PDA

View Full Version : I wish my cloak and boots were visible!!

AEschyl
07-05-2007, 12:35 PM
cuz we dont have enough of these threads yet

post count +1

Lorien_the_First_One
07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
lol thats the best justification for it I've seen yet

SneakThief
07-05-2007, 12:42 PM
I guess as long as we can have /showcloak off and /showboots off so that we can keep our current appearance.... ok

Its hard enough finding a matching helmet for my armors let alone a USEFUL matching helmet. Most characters I end up just turning it off even though I would like to have helmet. I dont want to have to find matching cloaks and boots too. Now, if we could dye them ... :D

AEschyl
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
perhaps i should've misspelled it "vizable"

...would that've helped?

Zor_Prime
07-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Bowstrings baby!

Rathic
07-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I still hold my 2handers like I'm a ******** monkey trying to slap you.

Klattuu
07-05-2007, 03:33 PM
Cloaks, Boots, bracers, rings, necklaces...

Not exactly sure why these pieces of immersionary fluff were never implemented but it would be nice.

Zor_Prime
07-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Not exactly sure why these pieces of immersionary fluff were never implemented but it would be nice.

It's "flair"...and it would be nice to see our 15 pieces... :D

Malachi_Stormlight2
07-05-2007, 03:55 PM
You do want to wear your Flair dont you? Dont you!?

It's "flair"...and it would be nice to see our 15 pieces... :D

Kraldor
07-05-2007, 04:08 PM

Rings would be just be wasted detail (oh wow i can see it if I zoom in all the way!)

Ken_Dorak
07-05-2007, 04:23 PM
You do want to wear your Flair dont you? Dont you!?

I believe the correct phrasing is ...

"You do want to express yourself, don't you?"

Conejo
07-05-2007, 06:44 PM
also, pants.

Uska
07-05-2007, 06:53 PM
would be nice

Gimpster
07-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Just like my helmet!

WilbyZ
07-05-2007, 08:33 PM
For majority of Boots and Cloaks, they are either Green or Red respectivly.

So...
/showboots on ... ho hum I see I have Green boots.

/showcloak on .. ho hum I see I have a Red cloak.

:eek:

AEschyl
07-05-2007, 09:15 PM
For majority of Boots and Cloaks, they are either Green or Red respectivly.

So...
/showboots on ... ho hum I see I have Green boots.

/showcloak on .. ho hum I see I have a Red cloak.

:eek:

except for the cool-looking cloaks, like the zephyr cloak :)

Ken_Dorak
07-06-2007, 09:46 AM
So ...

Have any Devs ever ... 3V4R ... commented on this? I mean, thoughts? A "Hell No"? A "We'd consider it"? Anything?

If not, will the Devs comment on it? Seriously, it's brought up often enough that it should probably at least be acknowledged.

AEschyl
07-06-2007, 09:51 AM
maybe they're planning to impliment it, but they "wanna do it right" and thusly this includes:

making it so that every cloak doesnt look exactly the same (red for fire, blue for cold resist, and so on)

-and-

retro-actively implimenting that

(which are both changes that i would expect to be made if they did ever get around to implimenting this)

Rowanheal
07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
I don't like having the helmet now... I turn it off on all my characters...

So, if I have the option to turn it off and on, then yes... if not, a huge no way ...

See ya in Stormreach,

cryptic
07-06-2007, 10:08 AM
/signed, with the show on/off

and i would like to see what armor looks like before i buy it

Klattuu
07-06-2007, 12:30 PM
Rings would be just be wasted detail (oh wow i can see it if I zoom in all the way!)

Kind of splitting hairs there on what is wasted and not wasted detail. Some would say that cloaks and boots are wasted detail as well.

Personally I don't think there are too many wasted details that can be put into the game.

Ever notice that some giants in gianthold are wearing rings?

AEschyl
07-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Kind of splitting hairs there on what is wasted and not wasted detail. Some would say that cloaks and boots are wasted detail as well.

Personally I don't think there are too many wasted details that can be put into the game.

Ever notice that some giants in gianthold are wearing rings?

yeah but their rings are bigger than our belts :p

Bryan721
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah I don't know why they haven't implemented some type of visible way to customize your avatar. When I first started playing I was kind of shocked when there weren't at least a few slider bars to adjust character appearence. Some may see it as fluff I suppose but to me it is one of the central draws of playing one of these games, creating and detailing an "alter ego". I figured that maybe it would come about some time after launch or at least there would be some equipment tweaking method in the works but unless I missed it in the forums I haven't seen peep one out of turbine on this. I understand that some of the raid loot is unique in it's textures but that isn't really what I mean, I would rather have some way to have more control of the way the characters look REGARDLESS of what loot he has on, I don't know about you guys but I hate finding some appearence affecting Item the is a great item but absolutely doesn't fit the look I want, or the reverse, a cool looking +1 docent of water breathing for my warforged for example. I suppose you have to suck it up and use the +5 PINK docent of invulnerability but really....In a game about imagination and immersion, why can't they throw us a bone and figure something out? Maybe I am spoiled regarding avatar customization having been a COH player but I still think not being able to control how YOUR alter ego looks is very dissapointing. DDO has done such a good job on so many aspect of the game, Quests design, core rules adherance, integrated voice chat, updates...Whay have they dropped the ball on this issue so badly? Am I the only one in the community who thinks this way and so it "Isn't a priority with the playerbase" and won't get looked at? If so then Ok fine but let me know so I can find another game.

AEschyl
07-07-2007, 01:33 AM
you need to find the 'enter' key...

Klattuu
07-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeah I don't know why they haven't implemented some type of visible way to customize your avatar. When I first started playing I was kind of shocked when there weren't at least a few slider bars to adjust character appearence. Some may see it as fluff I suppose but to me it is one of the central draws of playing one of these games, creating and detailing an "alter ego". ... DDO has done such a good job on so many aspect of the game, Quests design, core rules adherance, integrated voice chat, updates...Whay have they dropped the ball on this issue so badly? Am I the only one in the community who thinks this way and so it "Isn't a priority with the playerbase" and won't get looked at? If so then Ok fine but let me know so I can find another game.

I think the issue has been one of available resources and time. When Turbine created AC2, the avatars in that game had a high degree of variability and movement flow and it was very well done.

The complexity of DDO characters, settings, and quests means that a LOT of time and energy is going into the core of the game and all the extras kind of get put on the back burner (DDO appears to be much more complex than any other MMO I have seen or heard about). Size manipulation of avatars means that new tech has to be introduced to variablize armor, helm, and weapon objects which can be technically difficult to get it right. If time is not permitted (such as the investors are demanding for production release before every bell and whistle is installed) then cool features tend to get simplified or shelved to make the release date.

Will DDO get greater avatar variability? It is possible but probably not likely until the game core is complete and the devs have the luxury of working mostly on content and cool fluff.

I wish Turbine would drag out a lot of the fluff code from AC2 and retro-fit it to DDO. That could be a potential boost to the fluff level in the game.