason for them to be so close together.

Braddock_Tharmwell
07-06-2007, 10:52 AM
haha I can't wait till it happens to you!!!! Mr. I keep track of everything! Only other topic where I have seen someone else recommend a pop up is for using tomes...and i happen to agree with that as well.

/sarcasm on

It's true. The pressure packed atmosphere of the AH can get pretty extreme at times. What with having to watch all 52 moving screens, as they scroll by at break neck speeds, and then be ready to hit those friggin Kobold like moving buttons as well. Come on Dev's. Please slow the AH pacing windows down, so all folks can at least hit the proper buttons already. ;)

/off

And I would to vote this special quip, as Quote of the week.

"Mr. I keep track of everything!" FTW... Classic! :)

Pecky
07-06-2007, 11:50 AM

arminius
07-06-2007, 12:18 PM

Do tell. I don't want to log onto Risia. What changed?

_