PDA

View Full Version : Can Warforged get some loot equality?

Strumpoo
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I have noticed this in game, WF'd specific items are often weaker than fleshling items that are in essence the exact same item.

Why don't Warforged get as good of loot items as other characters? :confused:

Lets look at some of the newest items, the dragon scale armors:

Why do all of the dragonscale armors upgrade the Armor Class of the fleshlings while not upgrading the AC of us Warforged (most add 1 ac to the base ac of the armor, but the docents are all just +5)? In essence almost all of the dragonscale armors are better for fleshlings than they are for Warforged. Why is this?

Why can't the machines of war get a little love in their loot tables/rewards? don't even get me started on the wonderful Dragon Docent, or the Titan Docent (which could be nice if it lasted a little longer)

We do our jobs keeping the weak little fleshlings alive, now we want our rewards! :mad: ;)

SneakThief
07-05-2007, 01:37 PM
And why is the black dragon docent seem like a rogue centric docent? Has anyone actually ever seen a WF rogue? :D

To the one or two of you WF rogues out there? Have you seen any others? :D

Seriously though, you have a point. The counter point from the fleshies might be, "You can hot swap your docents around MUCH faster than any of that armor can be swapped, so you already started off with an advantage". But most of the other name docents in the game suck to. You wouldnt be the first person to point that out.

Arrioch
07-05-2007, 02:31 PM
totaly agree, can we please make the a dragonscale docent for all the armor types? the black one being rogue sucks.. i know more wf pallys and clerics than i do rogues and the heavy armor version of the black docent would be much more usefull, just add docent versions of the rest of the armor there for our iron clad buddys *edit* also would like to see mith docents, so wf can increase their max dex bonus like everyone else

Rathic
07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
two best named docents for just wearing around
docent of the mastermind(waterworks end reward)
Giant craft docent(+5 mod fort + shield clicky

titan docent doesn't last long enough
and if I were you I would have made the evil dal qor docent from pop attainable in either the tor or the reaver as a named docent that put voices in our head :D

Geriant
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
also would like to see mith docents, so wf can increase their max dex bonus like everyone else

A docent isn't really armor per se, so a mithril one wouldn't work the same way as mithril plate would. Docents are more or less like robes and have no inherent armor bonuses or penalties.

As far as warforged rogues go, they make pretty good ones actually and are very nice to create a multiclass character with in my opinion but others can and will disagree.

~G

SneakThief
07-05-2007, 03:12 PM
if I were you I would have made the evil dal qor docent from pop attainable in either the tor or the reaver as a named docent that put voices in our head :D

That would be awesome!!! Well ... as long as it doesnt say "There's a fire reaver in the library!"

Strumpoo
07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
two best named docents for just wearing around
docent of the mastermind(waterworks end reward)
Giant craft docent(+5 mod fort + shield clicky

titan docent doesn't last long enough
and if I were you I would have made the evil dal qor docent from pop attainable in either the tor or the reaver as a named docent that put voices in our head :D

Voices in our heads would be sweet!

"Smash all the fleshlings, except your repairing arcane friends...You don't need them, they are weak!"

If there was a docent version of all the armors that would be awesome, with the added AC that the fleshlings get, of course. ;)

Malachi_Stormlight2
07-05-2007, 03:48 PM
I was running in an all WF group the other day and some one made a comment how they believe most of the DM narration was designed for morons.. i.e. "The door before you is locked, you might be able to open it with a key"

But then we all realized its not designed for morons, its designed for WF ;)

Voices in our heads would be sweet!

"Smash all the fleshlings, except your repairing arcane friends...You don't need them, they are weak!"

If there was a docent version of all the armors that would be awesome, with the added AC that the fleshlings get, of course. ;)

studentx
07-05-2007, 11:27 PM
I have noticed this in game, WF'd specific items are often weaker than fleshling items that are in essence the exact same item.

Why don't Warforged get as good of loot items as other characters? :confused:

Lets look at some of the newest items, the dragon scale armors:

Why do all of the dragonscale armors upgrade the Armor Class of the fleshlings while not upgrading the AC of us Warforged (most add 1 ac to the base ac of the armor, but the docents are all just +5)? In essence almost all of the dragonscale armors are better for fleshlings than they are for Warforged. Why is this?

Why can't the machines of war get a little love in their loot tables/rewards? don't even get me started on the wonderful Dragon Docent, or the Titan Docent (which could be nice if it lasted a little longer)

We do our jobs keeping the weak little fleshlings alive, now we want our rewards! :mad: ;)

I find tons of dwarf and warforged only items +5dex, +3 res cloaks, +5strength items, mostly as end rewards. =) See loot tables are random, since I have zero warfrog characters. :p

Yaga_Nub
07-06-2007, 06:55 AM
......, since I have zero warfrog characters. :p

I want to be a warfrog!!

Skaves
07-08-2007, 04:08 PM
And why is the black dragon docent seem like a rogue centric docent? Has anyone actually ever seen a WF rogue? :D

I play a Warforged rogue.

Yes, I know of 11 others, all on my friends list. Most are Rogue/Wizards or Rogue/Fighters. All of them are great rogues.

Memnir
07-08-2007, 05:13 PM
and if I were you I would have made the evil dal qor docent from pop attainable in either the tor or the reaver as a named docent that put voices in our head :DI was really looking forward to seeing this in the Reaver loot list - and was rather disapointed when it was not there.

I guess making a super-cool WF only item is just not in the cards. But, I'm kinda used to it by now, since it seems like ever since the Devs gave WF their immunities they (seemingly) washed their hands of the race and forgot about them again. Its sad that WF predjudice seems to start at the top and trickles down to the player community.

Shecky
07-08-2007, 06:11 PM
If you want quality WF loot, go no further - just look at all the interesting items I pull with RR WF. ;)

Hvymetal
07-09-2007, 02:49 AM
I believe they were talking about specific warforged named type loot i.e. docents, and yes a lot of them seem to be rogue-centric or maybe ranger -centric. Whole lot of stealth type bonuses out there on them.

Shecky
07-09-2007, 08:59 AM
I believe they were talking about specific warforged named type loot i.e. docents, and yes a lot of them seem to be rogue-centric or maybe ranger -centric. Whole lot of stealth type bonuses out there on them.

Oh, I know. I was just playin'. :)

Chaoswf
08-13-2008, 01:37 PM
I was running in an all WF group the other day and some one made a comment how they believe most of the DM narration was designed for morons.. i.e. "The door before you is locked, you might be able to open it with a key"

But then we all realized its not designed for morons, its designed for WF ;)

ah yes the simple warforged very strong but none too bright....though I wouldn't suggest ticking one off ;)

Strykersz
08-13-2008, 01:44 PM
I'd settle for being able to turn Icy Raiments into a docent. I wouldn't even complain if they just reused a standard drop docent look.

Beherit_Baphomar
08-13-2008, 01:45 PM
This one has just started to decay...

Kaboth
08-13-2008, 01:49 PM

I knew of one on Khyber named Mesonuktion his main was Well I cant say anymore, he always changed, Azarath was one of them..

GlassCannon
08-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I knew of one on Khyber named Mesonuktion his main was Well I cant say anymore, he always changed, Azarath was one of them..

He moved to Argonessen.

GlassCannon
08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
If you want quality WF loot, go no further - just look at all the interesting items I pull with RR WF. ;)

Like Fullplates and Boots with Hide +15... like a 'Forged needs to cower in the corner... wearing fullpate....

Venar
08-14-2008, 06:42 AM
The new armors in the new raids also support the lack of WF loot.

The real reason is is probably that docent can be hot-swaped and thus stronger then armor.

Forceonature
08-14-2008, 07:09 AM
The new armors in the new raids also support the lack of WF loot.

The real reason is is probably that docent can be hot-swaped and thus stronger then armor.

But docents are the only way to "upgrade" our body armor. There should be a comparible docent option for armor rewards. Both VoD and Hound have +5 named armor with +4 Protection and additional benefits, where are the docents?

Turial
08-14-2008, 08:45 AM

True, but you do get the Docent of Defiance and Docent of Quickening which are two of the best armors in the game for the effects they have/produce.

I would be for a ritual that allowed you to place a Docent of a particular + (similar to how shroud crafting requires a particular + weapon to charge cells) in with the weak fleshy armor you want to wear and a third ingredient in the altar of change and have it fuse the two together. Conversly I would like to be able to do the reverse, using a different 3rd ingredient, to fuse docents into regular armors. Nothing like running the titan or dragon and getting a docent drop and no forged to take it.

GreyRogue
08-14-2008, 09:01 AM
*SNIP*
Nothing like running the titan or dragon and getting a docent drop and no forged to take it.

Well, there's your problem! Next time bring along a few members of the superior race. :D

Rickpa
08-14-2008, 09:57 AM

Just comparing the robe and the docent with compositing plating, the warforged actually comes out ahead. It's a +6 robe for the fleshling, but it's +5 docent & +2 composite plating to give a warforged +1 over the fleshling.

The rest of the armors are +5, as is the docent. Consider this; your body feat is your armor type, and that means you can essentially have a white dragonscale mithril breastplate with mithril body and the docent. Does the white scale leather or scale armor compare to that?

Turial
08-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, there's your problem! Next time bring along a few members of the superior race. :D

See I've actually had one or two forged refuse to take the titan docent before saying they already had one and it was useless.

Man I would love to get 30 dr for 30 seconds on my fleshy ranger.